Subject: Steel framed houses

From: [email-masked] (Michael Taraszki)
Date: 12 Aug 1995 20:06:20 -0700

I have been wondering if the environmental problems associated with steel 
framed houses (ie, mining materials for moking steel) are less harmful to 
the environment then the deforestation associated with conventional wood 
framed houses.  I am attracted to the idea of steel framed houses because 
the material is supposedly much lighter and can reduce the overall 
costs.  Also, the quality of timber used in many houses today is simply 
very poor compared to the quality of timber years ago (the cost of "super 
growing trees").  Can anybody out there help me out?  Thanks in advance.

-- 
Mike Taraszki                      
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Tim of Angle)
Date: 13 Aug 1995 13:30:43 GMT

In message <[email-masked]> - [email-masked] (Michael Taraszki) 
writes:

 > framed houses.

Steel products produced by modern "mini-mills" comes almost totally from 
recycled raw materials. Check the source if it worries you.

===========================================================================
Jesse Jackson says: "To ignore race and sex is racist and sexist."
===========================================================================
Radix malorum est stupiditas...                         Tiomoid M. of Angle
                                                        [email-masked]