Subject: Re: Sewerage Vs Composting Toilet

From: [email-masked] (Tony)
Date: Fri, 26 May 1995 19:49:13 GMT

>I don't want to argue against composting toilets, but water usage should
>not be the big issue.  I flush the toilet at home on average less than
>once a day and therefore the water usage is small compared to showering.

on a family of four, toilet water usage is around 40%, by far the biggest
but that's not all...
once water enters in contact with human feces, it becomes inexorably
contaminated and *extremely* dangerous
this is due to viruses always present on even healthy persons,
the strongest argument to eliminate the water toilet

>Our water supply is from rain water tanks, which have kept us supplied 
ever
>since we moved in 10 years ago.  We have not had to cart in water at all,
>although we came within a day of it last year during the drought (also
>living in Brisbane, on the outskirts).  My (part) solution to the water
>problem is for everyone to have tanks.
>

could you discuss the details of your rain water system and tank
construction?

>Tony Watts
>[email-masked]