Subject: Non bee pollen

From: [email-masked]
Date: 30 Mar 95 08:58:51 -0500

HELP!!!!
I need pollen to feed a colony of predatory mites.  The problem
I have is that these mites will not accept bee-pollen.  I need it

from the plant directly.  Is there anyplace I can buy pollen from?
I can use as much as I can get.
Thank you for any help you can give me. This is urgent.
Lance Osborne 
University of Florida

---

From: [email-masked] (Andy Nachbaur)
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 1995 01:50:00 GMT

L<>From: [email-masked]
 <>HELP!!!!
 <>I need pollen to feed a colony of predatory mites.  The problem
 <>I have is that these mites will not accept bee-pollen.  I need it

L<>from the plant directly.  Is there anyplace I can buy pollen from?
 <>I can use as much as I can get.
 <>Thank you for any help you can give me. This is urgent.
 <>Lance Osborne
 <>University of Florida

Hello Lance,

Well this could be a problem as what pollen available may not be
such good food. Check out any date growers, and some palms produce
buckets in the tropics. But have no idea of the food value to your
pets. For bee's these pollen are of little or no value.

   I would look to yeasts for replacements for pollen in insect
diets, would seem that mites would be no different. The yeast are
not that expensive and available from many different sources.

                   ttul Andy-

---

From: [email-masked] (Andy Nachbaur)
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 1995 03:26:00 GMT

Hello Lance,

                   ttul Andy-