Subject: Re: Varoa Mite

From: [email-masked] (Gerard Worrell)
Date: 15 Feb 1995 23:47:39 GMT

ted wirch ([email-masked]) wrote:
: Does anybody have an opinion on using the Apistan Strips for Varoa Mite? 
: Questions like do you leave them in while you are collecting honey in your 
: supers? Do you remove the strips after 45 days? Do you leave them in for a 
: year?

Like any good professional, you will follow the label directions which 
says to remove from the hive after 45 days. Only exception I would 
recommend is if you cannot get to the hives due to bad weather. Under any 
circumstances, they must be removed prior to putting supers on the hive. 
We must maintain honey as a clean natural food free of all pesticide 
residues. Help maintain the reputation of this valuable commodity!

Jerry Worrell,
18 yr beekeeper, MD

---

From: [email-masked] (ted wirch)
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 1995 22:41:33 UNDEFINED

Does anybody have an opinion on using the Apistan Strips for Varoa Mite? 
Questions like do you leave them in while you are collecting honey in your 
supers? Do you remove the strips after 45 days? Do you leave them in for a 
year?

---

From: [email-masked] (Pollinator)
Date: 15 Feb 1995 22:19:27 -0500

From: [email-masked] (ted wirch)

supers? 
   Of course not!  It is required by law to read and follow label
directions.  Remember this is a pesticide and NOT following directions is
pesticide MISuse. The directions specifically say not to have strips in
while producing honey.  Not obeying could lead to honey contamination.
Honey has a good name for purity.  Let's keep it!

Also:
>Do you remove the strips after 45 days? Do you leave them in for a 
year?

   Ditto:  read and follow label directions!

[email-masked]                                           Dave Green
Eastern Pollinator Newsletter
PO Box 1215, Hemingway, SC    29554