Subject: Re: Waermeschutzverordnung WSvO

From: [email-masked] (Roy Prince)
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 1996 03:57:24 GMT

Thorsten Seliger <[email-masked]> wrote:
>Does anyone know of literature or could give tips to calculate 
>the german "Waermeschutzverordnung" WSvO?

Dear Thorsten,

As you may know the "Waermeschutzverordnung" is now requred for all new (?)
construction in Germany as of 1 January, 1995.  There is a software called
"Bautherme" that is designed to do this work.  The company is located in
Tuebingen as follows:

B. Börsig
BMZ Software GmbH
Ammergasse 19
72070  Tübingen

Also the Baden Wertemburg Land Cries (sp?) has a soft cover A4 booklet on the
subject.  It is my understanding the the law requires the architect to do the
calculations so that the architect becomes involved in the energy design of the
structure rather than have a consultant do this work.  It is my understanding,
however, that architects still hire a consultant, usually their "statiker" (sp?)
or structural engineer.

I hope this is helpful,
Roy Prince
***********************

                      * * * 

               R o y . P r i n c e
E c o l o g i c a l . A r c h i t e c t u r e
                 [email-masked]	
       Ecological Architecture on the Web
              www.west.net/~prince/
805.967.9524 * P.O. Box 30085 * Santa Barbara CA 93130

                      * * *