Subject: Re: Arch Engineering v Civil?

From: "Brian A. Rock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 1996 07:53:55 -0800

[email-masked] wrote:
> 
> ive been in both engineering and arch.........id go with civil degree
> because of
> 1.more job opportunities
> 2.more income
> 3.more diversified skills
> 4.less school

Architectural engineering is consulting engineering for buildings, and
not architecture.  Therefore, items 1 through 3 are not applicable to
the question at hand.  Some BS ARCE programs are 5 years long, however.

To learn about architectural engineering, please visit:

The National Society of Architectural Engineers (NSAE)
http://www.arce.ukans.edu/nsae/main.htm

KU Architectural Engineering
http://www.arce.ukans.edu/arce/arce.htm

The World-Wide Web Virtual Library: Architectural Engineering
http://www.arce.ukans.edu/wwwvl/wwwarce.htm

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Brian A. Rock, Ph.D., P.E.        Voice:  (913) 864-3434
The University of Kansas          Fax:    (913) 864-5099
Architectural Engineering Dept.   E mailto:[email-masked]
Marvin Hall                       Home page: http://www.arce.ukans.edu/
Lawrence, Kansas 66045-2222       Rock Chalk, Jayhawk, KU!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 5 Dec 1996 02:36:02 GMT