Subject: Farmer's Market Online (tm) Vol 1 #1

From: [email-masked] (Andy Nachbaur)
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 1995 15:46:00 GMT

*FYI* Ok, honey producer's let's see some honey for sale in this
news letter I found. Use at own risk, don't know anymore about this
then what is posted here.
                             ttul Andy-

From: [email-masked] (MarketFarm)
Subject: Farmer's Market Online (tm) Vol 1 #1

FARMER'S
MARKET
ONLINE
Vol 1, Number 1, June 19, 1995
+++++++++++++
Copyright (c) 1995  Outrider News Service
"All Rights Reserved"

        Greetings! Welcome to the alt.agriculture.fruit edition of
Farmer's Market Online (tm), your weekly guide to marketing farm-direct
fresh produce, specialty foods, crafts, livestock and pets around the
world. On the following pages you will find:
        Farm Produce (4 booths)
        Specialty Foods (1 booth)
        Shopping Lists (1 list)
        Bulletin Board
        * Farmer-Based Marketing
        * Sustainable Ag Conference
        * Tracking Shipments on WWW
        * Book Review: County Fair Cookbook

        Born out of an appreciation for rural lifestyles, a love for fresh
produce and fine foods, and a desire to strengthen and preserve
agriculture-based economies, this newsletter is a product of Outrider
News Service, an independent business based in Shoshone, Idaho.

        Our bias in these pages is in favor of the small-scale,
sustainable farming operation, full-time or part-time, hobby or
professional. It is our belief that access to the Internet will make
small farms more viable by opening up new market opportunities on a
global scale.

        Farmer's Market Online (tm) has been designed to provide an
inexpensive platform upon which farmers and consumers from
throughout the world can meet and negotiate farm-direct sales, trades
and barters. Each weekly issue reports on farm products, identifies food
sources, and posts consumers' shopping lists in E-mail, FAX and print
editions.

        Set up much like an open-air market, this "virtual" farmer's
market has individual "Booths" where sources for fresh fruits and
vegetables, herbs, meats, flowers, seeds, craft items, pets and
livestock, and other items are displayed for sale, trade or barter.

        There's also a "Bulletin Board" with news about farming and
marketing farm products, profiles of farmers and artisans, and a
"Shopping Lists" posting space where shoppers can identify products
they are trying to find..

        We hope that readers (who do not have to be subscribers) will find
FARMER'S MARKET ONLINE (tm) a valuable resource for locating farm-
direct sources of produce, meats, crafts, animals and specialty products.
Those with computers and modems will be able to contact producers by
e-mail or their Web addresses for more information or place an order for a
product online. Those who don't have computers, or who prefer more
traditional avenues of trade, can phone, fax or write to the producer to
arrange a purchase, trade or barter.

        Please feel free to comment on any booth. While we do not screen
products, we will remove those that are clearly fraudulent and will report
any complaints to the producer. We also welcome news items,
announcements, calendar items and opinions relating to farmer's markets,
farming, food, cooking, and the marketing of farm products on our Bulletin
Board. Send all E-mail correspondence to [email-masked], faxes to
(208) 886-7602, or S-mail to Box 277, Shoshone, ID 83352-0277.

+++++
THE BOOTHS
+++++

NOTICE: Farmer's Market Online (tm) is a news and information service,
not a sales agent or middleman. Booth listings are edited for style and
length, but otherwise all transactions are the sole business of the buyer
and seller, or traders. No warranty is made on the products listed.

Farm Produce

MAPLE SYRUP. Pure. $5.50 pint, $10 qt, $18.50 1/2 gal, $33 gal. + $5
UPS  to cont. U.S. Contact: Maplewood Farm. E-mail: [email-masked].
Phone: 800/344-1709 or 419/892-2598. Mail: 3160 Rider Rd, Lucas OH
44843.

