Subject: Bait hive help needed

From: [email-masked] (Rick Guttery)
Date: 26 May 1995 16:31:43 GMT

Hello all, I have abait hive and need to get the pheremone lure for them. 
I have try the maker of one, but there 800 number is not in use and could 
not find a reg. phone number. Anyone know where I can get a lure at? Any 
help would 'bee' grateful.      Rick

---

From: [email-masked] (David J Trickett)
Date: 27 May 1995 09:25:31 GMT

Rick Guttery ([email-masked]) wrote:
: Hello all, I have abait hive and need to get the pheremone lure for them. 
: I have try the maker of one, but there 800 number is not in use and could 
: not find a reg. phone number. Anyone know where I can get a lure at? Any 
: help would 'bee' grateful.      Rick

Sure, Brushy Mountain has them.  They can be reached at 800/233-7929.

You can also get them from Dr Orely (spelling?) Taylor at the University 
of Kansas, in Lawrence, KA.  (Sorry, I don't have the number but you can 
get it via information at the appropriate area code.)  The proceeds from 
his sales fund a student apicultural program of some sort.

If you get the ones from Brushy Mountain, they are packaged in a tin foil 
wrapper - you can use the wrapper as a lure too!  

Dave.  

P.S. you probably know this, but be sure to check your traps regularly.  
Once a swarm moves in they'll fill it up very rapidly - and it will get 
heavy pretty quickly.  This also has ramifications for where you place them.

---

From: [email-masked] (Rick Guttery)
Date: 29 May 1995 22:23:39 GMT

Hello Dave, Thanks for the reply. Will give them a call tomorrow......
Rick