Subject: Loss of Queen!

From: [email-masked] (Her God Messenger)
Date: 21 Nov 1994 22:44:30 GMT

Hi All,

   I have recently lost a queen to some unfortunate circumstances. The 
accident occured about 3 weeks ago.. For the past 3 weeks, because of one 
reason to the next, i could not check the hive, but i did have the chance 
to check the hive yesterday. I found a virgin queen, but i did not see 
ANY egg. My question is will the virgin (?) queen still has the chance to
mate this time of the year?? I have an extra queen, but if i don't need 
to use her, I won't.  I'm thinking about leaving her for another week 
before i get rid of her if she does not lay any egg by then.  Any 
suggestions? Thank you in advance..

Son Trinh
First season in bee-hobbying

---

From: [email-masked] (Adam Finkelstein)
Date: 24 Nov 1994 07:07:55 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>,
Her God Messenger <[email-masked]> wrote:
>accident occurred about 3 weeks ago.. For the past 3 weeks, because of one 

 Old beekeeper's adage:" Cut your losses in the Fall...make 'em up in the
Spring."

 Combine the hive with another using newspaper, that virgin is worthless
now...she'll never amount to anything worth saving.
 This Spring, you'll be able to make a new hive easily on the honeyflow.
Adam
-- 
 _________________________________________________________________________
  Adam Finkelstein    [email-masked] | (awaiting my muse...)
 ___________________________________________|_____________________________