Subject: Books on Bees 4Sale

From: [email-masked] (John Green)
Date: 25 Dec 1994 16:33:49 GMT

Books on Bees 4Sale

All prices post paid in U.S.

reply email [email-masked]

Zahradnik, J.  Bees, Wasps and Ants:  A Field Guide to the World's 
Hymenoptera.  London, Hamlyn, 1991.  Hard cover with dust jacket, 191 
pages, includes bibliography, index, color illustrations.  Excellent 
Condition.  $14 

Whynott, Douglas.  Following the Bloom: Across America with the 
Migratory Beekeepers.  Harrisburg, PA: Stackpole Books, 1991; First 
Edition.  Hard cover with dust jacket, 214 pages, includes glossary, 
bibliography.  Excellent condition.  $16

>From  the dust jacket:

"Following the Bloom" is a portrait of the most extraordinary stockmen 
and ranchers of our time:  the beekeepers who move their 
livestock--billions of bees--around the country in search of nectar.  

These cowboys are shrewd business people.  one beekeeper trucks thirteen 
thousand hives from Florida to South Dakota's clover fields and in five 
weeks makes a million pounds of honey.  Another drives his bees to the 
blueberry, apple and cranberry growers of the Northeast, then harvests 
two hundred pounds of honey per hive.  It's a run for honey, American 
style, and there are nearly as many routes as beekeepers.

--