Subject: PAPER HOUSES & STATUE OF LIBERTY?!

From: [email-masked] (Kah Eng Kelvin ANG)
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 00:25:24 GMT

Hullo there!

I am a final year student in London UK doing research into the use of
paper as an architectural/building/constructional material both
historically and currently.

I have been told that paper has been used for the construction of disaster
shelter as well as indoors for housing/building insulation. However, I
have not been able to find any printed material on these subjects.

I have also found out that in the 60's. an American firm called 'Papertech'
was involved in the production of portable/prefabricated paper/cardboard
housing units; but there isn't any published material that I have been
able to unearth.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions as to where I should look
(books, magazines etc.) or have any information at all?

Any help at all would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Kelvin Ang
email: [email-masked]