Subject: Free Book Offer

From: [email-masked] (Bryan Wallace)
Date: 11 Nov 1994 13:29:38 -0500

In an effort to communicate interesting arguments, I will send
a 311KB ASCII email copy of my current book to anyone who sends a
request to my below email address.  This book is my independent
work and not the opinions of the physics department.  Of the many
interesting comments on the book that I've received to date, John
Archibald Wheeler of Princeton University wrote:
  "A dynamic ether, a compressible fluid that could move at the
  speed of light." I am delighted you take such a deep interest in
  a subject so important.
Kurt Pagels of Germany wrote:
  The reading of this book was for me very interesting and very
  informative!  The factual material and the wealth of ideas is in
  your book in such a manner great, that a second and third reading
  is needed, therewith all arguments come to consciousness.
But the comment I liked the best came from Rudolf Nedved of
Czechoslovakia, who wrote:
  I have studied up the preprint of your book "The Farce of
  Physics" and an very surprised.  For me, it was better than a
  thrilling crime novel.
Steven L. Mitchell, the Editorial Director of Prometheus Books
wrote:
  Thank you for sharing with us your manuscript titled "The Farce
  of Physics." The idea of publishing an internal critique of the
  scientific mindset is most intriguing.  Naturally, it would run
  counter to many prevailing opinions and this could negatively
  effect the market.  Since the audience for your book would be the
  dedicated reader of science, the risks facing publication are
  considerable.
Mitchell wanted a substantial grant to assist publication and share
the risks, and I have found no other publisher willing to give me
better terms, so I have decided to distribute the book free on the
Internet.  If one prefers to obtain a copy by anonymous ftp, they
can get it from ftp.germany.eu.net in the directory
/pub/books/wallace, by using get farce.txt.

  Bryan G. Wallace
  [email-masked]