Subject: Roundtable on Technology in Architecture/Engineering/Construction

From: Bob Schulz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 1996 10:52:19 -0800

Roundtable on Technology in Architecture/Engineering/Construction 

If you are going to be at AEC SYSTEMS in Anaheim, this June, you are 
invited to atte

Roundtable Discussion on Information Technology in Public Works Design & 
Construction Projects 
At AEC SYSTEMS '96, 
Thursday June 20, 8:00 am to 11:00 am
Anaheim Marriot Hotel, Salon C&D

This free roundtable is focused  on the impact on professional practices 
by the use of computers and technology on AEC projects in a public works 
environment.  A wealth of Computer Aided Design, Analysis, Project 
Management, Estimating, and Communications tools are available to the 
AEC industry today, yet the ramifications of their use is still being 
sorted out.

What is the impact on professional practices?  Computing tools enable us 
to design, draft, specify, and manage projects faster, but how can they 
be used to integrate disciplines, coordinate multiple documents and data 
sources? How can they help prevent errors, cost over runs, claims, and 
litigation. What are the quality management and process improvement 
possibilities being opened up by these technologies?

Representatives from large facilities owners, architects and 
consultants, and general contracting firms will present their views on 
today's tools be used to improve the project delivery system, and 
develop facilities more effectively and with fewer errors and claims.

Further information is available at the Web Page below.
________________________________________________________________
Robert C.  Schulz				             Phone:         (310) 985-9044 
Principal Architect               Fax:           (310) 985-9107
Office of the Chancellor                      
California State University       http://www.co.calstate.edu/AEC/
PO Box 3502 Seal Beach, CA 90740     [email-masked]
________________________________________________________________