Subject: Q: When a bee is killed

From: [email-masked] (Chris Warren Uhl)
Date: 25 May 1995 06:13:01 GMT

I have a question to bee professionals:

  I had the window open in my house, and a big huge bumble bee came buzzing
in. To be honest, I was freaked. I got a fly-swatter and killed it. Since
the killing (almost two weeks ago) our house has been frequented by bees
(more than can be explained by coincidence). Two bees have entered the house
through the dryer duct, and we've had three near misses at the front door.

  I had heard somewhere that if you kill a bee, it sends out a special scent
that causes other bees to come and help out the injured bee. (This is the
only logical explination for me.) My family doesn't 'bee'lieve such a story.
(Sorry, had to get that out :-) I was wondering if someone can confirm this.

  You may respond here, but I would appreciate if you'd forward a copy to me
at [email-masked].

  Thanks a bunch! CU

--
 _____________________________________________________________________
[ Chris Uhl (Saskatoon, SK, Canada)        | Encrypted mail preferred.] 
[ Internet: <[email-masked]>           | PGP Public Key available ] 
[ Fidonet:  <1:140/191>                    | by fingering me          ] 
[------------------------------------------+--------------------------] 
[ Key fingerprint =  9E 29 8E DE A8 57 8D 49  8D AE 86 2D D2 40 DA 4D ]
[_____________________________________________________________________]