SEEDS, SPROUTING. Certified organic. 25 varieties. "Mumm's Grow-at-
Home Sprouts." 100g(3.5oz)  pkgs. and up. Contact: Jim/Maggie Mumm.
E-mail: [email-masked]. Mail: Hazelridge Farm, Bx 268,
Shellbrook, SK, Canada, S0J 2EO. PH (306) 747-2935; FX (306) 747 3618.

TREES, Seedlings. Forestry, conservation or Christmas trees. Many
varieties, Northern-grown. Shipping available. Contact: Forest of the
Future -- Lawrence Mountain Nurse

---

From: [email-masked] (Andy Nachbaur)
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 1995 13:35:00 GMT

*FYI* CORRECTION TO "FARMER'S MARKET ONLINE"

From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 1995 03:11:54 -0400
Subject: Re: Farmer's Market Online (tm) Vol 1 #1

In a message dated 95-06-20 20:14:36 EDT, you write:

Hi Andy. Vol 1 #1 follows. Where did you find the copy that was cut off
short? I'll try to correct that. Thanks.

Michael Hofferber

FARMER'S
MARKET
ONLINE

        Greetings! Welcome to the first issue of Farmer's Market
Online (tm), your weekly guide to farm-direct fresh produce,
specialty foods, crafts, livestock and pets from around the world.
On the following pages you will find:
        Farm Produce (4 booths)
        Specialty Foods (1 booth)
        Crafts (2 booths)
        Livestock (2 booths)
        Shopping Lists (1 list)
        Bulletin Board
        * Electronic Distribution of Farmer's Market Online(tm)
        * Market Data
        * Farmer-Based Marketing
        * Blight Warning
        * Sustainable Ag Conference
        * Shiitake Demand Mushrooms
        * Tracking Shipments on WWW
        * Book Review: County Fair Cookbook
        Subscription Form
        Booth Reservation Form

        Born out of an appreciation for rural lifestyles, a love for fresh
produce and fine foods, and a desire to strengthen and preserve
agriculture-based economies, this newsletter is a product of
Outrider News Service, an independent business based in
Shoshone, Idaho.
        Our bias in these pages is in favor of the small-scale,
sustainable farming operation, full-time or part-time, hobby or
professional. It is our belief that access to the Internet will make
small farms more viable by opening up new market opportunities
on a global scale.
        Farmer's Market Online (tm) has been designed to provide an
inexpensive platform upon which farmers and consumers from
throughout the world can meet and negotiate farm-direct sales,
trades and barters. Each weekly issue reports on farm products,
identifies food sources, and posts consumers' shopping lists in E-
mail, FAX and print editions.
        Set up much like an open-air market, this "virtual" farmer's
market has individual "Booths" where sources for fresh fruits and
vegetables, herbs, meats, flowers, seeds, craft items, pets and
livestock, and other items are displayed for sale, trade or barter.
        There's also a "Bulletin Board" with news about farming and
marketing farm products, profiles of farmers and artisans, and a
"Shopping Lists" posting space where shoppers can identify
products they are trying to find.
        FARMER'S MARKET ONLINE (tm) is being distributed on
World Wide Web, e-mail, BBSs, online forums and newsgroups as
well as by fax and surface mail. Subscribers and readers do not
have to own a computer or have access to the Internet or e-mail in
order to list their products or read the publication, although the cost
is higher to receive fax or paper copies.
        Weekly delivery of FARMER'S MARKET ONLINE (tm) to an e-
mail address costs $25 (US) and includes one booth space
reserved for 50 weeks. (Additional booth spaces are $25 each per
year.)
        A Fax edition of FARMER'S MARKET ONLINE (tm) is available
weekly at a subscription cost of $25 for 16 weeks, $75 for 50
weeks. Print versions are available at a price of $25 for 10 weeks
and $125 per year. Write to [email-masked] or Box 277,
Shoshone, ID 83352 for further information.
        We hope that readers (who do not have to be subscribers)
will find FARMER'S MARKET ONLINE (tm) a valuable resource for
locating farm-direct sources of produce, meats, crafts, animals and
specialty products. Those with computers and modems will be
able to contact producers by e-mail or their Web addresses for
more information or place an order for a product online. Those who
don't have computers, or who prefer more traditional avenues of
trade, can phone, fax or write to the producer to arrange a
purchase, trade or barter.
        Please feel free to comment on any booth. While we do not
screen products, we will remove those that are clearly fraudulent
and will report any complaints to the producer. We also welcome
news items, announcements, calendar items and opinions relating
to farmer's markets, farming, food, cooking, and the marketing of
farm products on our Bulletin Board. Send all E-mail
correspondence to [email-masked], faxes to (208) 886-7602,
or S-mail to Box 277, Shoshone, ID 83352-0277.

