Subject: Compiling List of Eastern Pollination Beekeepers

From: [email-masked] (Pollinator)
Date: 18 Dec 1994 14:05:23 -0500

Fruit and vegetable growers are becoming aware of the loss of
pollinators and are seeking connections to beekeepers who provide
pollination service. West coast delivery systems are well established,
with a number of brokers, newsletters, strength inspections, etc.  On the
east coast pollination is less understood and less organized; and some
areas are short of pollination.

  We are compiling a list of beekeepers who do contract pollination, or
who wish to do so, in eastern North America.  This list we hope to publish
in the March issue of  Eastern Pollinator Newsletter. It will also be
available by e-mail upon request in early March.  

Notice:
   Eastern beekeepers who provide, or would like to provide, pollination
service are entitled to a free listing in the March issue of Eastern
Pollinator Newsletter. Needed are name, address, telephone, number of
hives made available, crops you wish to pollinate, and areas where you can
work. If you are migratory,  indicate other areas and crops you can work,
as well.

  We are providing the list to growers, but will not make any
endorsements.  It is not required to suscribe to be listed, though there
will be helpful information for beekeepers as well as growers.

   Eastern Pollinator Newsletter is a practical effort to help growers
with pollination management, to help protect our pollinators, and to make
connections between growers, pollination beekeepers, researchers,
extension personnel, and others involved in our fruit and vegetable
production systems. It will be published four times the first year (1995),
and if needed, oftener in future years. Subscriptions are $12/yr. It would
be helpful, if subscribers can indicate something of their own area of
work (or interest) in pollination.

Eastern Pollinator Newsletter, PO Box 1215, Hemingway, SC 29554
Dave Green, Editor
E-Mail:    [email-masked]