Subject: Log home problems, ants-fungus. Help!!!

From: nstn3068@.fox.nstn.ca (Keith Doucet)
Date: 8 Aug 1995 16:00:28 GMT

Thanks for taking the time to read.
My problem is carpenter ants and a fungus that appears in the checks outside.
I've tried ant bait but it seems to take too long to work and i'm worried that 
they might have gone too far into the log to be effective. Also will gouging 
out the fungus and treating it with borax then filling the scar with a polymer 
filler like Check-Mate be enough of a solution?
Any response would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to e-mail me directly if 
you wish.
Thanks.                                                 Keith.

---

From: [email-masked] (C0L0RTRAN)
Date: 10 Aug 1995 20:23:44 -0400

Don't want to scare you but Ants may mean termites. 
I read in one of those woman magazines that spraying with chillipeper and
water solution the other is babypowder. I dont't know if they really
works.

Jill