Subject: Re: post

From: [email-masked] (Adam Finkelstein)
Date: 10 Apr 1995 14:48:00 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>,
Robert  Inget <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Why don't my posts about mites stay on for more then a few hours?
>I don't really think you realize the gravitas of the problem. The world needs 
>bees to pollinate, or is that to simple.

 Hey. The length of time your post remains on the spool is only locally
controlled. I can re-read your post for up to 27 days here at vt.edu.
If your post seems to be "disappearing" it might just be that your
newsreader has "read" the post and it isn't showing it anymore.
Try to "unread" this group's post and see if your post is there.
Talk to your sysadmins people about your newsreading software.

I saw your post.
Adam
-- 
______________________________________
Adam Finkelstein 
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Gordon Scott)
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 1995 16:56:49 +0000

In article <[email-masked]>
           [email-masked] "Robert  Inget" writes:

> BerryBob

Hi,

I think it most likely that you have a local problem.  The time  a  post
stays  is  controlled  by  either  your  own  machine or by your service
provider.  You should probably look for  a  program  with  a  name  like
"expire"  on  your  own computer, and/or you should contact your service
provider and ask them.

-- 
Gordon Scott	[email-masked]		100332,3310 on CompuServe
Newsletter	[email-masked]	ditto
		Beekeeper, Kendo Sandan, sometime sailor.
		Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG22 5HP, UK

---

From: [email-masked] (Gerard Worrell)
Date: 11 Apr 1995 00:53:36 GMT

Robert  Inget ([email-masked]) wrote:
: Why don't my posts about mites stay on for more then a few hours?
: I don't really think you realize the gravitas of the problem. The world needs 
: bees to pollinate, or is that to simple.
: BerryBob
Bob,
I think you misunderstand the concept of a bulletin board! As soon as a 
post is read, it is deleted from your list. It may still be on the 
system, for others who haven't read it, for a couple of weeks to a month.
To keep it on your own system you have to mark it 'unread' or save it.
Just think what would happen if all messages stayed up for a month. Your 
sytem provider couldn't provide enough memory or you couldn't afford the 
service if he tried!

Jerry Worrell

---

From: [email-masked] (Robert Inget)
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 1995 08:13:19