Subject: Extender Patties

From: [email-masked] (Gary Welzenbach)
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 1995 00:49:13 GMT

I have read a lot about extender patties recently and decided to try
using them. I mixed the ingrediants as recommended and placed the patties
on a couple of hives. That was about 5-6 weeks ago and the patties show 
no sign of being consumed. I live in Maryland and temperatures have only 
recently warmed up. Any ideas as to whats going on?
                               Gary

|He who rows the boat seldom has time to rock it.|

---

From: [email-masked] (Pollinator)
Date: 9 Apr 1995 23:51:43 -0400

Additional info is needed.  Are the patties directly above the cluster
of bees?  Are the hives up to strength or are they very weak?

Weak hives sometimes won't even take syrup.  I don't know the cause here;
I'm just tossing out some possibilities.

Dave Green
[email-masked]     PO Box 1`215, Hemingway, SC   29554

---

From: [email-masked] (LA Kellogg lawrence a 2023833558)
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 1995 13:59:06 GMT

>recently warmed up. Any ideas as to whats going on?
  I used extender patties earlier thir year...mid february and early march 
and found that the bees consumed them. I think there is too much pollen out 
there so the bees aren't interested in the substitute. 

        regards,

        Larry Kellogg