Subject: Re: Tire homes - I want information

From: [email-masked]
Date: 29 Aug 1996 05:57:53 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, "Jeff Kroft"
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> I would like any and all information pertaining to homes
> built using recycled tires.

There is a small "Temple" made of recycled tires in Greeneville, Alabama. 
It was designed and built by architecture students at Auburn University. 
I am not sure of the date but photos and a story about it was published in
either "Architecture" or "Architectural Record" sometime last year or the
year before.  I went there last April and was knocked out by it.  It was
truly amazing.  It was built as part of a "Rural Design" requirement.  If
you are interested, you can e-mail me at [email-masked] and I
will help in tracking down more info or you could probably call the Auburn
University School of Architecture. I am sure they could help you out.  I
am sure a lot of research was done during the design and they probably
have a good deal of information on the subject.

Good luck...

Randy Lovoy