Subject: Straw Bale House Workshop II (fwd)

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 1995 20:32:28 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 03 Nov 95 10:33:04 EST
From: Kirby Fry <[email-masked]>
Subject: Straw Bale House Workshop II

Dear Friends,

The Cross Timbers Permaculture Institute in north Central Texas Texas is
offering its second workshop in a series on STRAW BALE HOUSE construction.
The institute is building a 750 square foot Nebraska style/load bearing
residence for its staff and interns.  We are aiming to keep the costs down
to below $8 per square foot.

During this workshop our one day of class room will cover the basics of
straw bale construction and then go into detail on EARTHEN TECHNOLOGIES
used for stuccoing the walls and pouring the floor of a straw bale house.
The remaining two day practicum will involve learning how to stucco a
house, pour a floor, and "dry in" the house.

The course tuition is $150 per person, $225 per couple (any two folks who
register together) and $180 if you would like to bring a non-participating
friend or partner.  Meals are included.  Cabins ($15/night), and camping
($5/night) with access to clean bathrooms and hot showers are available
upon request.

Please contact Kirby Fry or Inger Myhre at 817-897-9402 for more details
and to make reservations.  Our e-mail address is,
[email-masked].

	KIRBY [@ Cross Timbers Permaculture Institute 817-897-9402]