Subject: butterfly chair covers

From: [email-masked]
Date: 30 Jul 1995 19:52:39 GMT

Does anyone know where I can get leather or cowhide covers for butterfly chairs. If you do, please email me with the name of the 
place, their address, and telephone number and suggested price.  My email address is:
Hal Adams
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Elaine Gallegos)
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 1995 12:38:35 GMT

[email-masked] wrote:
: Does anyone know where I can get leather or cowhide covers for butterfly chairs. If you do, please email me with the name of the 
: place, their address, and telephone number and suggested price.  My email address is:
: Hal Adams
: [email-masked]

  Now what exactly is the Buttfly chair?  Isn't it like a folding chair, 
or other metal frame chair?
  I take it that the leather forms the seat of the chair?  I believe that 
in this case that you need to purchase a latigo type of leather.  
  Where are you?  You can purchase the leather at any leather shop.  You 
can also send away for it.  I recommend a store here in San Diego called 
Border Leather.  Senior Goldman can advise you as to the kind to buy.
  You must get the right kind or it may sag with use or be inappropriate 
in some other way.
  You will need to remove the old covers to get a pattern to cut the 
seats.  This is not difficult to do, but you may decide to get 
professional help in the construction. I'd ask someone at a craft shop, 
or a car upholsterer.

---

From: Paul A Schofield <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 1995 16:50:55 -0400

> Border Leather.  Senior Goldman can advise you as to the kind to buy.

	Ms. Elaine, the Museum of Modern Art in NYC sells butterfly 
	and their leather covers... if you want to spend the money 
	and have them delivered to you, you should call the MOMA's 
	Design Store, located on 53rd St. in Manhattan.  I don't 
	have their number handy, but you can get it from Manhattan 
	information (212)555-1212.  MOMA Design Store does a lot 
	of this type of selling, perhaps they can even send you 	
	a catalog.    Good Luck.

---

From: Graham Mancha <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 1995 19:18:47 GMT

I could probably arrange to have this done for you. I deal in design 
furniture, and I also restore certain items. These chairs were made by 
many different manufacturers, so the dimensions are probably not 
standard. I expect we will be too far apart to do anything about it 
though, So, good luck.-- ---------
------------------------------------------------------------------| Graham 
Mancha    EMail [email-masked]: +44 (0) 1296 615121       
                                   || Mail sent via Demon Internet -------
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked] (Astudio5)
Date: 9 Aug 1995 20:11:47 -0400

I believe Crate and Barrell here in Boston/ Cambridge area sells black
leather covers.  They are located throughout the area and are generally
very helpful.  Use information for the phone number since there are so
many of them.  Good Luck.