Subject: How to make me rich $$$$ (and maybe you)

From: "Damian Martin" <[email-masked]>
Date: 23 Sep 1996 23:33:52 GMT

Take 5 minutes to read what follows:

I have seen numerous articles in newsgroups telling me I could
make $50,000 within a month for an investment of only $5.

I think it is nonsense but for a $5 investment am willing to be proved
wrong.  The three steps to be followed are given below and I have copied
them from some other guys message (sorry).

He claims to have made $32,000 in a matter of weeks and says that it is a
legitimate investment  opportunity. You  invest $5,  and you  receive a
return on  your investment. So  does the next  investor. NOT ILLEGAL, NOT A
CHAIN LETTER- PERFECTLY LEGITIMATE.

 If  you  are not  interested,  then  don't participate,  but
 please print this article and pass  it on to someone who may
 be interested, so they can take advantage.

 The procedure is simple: 1) Write your name and address on 5
 sheets of paper.   Below that, write the  words, "Please add
 me to  your mailing  list." Fold  $1 note  or bank  draft or
 money order  in each  piece of  paper and  mail them  to the
 following 5 addresses.:

  1. Vic Williams
     14307 Virtue Rd.
     Lenoir City, Tn  37772  USA

  2. Bill Brown
     148 South Downlen #796
     Beaumont, Tx. 77707     USA

  3. Olivier Arcadipane
      237 rue Francois Andre
      7390 Quaregnon       BELGIUM

  4.  Fernando Vereau M.
       PB 1022
       PO BOX 02-5645
       MIAMI, Florida 33102-5645
       USA	

  5.  C Martin
       19 Alt-Min Avenue
        Belfast BT4 3TP
        N.Ireland
	  
  2) Now remove the top name from the list, and move the other
  four names up. In other words,  #5 becomes #4 and so on. Put
  your name as the  fifth one on the list.   Use a simple text
  editor such as  Notepad,  in your   "accessories" window (If
  you have  MS-Windows),or DOS  editor.   In fact,  any editor
  will do.

  3) Post  the article to at  least 200 newsgroups.  There are
  22,000+, so  it shouldn't  be hard  to find  that many.   Try
  posting to as  many  newsgroups as you can,   and the bigger
  the newsgroup is,  the more  people are to see your message!

  You  are now  in  the mail  order  investment business,  and
  should start seeing returns within a week or two. Of course,
  the more newsgroups you post to, the greater your return is.
  If you  wish to remain anonymous,  you may use  a psuedonym,
  call yourself  "The Manager", "The Boss",  whatever but make
  sure your address is correct.

  Now, here is why the system works:

  -Of every  200 posts  I made, I  received 5  responses. Yes,
  only 5. You make $5 for every 200 posts with your name at #5.

  -Each person who  sent you $1 now also  makes 200 additional
  postings with your name at #4. ie. 1000 postings. On average
  therefore, 50 people will send you  $1 with your name at #4.
  $50.

  -Your 50 new agents make 200 postings each with your name at
  #3 or  10,000 postings.  Average return  500 people  = $500.
  They make  200 postings  each with  your name  at #2=100,000
  postings=5000 return at $1 each=$5000.

  -Finally, 5,000 people  make 200 postings with  your name at
  #1 and  you get a return  of $50,000 before your  name drops
  off the list. AND THATS IF  EVERYONE DOWN THE LINE MAKES 200 POSTINGS!
Total income in one cycle=$55,000.

  From time to  time, when you see your name  no longer on the
  list,  you  take the  latest  posting  that appears  in  the
  newsgroups, and  send out another $5,  and put your  name at
  #5, and start posting again. Remember,  200 postings is only
  a guideline. the more you post, the greater the return.

  Lets review why you should do this. THE ONLY COST IS $5, AND
  5 STAMPS, AND 5 ENVELOPES.  Anyone can afford $5 for such   an effortless
investment with such SPECTACULAR RETURNS.

  Some people have said to me,  "what happens if the scheme is
  played out and no one sends me any money?  "Big Deal, so you
  lose $5-but what are the chances of that happening ?? Do you
  Realize that  NOBODY cares for  the LEGAL chance  of winning
  such  a BIG  money as  50,000.00  $$$$ ????  and  all for  a
  microscopic investment of five  separate dollars? just think
  of all  of the new  Internet users that  join the  net every
  day!!!

  There are  millions of internet  users, and millions  of new
  net surfers every  month !!!  This is the  great plus of the
  Internet,  people all over the world can hear you and listen
  carefully if you  talk reasonably.  Everyone  will take that
  chance !  I agree,  If  it wasn't the  Internet,  and  was a
  small circle  of people,  the chance  wouldn't have  been so
  small.  the amount of money had to be 200 times bigger,  and
  the chances were zero.  It wouldn't succeed.

  But here, on the Internet, it is a giant village,  where new
  thousands of members join in every day ! you CAN'T lose !!!!

  Remember- read the instructions  carefully, and play fairly.
  That's the  only way this will  work. Get a printout  so you
  can refer back to this article easily.

  Try to  keep a  list of  everyone that  sends you  money and
  always keep an eye on the  postings to make sure everyone is
  playing fairly. You know where your name should be.

  REMEMBER-HONESTY IS  THE BEST  POLICY.  YOU  DO NOT  NEED TO CHEAT THIS 
IDEA TO  MAKE MONEY!!   BESIDES,NOT  PLAYING THE GAME  FAIRLY  IS
ILLEGAL.SO  LET'S  BE  REASONABLE AND  PLAY   FAIRLY,SO WE CAN ALL ENJOY
THE INTERNET GOLD MINE.

  GOOD LUCK  FOR YOU ALL, And  remember, play fair  and you'll  win,