Subject: cyberspace, cybertechnology and architecture

From: [email-masked] (yangli)
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 1996 01:27:35 GMT

I am having some problems with my dissertation.

I quote from "Anyplace" Edited by Cynthia C. Davidson, an article on
"Architecture/INformation" by Sylvia Lavin

".....architecture is  either obsolete or, with some minor
modifications and improvements, will remain fundamentally unchanged."

Between this virtual realm and our physical realm is an obscure semi
realm which technology until not may not be advanced enough to create
a change. That implies that cyberspace does not affect or has little
effects on architectural space?

Although the result is claimed that "....it is not the death of
architecture, but its revitalisation." The problem now which I am
looking into is how?

Some how, it is like the Modernist movement with COrbu's much-quoted
aphorism: The house is a machine for living. Using technology as a
generator for architecture, I relate it to this this
cyber-architecture movement or techno movement niw. Another problem is
so what is the break-through? Is the break throught in technology only
and not in architecture?

So, in the end, is a Cyberian's Home is just like any other home
expect for the computer?

Please comment.

Thanks

Regards,

Yangli