Subject: GLOWBUGS digest 201

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 09:07:25 -0500 (CDT)

GLOWBUGS Digest 201

Topics covered in this issue include:

  1) The rig glows!
	by [email-masked] (Michael Herr)
  2) Re: The rig glows!
	by [email-masked]
  3) H-K rating of 6AS7?
	by [email-masked] (michael silva)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 27 May 1996 09:13:46 -0700
From: [email-masked] (Michael Herr)
To: [email-masked]
Subject: The rig glows!
Message-ID: <v01530501add073e033c8@[199.120.150.67]>

Hello gang,
     Well, been working on a simple, one tube (3A4) qrp transmitter to go
along with my Heathkit GR-91 regen. Last night I fired it up to the dummy
load and low and behold, it perked along just fine. It's been a long time
since I had to "dip" the tank and it felt good. Just got to finish the T/R
switch and external low pass filter block and it will be on the air.
     Unfortnuately, the 3A4 just doesn't glow all that much. Got to turn it
upside down and squint just right to see the filiments. Oh well, the neon
light I use as a tune up indicator glows very nicely when keyed.
73
Mike WA6ARA

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 27 May 1996 13:13:56 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked] (), [email-masked]
Subject: Re: The rig glows!
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

> 
> Hello gang,
>      Well, been working on a simple, one tube (3A4) qrp transmitter to go
> along with my Heathkit GR-91 regen. Last night I fired it up to the dummy
> load and low and behold, it perked along just fine. It's been a long time
> since I had to "dip" the tank and it felt good. Just got to finish the T/R
> switch and external low pass filter block and it will be on the air.
>      Unfortnuately, the 3A4 just doesn't glow all that much. Got to turn it
> upside down and squint just right to see the filiments. Oh well, the neon
> light I use as a tune up indicator glows very nicely when keyed.
> 73
> Mike WA6ARA

Great!  Join us on the television rocco's modern world QRG of 3579R545.
7051 is ok also, at 0000Z-0155Z, but it is often crowded with SSB stuff.

Your success on the 1-bottle burner makes me smile with much gusto!
I may get the urge to fire up Henrietta Hartley, again,.....(:+}}...
The band was extremely good last night, and signals could be heard from
all over everywhere.  But, noone checked into the net at 0200/0300Z.
I know, everyone was tired from a long holiday weekend....(:+}}.....

Fine business there OM.  Keep yer firebottle's glow well established.

73/ZUT DE NA4G/Bob

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 27 May 1996 10:17:32 -0700
From: [email-masked] (michael silva)
To: [email-masked]
Subject: H-K rating of 6AS7?
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

Hi gang,

I'm building a regulator for my 400v supply (more for adjustability 
than regulation) using a 6AS7, and I can't seem to find the maximum 
heater-cathode voltage rating for the tube in any of my books.  I'm 
planning to use a separate filament transformer with the secondary tied 
to the cathode of the error amplifier tube (about 100 volts above 
ground) to run both tubes, so the heater-cathode differential could get 
up to 200 volts or so on the 6AS7.  I'm sure this won't be a problem, 
since this is largely what the tube was designed for, but I'd feel 
better knowing the rating before I fire it up.  Thanks.

73,
Mike, KK6GM

------------------------------

End of GLOWBUGS Digest 201
**************************