Subject: Wanted - beeswax polish receipe

From: [email-masked] (Norman R. Paterson)
Date: 9 Jun 1995 10:19:30 GMT

I want to make some beeswax and turpentine furniture polish.

Anyone got a receipe?

-Norman

---

From: [email-masked] (EWhiteVHP)
Date: 9 Jun 1995 16:16:00 -0400

Beeswax furniture polish is nothing but beeswax dissolved in turpentine
(or turpentine substitute) to make it easier to apply.
Melt beeswax and stir in turpentine until the consistency suits you. You
can make liquid or paste. Both work well.

If that recipe is too vague for you, request "Super Formulas, Arts and
Crafts: How to make more than 360 useful products that contain beeswax and
honey" by Elaine C. White from your local library.

Elaine
or email me and I can send mail-order info (or order the book at
bookstores)

---

From: [email-masked] (EWhiteVHP)
Date: 19 Jun 1995 17:05:38 -0400

You said you couldn't find carnauba wax?
Brushy Mtn sells it as well as beeswax
1-800-BEESWAX
Elaine White

---

From: [email-masked] (EWhiteVHP)
Date: 30 Jun 1995 15:27:55 -0400

Nope venice turpentine is more like canadian balsam (also a resin).
Elaine

---

From: [email-masked] (Michael Moroney)
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 1995 21:18:57 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>,
[email-masked] (Norman R. Paterson) wrote:
> >I looked it up, it's wood rosin.

> Now, we know what colophony is...what is rosin?  Is it the same as resin?  That
> sticky aromatic stuff that oozes out of trees and fossilizes into amber?

It's the stuff that violinists rub on their bows, so it's available from
music stores (but probably rather expensive there)
The dictionary says it's the hard brittle residue left after turpentine is
distilled from pine resin.

(Since turpentine is being added (back) to the rosin, wonder if you could skip
the rosin and turpentine and start with raw pine resin)

-Mike