Subject: How would I begin?

From: [email-masked] (Kandace Cave)
Date: 24 Mar 1995 13:47:46 -0600

My mother has a single bee box (hive?) on her property which my grandfather use
to keep before he died.  As far as I know the bees are still there, but no one
has cared for them in about 2-3 years now.  I am considering "taking over" the
job, but I know nothing about where to begin.  I am not really looking to do
this commercially, just to collect the honey for the family.  Can someone offer
some good advice about getting started?   Is this something that needs only
periodical upkeep, since the hive is far away and I might not be able to get
down there for weeks at a time?  Also how expensive would it be for just one
hive like that?

Thanks in advance,

Kandy

---

From: [email-masked] (Adam Finkelstein)
Date: 25 Mar 1995 03:57:55 GMT

Reading books about beekeeping helps.
I suggest: _The Beekeepers's Handbook_, Diana Sammataro and Alphonse
Avitable, New York, Macmillian, 1986 ISBN 0-02-081410-0.

Adam
-- 
______________________________________
Adam Finkelstein 
[email-masked]