Subject: Building Energy Simulation Software

From: [email-masked]
Date: 22 Mar 1996 20:15:18 GMT

Eley Associates is announcing the release of a new Windows 
computer program for simulating the energy performance of 
buildings.  The program is VisualDOE 2.0.  VisualDOE is a second 
generation computer program developed by an experienced team of 
architects, engineers and computer programmers to suit the needs 
of practicing design professionals like you.  We believe you will 
find the program extremely useful throughout the architectural 
design process.  

· At the schematic design phase, you can evaluate different 
schemes for building massing, daylighting, and/or fenestration 
design alternatives.  
· At the design development phase, VisualDOE will help you choose 
insulation levels, select fenestration materials, and evaluate 
daylighting control options.  
· At the contract documents phase, you can use the program to 
calculate performance-based utility rebates and fine tune your 
design.
· During commissioning, you can study the impact of building 
management, scheduling, and control options.  

VisualDOE will enable you to offer energy simulation services to 
your clients.  This may be just the edge you need to expand your 
business in the increasingly competitive world of professional 
design services.  
VisualDOE uses DOE-2, an extremely powerful energy simulation 
computer tool developed by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory 
with funding from the U.S. Department of Energy.  Before 
VisualDOE, the cost of performing DOE-2 simulations was 
prohibitive for most projects.  Furthermore, you had to hire a 
specialized energy consultant to do the work.  With VisualDOE, 
your in-house staff can build an energy model in a half-day that 
would take a week or more using DOE-2 by itself.  If you have a 
project that requires DOE-2 simulations, VisualDOE will most 
likely pay for itself on your first project. 
Additional information on the program and a demonstration copy is 
available on our web site at http:\\www.eley.com.  We hope you 
will take the time to visit our web site and contact us if you 
have any questions.  We provide technical support to all our 
customers.  We also have regular training and orientation 
sessions in San Francisco and occasionally in other cities.  We 
can also arrange for training at your site. 

Eley Associates
(415) 957-1977
(415) 957-1381 fax