Subject: How About a FAQ and List of Local Groups?

From: [email-masked]
Date: 14 Apr 94 16:53:43 EST

Hi Folks!

	Now that we have a newsgroup, maybe we should try to come up with 
a FAQ...Anybody have any questions that they think should be there?

	How about having a list of beekeeping organizations for folks to
contact. The April issue of BEE CULTURE has suck a list that we could probably
scan and post. They are listed by state and county/province for the US and
Canada, if I remember correctly. Maybe we can add the ones for other countries
that are represented here. Just a thought...

-- 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dave D. Cawley		   |	Where a social revolution is pending and,
University Of Scranton	   |	for whatever reason, is not accomplished,
[email-masked]	   |	reaction is the alternative.
ddc1@SCRANTON		   |				-Daniel De Leon
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

---

From: [email-masked] (Adam Finkelstein)
Date: 15 Apr 1994 00:20:08 GMT

I think Mr. Rick Hough is working on a FAQ.
[email-masked]
He might need some help/suggestions.

Adam
--

Adam Finkelstein  VDACS Apiary Inspector 116 Reservoir St Harrisonburg VA 22801
703-433-1006 (V)   703-434-5607 (Fax)   703-564-4394 (Pager)
[email-masked]    [email-masked]        |Bees To Please|

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul C. Cheng)
Date: 15 Apr 1994 03:11:22 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>,
>He might need some help/suggestions.

Perhaps Tom Sanford (U. of Florida) and Eric Mussen (UC Davis) can be
persuaded to post their respective newsletters on this group.  

Any beekeepers in the Chicago area who will let me at their drones?!!

Cheers!
Paul
-- 
Paul C. Cheng ([email-masked])
Northwestern University Medical School, MSTP-1
Ward Bldg. Box 213
Chicago, IL 60611

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 15 Apr 94 06:56:35 EST

> Any beekeepers in the Chicago area who will let me at their drones?!!

	HEY! Take it to alt.sex, buddy! Boy Start a nice little group about
beekeeping and all the sickos show up...SHEESH!  8-}

---

From: [email-masked] (David MacFawn - Sun NC Development Center)
Date: 15 Apr 1994 17:43:20 GMT

This newsgroup is great!  Anyone know where I can get one of Dadant's out-of-print books on Bees and The Law?  It was written by someone in Virginia.

Also, I have postscript files of 4 articles that I published in ABJ last year on Beekeeping Business plans, finance applied to bee operations and one that I did on analyzing the affect of imported honey.  Will internet handle postscript docs?

David MacFawn
Master Beekeeper
Raleigh, North Carolina

---

From: [email-masked] (Adam Finkelstein)
Date: 15 Apr 1994 00:20:08 GMT

Adam
--

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul C. Cheng)
Date: 15 Apr 1994 03:11:22 GMT

Cheers!
Paul

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 15 Apr 94 06:56:35 EST

---

From: [email-masked] (David MacFawn - Sun NC Development Center)
Date: 15 Apr 1994 17:43:20 GMT

David MacFawn
Master Beekeeper
Raleigh, North Carolina

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul C. Cheng)
Date: 18 Apr 1994 02:15:27 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, Dave Cawley <ddc1@jaguar.
uofs.edu> wrote:
> (I write:)

One of the most common questions I get from my friends is how I actually
collect bee sperm.  I guess that makes me kinda weird to know how to do it
(but then again, have you ever known a "normal" graduate student?).  The 
undergraduates in our lab at Davis always seemed so enthusiastic (note: 
hint of sarcasm) when bee sperm collection days rolled around...

Speaking of which, does anyone know how to get the smell of drone feces
off of one's hands?  I've tried all of the consumer soaps, comet, etc., but
the darned smell is harder to get off than even the smell of anatomy lab!

Regards,
Paul

---

From: [email-masked] (april ammons)
Date: 18 Apr 1994 12:44:12 GMT

>the darned smell is harder to get off than even the smell of anatomy lab!

Have you tried any of the products available at pet stores for removing
skunk scent and other odors?  I've successfully used "Ryter's Odormute"
to remove the smell of urine from carpet. (And no, I don't work for them.)

April (who's hoping to have bees maybe next year)

---

From: [email-masked] (Jon Gefaell)
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 1994 23:29:14 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>,
>Also, I have postscript files of 4 articles that I published in ABJ last year on Beekeeping Business plans, finance applied to bee operations and one that I did on analyzing the affect of imported h…

I may be premature, but Adam Finklestien, the fellow who proposed the group
is a user at my site. I'd be happy to offer our resources for an anonymous
FTP site (We already archive some Amiga software development) gopher, www, 
etc... for Sci.Agriculture.Beekeeping.
-- 
_____________________________________________________________________________
\ \  /  Jon Gefaell, Computer Systems Engineer       |  Amateur Radio, KD4CQY
 \/\/  Community Internetwork Research & Development |  -Will chmod for Food-
  \/  The University of Virginia, Charlottesville    |   [email-masked]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<a href:"http://Hopper.ITC.Virginia.EDU/~jeg7e/">Jon Gefaell's Home Page</a>

---

From: [email-masked] (Adam Finkelstein)
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 1994 11:31:21 GMT

Try Lava.
Adam

-- 
===============================================================================
Adam Finkelstein  VDACS Apiary Inspector 116 Reservoir St Harrisonburg VA 22801
703-433-1006 (V)   703-434-5607 (Fax)   703-564-4394 (Pager)
[email-masked]    [email-masked]        |Bees To Please|
================================================================================