Subject: (none)

From: [email-masked] (Joel B Gruver)
Date: 2 Nov 1994 14:14:35 -0000

I am investigating alternative uses of 
animals in agricultural systems. For example, weeder geese, grazing 
management of covercrops, fly control...
Specifically, I am now looking for information concerning the use of hogs in 
composting systems. I would appreciate any information concerning 
alternative integrations of animals into ag. systems.
Joel Gruver (413) 582-5348
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (James Meade)
Date: 3 Nov 1994 01:54:13 -0000

Joel,

Joel Salatin has some good ideas on using hogs in composting systems.  
Are you familiar with his work?

He feeds his cattle at a hay bunker, and buries some grain in the 
bedding.  When the bedding is several feet thick, he turns in hogs who 
root and turn the bedding thoroughly to get at the grain.

You received a reference to Salatin in another post, so I won't repeat 
his address here.

Good luck.

Jim - Farmer - Iowa City, IA, 
[email-masked]