Subject: Do Not Vote for BOB DOLE

From: [email-masked] (axLu)
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 1996 06:34:20 -0400

Some reasons not to vote for BOB:  he is too old, he refuses to sign
pledge supporting anti-abortion, he favors Internet Censorship, he mixes
religion with politics, he is Anti-Affirmative Action, his economic plans
do not add up, etc. etc. etc....

S T O P  BOB FROM TAKING OVER!!!

-- 
http://www.tripod.com/~luigui/index.html
http://www.angelfire.com/pages0/LYH/

---

From: Xina <[email-masked]>
Date: 1 Sep 1996 14:25:25 GMT

>S T O P  BOB FROM TAKING OVER!!!

These are all legitimate concerns however Im not too worried Bobby boy 
will get into office for these reasons"

Under the Clinton Administration we have the lowest unemployment in the 
country for well over 20 years.  Sorry the republikans cant take credit 
for that one. 

Housing starts are up, stock prices stable, interest rates low, we have 
more abundance than at any other time in the last 20 or more 
years....most people other than the moralists are not going to rock the 
boat and even more are apathetic and simply say 'if it aint broke dont fix 
it.'

Im Native American, I remember very clearly what the Reaganites and the 
Bushites and the Rush Libaugh type repubklikan mouthpeices did for our 
sovereignty. I dont forget these things and I do vote....both in US 
presidental ones and ones pertaining to the Tribal issues.  Dont think we 
can all be railroaded by the media hype and PR programs of either party.

Xina

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 1996 21:09:51 GMT

This family has been struggling to care for their little premature
baby. If you would like to help them with food or a get-well card,
this page
has the address:

Http://www.angelfire.com/pages0/charity/index.html

They do not ask for money, but I sent them $20 anyway.
I'm also posting this message where I can.

Spaten

---

From: Dave Landis <[email-masked]>
Date: 6 Sep 1996 23:03:49 GMT

>do not add up, etc. etc. etc....

And your point is?

 Clinton already signed a censorship bill for the internet so what is the 
point of your mentioning that?  And then there is mixing religion with 
politics...I haven't heard any news that prevents a person from espousing 
their personal beliefs in a diety just yet... in public just yet...(Read 
our currency lately?) but, so did Kennedy and many others...  
Anti-affirmative action?  What does that mean.?.. after 25-30 years of 
affirmative action, I'd be willing to take a strong hard look at it's 
success and wonder if it's working or not...?

I don't yet know if I will vote for Dole or not... I just know that I have 
come to dis-trust MR. Clinton... he has done much to disparage gun owners 
and hunters in general are major targets of those Mr. Clinton snuggles up 
to...  Only a year ago, he was very unpopular but all of a sudden, he's 
the media's darling...always has been maybe.  Seems the media is against 
most anything including being held accountable for the accuracy of their 
journalistic license!  

I'ts going to be a very confusing election, me thinks.  I know that I'm 
surely feeling unsettled about it all!

thanks for listening

dave

---

From: [email-masked] (Brian Ellsworth)
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 1996 11:30:35 GMT

On 1 Sep 1996 14:25:25 GMT, Xina <[email-masked]> wrote:

>years....

WHAT freaking planet on YOU on!!!!!!!!  The entire N.E. area has been in an
economic depression for the past 3 years. Taxes are at a record high, purchasing
power is at one of the lowest points since the depression, housing starts are
DOWN, housing prices have tumbled 20% or more in some areas, record numbers of
people are leaving the N.E. for anywhere else. 

If paying 40% of your income in taxes makes sense to you them by all means vote
for the 'government god' communists. Gees, think how many people died in vain
just to get the 'government gods' out of personal lives. The way people flock to
worship their 'lord' the 'great provider' would make them sick. 

-be

---

From: Doug Weller <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 1996 10:10:22 +0100

> worship their 'lord' the 'great provider' would make them sick. 

Vote for those who would control your personal life but yet the economic
predators free to destroy the powerless?

Vote for someone who makes promises about income tax and economic recovery
>from  the loss of income he probably won't live to see revealed as
economic ignorance?

Vote for someone whose supporters think anyone who opposes them is
a communist and therefore fair game?
-- 
Doug Weller

---

From: [email-masked] (Mike Weatherford)
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 04:56:13 GMT

>predators free to destroy the powerless?

What 'powerless'?  What control of my personal life?  What ARE you
talking about?  Who wants to nationalize one-seventh of this nation's
GNP?  Who wants to tax out of existence most businesses with fewer
than 10 employees - which account for almost one-half this nation's
earnings?  Who wants to add additional layers of bureaucracy on top of
the massive amounts we already have?  Neither is my choice of
candidate, but this is childish and ridiculous!

>from the loss of income he probably won't live to see revealed as

There were several recent articles in my local paper (Colorado Springs
Gazette/Telegraph}, and in the Wall Street Journal, that clearly
showed economic facts that the last time "supply side" economics were
tried, the GNP almost doubled in four years.  That included one of the
largest tax CUTS this country has seen this century.   You might want
to check your facts (as you encourage others to do) before spouting
off.  The GT is on-line at 'www.usa.net/gazette'.

>a communist and therefore fair game?

Name-calling is a tradition in all FREE governments.  Or haven't you
listened to Parlaiment debate lately?

---

From: Doug Weller <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 11:06:34 +0100

> candidate, but this is childish and ridiculous!

I haven't noticed any of those desires in anyone's political platform,
but I have clearly seen a strong desire by the Republican party and
its supporters to control people's personal lives -- how could
anyone have missed it? What is childish and ridiculous is to make
up claims about what someone 'wants to do'.

[SNIP]
> listened to Parlaiment debate lately?

So it's a tradition, so what?  I personally don't like smear
campaigns.  Of course, they say more about the caller than the
callee.
-- 
Doug Weller