Subject: does honey turn hair grey?

From: [email-masked] (Andy Nachbaur)
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 1995 16:10:00 GMT

[email-masked] (geeta Bharathan)refer#: None
 wrote:
>Newsgroups: sci.agriculture.beekeeping
>Subject: does honey turn hair grey?
>Date: 6 Feb 1995 02:25:44 GMT
>Organization: University of California, Davis
>
>This should be the group that can answer this question. The mythology in
>my husband's side of the family is that honey turns hair grey; I think it
>only makes it sticky. Does anyone here have a good answer (referenced, if
>possible)?
>I posted this question on sci.bionet, got two contradictory answers and
>one suggestion that I try this group.
>
>Geeta Bharathan
 |-------------------------------------|

   Hello Geeta,

      Naah, most of the old beekeepers I know, and some of the more
aggressive young ones have little hair at all. So if anything the stress
of beeing a beekeepers may result in the loss of hair, but the gray
seems to come on with the seasons and not the work.

      Though antidotal, if honey causes any change in the beekeeper
or loyal honey consumers metabolic behaviour it is a increase in the
libido or sex drive. A unsophisticated scientific study yet to be
published will show that there is a natural inert ingredient in Honey
that increases the sexual energy in adults, and recommendations should
be added to the federal nutritional statements on the label that the use
of "honey should be limited in use by adults to one pound per person per
week". Federal law prohibits me from going into greater detail on the
recommendations because it is a human health issue, but I will say
Honey's use internally is well documented and the external use is still
in the experiential stages. We do recommend the Honey Hair conditioners
alone with the normal internal ingestion on a daily basis. If
consumption is more then 16 ounces per week, internally, caution should
be used in advanced social behaviour and interactions to prevent
unwanted circumstances of such behaviour and all the normal precautions
should be used in adult relations.

Some honey has to have more of these inert ingredients then others, but
because of the high cost of doing this kind of research and a limited
budget due to hard times only one brand was tested, SUE BEE Clover
Honey, and Aunt Sue's Natural brands.

      Due to the limited supply of honey world wide it behoves us all
to keep this information confidential within the industry as roomers
could start a run on honey depleting the supply for people who really
are in need of it. Through the cooperation of the California Department
of Health, much has been done to reduce the amount of honey fed infants,
increasing the supply for people on the down side of life's scale.

      We are still looking for volunteer field testers, and anyone who
has consumed at least a pound of honey a week for one year of any variety
will be considered as a test subject for an additional years study. But
again to limitations on budgets and the limited supply of Honey, testers
will have to supply their own honey and write their own reports.

   ______________________
  (//////////////////////)
  (//////////////////////)      Andy- Field Research Department
  /~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\        Wild Bee's BBS 209-826-8107
 |     Wild Flower!       |        "We eat what we produce."
 |                        |
 |  _   _          \    / |
 | | |_| | __      _ \/   |  (c)permission to reproduce, granted.
 | | |-| |:  :|\ |:_ ::   |  Written opinions are not necessarily fact.
 | |_| |_|:__:| \|:_ ||   |  Check your facts before expressing opinion.
 |                        |
 |  Product of USA..16oz  |
 |________________________|