Subject: Re: Killer Bee Help

From: Dean Philpot <[email-masked]>
Date: 15 Sep 1994 02:10:03 GMT

Bees communicate and sting with formic acid. Natural Zeolite has 
a chemical attraction to formic acid. Use zeolite need the hive 
and they loose the sting . Killer Bees swarm to Formic Acid. Keep 
zeolite near or in your hive and no problems with swarming. For 
more general info on Zeolites send me e-mail.

I have tested with fire ants , use zeolites on the bed and no 
sting.

-- 
DON'T LET ANYBODY STEAL YOUR DREAMS
FAX 713/360-5497

---

From: [email-masked] (John E. Taylor III)
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 1994 12:56:07 -0400

> I have tested with fire ants , use zeolites on the bed and no

Hmmm.  Zeolites are adsorbents (and ion exchangers, but that's not quite
relevant here).  So to act, they'd have to contact all the places the
formic acid could be in/on/around the hive.  That is, the zeolites would
not suck many vapors of formic acid out of the air--their affinity for
formic acid isn't _that_ great.  Apparently you'd have to dust the area
extensively with ground zeolite material to get this effect.

'Course, anything that works on those damned fire ants has got to have some
merit!  I sure miss Myrex.  :-)

--
John Taylor    (W3ZID)     |  "The opinions expressed are those of the
[email-masked] |   writer and not of Rohm and Haas Company."