Subject: Re: BEE POLLEN

From: [email-masked] (Adam Finkelstein)
Date: 24 Mar 1995 12:52:32 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>,
Ken Lebo <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>    I read an advertisement today in  Herbal Health Care, March 1995 issue,
>on the advantages of bee pollen in diet.  
>
 This has been an ongoing debate. Some claim Pollen to be "wonder food".
Others are cynical. So far, nobody has cited specific articles on the value
of pollen as a nutritional component.
Adam
-- 
______________________________________
Adam Finkelstein 
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Ken Lebo)
Date: 22 Mar 1995 10:34:57 -0500

I read an advertisement today in  Herbal Health Care, March 1995 issue,
on the advantages of bee pollen in diet.  The article says: "There are 22
basic elements in the human body - enzymes, hormones, vitamins, ammino acids
and others - which must be renewed by nutrient intake.  No food contains all
of them ... except Bee Pollen."  The article  goes on to say that bee pollen
has successfully been used to treat aging, digestive upsets, prostrate
diseases, etc. for years.  My question is; is there any validity in these
claims?  Anyone have any medical proof?

Thanks for listening.

Ken

---

From: [email-masked] (Adam Finkelstein)
Date: 28 Mar 1995 11:34:42 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>,
Jodelle Landers <[email-masked]> wrote:

 Quotes from highly illustrious people in the medical profession deleted.
>
>Just a few of a multitude of statements by doctors concerning the benefits
>of pollen.  Bee Smart,Jody
 
 If pollen is so wonderful for humans, why aren't beekeepers selling it
like crazy? Seems like a way to keep everybody happy, yes?

Adam

---

From: [email-masked] ( Jodelle Landers)
Date: 28 Mar 1995 07:40:27 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Ken

> claims?  Anyone have any medical proof?

Dr.  Carlton Fredericks:_Honeybee pollen is the only super perfect food on
this earth.  This has been proven so many times in the laboratories around
the world by a chemical analyst that it is not a subject to debate nor
challenge_.

Dr. Bernard Jensen:  _Much has been said about pollen helping glands in
the body.  All experiments on animals show that it prolongs life and helps
to keep glands in good order._

Dr. Sigmund Schmidt: _Eat pollen.  Pollen contains all the essential
elements, vitamins, and minerals, for healthy tissue and therefore could
be a preventative for disease._

Dr. Kilmer McCully, M.D., Professor of Pathology at Harvard Medical
School:_The three highest foods having the B^ Methionine ratio are bananas
with a ratio of 40, carrots with a ratio of 15, and onions with a ratio of
10.  Honeybee pollen has a ratio of 400 to 1._

---

From: [email-masked] (Hugo Thone)
Date: 28 Mar 1995 14:43:01 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] ( Jodelle Landers) writes:

>Dr.  Carlton Fredericks:_Honeybee pollen ......

>Dr. Bernard Jensen:  _Much has been said about pollen ....

>Dr. Sigmund Schmidt: _Eat pollen.  Pollen contains all ....

>School:_The three highest foods ......  Honeybee pollen has a ratio of 400 to 1._

>of pollen.  Bee Smart,Jody

Do those guys happen to be both doctor and beekeeper ?

	Cheers
		Hugo
-- 

Hugo Thone (SE121)                        email : [email-masked]
ALCATEL BELL TELEPHONE                    phone : (32) 3 240 94 52
F.Wellesplein 1                           fax   : (32) 3 240 99 50
B-2018 Antwerp

                           do bee do bee do ....

---

From: [email-masked] (Andy Nachbaur)
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 1995 14:21:00 GMT

----------------------------------------
From: "M.Westby (Max Westby)" <[email-masked]>
Date:         Tue, 21 Mar 1995 12:52:13 +0000
Subject:      Beekeeping & Development

I wonder how many of you people know about the quarterly journal called
Beekeeping and Development?  I have been subscribing to this for a couple
of years and find it very interesting, giving a totally different
perspective on beekeeping as a low tech sustainable activity for developing
countries.

The Journal is produced by Bees for Development which is a non-profit
making company.  It is sponsored in part by the UN FAO.  It depends on
subsciptions and donations for its survival and the production costs are
also supported by 'World Vision UK'.
The Editor is Dr Nicola Bradbear. Address: Bees For development, Troy,
Monmouth, NP5 4AB United Kingdom.  Her e-mail address is
[email-masked]. Fax +44 (0)1600 716167. Subscription rates are
GBP16.00 or USD35.00.  All income is used to provide information for
beekeepers in developing countries.  They have a very interesting booklist
and articles from recent issues deal with such things as low cost hive
design, queen rearing in top bar hives, the problems of misuse of
pesticides in developing countries and their impact on beekeeping etc.  I'm
sure many of you will be as interested in this very worthwhile project as I
am.

Cheers, Max

                                                  |||
                                                 (@ @)
---------------------------------------------ooOo-( )-oOoo-----
Max Westby
(Among other things a Sheffield Beekeeper)
South Yorkshire Beekeepers Association  BBKA apiary reg: JQ34
Phone (Home):          +44 (0)114 236 1038
Fax:                   +44 (0)114 276 6515
e-mail:                [email-masked]
World Wide Web Site:   http://www2.shef.ac.uk/default.html
---------------------------------------------------------------