Subject: Purple loosestrife

From: [email-masked] (Andy Nachbaur)
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 1995 00:43:00 GMT

AGENCY:  Fish and Wildlife Service, Interior.

ACTION:  Notice of the Availability of an Environmental Assessment;
Request for Comments

SUMMARY:  The purpose of this Notice is to make available to the public an
environmental assessment regarding the release in the United States of
three nonindigeneous insects Galerucella calmariensis, Galerucella
pusilla, and Hylobius tansversovittatus. The purpose of the release is to
reduce and control Lythrum salicaria on Service-managed wetlands and to
assist the States to reduce and control purple loosestrife on non-Service
wetlands.  These insects are not native to North America.

DATES: Written comments on the Environmental Assessment should be received
on or before July 12, 1995

You may also obtain a copy by sending an email message to Meredith Cabillo
at [email-masked]. Please include your name and mailing
address in the message.

Dear Sir,

   Could you send me a copy of this EA on Purple Loosestrife to:

                A. J. Nachbaur
                1522 Paradise Lane
                Los Banos, CA 93635