Subject: Re: Beekeeping FAQs/HINTS fra Beenet.com

From: [email-masked] (Adam Finkelstein)
Date: 15 Jun 1995 18:41:48 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>,
Andy Nachbaur <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>  I have discontinued the file request part of the service to
>cut back on the costs of keeping bee's and a beekeeping bbs.<G> Someday
>I will put that back together when I figure out how to write the costs
>off on someone else.

Getting a nice big archive site set up where the files may be put and
people could retreive them if they wanted, and if Andy wanted, using WWW,
gopher, or ftp.

 I second Andy's thanks. I've learned _so_ much from the anecdotes of
others. 

Adam 
-- 
______________________________________
Adam Finkelstein 
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Andy Nachbaur)
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 1995 03:10:00 GMT

----------------------------------------
>From: "MORGAN, ANTHONY" <[email-masked]>
>Date:          Wed, 14 Jun 1995 11:09:23 GMT+0100
>Subject:       Beekeeping FAQs/HINTS fra Beenet.com

>Hei!
>have retrieved some info from beenet.com earlier but it seems
>to be out of service right now -- I have read somewhere that it
>is closed for repairs -- is this right?

Hello Tony,

  Not "out of service", just a little beat up right now.

>If so when do you think it will be on the air again?

  I have discontinued the file request part of the service to
cut back on the costs of keeping bee's and a beekeeping bbs.<G> Someday
I will put that back together when I figure out how to write the costs
off on someone else. Any commercial interest that would like to have
a $500 to $1000 (US) monthly write off to see their logo spread around
the world via the so called "internet highway" is welcome to contact me
for a go. My US friends in the bee industry are interested and do know
a lot of what is going on in the "internet bbs community", but are still
sitting on the hand that write's the checks as the bee business is not
that good right now. Which is cooperate BS for we know it is worthwhile
but how can we measure the pay back when any darn beekeepers can call in
and get something for nothing.

The "automated" e-mail response system is still intact, but it is
automated, and all us computer nut's know that means it will fail any
time, or at odd times. I did notice it may have lightened it's self of
file's it can send out and suspect that if these files are requested
that it ain't going to send them out and may send out some message that
the file or system is down.

I will be working the system over when I get the time and add back the
missing files which are mostly, I think the back issues of APIS
Newsletters.

Beekeeping looks very good here, but the weather is not co-operating
yet. It is normally summer with temps in the high 90's (F), but we
continue to get spring lows dropping down from the north and upper
level low pressure devils and today we did not reach 70 degrees. We
get about 5 days of normal warm weather and then in comes a low pressure
system.. The bee's would like to take it out on the beekeepers and
a suit of armor some day's would not save you a good stinging.

>A big thank you for what has been to now a fantastic service
>and thanks to you also for all your inputs to
>sci.agriculture.beekeeping.

It has been my own pleasure to be active in the beekeeping forums via
modem, and the internet. The real rewards have been seeing other
beekeeper's join in and share their own experiences. I know that there
are other's out there with the talent or the special gift of speaking
the international language of bee's who have been sitting on their hands
and some of what I say is to get them off their hands.. These internet
echoes are the one place that anyone who observes something in their
bee's can report it, and regardless of their position in the beekeeper
feeding chain will not be judged on any higher scale then what they
have to say that the lowest or new bee can understand.

TRANSLATION. One man looking at one bee hive, may see something that
one man with a degree, or one man with thousands of bee hives may have
not seen in his lifetime. And this is important to me as one who has
looked a thousands, and should be important to those who profess bee
knowledge via a higher education, special training, or government
responsibility.

Anyway here is the last list of files that can requested via internet
e-mail. The files mostly are lists of other files you can also request.
If any of these requests are not being met, a personal note to me will
get me off my hands and I will try to fix the problem. There are always
going to be some problems, as two beekeepers talking to each other can
always understand some part of the conversation, when two computers are
lost..     Andy-

          __________________________________________________________
         (//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////)
         (//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////)
         /~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\
        : WILD BEE'S BBS    Beekeeping Support BBS   209-826-8107    :
        : BEEKEEPING FAQ'S     Beekeeper's Helping Beekeepers        :
        :                                                            :
        : How to USE:                                                :
        :                                                            :
        : To receive a Beekeeping FAQ via E-MAIL, send a message to  :
        : to the FAQ name @beenet.com - For example, to get a copy   :
        : of this message, (WILDBEES.FAQ), send a internet E-MAIL    :
        : to: [email-masked] ..To get a copy of the INDEX   :
        : of APICULTURAL ISSUES AND ANSWERS newsletters (APINDEX)    :
        : you would send E-MAIL to: [email-masked].              :
        :                                                            :
        : Mail runs are 6am & 6pm, California time zone. The system  :
        : and nothing is required on the subject line or in the      :
        : message itself.                                            :
        :                                                            :
        : FAQ        (total FAQ's in system 150)       Last update   :
        : name          one per message                 * NEW        :
        :------------------------------------------------------------:
        : WILDBEES.FAQ   YOU ARE READING IT. Check it       6-08-95  :
        :                once a month for changes!                   :
        :                                                            :
        : YELLOW.PAG     Internet Addresses of Beekeeper's  5-08-95  :
        :                YELLOW PAGES, 30K, Stan G. Kain             :
        :                                                            :
        : HINT.IND       INDEX of 30 different Beekeeping            :
        :                topics. From Malcolm T. Sanford.            :
        :                                                            :
        : BMAIL495.TXT   B-MAIL Newsletter, Bee Research             :
        :                Association, England.                       :
        :                                                            :
        : BKEEPING.FAQ   HOW TO FIND IT ON THE INTERNET,    5-01-95  :
        :                Adam Finkelstein's Beekeeping FAQ           :
        :                                                            :
        : SUNSITE.FAQ    ARCHIVES of Internet Beekeeping    5-01-95  :
        :                news group and list mail, & more.           :
        :                                                            :
        : APINDEX        INDEX of Apricultural "Issues and           :
        :                Answers" APIS from Florida Extension        :
        :                                                            :
        : HEALING.BIB    HONEY & Healing, Bibliography      3-18-95  :
        :                                                            :
        : MEAD.FAQ       HOW TO find information on making           :
        :                HONEY MEAD. The drink of the God's!         :
        :                                                            :
        : WNHUB.LST      Wild Net hub list, Pick up the BEE-NET      :
        :                Conference from 1 of 700 bbs's in your area :
        :                                                            :
        : SADBEES        1990 Beekeepers Review of Conditon in       :
        :                his hives as he saw them. True Today?       :
        :                                                            :
        : ALL HINT's & APIS NEWSLETTERS courtesy of Malcolm T.       :
        : Sanford, Extension Service University of Florida.          :
        : BEENET.COM and the WILD BEE'S BBS (sm) are   *FREE*        :
        : Information Services for Beekeepers and Friends. SYSOP     :
        : [email-masked], dial up (209) 826-8107 28.8 bd,  :
        : 8N1, 24 hrs since 1990.                                    :
        :------------------------------------------------------------:
         \__________________________________________________________/