Subject: Bees in my house

From: Jeff Brooks <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 1994 17:52:05 EDT

Hi.
 
A colony of honeybees just moved into my house last Tuesday (Sept 7).
Yes, I know that bees don't normally swarm this time of year, and no,
they haven't been there all summer, they really did just move in.
 
Can anyone here explain this?  And offer some inexpensive solutions
to the problem?  They've been getting into the house in _large_
numbers (100+ per day).  My three year old got badly stung sitting on
several.  Fortunately, he's not allergic, but he did get a couple of
very large welts (4+ inches in diameter).
 
It's really a crying shame to exterminate the hive, but they charge
$300 around here to capture them.  It's a healthy colony, too, and
here in WV we've lost thousands of hives to the mite this year.
What can we do?
 
Please respond to my email address; I don't follow your group.
 
bonni
involuntary beekeeper