Subject: Bad Hair Day (fwd)

From: [email-masked] (Adam Finkelstein)
Date: 22 Jun 1995 02:30:52 GMT

From: "Patrick M O'Hearn" <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Bees and the third estate

Hello All,
   KENNEWICK, Wash. (AP) -- A TV reporter's hair gel apparently attracted a
swarm of bees that stung him more than 30 times Tuesday.
   KVEW reporter Mychal Limric, 24, was doing a story on the science of
beekeeping when bees from a hive about 50 feet away suddenly darted toward his
head, KVEW-TV News Director Tom Spencer said.
   Camerawoman Dao Vu and beekeeper Irv Pfeiffer tried to brush the bees off,
then Pfeiffer slammed a protective hood over Limric's head -- which also turned
out to contain bees, Spencer said.
   Limric took cover in a vehicle.
   He was treated at a hospital for more than 30 stings on the scalp and face,
Spencer said. Limric wasn't expected to have any lasting ill effects.
   Spencer said Limric's hair gel seemed the only logical catalyst for the
attack, since the stings were mostly on his scalp. Vu and Pfeiffer, who weren't
wearing any gel, were standing next to Limric but were not attacked. Spencer
wasn't able to say exactly what was in the gel.
   Kennewick is located about 180 miles southeast of Seattle.

Talk about your bad hair day.....

Patrick M. O'Hearn
Aztec, New Mexico

-- 
______________________________________
Adam Finkelstein 
[email-masked]