Subject: Re: Name our firm

From: [email-masked] (FULLTILT)
Date: 9 Mar 1996 00:34:17 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (deslab) says:
>
>We are a small firm that is just starting up and we are having the
>worst time finding out a name for ourselves.  We do architecture,
>industrial design, web sites, and graphic design.  All of us are
>licensed architects with a great interest in technology (a la Norman
>Foster, Renzo Piano, Glen Murcutt, CAD/CAM, etc) and designing that
>are both high-tech and low-tech.  Please help us! You can send
>suggestions by emailing us.  So far the leading name is "Designs That
>Don't Suck" so we obviously need help
>
How about "If we can't name our firm how could we possibly 
design your building?  Please call someone else".

If you design ala Glenn Murcutt, et al, then there really
should be no probelm naming your firm.  If you understand
his work and apply the same attitude to your designs then 
a name for your firm probably would not include the word "suck".

At least find a name that tricks people into thinking you are serious
about what you do.  

Disappointed,

fulltilt

---

From: [email-masked] (Robert Anderson)
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 1996 09:07:15 -0600

> Don't Suck" so we obviously need help

...what's wrong with 'designs that don't suck'? =-)

How about 'Not Too Bad Designs'?
___________________________________________________________
Robert Anderson                                Architecture
Matrix Design                                Space Planning
3636 Executive Center Drive, ste 254    Facility Management
Austin TX 78731                                CAD Services
(512) 346-4422 vox                       (512) 346-8565 fax

---

From: Peter Ireland <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 1996 20:19:24 +0000

In article <[email-masked]>, Robert Anderson
<[email-masked]> writes
>How about 'Not Too Bad Designs'?
Been done - but 'Not Bad Design' changed their name 'Studio Baad' as
they moved from graphics towards architecture - the original was too
flippant for clients to take seriously. Not that that's stopped 'Fat'
and 'Muf'.

Keep it short, and something that can be understood on the phone - more
'Non-stuck Design' than 'Suck Off'. Good luck.
-- 
Peter Ireland

---

From: [email-masked] (Joseph Galea)
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 1996 15:23:39 GMT

: What about ARCHI-TECH.

deslab ([email-masked]) wrote:
: We are a small firm that is just starting up and we are having the
: worst time finding out a name for ourselves.  We do architecture,
: industrial design, web sites, and graphic design.  All of us are
: licensed architects with a great interest in technology (a la Norman
: Foster, Renzo Piano, Glen Murcutt, CAD/CAM, etc) and designing that
: are both high-tech and low-tech.  Please help us! You can send
: suggestions by emailing us.  So far the leading name is "Designs That
: Don't Suck" so we obviously need help