Subject: New kid on the Block

From: [email-masked] (Moore Chad)
Date: 19 Apr 1994 16:17:38 GMT

Just wanted to say hi to all of you beekeepers out there.  This is the 
first Newsgroup that I have seen,  that is actually interesting.  I am 
from the Salmon River area in Idaho, and my family has been raising bees 
for over fifty years in this area.  We only have about three thousand 
colonies, but are hoping to expand if we  ever get rid of the mite.  We 
were clean, and had healthy bee hives until we started to go to 
California in the winter.   The best way that I know of to get rid of the 
might is the strips dipped in acid.    We have used  Cough drops, sticks  
dipped in medication, and  variouse other methods.   We  have had might 
for about  five years now, and it is finally starting to go away, but it 
has  cost us thousands of dollars  in medication  and loss of colonies.   
Does anyone  else have star  Thistle out there?  We have had that come up 
the past several years and it seems to be an  outstanding money maker.  
Thanks to whoever started this newsletter, it could be helpfull to all of 
us beekeepers.

	In reply to the beeman who got stung  on the upper lip through  
his veil.  The  best bet, is to get one of those three gallon containers 
with a spout and pour it in.  I know I get pretty thirst in one hundred 
and twenty degree weather when I am taking off of honey, and need a lot 
of water.