Subject: Address for BEE-L ????

From: [email-masked] (william b morris)
Date: 22 Apr 1994 17:29:02 GMT

Could someone give me the listserv address for the BEE-L and any other
bee related mailing lists ?

Thanks,

Bill

-------------------------------------------------------------
William B. Morris (The Biker Poet)  | William B. Morris                  
Computing Center                    | P. O. Box 5163                         
Box 7109                            | Raleigh,N.C. 27650-5163
North Carolina State University     | 
Raleigh,N.C. 27695-7109             |
[email-masked]                  |
-------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 94 14:25:19 PDT

> From: [email-masked] (william b morris)

Found this on the net--I haven't tried it. My work is a little fussy about 
non-work related e-mail :-(

The beekeeping listserv mailing-list bee-l. (BEE-L)
To subscribe or unsubscribe to bee-l: 
	send e-mail to: [email-masked]

	To subscribe: in text of message type: SUBSCRIBE BEE-L <your name>
	To unsubscribe: in text of message type: UNSUBSCRIBE (or UNSUB)

submit articles to: [email-masked]

Since the creation of this group, I have learned quite a bit. At least now I 
can post something of use here (a little give for all the take). I surfed the 
net via archie using these key words: beekeep, bee-culture (nothing here), and 
apis. I've summarized the results here: (btw, the 4H archive at ucdavis was 
particularly helpful for me. It's a beginner's guide and I definitely am that. 
I'm moving back to Ohio this summer and know an apple orchard that I may go beg 
to let me put hives there next year.)

*******************************************************************************
Host calypso-2.oit.unc.edu    (198.86.40.81)
Last updated 11:28 19 Apr 1994

Location: /pub/academic/agriculture/sustainable_agriculture/beekeeping
      FILE    -rw-r--r--     308 bytes  04:07  6 Mar 1994                      
                            beekeeping.mailing-list

Location: 
/pub/academic/agriculture/sustainable_agriculture/beekeeping/newsletters/apis
      FILE    -rw-r--r--   14464 bytes  23:00 25 May 1993  apis-1-93
 	<etc.>

Location:/pub/academic/agriculture/sustainable_agriculture/
          discussion-groups/mailing-lists/1993-1994
      FILE    -rw-r--r--   83131 bytes  18:00  3 Mar 1994  apis

*************
Host ftp.ucdavis.edu    (128.120.8.149)
Last updated 10:32 19 Apr 1994

    Location: /pub/extension/4h-youth/bee-keeping
      <many files that encompass a 4H program on beekeeping. In PostScript or 
	self-extracting WordPerfect 5.1>

*************
Host nigel.msen.com    (148.59.1.8)
Last updated 20:50  9 Apr 1994

Location: /pub/newsletters/Bio/apis
      FILE    -rw-rw-r--     258 bytes  00:29  7 Jan 1994  apis-README
      FILE    -rw-rw-r--   11962 bytes  23:00  3 Oct 1992  apis-v10n06
	<etc.>

*************
Host ftp.cic.net    (192.131.22.5)
Last updated 14:30 22 Jan 1994

Location: /pub/nircomm/gopher/e-serials/alphabetic/a/apis
      FILE    -rw-rw-r--    6821 bytes  00:00 16 Feb 1993  apis-1-93.gz
	<etc.>

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 94 14:41:39 PDT

> bee related mailing lists ?

I found this on the net--haven't tried it, though. Some people are a little 
fussy about non-work related e-mail :-(

I also did an archie search using the keywords "beekeep", "bee-culture" (nada 
here), and "apis". I condensed the results below. (FWIW, I found the 4H 
archives to be extremely helpful for the beginner (which I am). I'm moving 
back to Ohio this summer and there is an apple orchard that I may go beg to let 
me put a hive or two there.:)

******************************************************************************

Location: 

Location: /pub/academic/agriculture/sustainable_agriculture/
          discussion-groups/mailing-lists/1993-1994
      FILE    -rw-r--r--   83131 bytes  18:00  3 Mar 1994  apis

*************

*************

*************