Subject: beekeeping contacts in the UK

From: Oscar de Bruijn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 1995 14:39:33 +0100

Hi there,  

I am looking for beekeeping contacts (e.g., beekeeping organisations, 
beekeepers clubs) in Scotland (Fife) or in other parts of the UK.  I 
moved to Scotland from the Netherlands three years ago.  Before moving I 
sold the bees I was keeping in the Netherlands.  Now I want to start keeping 
bees in Scotland, but I am not familiar with beekeeping practices in 
Scotland. Therefore, I would much appreciate to hear from anybody who could
help me find information about beekeeping in Scotland.

Cheers, Oscar ([email-masked]).

---

From: [email-masked] (Norman R. Paterson)
Date: 9 Jun 1995 10:23:48 GMT

In article <Pine.SUN.3.91.950609141226.4061A-100000@psych>,
>Cheers, Oscar ([email-masked]).

Hello Oscar!

There are a couple of societies here.  The president of the Fife Beekeepers
Association is Bob Simpson, 17 Hill Crescent, Cupar, phone Cupar 655461.  He can
also tell you about the Scottish Beekeepers Association (or whatever it's
called).

I must admit I don't join the societies' activities to any extent.

-Norman, probably within foraging distance...