Subject: Info on Owner Builder Center

From: [email-masked] (Clifford Wilson, III)
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 1995 09:22:31 -0500

I realize this group is for alternative architecture but I cannot find
this info through conventional sources.  I have been trying to locate the
Owner/Builder Center in Berkley, CA.  They have moved and not left a
forwarding phone number.  (Forget smail)  If anyone knows how to contact
them preferably via E-mail or the telephone.  Thanks.

Clifford

---

From: [email-masked] (George A. Gleason)
Date: 30 Jul 1995 05:51:11 GMT

Re Owner Builder Center:  they don't exist any more.  From what I heard,
someone broke an arm or something on one of their sites, and the insurance
company did what insurance companies do best, namely sued them to death.
They don't have a forwarding number; I know because I'm the guy who worked
on their phone system when they were here, and when we did the disconnect,
that was it.  Now some of their folks might have started a new organisation
under a different name, I don't know (again, there was no re-install, so
it would be difficult to track it).  You could try the Ecology Center iin
Berkeley, which has a book section, and might have some of their material.

-george

---

From: [email-masked] (Panelmaker)
Date: 31 Jul 1995 06:49:03 -0400

The Panelmaker Building System was developed as a less expensive, more
expansive building system for owner-builders that concentrates on teaching
semi-skilled do it your selfers how to build their own homes anywhere in
the world. The mail order system teaches how to panelize the structural
walls in the portable Panelmaker Wall Panel Jig and combine the walls with
prefabricated floor and roof trusses to erect a structural shell in about
2-3 days by two or three people using hand tools on the building site. The
Panelmaker Building System can reduce turnkey new home construction costs
by up to 40% while meeting all national building codes.

The system includes all the books and  instructional manuals necessary to
make the panels and build the house including simple wall panel making
drawings , an amazing plan conversion kit that shows how to convert any
floor plan or blueprint into a panelized configuration, several special
tools and  the patented Panelmaker Wall Panel jig , all for $397.00 . And
it all ships UPS anywhere in the USA for about $45.00 in freight charges.
Richard Considine
Panelmaker Building System
RR1 Box 488A
Chestertown, N.Y. 12817
(518) 494-4048 Fax (518)494-4341