Subject: Re: wind availability for natural ventilation

From: Toby Reiter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 17:17:57 EDT

On Sat, 7 Dec 1996, Sam wrote:

> Greetings.
> 
> I am currently doing some studies on natural ventilation. I need to
> know how much wind will be available for natural ventilation in a
> house if there is a building standing right in front of the house.
> Parameters involved will be the height of the blocking building and
> the gap between the building and the house.
> 
> Please inform me if anybody in this part of the universe is doing
> similar job or perhaps somebody had already done it?

I don't know how relevant this may be, (I'm not really knowledgeable at 
all about architecture in any way) but seeing as how one building 
may block, to an extent, the availability of wind to the one you are 
currently building, why don't you look into creating natural convection 
flows in your building from all sides.  Not only will this allow for 
cooling breezes within the home, it will also help flush hot air up 
and out of the building.

Just a thought.....

Toby Reiter