Subject: Re: Recommended Listservs

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 23:12:09 -0400 (EDT)

Lawrence F. London, Jr. -+|+- Venaura Farm
[email-masked]   [email-masked]
http://metalab.unc.edu/london, /permaculture, /ecolandtech
EcoLandTech -+|+- InterGarden -+|+- Permaculture
-
On Fri, 30 Jul 1999, Kirsten Saylor wrote:
> What I need is a name of the listserv and the host. 
-

permaculture mailing lists:

1)[email-masked] (this one will soon be
bi-directionally gated to the alt.permaculture list)
2)[email-masked]
subscription info is here:
http://metalab.unc.edu/london/permaculture/misc/PC-listservs

3)[email-masked]
and many other lists, i.e. organic gardening, seed saving, soil quality,
small farming, market gardening, and others - these lists are also
fully accessable as newsgroups and as webforums - read and post using all
three methods - all posts are archives and are publically readable)
subscription info is here:
http://metalab.unc.edu/london/forumdoc.txt

4)[email-masked] (Germany, hosted by Thilo Pfennig, mostly German
language)

5)[email-masked] (Australia, hosted by Permaculture Association of
Western Australia, PAWA, http://www.eepo.com.au/perma)
send email to: [email-masked] with message text:
SUBSCRIBE PERMA <your NAME>

homestead mailing list:
subscription info is here:
http://metalab.unc.edu/london/permaculture/misc/homestead.mailing-list

csa-l mailing list:
subscription info is here:
http://metalab.unc.edu/london/orgfarm/csa/CSA-L.mailing-list.INFO

organic-l mailing list (a UK list):
subscription info is here:
http://metalab.unc.edu/london/orgfarm/net-resources/organic-l.mailing-list

[email-masked] (Biodynamics)
Send subscription requests to: [email-masked]

Newsgroups:

alt.permaculture (new and very nice, no spam, no flames)
own.eco.permaculture (may have to get this at DejaNews)
alt.sustainable.agriculture
rec.gardens.edible
alt.solar.thermal (an exceptionally fine newsgroup for home-built
  energy systems and energy-efficient architecture - see also
  alt.architecture.alternative)

To Unsubscribe:  Email [email-masked] with the command
"unsubscribe sanet-mg".  If you receive the digest format, use the command
"unsubscribe sanet-mg-digest".
To Subscribe to Digest: Email [email-masked] with the command
"subscribe sanet-mg-digest".

All messages to sanet-mg are archived at:
http://www.sare.org/san/htdocs/hypermail