Subject: Re: Looking for books

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 1994 19:33:51 EDT

The books are:

    Aebi, Ormond and Harry. The Art and Adventure of Beekeeping.
      Santa Cruz, Ca.:  Unity Press, 1975.  (Reprint: Emmaus, Pa.:
      Rodale Press, 1983.)

    Aebi, Ormond and Harry.  Mastering the Art of Beekeeping.  Santa
      Cruz, Ca.:  Unity Press, 1979.

They are out of print.  If you want copies of them, do the following:

a)  Contact a local used book dealer and ask her to do a search for you.
 It'll cost you a buck or so and you might get lucky.  Or,
b)  Go to your local library with the info above and ask them to get them for y
you on inter-library loan.  Once you have your hands on them I'm sure you can f
figure what to do!

BTW, I thought this was SCI.agriculture.beekeeping and already ART is rearing
its ugly head!

---

From: [email-masked] (Richard Hyde)
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 1994 05:25:11 GMT

Chris Gonna' Find Ray Charles Tate ([email-masked]) wrote:
: I'm trying to locate the books by the Aebi's.  The first is called
: "Mastering the Art of Beekeeping;" I can't recall the name of the
: second.

As far as I know, the Aebi's still live in Santa Cruz, CA.  You
might try calling them.  I really enjoyed those books, but looking
at my shelf I seem to have misplaced mine  :-(

Rick

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|   Richard Hyde  |  [email-masked]  |  This space intentionally left blank  |  
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked] (Matchstic)
Date: 15 Apr 1994 01:11:08 -0400

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Chris
Gonna' Find Ray Charles Tate) writes:

 Try Wicwas Press
 They have a great list both of current books in print and an equally neat list
of older and antique books.
 1-203-250-7575
 Hope this helps
 mike vincent
 [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Chris Gonna' Find Ray Charles Tate)
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 1994 18:39:55 GMT

I'm trying to locate the books by the Aebi's.  The first is called
"Mastering the Art of Beekeeping;" I can't recall the name of the
second.

Border's bookstore here doesn't have them listed, and so I suspect
that they're out of print.  Does anyone know where I might locate a
copy, or perhaps write to a publisher for a stock copy (or at worst,
copy permission, on the off-chance that I could ever find a library
copy of one)?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Christopher Tate             |  "So he dropped the heart - 
MSD, Inc.                    |     the floor's clean."
[email-masked]    |                 - Sidney Harris

---

From: [email-masked] (Adam Finkelstein)
Date: 15 Apr 1994 10:32:05 GMT

: BTW, I thought this was SCI.agriculture.beekeeping and already ART is rearing
: its ugly head!

 AGRICULTURE takes the ART part, for agriculture is truly a blending
between art and science!

Adam
--
Adam Finkelstein  VDACS Apiary Inspector 116 Reservoir St Harrisonburg VA 22801
703-433-1006 (V)   703-434-5607 (Fax)   703-564-4394 (Pager)
[email-masked]    [email-masked]        |Bees To Please|

---

From: [email-masked] (Chris Gonna' Find Ray Charles Tate)
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 1994 14:21:15 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]> writes:
> [... deletions ...]

No smiley?  I'll take this as it stands, then....

I *believe* the Aebis hold the record for the most honey taken from a
single hive in a single (season? visit?).  On that strength alone I'd say
their books deserve a serious look by any serious beekeeping aficionado.
>From an outside reference to the books, I gather that they also didn't
use much in the way of protective garb, smoke, &c., so I'm curious as
to their approach.

(I'll forbear from an argument about whether or not it is desirable or
even possible to divorce science and art.  :-)

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 1994 19:33:51 EDT

The books are:

---

From: [email-masked] (Richard Hyde)
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 1994 05:25:11 GMT

Rick

---

From: [email-masked] (Matchstic)
Date: 15 Apr 1994 01:11:08 -0400

Try Wicwas Press

---

From: [email-masked] (Adam Finkelstein)
Date: 15 Apr 1994 10:32:05 GMT

Adam

---

From: [email-masked] (Chris Gonna' Find Ray Charles Tate)
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 1994 14:21:15 GMT