Subject: Re: tiny house

From: Richard Austin <[email-masked]>
Date: 31 Jul 1995 15:13:47 GMT

My point is that tiny houses, like tiny apartments, may be promoted 
mainly to save money by saving land space and materials. In that case we 
should perhaps be talking how to build low-cost, not just reducing size, 
or how to buy land cheap.

If the tiny houses are promoted for their efficiency then we should 
perhaps be talking about how to create maximum efficiency with any 
design size.

My personal target is to be able to build rooms (bedroom size) for $50 
in one day using: reusable forms, straw-clay insulation, cast 
ferrocement shells, and adobe floors. I am almost there. Then anyone 
could build an ultra low-cost, solar heated, home for very little money 
and without a mortgage. Even better in my view if it is more along the 
self-sufficient lines.

So with tiny houses. What is it that makes for efficiency? Using 
vertical space? What else that we could all incorporate?

Richard Austin  --  email: [email-masked]  --  radio: KG7SU
-------------------------------------------------------
              Institute for Planetary Renewal
"Creating a Better World Through Healing & Design"