Subject: pool treatment

From: Charles Ashman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 1995 18:06:24 -0700

Does anyone have info re: treating pool water without the use of 
chlorine?  Methods and/or materials? Costs? Efficacy.

TIA

Charles

---

From: [email-masked] (John A. Stanley)
Date: 9 Aug 1995 12:56:21 -0400

In article <[email-masked]>,
> chlorine?  Methods and/or materials? Costs? Efficacy.

My pool in SW Florida is treated with a product called Baquacil
instead of chlorine. As I understand it, the chemical in
Baquacil was developed as a surgical soap and was found to be
effective in water treatment. The only differences I've found is
that bubbles on the surface from splashing last a little longer,
the skin doesn't become saturated with that sickening chlorine
smell, and hair doesn't turn to straw.

-- 
John A. Stanley                      [email-masked]