+++++
THE BOOTHS
+++++

NOTICE: Farmer's Market Online (tm) is a news and information
service, not a sales agent or middleman. Booth listings are edited
for style and length, but otherwise all transactions are the sole
business of the buyer and seller, or traders. No warranty is made
on the products listed.

Farm Produce

MAPLE SYRUP. Pure. $5.50 pint, $10 qt, $18.50 1/2 gal, $33 gal. +
$5 UPS  to cont. U.S. Contact: Maplewood Farm. E-mail:
[email-masked]. Phone: 800/344-1709 or 419/892-2598. Mail:
3160 Rider Rd, Lucas OH 44843.

SEEDS, SPROUTING. Certified organic. 25 varieties. "Mumm's
Grow-at-Home Sprouts." 100g(3.5oz)  pkgs. and up. Contact:
Jim/Maggie Mumm. E-mail: [email-masked]. Mail:
Hazelridge Farm, Bx 268, Shellbrook, SK, Canada, S0J 2EO. PH
(306) 747-2935; FX (306) 747 3618.

TREES, Seedlings. Forestry, conservation or Christmas trees. Many
varieties, Northern-grown. Shipping available. Contact: Forest of the
Future -- Lawrence Mountain Nursery, Box 185, E. Ridge Rd., Mars
Hill, ME 04758. PH: 800-439-9786. E-mail: [email-masked].

WOOD, River Bottom Wood for Crafts, Trinity River Bottoms, N.
Central Texas, 2 sq ft box w/ 3 decorative pieces, $19.50+$5.25
via UPS shipping. Contact: Jim Reed. E-Mail: [email-masked].
Fax: (903) 872-7477. Mail: J.Reed Estate, 610 W. 7th Ave.,
Corsicana, TX 75110.

Specialty Foods

OYSTER MUSHROOMS, Browns, Whites, Coral, etc. Bliss Valley
Foods. $2.75-4.75/lb. in 5x5lb bulk, 6xlb overwrapped or 15x6oz.
overwrapped pkgs. via United, Delta, Horizon, NW, SW airlines.
Contact: John C. Burk, Bx 103, Bliss, ID 83314. PH: 208-352-4349.
FX: 208-352-4271.

Crafts

JEWELRY, SILVER. Bucking Bronco earrings, pins. Moving Parts.
Earrings $34, $64.  Pins $36, $45. Priority Mail. Contact: Randy
Little. E-mail: [email-masked]. Fax: 601/325-0798. Mail:
Box 5294, Miss. State, MS 39762.

YARN, HAND-SPINNING FLEECES. 100% wool. Corriedale, Colored,
Polypay, Dorsett. Fleece $6.50/lb; yarn $5.50/4oz. skein in
various weights, varieties. Contact: Beth and Winfield Henry,
Rising Meadow Farm. Phone/Fax: 910-622-2842. E-mail:
73524,[email-masked]

Livestock

CATTLE, Murray Grey. Lindale Murray Grey Cattle. Specializing in
heifer bulls. Delivery arrangements available. Contact: Linda
Jensen, Box 4, Glenns Ferry, ID 83623. PH 208-366-2670.

