Subject: GLOWBUGS digest 247

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 1996 21:56:21 -0500 (CDT)

GLOWBUGS Digest 247

Topics covered in this issue include:

  1) SP-210-lf for sale
	by Kim Herron <[email-masked]>

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 28 Jul 1996 22:53:41 -0400 (EDT)
From: Kim Herron <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: SP-210-lf for sale
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

Hi Gang,

   I've wrung my hands over this for a while now and my spouse has convinced
me (rolling pin in hand) that I should part with it.  It is a Hammarlund
SP-210-lf receiver and It should have a home where it's gonna get more use
than here.  It covers 100 to 400 kc and 2.5 ot 20 mHz in five bands.  I
should tell you that it has be modified (and documented).  The entire
receiver has been changed to miniature tubes and on board power supplies
have been installed.  The chassis layout is the same as original, but 6BA6's
and 6BE6's are used throughout the RF and IF chain.  The BFO, noise limiter
and audio use 12AX7A's and 6AQ5's.  A complete schematic for the radio also
exists, complete with tube pinouts.  The B+ regulator circuit and power
supplies are solid state.  The receiver also works well.  It also has a
100kHz calibrator with 25 and 10 kHz divider circuit as well. The knobs are
original and the crystal phasing shaft isn't broken.  The front panel has
been refinished and the lettering refilled with black paint.  The entire
receiver has been recapped with ceramic caps and the resistors have been
changed out as well.  I'd like (not really) to sell this with the doc's, a
manual and part of the shipping for $225.00.  Is any body interested?  Let
me know here or call me at 1-616-677-3706.  

Thanks,

KIM
[email-masked]

------------------------------

End of GLOWBUGS Digest 247
**************************