Subject: Re: Abandoned Missle silos?

From: George <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 1996 22:22:45 -0800

datamike wrote:
> 
> I just read an article in the Chicago Tribune about a guy who is buying
> up abandoned missle silos and converting them into houses. I am
> searching for more information. If you have ANY, please forward to my.
> 
> Thanks!

If you get info on this PLEASE forward some to me, I would LOVE to own a old missle silo, they I 
believe are designed to be able to house up to 150 people for a indefinite period

George

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------
500,000+ email addresses in .txt and .dbf format

       http://unix.lgn.com/email.htm
-----------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked] (Toney Lowery)
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1996 01:23:53 -0600

FYI

There is a Virtual Tour of an abandoned missle silo at: 

http://www.xvt.com/users/kevink/silo/

It's a pretty cool site.

---

From: [email-masked] (Robert Hochfellner)
Date: 20 Mar 1996 23:51:53 -0600

lyle laylin ([email-masked]) wrote:
: George wrote:
: > 
: > datamike wrote:
: > >
: > > I just read an article in the Chicago Tribune about a guy who is buying
: > > up abandoned missle silos and converting them into houses. I am
: > > searching for more information. If you have ANY, please forward to my.
: > >
: > 
: > If you get info on this PLEASE forward some to me, I would LOVE to own a
: > old missle silo, they I
: > believe are designed to be able to house up to 150 people for a indefinite
: > period
: > 
: > George
: > 
: The Last I heard they were being "demilled" by blowing them up. this is 
: intended to assure the russians that they can't be reactivated
: Lyle

I've seen in issue #4 of "Internet Underground" (March 1996) that there
is an "Abandoned Missile Base VR Tour" available at
http://www.xvt.com/users/kevink/silo/silo.html

Quote from the article: "be prepared once you're inside to inhale a fair 
share of asbestos fibers and radon gas; the underground bases are teeming 
with both carcinogens."

Much good may it do you...

--
=============================================\
| Robert Hochfellner  ([email-masked]) -\--------^---------------------\
| >->-->--->---->----->------>Inserting the finest creeds available  \
|                             ^         \\\    Wherever slot A = B    \
| http://www.mcs.net/~rxh/home.html  ----\--\--------------------------\
==========================================^==^======\  O    O    O    O

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 25 Mar 1996 05:32:04 -0800

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] says...

>Much good may it do you...
What the authority?  EPA or independent research and investigation of 
radon and asbestos presences?  Which form of asbestos?  Thanks.
-

---

From: [email-masked] (Philip Mellor-Ribet)
Date: 25 Mar 1996 11:11:46 GMT

>> If you get info on this PLEASE forward some to me, I would LOVE to
own a old missle silo, they I 
believe are designed to be able to house up to 150 people for a
indefinite period <<

No more excuses for getting rid of those tiresome house guests.
Great for parties, but make sure you ask your friends not to play with
any red buttons or funny looking dual keys sticking out the wall

--
Phil,     PARIS, FRANCE

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/MellorRibet
_____________________________________

P h i l i p   M E L L O R - R I B E T
A   R   C   H   I   T   E   C   T   E
_____________________________________

eMail:     [email-masked]
Fax  :               33 1 48.06.67.41