Subject: evicting bees?

From: [email-masked] (Matt A. Wood)
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 1994 14:58:20 GMT

I have some bees that have taken up residence in my house, and while
I'd rather not kill them, I really don't want them living under my
roof (one gets inside every couple of weeks).  Does anyone know
a local beekeeper that might like to come take them to a more loving
home?

Thanks for your help.

--
Matt A. Wood                            Assistant Professor 
[email-masked]                 Dept. of Physics and Space Sciences
(407) 768-8000 (x7207)                  Florida Institute of Technology
http://pss.fit.edu/wood.html            Melbourne, FL  32901-6988

---

From: [email-masked] (H. Harris Hickman)
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 1994 17:28:52 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Matt A.

> a local beekeeper that might like to come take them to a more loving

Matt

	In the Melbourne phone book there is a "Mac the Bee Man", listed under
BEEKEEPING.  Should do the trick.  By the way, I live on Edgewood, and I'm
thinking about bring some bees down from NC.  Would like to keep them in a
local orange grove.  Any suggestions?

Harris Hickman
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Adam Finkelstein)
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 1994 20:43:28 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>,
H. Harris Hickman <[email-masked]> wrote:

>By the way, I live on Edgewood, and I'm

 Hummm, I"d make sure you get in touch with the FL dept. of Agriculture,
Apiary Inspection before you move bees across state lines.
 It might be highly illegal to bring bees into FL now, I'm not up on the
latest laws, but choosing to ignore them is pretty anti-social and illegal!
:)
Adam 
-- 
============================================================================
 Adam Finkelstein   [email-masked]     [email-masked]     
===============================================   |Bees To Please|   =======

---

From: [email-masked] (Pollinator)
Date: 25 Sep 1994 21:52:02 -0400

In article <[email-masked]>,
[email-masked] (H. Harris Hickman) writes: considering moving
bees to Florida.
You can get a NC inspection certificate and get the bees into Florida, by
checking with FL state inspection. But, as of now, you can't get back into
NC (legally),  as it has had a quarantine for several years.