Subject: Architects, could we have your advice?

From: [email-masked](Jody M. Wright )
Date: 28 Jan 1996 13:26:27 GMT

Hi,
I need advice from architects who might be able to assist me with
marketing.  I own a business that specializes in custom designed
stained glass, paintings on shaped canvases & painted ceiling tondos,
fused tiles and custom art furniture.

No, this isn't an advertisement.  I really just want to know if when I
send a full color brochure (which of course is expensive) if I'm
hitting a market that would be interested?  Are there very many
architects out there that design like Frank Lloyd Wright did from the
initial building design to the art?

Am I barking up the wrong tree with architects?  I purchased the AIA's
Directory and targeted my mailings.  I'm afraid that my material
doesn't get too much past the mail "in-box."

Now, if you were marketing what I am offering, are architects the right
audience?  I have completed numerous commissions with the residential
market and my partner & I make our SOLE LIVING FROM OUR ART (and have
for the past 7 years).  But, as you have in common with us, we'd like
to expand.

What have we tried?  Trade shows (very costly, little return), craft
shows (production- not what we do), mailings (great for direct
residential sales).

Architectural magazines are way out of our league.  (One industry
standard charges $8,600 for a one time full page insert.  Their
smallest ad is $2,570).

Your advice is sincerely appreciated.  Please send your comments to our
e-mail address: [email-masked]

Jody Wright, co-owner
Wright's Stained Glass & Custom Art
330 Winchester Ave.
Martinsburg, WV  25401