Subject: Re: Rammed earth

From: [email-masked] (Meror Krayenhoff)
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 95 02:17:45 PST

You might try contacting David Easton in Napa California.  His book
"Dwelling on 
Earth" is excellent!  Another excellent book is by Paul McHenry(not sure of the
title
as my copy is currently on loan).  
     SOUTHWEST SOLARADOBE SCHOOL,  P.O. BOX 153,  Bosque, NM  87006  has
provided my library with "Adobe Codes" and "The Earthbuilders Encyclopedia".
     Lydia & David Miller of  2319 21st Ave.,  Greeley Colorado  80631  have put
out 
"Manual for Building a Rammed Earth Wall"  and  "Rammed Earth - A Selected
Bibliography".
     The most prolific use of Rammed Earth is in Western Australia (they call it
stabilized
earth).  A consortium of builders there go by the moniker STABILIZED EARTH
STRUCTURES,  11B Jewell Parade,  North Fremantle,  Western Australia  6159.
     In Canada here, we are developing a cavity wall system utilizing stabilized
earth.

     Hope this is of some help to you!
sent via UUCP from: Raven Net, Salt Spring Island, BC, Canada