EMUS and Rheas. Singles, mature pairs, chicks, eggs. Prices
competitive. Delivery by arrangement. Contact: R&R Genetics.
EMail: [email-masked]. PH/FX: 913-889-4495.

+++++++
SHOPPING LISTS
+++++++
(This space is available to shoppers seeking a specific item or
items. Up to six items can be listed. Request Shopping List form
>from  [email-masked] or submit pertinent information.)

DONG QUAI SEEDS. Angelica species. Contact: Irwin Weintraub,
Bx 1029, Piscataway, NJ 08855 E-mail:
[email-masked]. Fax (908) 445-3208; phone (908)
445-3526.

+++++++++
BULLETIN BOARD
+++++++++

ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTION OF FARMER'S MARKET ONLINE (tm)
        Various versions of Farmer's Market Online (tm) are
distributed to the following locations on the Internet. Each version
is edited to match interests and requirements of host locations. A
full-content edition is reserved for those receiving via personal E-
mail, fax or postal mail.
        WORLD WIDE WEB:
"http://www.infohaus.fv.com/access/by-
seller/Farmers_Market_Online_tm"
        NEWSGROUPS:
alt.agriculture.fruit
alt.agriculture.misc
alt.creative-cooking
alt.sustainable.agriculture
rec.crafts.misc
rec.food.cooking
        MAILING LISTS:
        BEEF-L (Send "SUBSCRIBE BEEF-L"  command to

(Continued to next message)

---

From: [email-masked] (Andy Nachbaur)
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 1995 13:35:00 GMT

(Continued from previous message)

[email-masked])
        CHEFS ( Send "subscribe chefs to [email-masked])
        DAIRY-L (Send "SUBSCRIBE  DAIRY-L" command to
[email-masked])
        MGARDEN (Send SUBSCRIBE MGARDEN firstname lastname
to [email-masked])

        FORUMS:
        The Cooking Club (AOL). Keyword: cooking. Go to Cooking
Library Center, then to Ascii Cooking Library.
        Cooks Online Forum (CS). Go to Food, then to Cooks Online
Forum, then Library, then New Uploads.
        The Exchange (AOL). Keyword: exchange. Go to Gardening
Message Center, then to Buy/Sell/Announce/Advertise.
        Handcrafts Forum (CS). Go to Crafts, then Handcrafts Forum,
then Library, then Business & Trades.

MARKET DATA: WHO'S OUT THERE
        According to the market analysts at Forrester Research, Inc.,
approximately 10 million computer users will be online by the end
of this year. That includes 7.2 million subscribers to Compuserve,
America Online, Prodigy and other proprietary services. The other
2.8 million will access Internet's World Wide Web.

CLIPPING: FARMER-BASED MARKETING
(From Farm Aid News, Vol 3, # 10, June 6, 1995. Produced by The
Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy (IATP) for FARM AID.
Editors: Gigi DiGiacomo and Harry Smith)
        Family farmers (been reaching) out to urban consumers for
generations  by selling vegetables, fruits and herbs through
roadstands, farmers  markets and Community Supported
Agriculture efforts. By selling directly to consumers, farmers are
able to provide  food at competitive, often less expensive, prices,
while covering their costs of production.
        Wendy Landa coordinates a direct marketing pork and
vegetable program for the Missouri Rural Crisis Center called
Patchwork Farms. Her organization recruited a local pork
processor, obtained certification from the USDA, developed a
USDA-approved product label, and established local markets for its
products.
        "If grain growers took the same approach that we did, they
could recuperate some of the profits they are currently losing at the
market by taking over the product development," Landa said.
        Family farmers need opportunities to directly supply
consumers with their best production at competitive prices.  The
federal government has made raw materials cheap for food
processors, now it's time to make the processing affordable to
family farmers who are working to build strong rural economies.

