Subject: Re: OS/8 disk structure

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 94 11:46:38 EST

>For the record, please do not use the term "block" when referring to OS/8 
         ^^^^^^
 
GROAN...  :-)  Well thanks for all the info!
 
John Wilson

---

From: Charles Lasner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 1994 20:30:55 -0500 (EST)

> GROAN...  :-)  Well thanks for all the info!

You're Welcome!  Don't knock your block off while absorbing it! :-)

(You can be the first one on your block to use the term "record".)

> John Wilson

cjl (Didn't Monty Python once have a three-sided record?)

---

From: Ronald Copley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 1994 12:58:45 -0400 (EDT)

> cjl (Didn't Monty Python once have a three-sided record?)

With the risk of reinvoking a Never-Ending Thread (tm), yes, they did. 
The back side (I believe) was double-grooved. I forget the title, but it 
is amongst my collexion somewhere...

--
Informatiks                       |
Ronald Copley, owner              |  Buying and selling small to medium
1010 Township RD 78W              |  quantities of used Pyramid, Sun, 
Scottown OH  45678-9051           |  DEC (PDPs) and Data General computer
+1.614.643.1340                   |  equipment.
(evenings, please)                |
--

---

From: [email-masked] (Eric Smith)
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 1994 15:31:27 -0800

Monty Python's Matching Tie and Handkerchief.
It's a three-sided record, but how many blocks does it have (and how many words
per block)?

Eric