Subject: AEC Industry Web Magazine

From: [email-masked] (Drew Linsalata)
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 1996 13:01:04 -0400

PRESS INFORMATION

Contact: Drew Linsalata
(516)754-3020

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

AECNET ADDS INDUSTRY EXPERTS TO TEAM OF WEB SITE COLUMNISTS

January 12, 1996 - Northport, NY - AECNET - the Electronic Resource
Network of Architecture, Engineering and Construction - today announced
the addition of several A/E/C industry experts to its team of web site
contributors.  These contributors will provide monthly columns covering
industry topics, which will appear on the AECNET World Wide Web site at
http://www.aecnet.com

Joining the AECNET team of web columnists are:

Paul Doherty, AIA  ([email-masked]) - Paul will present a monthly
column entitled "Digerati - A Report from the Information Revolution in
the Design Industry".  Paul is a partner in the Long Island firm of
Boccard Suddell Doherty and has been featured in several industry journals
and at several worldwide conferences as an innovator in the field of
information technology for the design professional.

Joseph Vance, AIA ([email-masked]) - Leader of the Macintosh Users Group
of the New York City Chapter of the AIA, Joe Vance will provide a monthly
"Macintosh Corner" column on the AECNET web site.  Covering the use of the
Macintosh as a tool in the design office, "Macintosh Corner" will include
discussion of current topics and links to archives of Joe's past work as a
practicing architect and Macintosh consultant.

Jay Shilstone ([email-masked])- Principal in The Shilstone
Companies and an acknowledged expert in the field of concrete science and
technology, Jay will provide a monthly "Concrete Comments" column to
AECNET covering innovative uses of concrete in construction.

Charles Haber ([email-masked]) - A partner in the New York City
consulting firm Archidata, and a member of CADVANSYS New York, Charles
will administer the "Maximum CAD" column on AECNET, covering  issues
concerning the maximizing of your CAD investment from both a hardware and
personnel point of view.

"We are thrilled to add these fine individuals to our team of content
providers," said AECNET founder and CEO Drew Linsalata.  "This represents
a great deal of progress toward reaching our goal of providing current and
useful information to professionals in the design and commercial
construction industry.  We've been looking at AECNET as more of a
"cyberactive" magazine or cable television network.  These folks represent
the first additions to our editorial and programming team".

The company plans to announce the addition of several other prominent
industry experts to the editorial team in the very near future covering
such topics as design office technology, marketing design services, and
managing the small firm or solo practice.

Individuals interested in becoming AECNET contributors should contact
Patti McAlpine at AECNET at 1-800-9AECNET.

AECNET provides World Wide Web services, Internet access packages, and
Internet based Bulletin Board Services for professionals in architecture,
engineering and commercial construction industry.  AECNET can be reached
using any of the following methods:

Telephone: 1-800-9AECNET
Web: http://www.aecnet.com
E-mail: [email-masked]