BLIGHT WARNING!
        Plant pathologists at Cornell University warn farmers to watch
for blight in potatoes and tomatoes. Farms in New York were hit
hard last year. Watch for irregular or circular lesions on foliage or
stems. Young lesions may appear water-soaked. Older lesions can
be surrounded by a halo of collapsed tissue that is yellow or
brown. "The most effective strategy for managing late blight is to
avoid sources of spores," says pathologist Diane Karasevic.  "Do
not save potato seed from last year; use only health-certified potato
seed." Karasevicz suggests scouting gardens at least weekly,
searching for signs of late blight. If a plant becomes infected, the
infected parts must be destroyed to prevent further disease
development. Other methods for staving off blight: avoid wet
leaves by watering ground instead of foliage, maintain good air
circulation with vigilant weeding.

CALENDAR: SUSTAINABLE AG CONFERENCE JULY 21-28
        The Latin American Conference on Sustainable Agriculture is
set for July 21-28 in Coro, Falcon State, Venezuela. Key topics of
discussion include ecological management of pests, certification
and commercialization of organic production, green fertilizers and
cultivation practices, biodiversity and food security, new
agricultural extension models, and the preservation of water
basins.  Simultaneous translation will be available and field trips to
area farms have been planned for participants.   The meeting will
also serve as the third Assembly of the Latin American
Agroecological Movement (MAELA.)
        The cost of the full conference is US$85.00 or US$60.00 for
the workshops only.  It is open to all who wish to attend. Contact
IPIAT at Apartado Postal IPIAT, 84. Merida, Venezuela; Email:
[email-masked]; Fax: + (68) 520761; (68) 513527; (68)
510834; (68) 528423 or (74) 523779.

SHIITAKE DEMAND MUSHROOMS
        The demand for Shiitake mushrooms in Wisconsin is
"insatiable," the Wisconsin State Journal reports. Sales of the
specialty fungi have grown out of the gourmet niche and into
shoppers' grocery carts at $10-12 a pound, supplementing the
incomes of the state's farmers.
        "We can't keep up," Jamie Ramsay of Indian Farm Mushrooms
told the newspaper. His 500-pounds-a-week supply isn't enough to
keep up with consumer demand at the Madison Farmer's Market.
        Originally grown on the "shii" tree in Japan, Shiitakes have a
hearty, woodsy flavor that's exceptional for grilling, salads and
sauces. The mushrooms vary in size from 2 to 7 inches in
diameter.
        Shiitake production in the U.S. doubled in the past year to
5.56 million pounds, according to the USDA. California and
Pennsylvania growers dominate the industry.  The mushrooms are
grown on oak logs or organic blocks innoculated with spores in a
controlled climate of 77 degrees Fahrenheit and 98 percent
humidity for eight weeks.
        At Indian Farm Mushrooms the Shiitakes sprout from blocks
of sawdust, wheat bran and millet in an old dairy barn. A feed
mixer is used to prepare the mushroom medium, which is then
sterilized in an autoclave.
The farm expects to do $150,00 in sales in 1996.
        Old barns throughout Wisconsin are being pressed back into
use as mushroom incubators, according to the report. The state
has 20 commercial growers and the Shiitake Growers Association
of Wisconsin has more than 300 members

TRACKING SHIPMENTS BY WWW
        Both Unitad Parcel Service (UPS) and Federal Express now
have package tracking service available on the Internet for both
shippers and recipients. You'll also find detailed information on
rates, packaging, billing, and delivery confirmation. The following
World Wide Web addresses lead to their tracking pages:
        FedEx -- "http://www.fedex.com/cgi-bin/track_it"
        UPS -- "http://www.ups.com/tracking/tracking.html"

