Subject: Request for info on Varroa mites

From: [email-masked] (jeffrey kingsley)
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 1995 16:54:55 GMT

Are Varroa mites new (or more common than in the past)?  Are they found in the North - East U.S.?  I heard they cause something called "Parasitic Mite Syndrome"...Is this a new term?

Would I find any info in the FAQ (If so, where can I find the FAQ)?  Anyone recommend any sources for additional info (symptoms and cures)? 

Thanks,
Jeff

---

From: [email-masked] (Adam Finkelstein)
Date: 4 Jan 1995 03:31:04 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>,
jeffrey kingsley <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>Are Varroa mites new (or more common than in the past)?  Are they
found in the North - East U.S.?  I heard they cause something called
"Parasitic Mite Syndrome"...Is this a new term?

 Check _Apis Magazine_ 12/94
Sanford describes this "disease" well. _Apis_ is posted here and 
archived at a few sites. The Faq lists them.

Speaking of faq, 1/1/95 is on its way, I've moved and am using a new
school's network so I am going to be a few days.
Hokay?

Great to beee here!
Adam
-- 
____________________________________________________________________________ 
Adam Finkelstein                     Price Hall 
Entomology                   VA Tech, Blacksburg, VA  24001-0325 
[email-masked] ______________________________________________________