Subject: Renting bee hives in northern California

From: [email-masked] (Jesse Blount)
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 95 18:04:54 GMT

I live in northern California, near the city of Santa Cruz, and I have
an orchard of 18 apple trees that has suffered from lack of 
pollenation over the past several years.  I would like to be able to 
rent 3-5 bee hives for a month or so to see if this will improve my 
apple yield this year.

Can anyone tell me:
	1. Is this an appropriate news group in which to post this 
	   message?
	2. Are you aware of any people, businesses, etc. in this
	   part of California who could fill this request?

I can be reached by e-mail at "[email-masked]" but since your 
news group is not that large, I will also continue to monitor it for 
responses as well.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Jesse-

================================================================
Marketing Consultants, Ltd.          Telephone:   (408) 336-8000
277 Hillside Avenue                       Facsimile:   (408) 336-2016
Ben Lomond, CA                           E-mail: [email-masked]
95005                                             CompuServe:      73075,1411
================================================================

---

From: [email-masked] (Marjorie Rosen)
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 1995 07:09:15 GMT

Jesse Blount ([email-masked]) wrote:
: I live in northern California, near the city of Santa Cruz, and I have
: an orchard of 18 apple trees that has suffered from lack of 
: pollenation over the past several years.  I would like to be able to 
: rent 3-5 bee hives for a month or so to see if this will improve my 
: apple yield this year.

: Can anyone tell me:
: 	1. Is this an appropriate news group in which to post this 
: 	   message?
: 	2. Are you aware of any people, businesses, etc. in this
: 	   part of California who could fill this request?

: I can be reached by e-mail at "[email-masked]" but since your 
: news group is not that large, I will also continue to monitor it for 
: responses as well.

: Thanks in advance for your help.

: -Jesse-

: ================================================================
: Marketing Consultants, Ltd.          Telephone:   (408) 336-8000
: 277 Hillside Avenue                       Facsimile:   (408) 336-2016
: Ben Lomond, CA                           E-mail: [email-masked]
: 95005                                             CompuServe:      73075,1411
: ================================================================

Why not check the Yellow Pages and call several apiaries? I'll bet that 
you could make some kind of arrangement.

Let us know what happens.

Marjorie