Subject: alt.sewage.disposal

From: Dan Riebs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 1996 10:10:13 -0500

I plan to buy land in the next year, which will probably be quite rocky.
Regarding regular septic and mound systems, the county has it's head
shoved where you'd normally expect to find it, any less than 24 inches
of topsoil is unbuildable.

Assuming I can get a variance from the county, what other kinds of
sewage disposal systems are available for what is effectively bedrock?

---

From: MAIN <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 12:44:46 -0400

> sewage disposal systems are available for what is effectively bedrock?

===========

Have you looked into artificial wetland systems ?  I've seen several
varients, among them a system in Lousiana that was built up on a mound
due to proximity w/ a water table.

These systems can be lined to prevent seepage concerns, and can be quite
productive non-human consumption gardens / mini-wildlife habitats.

Such systems may not be your answer but, rather, a componant of the
total solution.
                        ---   Luck !

---

From: [email-masked] (Healey)
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 1996 10:45:28 GMT

Several types of reasonable cost environment friendly sewage disposals
for households are available in Western Australia. Email:  John Healey
"[email-masked]" for info.  I am not connected with the
products.