Subject: Rammed earth blocks?

From: Marjorie Alexander <[email-masked]>
Date: 4 Apr 1996 14:33:15 GMT

I'd love some info/experience "stories".  Sounds easier than rammed earth 
walls.

---

From: [email-masked] (Hesychast)
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 96 03:18:54 GMT

In article <Pine.SUN.3.91.960406150417.20739I-100000@verdi>,
   RICKY D VAN MATRE <[email-masked]> wrote:
>On 4 Apr 1996, Marjorie Alexander wrote:
>
>>Why would anybody want rammed earth bricks?  The adobe bricks are just 
>fine. KM 

The brief descriptions I read about rammed earth blocks suggest that they 
would be much more durable and stable in wet, temperate climates than adobe 
AND that their manufacture is far less labour intensive than adobe. (and hence 
less costly??) However, the brief snippet I read really did not give any hard 
numbers about durability and cost.

---

From: RICKY D VAN MATRE <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 1996 15:05:02 -0700

fine. KM