Subject: BUILDING CODES DATABASE

From: [email-masked] (sysop)
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 1996 16:50:33 -0400

PRESS INFORMATION

Contact: Drew Linsalata
(516)754-3020

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

AECNET ADDS COMPLETE BUILDING CODE DIRECTORY TO INDUSTRY WEB SITE

January 12, 1996 - Northport, NY - AECNET - the Electronic Resource
Network of Architecture, Engineering and Construction - today announced
the addition of a comprehensive building code directory to its industry
web site at http://www.aecnet.com  .

The code directory includes contact information for every code and
regulatory agency in every state in the US, and will include synopses of
the code and regulatory structure for each state as well.

References and web links to code-writing bodies such as BOCA, ICBO, SBCCI
and CABO are in progress, and will be added to the site very shortly, as
will interactive web based message boards for use in discussing and
interpreting these codes.

The site has also been enhanced by the addition of the full text of the
New York State Uniform Building Code, the New York State Energy
Conservation Code for Construction, and the complete Americans With
Disabilities Act Accessibility Guidelines, complete with illustrations.

AECNET research has shown that building code information is ranked by
industry professionals as a close second to building product information
in terms of usefulness and value.  The addition of this code database to
the AECNET site is a direct response to this situation.

AECNET provides World Wide Web services, Internet access, and an Internet
based bulletin board service for professionals in the architecture,
engineering and commercial construction industry.  AECNET can be reached
using any of the following methods:

Telephone: 1-800-9AECNET
Web:  http://www.aecnet.com
E-mail: [email-masked]