Subject: Re: Towards A New Information Systems Architecture

From: [email-masked] (Guy5923)
Date: 25 May 1995 02:05:52 -0400

It takes energy to get energy and information and information technology
are the highest forms of energy, so how sustainable would a cyber world be
?

---

From: [email-masked] (Will Stewart )
Date: 26 May 1995 15:09:28 GMT

>are the highest forms of energy, so how sustainable would a cyber
world be

The question is almost certainly a joke, but let's take a look at it.

"It takes energy to get energy"

If you are laying in a field, warmed by the sun, what energy is being
expended and by whom to warm you?

"Information and information technology are the highest forms of
energy"

This is presented without support, and as it is not a well-accepted
axiom, is meaningless.  The physics definition of energy concerns
itself with how the energy source can perform mechanical work.  The
above claim does not fall within this realm.

If this is a rhetorical joke, thanks for the mental exercise  :)

If it is a psuedo-serious question, perhaps a rephrasing is in order.

Regards,

Will Stewart