Subject: stability in agroecosystems

From: Joel Brooks Gruver <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 23:51:28 -0400 (EDT)

Hello to all...

I am wondering if anyone is familiar with studies that looked at the
population dynamics of non crop species in early succession
agroecosystems. Are there studies that showed that under extended
periods of uniform management/ecosystem disturbances (e.g. a long term
cropping experiment with annual crops), populations of some non-crop
species tended to stabilize while others did not ?

Certainly there are studies of changes in weed and arthropod populations
over time in long term experiments.

Can anyone refer me to an article in which non-crop species
population dynamics over time are discussed in terms of cropping system
sustainability/unsustainability ?

Joel Gruver
Soil Quality Research
U of MD

To Unsubscribe:  Email [email-masked] with the command
"unsubscribe sanet-mg".  If you receive the digest format, use the command
"unsubscribe sanet-mg-digest".
To Subscribe to Digest: Email [email-masked] with the command
"subscribe sanet-mg-digest".

All messages to sanet-mg are archived at:
http://www.sare.org/san/htdocs/hypermail