Subject: Where to Buy Honey?

From: [email-masked] (Clay Glenn)
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 1995 22:34:54 GMT

I'm a brewer interested in fermenting some *good* honey.  I'm not looking 
for the filtered, pasteurized, homogenized honey in the small bottles at 
the supermarket.  I'm looking for big buckets, fresh from the harvest, 
with its full aroma intact.

Where do I start looking locally for bee keepers?  Do I just look in the 
Yellow Pages under bees? or honey?  Or should I look for some kind of 
farmer's market or co-op?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

-- 
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\      O 
 >>>  Clay Glenn    [email-masked]  >>>    /|\
///////////////////////////////////////////     /'\

---

From: [email-masked] (Pollinator)
Date: 10 Apr 1995 23:37:29 -0400

A good place to start would be to ask you local extension agent if
there is a local bee club or association.

[email-masked]                     Dave Green
PO Box 1215, Hemingway,    SC   29554

---

From: [email-masked] (John E. Taylor III)
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 1995 12:26:58 -0400

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Clay

> farmer's market or co-op?

In a posting such as this, some indication of where you're located is a big
help.  Generically, I recall that when we lived in Florida and Alabama
(been a few years now) those states, and I expect several others, had
(have?) agricultural newsletters.  The Florida one particularly had lots of
ads for honey in 5-gal containers.

Another source of information might be your county agricultural extension
agent.

--
John Taylor    (W3ZID)      |  "The opinions expressed are those of the
e-mail: [email-masked] |   writer and not of Rohm and Haas Company."

---

From: [email-masked] (H L. Falls)
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 1995 20:07:29 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>,
>farmer's market or co-op?

   Around here (Charlottesville, Virginia) several health food type stores
carry bulk honey (clover and "wildflower") produced by local beekeepers...

--Landon