Subject: ATTENTIONA ARCHITECTURE STUDENTS!

From: [email-masked] (Lfg0302)
Date: 19 Sep 1996 17:06:03 -0400

The American Institute of Architecture Students (AIAS), a 40 year old
non-profit organization which represents students of architecture
throughout North America, cordially invites

All Architecture, Interior Design and Landscape Architecture Students,
Interns and Professionals to join them at

FORUM 1996 - A Captial Forum
220+ Years of Public Architecture In America

Tuesday, November 26 - Sunday, December 1, 1996
The Grand Hyatt - Washington
1000 H Street, N.W. Washington, D.C.

Please make plans to join more than 1,000 students at this annual
gathering of architecture students and other design professionals.

FORUM '96 offers you the educational opportunities of a lifetime with
seminars, panel discussions, design build workshops, and keynote sessions.
 Confirmed speakers to date include: Vincent Scully, James Wines, Hugh
Newell Jacobsen, FAIA, Steve Kliment, FAIA, and Architectural photographer
Fred Maroon.  Other invited speakers include Maya Lin, Beatriz Colomina,
Martha Schwartz, Lebbeus Woods, Hon. Harvey Gantt, FAIA and Hon. Henry
Cisneros, Hon. AIA.

Tours offered will include day trips to Annapolis and Baltimore, MD, and
Richmond, VA.  Other tours will include The White House, the U.S. Capitol
Complex, Monuments and Memorials, Federal Buildings, Historic Georgetown, 
The National Gallery of Art, The Smithsonian and the U.S. Holocaust
Museum. 
  
An evening of discussions of international architecture is planned, with
12 foreign embassies hosting dinners for the conference attendees. 
Embassies participating to date include: Germany, Saudi Arabia, Finland,
Israel, Singapore and the Czech Republic.

Other Programs will be held at the National Building Museum, the American
Institute of Architects and the Old Post Office Pavillion.

A special lecture on the state of architectural education will also be
offered by Dr. Lee Mitgang, co-author of the recently published BUILDING
COMMUNITY, A New Future for Architecture Education and Practice, a
long-term study just released by the Carnegie Foundation for the
Advancement of Teaching.

A week of learning, growing and fun await all who attend.  Won't you plan
to join more than 1,000 of your peers for this exciting educational
experience and Thanksgiving dinner and the traditional Beaux Arts Ball
too?

Registration Costs are as follows:

Basic Registration             Early           Reg.       On Site
AIAS Member                      $95             $120         $140
Student (non-member)         $110          $135         $155
Intern/Associate AIA          $130           $155         $175
Professional                        $150           $175         $195

Headquarters hotel is The Grand Hyatt Washington.  For more information
and registration materials, please email us at [email-masked] or call us
at (202) 626-7472 or fax us at (202) 626-7414