Subject: Bee Problems - How to Get Rid

From: [email-masked] (Craig D. Hanson)
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 1994 14:20:23 GMT

Hi, I,m not sure if this the the right group to post this, but I can't find a 
better news group. I'm sure someone out there has some suggestions.

A friend is having terrible problems with bees (actually wasps) in the house. 
I would like to find a way to get rid of them for her. She is allergic to 
bee stings. We have had the exterminator out a couple times, but the problem 
still persists.

The house is in Minnesota, so the outside temps are starting the drop below 
freezing. The wasps appear to be in wall cavity of the basement, but not 
sure exacty where. The walls are all paneled, so it is difficult to do any 
detective work. The problem as existed for the last couple months and we have 
killed a couple hundred already, but they still keep showing up. They seem to 
be pretty lazy and easy to swat. They also seem to be attracted to lights and 
are more active when the heat is turned up.

How do we go about getting rid of these bees so life can return to normal? Do 
we have to find the nest before getting rid of the problem or can they be 
sprayed or can they be enticed to leave the house. I normally like bees, but 
sharing a house is too much.

Thanks for any help.

Craig D. Hanson          Internet: [email-masked] 
Unisys                   CompuServe: 73760,2312
St. Paul, MN             Unisys: rs_epoxy/cdh1 (M.S. 4313)
                                 (612) 635-5542