Subject: GLOWBUGS digest 237

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 1996 00:22:53 -0500 (CDT)

GLOWBUGS Digest 237

Topics covered in this issue include:

  1) A glowbug homebrew and a contest.
	by [email-masked] (Michael Herr)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Jul 1996 22:19:50 -0700
From: [email-masked] (Michael Herr)
To: [email-masked]
Subject: A glowbug homebrew and a contest.
Message-ID: <v01530503ae11c6bff350@[199.120.150.48]>

Hello Gang,
   Well, I  played in the QRP Homebrew sprint this weekend and had a ball!
Oh, yes, only a grand total of two qso but were they fun. What made it so
were the rigs used. The transmitter was a one tube (3A4) at 1/2 watt. I
just finished making several mods and getting it tweeking along. Sure, it
"whooped" a little like a good one tube oscillator transmitter should but
no complaints. The receiver was a HeathKit GR-81 regen that I built back
when I was 14. Spend a couple of weeks picking prunes in the fields to earn
the money for that rig. Did a lot of SWLing with it but this was the first
time I used in in ham radio. Then the wind would blow, the antenna would
swing and the regen would take off squelling and a walking up and down.
What a ball! It isn't always what you do but how you do it. Love those
regens!
vy 72
Mike WA6ARA

------------------------------

End of GLOWBUGS Digest 237
**************************