Subject: Seeking European Relocation Info.

From: [email-masked] (Mark Warriner)
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 96 17:01:50 EST

I am an American Landscape Architect looking to relocate to Europe. I would 
like to make contacts within the related fields of European Architecture, 
Urbanism, Horticulture, Landscape Contracting and/or Garden Design. My 
preferences are western European countries but I am wide
open to all the other locations.

Because my desire to live in Europe is so great and my ability to speak 
other languages is not yet at a fluent level, I will accept a position far 
below what my CV would suggest. This includes a job
working with plants at a European nursery or in landscape installation. At 
this level I believe my talents and knowledge can help a European company 
and simultaneously, help me get established in Europe while also giving me 
time to learn the language. Considering how difficult it is for an American 
to find work in Europe, I would be extremely happy to find work of any kind.

Besides going to school in Italy, I have worked and travel in Europe and 
South America. While in these countries, I taught myself about their 
particular garden designs and landscape plants. I have greatly enjoyed 
working internationally and learning about other cultures. I wish to 
continue this by relocating to Europe while also expand my professional 
experience by working in one of the most culturally  rich parts of the 
world.

I greatly anticipate a positive response. 

MARK WARRINER

210 East Morse Blvd. Apt. 1-34, Winter Park, FL U.S.A. 32789 
Telephone: 011(407)629-9276  E-mail: [email-masked]  
Fax:011(407)629-7888

---------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
                                 RESUME
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

MARK WARRINER

210 East Morse Blvd. Apt. 1-34, Winter Park, FL U.S.A. 32789 
Telephone: 011(407)629-9276  E-mail: [email-masked]  Fax: 
011(407)629-7888

  OBJECTIVE:
  
          Seeking a position as a Landscape Architect. 
          
  EDUCATION:
  
          UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA,  Athens, Georgia
          Bachelor's Degree in Landscape Architecture
          1992
          Named to Dean's List (for academic excellence: 4/4 grade). Studies 
          Abroad Program in Cortona, Italy. Internship with Soils & 
          Conservation Department; U.S. Government. Pertinent classes: 
          Computer Graphics/Autocad/Landscape Spreadsheet, Site Engineering, 
          Planting Design, History of Art/Landscape 
          Architecture/Architecture(Italy), Plant Material 
          Identification(zones 7-5) and Design Studio.
          
          VALENCIA COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Orlando, Fla.
          Associate of Science Degree in Ornamental Horticulture
          1989
          Named to Deans List (for academic excellence: 3.5/4 grade).
          Pertinent classes: Ornamental / Landscape/Subtropical and Native 
          Plant Material Identification(zones: 10-8), Soils and Fertilizers, 
          Plant Pathology, Turfgrass Management,Flower Forcing, Nursery 
          Management and Plant Propagation.  
          
  EXPERIENCE:
  
          IVEY, HARRIS, & WALLS, INC., Winter Park, Florida
          Landscape Architect, 1994-
          Assisted in developing and implementing a variety of projects: 
          1)FANTASMIC! FLORIDA - DISNEY'S MGM STUDIOS: 
            Planting design and landscape construction drawings (AutoCAD). 
          2)ORANGESCAPE: HIGHWAY BEAUTIFICATION PROGRAM: 
            Lead landscape designer and development of Xeriscape plant 
            palette.         
          3)UNIVERSAL CITY, FLORIDA:
             Development of plant palette and landscape construction        
             drawings (AutoCAD)for second largest theme resort/park in U.S. 
          4)ORANGE COUNTY PARKS & RECREATION: 
             Planting design and landscape construction drawings (AutoCAD). 
          5)MICKEY'S STARLAND - DISNEY'S MAGIC KINGDOM: 
             Landscape construction drawings(AutoCAD).
          6)FRONTIERLAND WALKWAY - DISNEY'S MAGIC KINGDOM:
             Conceptual plan illustrations and site inventory.
          7)INTERNATIONAL MARKETING, SOUTH AMERICA:
             Successfully networked and established leads for prospective 
             projects including an amusement park, urban/river walk park and 
             luxury subdivision.   
                
          INDEPENDENT DESIGN WORK, Winter Park, Fla.
          Landscape Designer and Owner
          1988-1989, 1992-1994, 1996
          Established and implemented landscape design business. Accountable 
          and responsible for the management and smooth operation of a 
          company. List of designs furnished on request.
          
          JOE KNIGHT & ASSOC. LANDSCAPE, Winter Park, Fla. 
          Landscape Draftsman, 1989
          Prepared landscape construction drawings for Landscape Architects.
          
          OYLER BROTHERS LANDSCAPE COMPANY, Orlando, Fla.
          Landscape Draftsman/Installation
          1985 - 1986, 1988(Internship)
          Performed duties of draftsman directly under landscape architect. 
          Aided in developing design for residences.  
            
          J&W LANDSCAPE COMPANY, Winter Park, Fla.
          Landscape Installation/Nursery, 1984
          Responsible for landscape installation for residential and 
          commercial clients. Accountable for nursery maintenance.
          
          CLIFFORD H. WARRINER, AIA, Maitland, Fla.
          Architectural Draftsman, 1983
          Responsible for construction rendering and drafting of plans and 
          details.