Subject: Canadian log cabin or modular home help needed

From: [email-masked] (Bill Kennedy)
Date: 24 Jul 1996 02:46:42 GMT

I am planning on building a summer home in Canada near Point 
Pelle.   I have a couple of requirements. I am looking for 3 bed
rooms, 2 baths. One of the baths should be a master bath. Other
requirement is that the structure be on piers. The area has 
flooded before and having the structure on piers would
allow me for some storage. 

I was thinking about either a manufactured or modular homes or
modular homes or a log cabin. However, I would consider
anything that was innovative such as a Styrofoam panel structure
or .... as long as it would meet my requirements and was 
reasonably priced. 

The only manufactured or modular home vendor I've found in Canada
is Royal Homes.  Royal Homes' prices seem about 20% higher than 
a comparable modular home sold in the US.  I am thinking about a 3
bedroom, 2 bath Cape Cod. Does anyone know of any other modular 
homes either made in Canada or US manufactures that sell in
Canada.

Does anyone know of any reasonable price Canadian log cabins
companies?
I am looking for something that is reasonably priced, 3        
bedrooms, 2 baths.  I've posted on the internet before about   
log cabins and the responses i got back were that unless the   
cabin was assembled correctly the cabin would be be very windy 
and porous. 

Email me if you have any ideas?