Subject: Re: swarming?

From: rspear@sookit (Richard Spear)
Date: 2 May 1994 22:07:38 GMT

Warner Granade ([email-masked]) wrote:

: This morning when I checked my hive, there were about 100 bees above the
: opening. I have never noticed them there previously. Is this a signal of
: a possible swarm developing. I did notice that the bees were landing at
: the rate of @5 per second. Apparently the hive is strong and busy.
: --
: Warner Granade [email-masked]
: 804-924-7409

warner -

if by "above the opening" you mean on the outside of the super above the
opening, i have seen this when it is hot and humid (many hundreds of
bees!). it did not lead to swarming.

regards, richard

[email-masked]
all disclaimers apply

---

From: [email-masked] (Warner Granade)
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 1994 21:36:56 GMT

This morning when I checked my hive, there were about 100 bees above the
opening. I have never noticed them there previously. Is this a signal of
a possible swarm developing. I did notice that the bees were landing at
the rate of @5 per second. Apparently the hive is strong and busy.
--
Warner Granade [email-masked]
804-924-7409