Subject: Honey Price UP

From: [email-masked] (Andy Nachbaur)
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 1995 16:22:00 GMT

Market Report June 17, 1995
Report from California

          __________________________________________________________
         (//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////)
         (//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////)
         /~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\
        |  Some US HONEY Prices for May 1955                         |
        |                                      NEW CROP              |
        |  Calif.  ORANGE/Sage   53-55           white               |
        |          Orange/Sage   51-52           ex light amber      |
        |                                                            |
        |  Florida                                                   |
        |          Orange        60-61           white               |
        |                                                            |
        |  North Dakota                         OLD CROP             |
        |          Clover        55-63           white               |
        |          Alfalfa/Clov  50              white               |
        |                                                            |
        |  Mexico Mixed Flowers  63 POE          light amber         |
        |____________________________________________________________|
        :   Wild Bee's BBS  209-826-8107                             :
         \___________________________________________________________/

        California production prospects still remain above normal, BUT
        unsettled weather has reduced the total crop from Orange to 50%
        of normal. Sage production is expected to be good, but spotty
        depending on the local weather. Production continues from Sage,
        and the Wild Buckwheat is starting. Hot weather is needed for
        good Wild Buckwheat. Fall prospect look great.

        Local Sue Bee members are excited by 1995 new crop price goals
        from the Co-Op projected to bee $0.615 base price per pound an
        increase of about 20% over the past seasons.

        ?Why anyone would pay .63 cents for light amber honey imported
        from Mexico when million's of pounds of US honey remains unsold
        is a mystery to me and may only illustrate that honey buyers are
        no smarter then honey producers. Or some one is getting a big
        discount in the form of a kick back, the rule for doing
        business in Mexico under, what was the name of that treaty?
        NATO, GET (your) GAT or something like that?<G>

        Reminds me of a good friend of mine who also happened to be the
        top producer of honey in California for several years. He would
        alway's top the market when selling his crop to one particular
        packer. His neighbors hated him, and when his back was turned
        would call him a lier and other things about his roots. It took
        years before anyone including my friend figured out what was
        going on. The packer alway's was slow paying, and would give my
        friend two checks telling him to hold one for a few day's. The
        packer would then show the next producer the first check and
        represent it to be the full price paid to the big beekeeper for
        his crop.<G> This same packer was famous for jumping up in a
        industry meeting supporting some worthwhile project waving a big
        check in the air. And that would be the only time anyone would
        see that check, a real air ball, but we all loved him anyway,
        may he rest in peace...if it's not to hot where he is at rest...

                                ttul Andy-

(c)Permission to reproduced, Granted.
Fact's and opinions, are like oil and water,
they do get separated.