Subject: bioremediation

From: [email-masked] (Sean Chamberlin)
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 1994 10:47:58 -0800

Greetings!

Just found this group and was startled to see at least 4 messages on
BIOREMEDIATION.  From what I gather, there is not a specific newsgroup for
this topic, but I wonder if there isn't sufficient interest to start one. 
At least this forum is a good place to start.

Thanks, Bob, for the info on the Handbook of Bioremediation.  You might
also check out: 

"In situ bioremediation: When does it work?" by the National Research
Council, 1993, National Academy Press.

"Biotreatment of Industrial and Hazardous Waste" by Morris Leavin and
Michael Gealt, McGraw-Hill, 1993.

"Guide for Assessing and Remediating Petroleum Hydrocarbons in Soils",
American Petroleum Institute, API Publication 1629, 1993.

You might also be interested to know that the EPA maintains a BBS
dedicated to bioremediation, avaliable through ATTIC (Alternative
Treatment Technology Information CLearinghouse:  Dial 703-908-2138, 2400,
N,8,1).  They also publish a FREE monthly publication called
"Bioremediation in the Field" which you may request over the phone.

Finally, I have some references from Kimberly Ogden at the University of
Arizonea, Department of Chemical Engineering, on RDX and TNT degradation. 
She does a variety of work on plasmid isolation as well.

Keep me posted.

Sean Chamberlin
[email-masked]