Subject: For your Information (long and loathsome)

From: [email-masked] (Adam Finkelstein)
Date: 5 Mar 1995 23:58:16 GMT

After an especially lousy afternoon I arrived home to check my mail and
received this:

Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
Subject: INTERNET.CDROM-[beekeeping-faq]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 1995 22:30:39 +0100 (MET)

Hallo,

I am preparing right now a CD-Rom, that will demonstrate the use
of the Internet to those, that are NOT familiar with on-line
services. But like it is, in demonstrations you have the connection
to the Internet, but if you want to give the audience something
to take home, you're lost !

That's why I'm creating that CD-Rom, it will present several services
and lots of information from the Internet directly from the CD-Rom
WITHOUT beeing connected.

While I was snooping through the net, I found you're "FAQ"

Archive-Name: beekeeping-faq
Last modified: 1995/02/20

and think it will be useful to be included into that CD-Rom
project.

I HEREBY LIKE TO ASK YOU IF YOU WOULD ALLOW ME TO INCLUDE
THAT "FAQ" INTO THE CD-ROM OR NOT !

         --------------------------------------------

Please take your time and fill that AUTHORIZATION FORMULA below,
and send it back to me (the best would be via air-mail paper-letter
and signed), but e-mail would do to. Please cut the FORMULA out and
send only that, I do not need the description of the project again,
because I wrote it ;o)

If you cannot live with that agreement, you're not sure where that
information in your file was coming from or you just don't want
to be included, please reply to this e-mail and add a big -NO!
to the end of the subject. Please do NOT send the complete file
back to me ! I already have it, and we all want to reduce the
load on the Internet ;o)

         --------------------------------------------

Sure, this CD-Rom is a commercial project, I'm not getting rich
with that, due of a very low selling price, but I DO make my
living with that.

Due of the tight price calculation (and the fee's that I have
to pay to some software distributors), it will not be possible
for me to pay you anything for the inclusion of that file, nor
will I be able to send you a free copy, when it will be finished
(production cost a lot too). Maybe I can calculate a even lower
special price for contributors, but I don't know so far.

         --------------------------------------------

If you want, you can send me a newer copy of that file, if there is one !

Or send me any pictures, movies, songs and sounds or any other
digital material that you want to include. Because I am going
to use a hyptertext-system to present the Internet, I can include
nearly everything. Please send any files via e-mail (binary
files "uuencoded", no splitting needed) and set the title of
the e-mail to something like that:

   <filename>-includes-<subfilename>-at-line-<linenumber>

where filename is the file of the requested file, subfilename
is the name of new file you're sending and linenumber is the line
in the requested file, where you want to include that new file, so f.e.

  FOOBAR.TXT-includes-MYFACE.JPG-at-line-122

Just be sure, YOU are the author of that file or have the copyright !
If you want to e-mail me about anything else or you have comments,
hints or whatever else, feel free to do that, but do it in an
extra mail. Thnx.

Thnx for your interest and I would be happy to include
your material, Phade

-----------------------------------------------------
PHADE Software, Leibnizstr. 30, 10625 Berlin, GERMANY
Inh. Frank Gadegast           Fon/Fax: +49 30 3128103

[email-masked]         http://www.contrib.de/~phade

==========================================================================
============== cut here cut here cut here cut here cut here ==============

AUTHORIZATION FORMULA
=====================

Name of the file :         ___________________________________________

Date of the file :         _________________

Name, First name :         ___________________________________________

Date of birth    :         ___________________________________________

Adress           :         ___________________________________________

Fon     : ___________________________  Fax  : ________________________

E-mail  : ___________________________  div. : ________________________

Comment : ____________________________________________________________

          ____________________________________________________________

I am the original author and I am authorized by all contributors of the
named file to sign this formula.

I hereby authorize Frank Gadegast to use, store, partly change, produce
and sell the named file and the accompanied information, pictures or
other digital material, on a CD-Rom without having to pay any kind
of fee.

This authorization will not be limited to a amount of sold CD-Roms.
Frank Gadegast has to store the used, named file and the accompanied
information, pictures or other digital stored material in a way, that the
owner of the copyright, i.e. the author, is still identify. The storage
of the used material will be as close as technicle possible to the way it
was stored, specified by the date of the file. If major changes of the
file are needed, the original copy of the file will be stored on the CD-Rom
too.

_____________________                ______________________________
 (date)     (town)                             (signature)

============== cut here cut here cut here cut here cut here ==============
==========================================================================

 Ack! Maybe this guy needs some experience with africanized bees?

:)
Adam
-- 
______________________________________
Adam Finkelstein 
[email-masked]