TATER PIGS AND OTHER FAIR FOOD
Book Review: The County Fair Coookbook
        (Published by Hyperion, "The County Fair Cookbook" is
available for $27.95 at most bookstores, or by special order. To
contact the publisher or the authors, write: Hyperion, 114 Fifth
Ave., New York, NY 10011.)
        At the Calcasieu-Cameron Fair in Sulphur, Louisiana, they eat
catfish courtbouillon.
        Barbecued chicken is a favorite dish at the Rockingham
County Fair in Harrisonburg, Virginia.
        At the Twin Falls County Fair in southern Idaho mouths water
in anticipation for Tater Pigs.
        "Each county fair is unique, a community celebration with its
own distinct local essence," write authors Lyn Stallworth and Rod
Kennedy, Jr., in the introduction to their new cookbook, "The
County Fair Cookbook," published by Hyperion.
        While the fast food restaurant menus and Interstate highways
may look the same across the country, the food items found in the
most popular county fair food booths are refreshingly indigenous.
        There's Yankee Johnnycake at the Plymouth State Fair in New
Hampshire, for instance, and Ruritan Chicken at the Canfield Fair in
Ohio. At the Kent County Fair in Maryland they sell crab cakes and
at the Evergreen State Fair in Monroe, Wash., the Snoqualmie
Tribe's smoke-barbecued salmon is served in a cedar longhouse.
        Stallworth and Kennedy collected more than 200 "down-
home" recipes from food booths, exhibit barns and blue ribbon
prize-winners across the country and compiled them in their
cookbook along with descriptions of nearly 100 county fairs.
        The Twin Falls County Fair began as a harvest festival in 1916
and has evolved into a six-day event with three days of rodeo.
Tater Pigs were introduced in 1975 by the Twin Falls Magichords,
a barbershop quartet singing group. The recipe goes as follows:

TATER PIGS

4 Idaho russet potatoes, 1/2 lb. each
4 frozen pork link sausages

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Scrub the potatoes well. Make a hole
through each one just large enough to hold a sausage. Insert a
frozen sausage in each. Bake for 1 hour or until the potatoes and
sausages are cooked through. Serves four.

        Baking the potatoes with the sausages inside flavors the
spuds and makes them especially appetizing, according to Blaine
Williams, president of the Magichords group. Serving Tater Pigs
with liberal amounts of butter, sour scream, hot cheese, salt and
pepper makes them even better.
        Proceeds from the Tater Pigs booth help finance the
Magichords' expenses and are contributed to the group's major
benevolent program, the national Institute of Logopedics in
Wichita, Kan., which helps people with severe speech handicaps.
        Pigs are also popular at the Tillamook County Fair in Oregon,
which hosts the world's only Pig-N-Ford races. The racers, many of
them young Tillamook County dairymen, pull squealing and
squirming 40-pound pigs out of a pen, tuck them under one arm,
crank up their Model-T Fords, and drive around a half-mile track.
Then they change pigs and do the same thing two more times.
        Inspired by some loose pigs on the Old Miami River Road in
1925, the Pig-N-Ford races are now a three-day attraction at the fair,
culminating in a World Championship.
        Mildred Davy, who has been broadcasting her "Woman's
World" program on KTIL radio since 1963, contributed the
following Tillamook cheese recipe to "The County Fair Cookbook":

CHEDDAR CHEESE PUFFS WITH A SURPRISE

2 cups grated sharp Tillamook cheese, or other cheddar
8 T (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
1 cup sifted flour
1/2 t salt
1/2 t paprika
48 small green stuffed olives, well drained

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Blend the grated cheese and butter.
Stir in the flour, salt and paprika. (This can all be done with a food
processor with the metal blade.) Mold one teaspon of the mixture
around each olive. Chill the puffs until firm, about 30 minutes.
Arrange the puffs on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 15
minutes or until browned. Makes 48 puffs.

