Subject: Building for Universal Support

From: [email-masked] (Frank G�rgens)
Date: Tue, 30 May 1995 12:29:09

In a fictitous project a building for "Universal Support" is
planned in Berlin/Germany. The idea is to provide the public with
free network access and support with the handling of the so called
"new media". Mainly free Internet access and support is planned,
but also to make video, audio, printing, computing and other
networking facilities available for private persons for free. The
task is to design a place (or building) in which this "Universal
Support" can be realized.

Do you have any comments or suggestions for the building design or
for the idea in general? Is it utopian or realistic in your
opinion, which kind of support should be offered, too (housing,
transport, libraries, information investigation etc.?) or are some
of them unnecessary? How should the support look like, how should
it be organized?

Please mail your suggestions, ideas and criticisms to
[email-masked] or simply post them. Thanks for your
inspirations.

Frank
(Email: [email-masked])