Subject: An Architectural Metaphor

From: [email-masked] (Martin Helick)
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 1995 14:51:14 GMT

BINARY AND TERNARY: AN ARCHITECTURAL METAPHOR         
                                                                  
     Unless  one  is  a  thoroughgoing  mystic  (e.g. Plotinus), a
     thoroughgoing  romantic  (e.g Nietzsche)  or  a thoroughgoing
     nihilist (e.g Ben Bradlee), the  parameters  of  what we like
     to  call reality are binary: true & false, benign & malignant,
     zero & one, etc.  But  the parameters of what we in fact  ex-
     perience  as  reality  are  ternary: length, width &  breadth,
     solid, liquid and gaseous, past, present & future, etc.       
                                                                  
     For an insight into a novel way of thinking about this matter,
     not necessarily in conflict with the way you think now, check
     out http://www.lm.com/~rmhelick/arch/arka1.html.             
                                                                  
     While there, feel  free to  browse  the  other  segments.  No
     guarantees, of  course, but you just might find something you
     will remember for the rest of your life. The web is 100% text,
     literate, easy to navigate and fast.                         
                                                                  
     Martin Helick
--