Subject: Tracheal Mite Samples

From: [email-masked] (Adam Finkelstein)
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 1994 20:23:46 GMT

Date:         Tue, 16 Aug 1994 11:04:23 -0400
From: Diana Sammataro <[email-masked]>
Subject:      Tracheal Mite Samples

To all bee/or bee mite researchers out there:

     I am currently screening tracheal mites from different countries and
     regions of the US to see if DNA patterns are different.

     I would be grateful if some other cooperators would send me samples
     of mites, or infested bees, from colonies that died of mites
     and from those still alive but infested.

     Alcohol samples of mites in the tubes or infested bees is fine, if
     the samples were previously frozen or collected within the past
     year. Bees left in alcohol too long are difficult to find mites.
     However, mite samples within the tubes can be over a year.
     Use 70% EtOH and label all samples
     In addition to A. woodi, A. externis and A. dorsalis would be greatly
     appreciated.

     Thank you for your help. If there are any questions, please write, call or
     email.

     Diana Sammataro
     Dept Entomology
     Ohio State University
     1735 Neil Ave
     Columbus OH 43210 1220

     Phone: 614 292 9089, Fax: 614 292 2180
     Email: [email-masked]

-- 
============================================================================
 Adam Finkelstein   [email-masked]     [email-masked]     
===============================================   |Bees To Please|   =======