Subject: Little Houses are gaining national attention

From: [email-masked] (Panelmaker)
Date: 31 Jul 1995 07:17:17 -0400

According to the US Census Bureau , a big shift in new household
formations is occuring nationwide. That shift, combined with other
demographic studies and certain new , global economic realities is
drastically reshaping the way Americans will live in the near future. An
aging population and a fast growing segment of new one person households
is creating a new "less is more" philosophy in personal housing options.

My associate, noted Connecticut architect, Dennis Davey, AIA has received
international attention over the past year for his SRD Little House
designs which have been featured in newspapers, magazines and on national
television news.

In response to an overwhelming demand from people all over the world for
more information on these Little Houses.... people who want to know, I am
posting the following infomercial.
------------------------------------------------------------------

DOWNSIZING IS HERE TO STAY !

IT'S THE NEWEST BUZZWORD.  IT'S THE TREND OF THE FUTURE

IT'S HAPPENING  WORLDWIDE  AND MILLIONS OF PEOPLE ARE FEELING THE PAIN OF
ITS PRESENCE.

LIKE IT OR NOT, YOUR LIFE IS GOING TO BE DRAMATICALLY AFFECTED BY
IT........SO WHY NOT MAKE IT WORK FOR YOU ?

If you are undergoing a lifestyle change, (divorce, new job, retirement,
single parent, return to nest , loss of spouse , newly married,  etc.) and
want to cut costs, maintain your independence, preserve your privacy,and
build some equity for your future, The Little House....... it may be just
what you need. This newest concept in personal housing options is
extremely versatile. For  just $9,995 *,  you can move into your own ,
brand new, conventionally built frame home in a matter of weeks.

The Little House......

 If you need more space later, you can expand it !
 If you don't like where you are, you can move it ! ( Note: This is not a
mobile home !)
 If you want a change, you can easily resell it !
 If you want income, you can rent it ! 
 If you are doing something different , you can convert it !
 If you need  a new career...a new way to make money, you can retail it to
others ** 
 For less than the price of a new car, it can be  yours..and it meets all
national building codes !

Some typical uses of the Little House.....x  a Starter Home, Retirement
Home, Vacation Cottage, Guest House, Dormitory, Home Office, Studio House,
Ski Lodge, Mobile Office, Beach or Lake Cabana, Caretaker's  Cottage, 
Motel Units, Roadside Business, ECHO housing, Transitional Housing or any
other use you can think of that fits your needs.

It also offers the three most important features that everyone
wants...Immediacy  (you can have it quickly),  Customization (have it your
way ***) , and Value  (you can't beat the price nor the quality and since
it is a conventional frame home, it won't depreciate in value like a
mobile home.)

And there are no middlemen. This is a FACTORY DIRECT product  from
Adirondack entrepreneur, Dick Considine, the founder of Lincoln Logs who
has put over 5000 homes on the ground worldwide and the noted Connecticut
architect, Dennis Davey, AIA. Together they  combined over 50 years of
cumulative housing experience  to design and  deliver  a complete 
panelized frame house  that meets all national building codes,  and
includes foundation, plumbing, heating, electrical fixtures, cabinets,
hardware, insulation , floor tiles , appliances, blueprints, heat loss
calculations and a one year written warranty, ready  to occupy  at this
amazing price. No one else has anything like it.

One picture is worth ten  thousand words. You can see a model home at
Tolland, Connecticut or send  $10.00 for an information package, floor
plan , specs and video tape of an actual home. (as seen on CNBC, TV)  Call
Now -(800) -624-3708 or (518) 494-4048  OR  fill out the coupon below,
clip and mail to: The Little House Company ,  PO Box 35, Chestertown, N.Y.
12817
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------

?

* Land ,  assembly and freight  not included. Limited Offer. Introductory
price is guaranteed  while current supplies  last.
** .. but only if you meet our minimum requirements
*** some limitations apply

c1995 Richard Considine

Richard Considine
Panelmaker Building System
RR1 Box 488A
Chestertown, N.Y. 12817
(518) 494-4048 Fax (518)494-4341

---

From: Richard Austin <[email-masked]>
Date: 4 Aug 1995 03:48:00 GMT

Cut the hype.
If you have ideas about the benefits of tiny houses such as better use 
of space etc. please post it. Post useful information rather than how to 
buy your excessively hyped product.

If you have something to show, instead of asking $10 for pictures, why 
not put up an http?

Richard Austin  --  email: [email-masked]  --  radio: KG7SU
-------------------------------------------------------
              Institute for Planetary Renewal
"Creating a Better World Through Healing & Design"