Subject: Re Double Brood

From: [email-masked] ("Norman Lunnun")
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 1994 21:58:32 GMT

John, I was taling to friend this summer about 2 queens to a hive.
1 brood box on the bottom and 1 on top with supers in between and  queen 
excluders the top one being under the brood chamber.
I understand that this creates a quite a hive wether it is practical I 
will no next season after I give it a try.
Norman. Uttoxeter

---

From: [email-masked] (Moore Chad)
Date: 21 Sep 1994 20:03:20 GMT

> will no next season after I give it a try.

Norman, I have used this method, although a little differently by putting 
on the bottom a box of brood, then a box of honey, then another box of 
brood, with empty supers above that.  While this is possible, and does 
create a powerhouse of a hive, it is impractical in the fact that there 
is only so much room.  It makes more sense to just make another hive and 
have to healthy normal hives than to make one single hive with two 
queens.  However, maybe you disagree, let me know.