Subject: Re: New Fox series about the net

From: [email-masked] (Adam Guasch-Melendez)
Date: 1 Apr 1995 22:46:09 GMT

Keith F. Lynch ([email-masked]) wrote:
: Found in the latest (April 1) _Variety_.  Forwarded without permission:

:    In a surprise move, Fox reports that they are cancelling their Award-
: winning series _The Simpsons_, effective the end of this month.
:    Replacing it is a new series, _Hackers_.  Set in the present, this
: high-tech true-crime thriller shows us the seamy underside of the
: Information Superhighway.
:    Fox has spared no expense when it comes to technical accuracy.  The
: techical advisors for the show are Laurence Canter and Martha Siegal,
: authors of the contraversial _How to Make a Forture on the Information
: Superhighway_, and victims of real-life hackers who attempted to derail
: their on-line advertising campaign.
:    The two-hour premier shows the FBI and BATF track down and capture
: a gang of ruthless child pornographers who are in cahoots with the
: notorious "PKZ" who developed an ingenious secret code -- unbreakable
: even by the NSA! -- for them to peddle their evil wares, and with a
: mysterious message-laundering ring in Finland, which specializes in
: making Internet transactions totally untracable.  It will be broadcast
: on Sunday evening, April 31, at 8 pm eastern time, 7 central.
: -- 
: Keith Lynch, [email-masked]

: Please CC any followups to me, as news on this site is chronically
: unreliable.  Thanks.

April Fool!