Subject: tilt wall

From: [email-masked] (robert segelke)
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 1996 03:35:19 GMT

I am looking for information concerning using tilt wall construction
(concrete) for building a residence.  While reading a.a.a. for a few
months, I've never noticed it mentioned.  It seems like it would be a
quick and economical system to get the majority of the structure
built.  
It would seem that foundation (naturally) and walls could be poured at
the site. 
Any information is greatly appreciated.
Robert Segelke

---

From: "Brian A. Rock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 08:04:36 -0700

> Any information is greatly appreciated.

Tilt-up walls usually have little insulation ("R") value.  You would 
likely frame-out the inside so that you could put in R-13 fiberglass 
batts.  Because you are framing anyway, why bother with the tilt-up 
material!

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Brian A. Rock, Ph.D., P.E.        Voice:  (913) 864-3434
The University of Kansas          Fax:    (913) 864-5099
Architectural Engineering Dept.   E mailto:[email-masked]
Marvin Hall                       Home page: http://www.arce.ukans.edu/
Lawrence, Kansas 66045-2222       Rock Chalk, Jayhawk, KU!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------