Subject: Re: apprenticeships/opportunities in the UK?

From: [email-masked] (Andrew Merritt)
Date: 27 Apr 1994 13:54:00 GMT

>>>>> "mrw" == M.R.Watkins  <[email-masked]> writes:

mrw> I'm very interested in getting into beekeeping (I know very little, but
mrw> am fascinated by the little I do know).  If anyone knows of anywhere I
mrw> can learn the basics, or enter into an apprenticeship in the UK (or
mrw> Western Europe), please let me know.  I'm quite practically minded,
mrw> despite being trained as a mathematician :) .

Your best bet is to find your local beekeepers club.  There is certainly a
Kent Beekeepers Association, who probably have a local branch near
Canterbury.  If you can't find them, try the police station, they may well
be able to help as the police keep lists of beekeepers prepared to deal with
swarms.  There are also courses in advanced beekeeping, but the best way to
start is with the local association.  

Drop me a line if you have difficulty contacting a local branch, as my
mother is member of the KBKA, and I can probably get a local contact name.

Andrew
--
Andrew Merritt (C=GB;AD=GOLD 400;PD=HP;OU1=Pinewood;SN=Merritt;GN=Andy)  __o
       HP CCSY Messaging, Pinewood, UK                                   \<,
Disclaimer: I don't speak for HP, and they don't speak for me.  ........O/ O