Subject: Re: Recommendations for a beginner?

From: [email-masked] (Adam Finkelstein)
Date: 20 Dec 1994 18:45:41 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>,
Joanie McCully <[email-masked]> wrote:

>I would like a 
>suggestion as to which books to purchase and where in the Baltimore/DC/
>Maryland area to find equipment? Also, I'm in suburbia Silver Spring. 

 _The Beekeeper's Handbook_ Samataro and Avitable.
Out of print, although a new edition is due out in 1995. Your Library
should have it.
 Call your State Apiarst, Bart Smith, for recommendations on who to meet
with in your area for bee purchases and equipment.
Make sure any bees you buy are inspected. Otherwise, caveat emptor!
Bart or his crew will handle any inspection for you.
Please do not hesitate to ask questions!
Adam
-- 
____________________________________________________________________________ 
Adam Finkelstein                     Price Hall 
Entomology                   VA Tech, Blacksburg, VA  24001-0325 
[email-masked] ______________________________________________________