Subject: A quest: woman seeks other women to jam (musically) with

From: anonymous <[email-masked]>
Date: 23 Mar 1996 01:10:19 GMT

A quest:  woman seeks other women to jam (musically) with

*** 
Note: this article looks like spam, but isn't: when posted in music-
oriented newsgroups, Joan received many responses from insolent 
individuals (that's a nice way of putting it) who were offended by the fact
that she prefers to associate with 'artsy' types.  That's why it's here.
***

Joan Galt is looking for some other women to jam with, somewhere in the
greater Washington DC/Baltimore/Frederick MD area.  Joan, who is in her
30's, is mostly self-taught (and always learning), likes to sing and
play her electric guitar.  Women of all colors, ages and types are
welcome to respond (agnostic and cynical tendencies preferred).  Note:
this is STRICTLY a musical thang!

Co-jammer requirements:

* Whacked-out sense of humor

* Must play some instrument well enough to accomplish something--
strings preferred, but woodwinds, keyboards and percussion are fine too
(unusual ok: theremins and zoomoozophones no problem).  Good strong
vocals are a plus.

* Must be willing to be totally fragrance-free for sessions (due to
allergic asthma)

* Art or design background a big plus--no lawyers or engineers, please

* Environmentally-oriented people preferred--especially ticked-off
vegans & vegetarians

* No commercial aspirations--it's just for fun (but who knows?)

* Must not be afraid of "strong" language.

Joan's musical likes:

B-52's 
Gang of Four * 
Jane Siberry * 
Kate Bush * 
Peter Gabriel 
Brian Eno 
Portishead 
Alanis Morissette 
Crash Test Dummies 
Ofra Haza 
Thomas Dolby before he cut his hair off * 
Erik Satie

* but Joan was disappointed by latest recording.

All interested parties are urged to respond (*** via e-mail ***) with
location, talents and outlook on music, culture, life and the state of
the world...

This offer good for a limited time only, so act now!