Subject: fiberglass housing

From: Bioptic <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 1996 15:48:36 -0700

I am looking for manufacturer/supplier of modular fiberglass housing.
For building houses at moderate price.
Has anyone heard of this kind of  house ?
Thanks.
Etienne Sum Wah

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 1996 05:23:43 -0600

> Has anyone heard of this kind of  house ?

Try the Thomas Register WWW site. You can usually find a manufacturer of
just about anything. There probably won't be any that construct homes, but
there will be manufacturers of other structures that could be adapted to
housing.

---

From: Thomas Mills <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1996 06:57:08 -0700

> > Has anyone heard of this kind of  house ?

Try VFP in Roanoke , Virginia.  They manufacture fiberglass modular 
communication buildings that fit within a standard cargo container 
framework for overseas shipping.  These containers have been and can be 
modified to accommadate housing.  They  are completely outfitted, loaded 
on a truck, trucked to a port,loaded on a ship, offloaded and trucked to 
the site and reloacated as necessary.

Thom

---

From: [email-masked] (Sleepless in Amherst)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 03:32:16 GMT

You could always go with the thinking behind the project "Habitat" by 
Moshe Safdie for the world's fair in Montreal.  Those were pre-fabricated 
concrete blocks that were then shipped to the site and stacked seemingly 
haphazardly on top of each other, but in reality there was some rhyme or 
reason to it.
8)
Vince