Subject: Re: amyl acetate

From: A. J. deLange <[email-masked]>
Date: 2 May 1995 11:48:43 GMT

In article <[email-masked]> Mike Quimby,
[email-masked] writes:
>Greetings!  I just wanted to double check and I don't have my bee book
>with me.....amyl acetate is the alarm pheremone for honeybees, correct? 
>If anyone knows of a good reference discussing this subject, would you
>please direct me to it?  Thanks in advace!!

Yes. "The Hive and the Honey Bee" has some info on this but I don't
remember it being too extensive.

AJ
[email-masked]

---

From: "C:WINSOCKKA9QSPOOLMAIL" <[email-masked]>
Date: 8 May 1995 21:26:57 +0100

For reliable information about honey bee pheromones try:
'Pheromones of social bees' by John Free (218pp, 1987).  Price 27 
pounds plus postage, available from IBRA, the International Bee 
Research Association, ([email-masked]). 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
-----
* Andrew Matheson    E.mail [email-masked]              *
----------------------------------------------------------------------