---

From: [email-masked] (Andy Nachbaur)
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 1995 13:35:00 GMT

Pigs are also a source of entertainment at the Tulelake-Butte
Valley Fair in Tulelake, Calif. For the annual Greased Pig Contest
the spectators form a human wall around the playing field.
        "The kids are divided into weight groups, the pigs are
greased with lard, and as pigs and kids dart around the field, it's up
to the 'wall' to keep the pigs from escaping," according to Stallworth
and Kennedy.
        Mary Victorine is descendant of one of the 60 Czech families
that colonized the town of Malin on the shores of Tule Lake in
1909. The town of Malin in Czechosolvakia was said to grow the
best horseradish in Europe and the colonists brought the rootstock
of those plants with them when they immigrated.
        "Today we raise about one-quarter of all the horseradish in the
country right here," Victorine told the cookbook authors. She
offered the following roast pork recipe as one "almost-entirely-
homegrown" in Malin.
        "We like it with a side dish of sauerkraut, browned in the
roasting pan after the fat is removed," she said. "To spice it up,
serve it with a mixture of three-quarters mustard, one-quarter
horseradish."

ROAST PORK WITH CARAWAY SEEDS

1 clove garlic
1 4-lb. pork loin or shoulder roast
Salt to taste
1 T caraway seeds
1/2 cup water
1 medium onion, cut into quarters

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cut thin slices of garlic and insert
them into little cuts in the meat. Salt it lightly, press on the caraway
seeds and place the roast, fat side up, in a roasting pan with the
water and onion. Roast for 1 3/4 to 2 hours, or until the meat
reaches 160 degrees on an instant-read thermometer. Let rests 15-
20 minutes for easy carving. Serves 4 to 6.

        In Grandview, Wash., the Yakima Valley Junior Fair is held for
four days in mid-August and is run by 4-H and FFA members.
Located in "The Fruit Bowl of the Nation" and surrounded by
orchards, the fair naturally features many apple-based cooking
contests.
        Denise Dykstra, a 4-H member, won a blue ribbon for the
following dessert at the Junior Fair in a competition sponsored by
the Washington Apple Commission.

GRANDMA DYKSTRA'S APPLE CAKE

2 eggs
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 t vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
2 cups peeled, sliced Washington apples
3/4 cup chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, beat the
eggs. Add the sugar, oil and vanilla. Mix well. Add 1 cup of the
flour, the baking soda and salt and beat for 1 minute. Beat in the
remaining flour, then fold in the apples and walnuts. Spread the
batter in a greased 9x11x2-inch baking pan. Bake for 35 minutes,
or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out
clean. Cool on a rack. Makes 1 cake.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
SUBSCRIPTIONS AND BOOTH RESERVATIONS:
 FARMER'S MARKET ONLINE (tm)
Category (check one)
___ E-Mail. $25 for 50 weeks.
___ Fax. $25 for 16 weeks.
___ Fax. $75 for 50 weeks.
___ Mail. $25 for 10 weeks.
___ Mail. $125 for 50 weeks.
___ Booth Reservation. $25 for one year. (1 booth free w/
subscription)

Send issues to:
______________________________________________

Amount enclosed: _________

Send check or money order. Include fax number for Fax Edition, or
postal address for Print Edition. Checks should be made out to:
OUTRIDER NEWS SERVICE -- FMO

Mail to: Outrider, Box 277, Shoshone, ID 83352.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
BOOTH RESERVATION: FARMER'S MARKET ONLINE
Category (check one)
___Farm Produce         ___ Specialty Food      ___ Crafts
___Pets         ___ Livestock
Product __________________
Variety  _________________________________
Trade Name ________________________________
Quantity _________________________________
Asking Price Range or Value (including S&H)
_______________________________________
Contact __________________________________
Contact Address  ___________________________
Contact Phone or Fax __________________________

++++++++++++
Michael Hofferber, Publisher
FARMER'S MARKET ONLINE
Box 277
Shoshone, ID 83352-0277
fax (208) 886-7602
e-mail [email-masked]
++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++