Subject: Beekeeping

From: [email-masked] (malcolm roe)
Date: 19 Feb 93 20:03:31 GMT

I've been watching this group for several months, hoping to see some
postings on beekeeping.  So far all I've seen has been a fairly lengthy
thread on killing bees, which was not quite what I had in mind!
(Actually, they turned out not to be bees in the end.)  Anyway, are
there any beekepers out there or should I be looking in some other
newsgroup?

One subject that particularly interests me is the varroa mite, which
has recently been detected in the UK for the first time, so we have very
little experience in detection or treatment.  A case has been found
about 15 miles from my bees.  This probably means I only have a few years
before my bees become infected too.

We are getting information from beekeepers in continental Europe (mainly
Germany) and I would certainly be interested in anything more from there.
However, most of the postings in this group seem to come from North
America.  I would be particularly interested to hear any experience
or advice from American beekeepers.

Post your answers if you think they are likely to be of general interest.
Otherwise mail me.  I will summarize if I get a reasonable response.

-- 
Malcolm Roe                            Phone  :  +44 442 230000 ext 4104
Crosfield Electronics Ltd              Fax    :  +44 442 232301
Hemel Hempstead, Herts. HP2 7RH, UK    E-mail :  [email-masked] 
------------------------------------------------------------------------