Subject: Beekeeping FAQ - help/advice for beginner

From: [email-masked] (Mike Griffith)
Date: 22 Aug 1994 21:09:54 GMT

Is there a FAQ on beekeeping yet?

I've become medically retired due to Multiple Sclerosis which has 
adversely effected my vision and ended my career in computers.  I
can see well enough for routine hive maintenance, I believe, although
some things like finding the queen will no doubt be quite a pain for
me, I expect. (I've spent a few days working with my brother while
visiting; he has 8 or 10 hives on his farm but he doesn't know what
he's doing very much with his bees yet and he lives several hundred
miles away).

I got interested in bees/beekeeping as a result of investigating
apitherapy (bee sting therapy) as a possible treatment for MS.  I've
pretty well decided that beekeeping would make a very interesting
hobby (I'm about to go nuts since I've had to quit work a few months
ago, as reading printed matter is often very difficult for me).

I was wondering if there is a FAQ on beekeeping that I could access
(I can read my enlarged screen/large text computer screen pretty well)
which would help me get started?

Best regards and thanks,

Mike 

-- 
Mike Griffith, Raleigh, NC          Email: [email-masked]