Subject: Re: Venting a dryer indoors

From: [email-masked] (Tim Jebb)
Date: 2 Dec 1996 13:35:00 GMT

>>I presume you're talking about the European condensing dryers.  Have 
you 

The only condensing dryers I've seen are ones which use cold water, and 
are in fact combination washer-dryers. However, I've not been looking 
very hard, not knowing that such beasts exist except in my imagination. 
Can you actually buy them?

>>seen any exported to the US?  Biggest problem I would be aware of is 
>>capacity just as with their washers.
>
>Well, that's a matter of your perceived "need" for capacity.  It does 
not seem 
>to me that people in Europe necessarily have a lesser need for drying 
lots of 
>clothes at a time than we in North America do.

Not true. It's well known that Americans sweat more than we do :-)

---

From: Line Diana Blytt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 1996 10:09:03 +0100

Tim Jebb wrote:
> 
> >>I presume you're talking about the European condensing dryers.  
> >>Have you
> 
>The only condensing dryers I've seen are ones which use cold water, >and are in fact combination washer-dryers. However, I've not been >looking very hard, not knowing that such beasts exist except in my >imagination. Can you actually buy them?

> >Well, that's a matter of your perceived "need" for capacity.  It does > >not seem
> >to me that people in Europe necessarily have a lesser need for drying > >lots of clothes at a time than we in North America do.

> Not true. It's well known that Americans sweat more than we do :-)

I don´t know what you can buy in thee US but in Norway the condensing 
dryers I belive have half of the marked. They have been for sale at 
least 5-10 years and are not too expensive either. A full 
washer-machine, about 4-5 kg dry clothes, takes about 2 hours to dry and 
"produce" desilised water in a container which you have to empty. On hot 
summer dayes it is not so efficient. It produces heat (not wapour) so a 
closed  small room isn´t a ideal placement. In winter time the condense 
dryer works very good and the heat is a welcome side-effect.

Line Diana Blytt