Subject: Virtual Glastonbury

From: [email-masked] (Tim Murphy)
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 1996 22:38:18 LOCAL

Glastonbury Festival of Contemporary Arts Goes Virtual

Press Release / Invitation to Participate.

See us at http://www.glastonbury.org/

Date:  Thursday 6/6/96 
         
For immediate release / Please feel free to cross-post entire document.

Announcing Virtual Glastonbury
******************************

Glastonbury has been cancelled for this year but there’s no need to miss out 
on the sights and sounds. Only the smell of the legendary toilets are 
missing. 

Virtual  Glastonbury 1996' launches on the 21st June. The 
celebration starts on-line with a live Web-cast of pictures of the solstice 
Sunrise from Stonehenge check http://www.glastonbury.org

Everything you would expect west country version will be there. Music 
>from  top bands in numerous tents and stages.  Along with material 
supplied by performers of every type from circus to comedy.  

On a more mellow note reminisce about past festivals with stories, 
sights, sounds and videos. Then take a walk to the Beer tent or chill out 
in the 'Trip Tent'. If you’re feeling a bit down recover there’s always 
the Alternative Medicine field. And like the real thing there’ll be plenty 
of campaigners clamouring for your attention and a better world. 
Many more features will be announced over the next few days. 

Much of the content will be is especially commissioned or never before 
seen. All available via a clickable Festival map.

All profits go to the 'Hardship Fund' managed jointly by Crusaid and the 
Terence  Higgins Trust which offers immediate help to people suffering 
financial  hardship as a result of HIV or Aids.

RainbowNet Cultural Technologies (creators of last year's Cybercafe  at 
the Glastonbury Festival) are co-coordinating the creation of this special 
Virtual Glastonbury project and a London Clubwear Design and wholesale 
company, 'Surge London Ltd' have put up the initial seed sponsorship to get 
the project going.  Visitors that add an entry to Surge’s electronic 
visitors book will be entered  in a draw for a Virtual Glastonbury 
t-shirt.

The Virtual Glastonbury Festival World Wide Web site will be accessible  
to anyone with an Internet link anywhere in the world.   The  URL is http://www.glastonbury.org

We are still accepting materials from commercial sponsors, interested 
individuals as well as traders, artists, musicians, bands, campaigners
and community groups.

Get Involved:

Individuals:
* Play on stage, 
* Appear in the comedy tent
* Send us Glastonbury related text, art, video and audio.
* Run a tent or a stall
* Or just send some thoughts for the site. 
 
Please email us with ideas and offers of help.

Organisations

* Companies: Site, tent and stage sponsorship are available but hurry. 
the summer solstice is approaching fast. 

x Bands and Artists
May appear on stage by way of text, graphics, sound and video
The material should not be available on any other site.
£50.00 per floppy disc

Alternatively, a band or record Company may sponsor a stage for £1,000 and have a link to their on web site.
 
* Campaign Groups: 
May submit material to Virtual Glastonbury. 
Contributions for material submitted will be rated at a reduced fee of 50 
Pounds per floppy disk. Further details of any requirements by campaign 
groups should be submitted by post.

* Community organisations.
These will benefit from a specially reduced fees of 50 Pounds. This will 
not include any web site material beyond a page of text provided by the 
organisation and a "mail-to" link to the organisation. However any 
Community Organisation is welcome to negotiate a more advanced 
participation at Virtual Glastonbury to suit their needs.

x Traders, Arts and Crafts
Traders may submit text and images at the rate of 50 pounds per floppy disc.
Arts and Crafts people may have a stall at the professional rate of 50 pounds or reduced rate of 15 pounds for semi-professionals.  

Material must arrive not later than the 18th of June. 
More details of rates and terms can be found on the web site: 

http://www.glastonbury.org

For Further details:-  
Contact:- Kendra Kirkham
Address: RCT 32 Percy Street, Oxford OX4 3AA, England, UK.
Telephone:- +44 (0)1865 201824  
email:-  [email-masked]
Virtual Glastonbury URL http://www.glastonbury.org

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *