Subject: Help, MY BEES ARE DYING.

From: [email-masked] (Roger Khoury)
Date: 16 Oct 1994 22:01:26 -0400

Many thanks for giving me your attention

It has been about ten days now, my bees crawl out of their hives and die
outside, from eight I only left with one, it is also dying.

All the others hives have been occupied by Yellow Jackets and Wasps. I don't
know how to help them.

I contacted a doctor (Jerk) we did not know how to help, and now he
deosn't return my phone calls. I called the company that sold me the hives
and paid for a medicine it has been eight days nothing arrived yet, even
they expressed their willingness to sell me more it seems they are waiting
for what i have to die.

I had them for long time, and after I eat their honey it is deppressing
not to help them they were great to me, all the people i know are not
helping.

If any of you guys know what i can do to slow their death rate until I get
a proper medicine, that will be great.

If you know how to cure them,

If you know which company to contact for medicine,

If you had previous experience how to evade it in the future,

If you know what is this sickness named,

Anything to help them i will be greatfull to you, I will send money to you
or honey but i wan't to help them before they all die.

Your early reply would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Roger Khoury
[email-masked]
-- 
Roger Khoury
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta Georgia, 30332
uucp:	  ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!gt6861c
Internet: [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Adam Finkelstein)
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 1994 11:06:00 GMT

Georgia has a very good Apiary inspection service. 
Before anyone else messes with you, why don't you try talking to a bee
inspector or your state apiarist.
 If you need help finding these #'s let me know.
Adam
-- 
============================================================================
 Adam Finkelstein   [email-masked]     [email-masked]     
===============================================   |Bees To Please|   =======

---

From: [email-masked] (John E. Fox)
Date: 18 Oct 1994 12:29:36 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Roger Khoury) says:

Never had that sort of a problem before.
Have the hives been treated with something? If so it's most probably the cause.
Can't think of any bee disease that would kill all of them off that quickly.
See if there is any brood, if not, you were sold sub-quality stock.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 1994 17:11:32 GMT

The USDA provides a free diagnostic service for bee diseases(not poisonings).
You can send 200 sick or newly dead bees in cardboard or wood container(like a
matchbox).Name and address on container and/or letter include pertanant
info/disease symptoms.Bioenvironmental Bee Labratory, Beltsville Agricultural
Research Center-East, Bldg.476,Room 200,Beltsville, MD.20705, U.S.A.  They also
do brood diseases(comb sample 4X4 inches pack so it wont mold) according to
Enc. of Beekeeping,"Morse, Hooper", they also handle int'l samples. I've used
them, they're pretty quick and seem to be thorough, you can't beat the price;
"your tax dollar at work" Regards,[email-masked]
In article <[email-masked]>,