Subject: Re: What do I do about skunks?

From: [email-masked] (R John Northcote)
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 1994 01:11:53 GMT

Skunks will scratch at the entrance and eat the bees as they come
out to investigate. I have some bottom boards with 3/8 inch
scratches in them from the skunks. I have found a dead skunk in
one of my yards but otherwise know of two methods which  work.
The first is to have a landlord (eg farmer) who shoots them 
for me with asking - aim for the backbone/neck sho he doesn't
'fire'. THe other method is to inject a raw egg with cynaide
or arsenic and bury the egg in front of the hive (one inch or
so). You'll find the skunk nearby. Buying cyanide/arseic
is a sometimes a problem though - depends on the state/province
you live in.
-- 
R John Northcote
c/o National Capital Freenet

---

From: [email-masked] (R John Northcote)
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 1994 01:11:53 GMT