Subject: Info for an Architecture Student

From: [email-masked] (FLlw2b)
Date: 5 Aug 1995 05:05:21 -0400

Hi All, 

    I'm looking into colleges for, obviously, architectural studies and
was wondering if someone could tell me something about the University of
Illinois at Chicago.  I've heard it was a great school for this, but was
wondering what the general concensus was.  Also, I'm looking into a new
computer and would like some advice on a home system that will also run
CAD with minimal problems.

                                                    Thanks, 
                                                         Jim

---

From: "Brian A. Rock, Ph.D., P.E." <[email-masked]>
Date: 9 Aug 95 09:41:52 CDT

Don't buy a CAD machine yet -- wait until you have started your
studies.  The school you go to may have a preferred system (Mac/PC).
Also be aware that your machine will be obsolete by the time you
graduate, so don't spend the family fortune.  Do plan to spend
$2500 or so.

-- 
*************************************************************************
Brian A. Rock, Ph.D., P.E.        Voice:  (913) 864-3434
The University of Kansas          Fax:    (913) 864-5099
Architectural Engineering Dept.   E-mail: [email-masked]
Marvin Hall                       HomePage: http://energy.arce.ukans.edu/
Lawrence, Kansas 66045-2222       Rock Chalk, Jayhawk, KU!
*************************************************************************