Subject: Wanted: weird D.I.Y. architecture and design

From: Robert Whyte <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 00:40:21 +1000

Research project: We're looking for examples of naive/quirky
do-it-yourself architecture close to Brisbane, Sydney, or 
Melbourne - Australia.

The sort of things we're looking for include:
 - odd house extensions built from strange materials or in weird
   shapes
 - small-scale architectural follies
 - bizarre renovations
 - weird uses of everyday items
 - generally stupid domestic stuff 

Perfect examples would be:
 - this guy in Caboolture, QLD who's built a mobile home by bolting
   the fuselage of a DC3 onto the back of a truck.
 - a chap who's constructed a home made roll-a-door by cementing a 
   domestic power drill into a wall and mounting a drive sprocket 
   into the chuck
 - a house that looks like a spaceship
 - a garden fully covered by chicken wire from roof to fenceline
   etc.etc. 
   
If you know any similar sorts of architectural eccentricities, please
send details via email. In return you'll get not only our profound
gratitude, but you'll be contributing to a database thats
chock-a-block full of the very weirdest home handy work down under.
Naturally we'll send you the pick of the crop.

No subject too stupid, no objects too ridiculous.

Thanks in advance
The urkitechture research team from [email-masked] (Robert Whyte)