Subject: information on arch/planning films

From: [email-masked] (Bhadva)
Date: 30 Aug 1995 14:59:52 -0400

hi!
i was hoping that some of you would be able to help me decide upon and
locate some films to help on project i am working on.

the scoop:
i am working on a Task Force that intends to develop a housing agenda for
an economically underdeveloped (mild understatement) neighborhood. This is
a part of a Neighborhood Revitalization Program in Minnesota. It turns out
(no prizes for guessing why) that the task force and all other
neighborhood action groups are significantly lacking in representation of
those groups that are predominant in the neighborhood. Vis-a-vis the
housing situation, this group would be renters and persons with a lower
than average (for the neighborhood) income.
Thus the vision statements and the outlined goals of the Task Force keep
moving towards physical goals that by their nature seek to exclude rental
housing/ low-income folks etc.
In speaking to folks on this Task Force it has become clear to me that the
"vision" (among other things) is one of REDUCED density with no
neighborhood economy...these folks would like to have only home owners who
have steady jobs elsewhere.
##4%265^%$#1&
Having said that (!) may I request you folks out there to send me
suggestions, names of films (especially on gentrification and Neighborhood
Re-vitalization) that I could then somehow locate and present to these
people who are about to embark on a course of action that benefits a few
at the expense of many. I believe that if they see such documentaries and
footage of residents who have undergone such traumatic changes they may be
able to understand the broader social ramifications of their "vision". 
I could write more but for now I need hard information on such films and
other methods to make
people "see" what their vision entails.

thanks in anticipation,
aslam mukhtiar