Subject: requesting information - Alternative Energy Equipment sources

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 1996 15:15:14 GMT

I am requesting information from any individual with knowledge of
Alternative Energy Equipment sources - items include, solar
panels(electrical & hot water/heating), geothermal equipment,
windmills (power & water), water wheels, solar collection equipment,
methane digestors, hydraulic rams, electrical generators (DC & AC),
wood stoves, etc. and any sources of auxiliary equipment.

The country of origin is of no importance as we are trying to collect
information from as broad a spectrum as possible and feel that many
countries, not as blessed as we are with natural energy resources have
made great strides in the field of alternative energy generation.

Please provide by direct email if possible, email address, URL,
mailing address or contact and phone number or any information that
can be used to track down these companies.

Manufacturers & Exclusive Importers / Exporters please send
information, catalogs, pricing, etc. to

Alternative Technologies
316 Epperstone Ct.
Matthews, North Carolina     28105
USA
attn: R W Baker
fax - 704.847.6624
email - [email-masked]

I wish to thank all that respond or pass this along to others.  I will
try to reply to each response as I have made many friends around the
world in this fashion.  I also wish to apologize to those that feel
that I have invaded a private group.  Suggestions as to the most
appropriate groups for this purpose will be most appreciated and not
be taken lightly.

Sincerely,
Richard W. Baker

---

From: [email-masked] (Andrew North)
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 18:04:17 GMT

>wood stoves, etc. and any sources of auxiliary equipment.

etc....

You could try :-

Centre for Alternative Technology
Machynlleth
Powys
Wales
United Kingdom

I don't know their post code (zip code)

They operate a very good centre which started in the 1970's,  they
also run coarses,  bookshop, experimental work and they also live
there as well.  If you are in the UK it's well worth a look.  

I haven't found anything on the NET about them, but this doesn't mean
their not there.  Hopefully someone from their will see this and
respond.

If you want any more information about them drop me a note and I'll
see what I can do.

Regards

Andy

---

From: Phil Bixby <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 23:26:27 -0700

> If you want any more information about them drop me a note and I'll

The Centre for Alternative Technology does have a Web page - at 
http://www.foe.co.uk:80/CAT/

Hope this is of use. My own company - Constructive Individuals - also has 
a site at http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/terrace/oa44/ - plug, plug 
;-/

Best wishes,

Phil Bixby

---

From: Jeff Keas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 19:06:24 -0400

> > >wood stoves, etc. and any sources of auxiliary equipment.

If you are looking for something in paticular, drop me an email.  My 
company distribute solar energy equipment worldwide.  We've got things 
like solar powered camping/field lanterns, portable lighting 
systems, portable power packs for laptop computers, battery chargers, 
mobile generators, etc.

Jeff Keas
Suncore International
[email-masked]