Subject: Reversing..

From: [email-masked] (LA Kellogg lawrence a 2023833558)
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 1995 16:29:09 GMT

Hello, 
  I have a hive with two deeps on it and one shallow. I didn't harvest any 
honey from this hive so I left the shallow on all winter. Anyway, about 
a week ago, I reversed the hive...the bottom deep was empty and the cluster 
was in the top deep and part of the shallow. There were honey stores in the 
shallow.. so I put it like so...

                     Empty Deep
                     Shallow
                     Deep with brood...

  Now, I checked my bees this weekend and I found the queen wandering around on 
a frame of of capped honey in the shallow. So, I moved her onto an empty frame 
in the shallow and took the shallow and put it at the bottom of the hive with 
the deeps over it. Did I do the right thing? Should I have stuck her in the 
deep? Thereis plenty of room in thatdeep for her to lay...I figured she would
move up. What do you think?

   Regards,

    Larry Kellogg

-- 

-------------------------------------------------------------
          o