Subject: Re: Wanted: Info on Straw Bale/Earth Sheltered Homes

From: [email-masked] (Peter Jacobs)
Date: 9 May 1995 06:23:45 GMT

Tracy Pilcher ([email-masked]) wrote:
: Hi,

: I am just in the dreaming stage of building my earthship.  I need to get
: more practical information and I would be very grateful for people's
: input on good books that I could read.

: I just discovered a couple of interesting magazines,
: HomePower and BackHome - are there any others that are good for a beginner?

: Thank you for your help!

: --
: Tracy Pilcher

Try "The Straw Bale House" by Steen, Steen, Bainbridge and Eisenberg.
Great book, just published by Chelsea Green Publishing Co.

Also, there is straw bale info on the World Wide Web at
http://solstice.crest.org/efficiency/straw_insulation/straw_in.html

Hope this helps!

.....................................
pjacobs @IslandNet.com (Peter Jacobs)
Victoria, BC, Canada.