Subject: REQ INFO ON WASSILY CHAIRS

From: Jim Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 1996 16:01:00 -0600

A friend of mine just purchased two previously owned Wassily
chrome/leather chairs that were made in Italy.  She is not sure what they
are currently selling for but believes that they are pretty expensive.
The chairs are in excellent condition but she asked me for my advice on
one issue.  I did not know what to tell her but offered to pose the
queestion on the Internet. On one of the chairs there are a few tiny dots
of rust on the chrome.  The previous owner told her that she could fix
the spots with some chrome cleaner and tin foil.  Another person advised
her to use fine steel wool and window cleaner.  I thought that
either method, especially the latter, might cause damage and
devaluation of the chairs.  Any suggestions on the best way of restoring
the chrome.  She also might be interested in selling them for a profit
too.

Thanks in advance for any feedback !

Jim Wood
[email-masked]

NOTE: My previous message had the wrong Internet address at the end of 
the message.