Subject: UK Building Construction / Design Web Site April 96

From: Tim Aikin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 1996 15:01:57 +0000

The Building Information Warehouse Site has been upgraded April 1996.

http://www.biw.co.uk

Set up to help provide a place where Construction Professionals,
Educationalist, Contractors, Product Manufactures, Publishers,
Institutes, Trade Associations, Researchers and Software vendors
can all communicate with each other. A who's who on the internet 
in the UK world of Construction and a helping hand to get connected.

New site features include.
Free registration and creation of a mini web page with upto 250
word description and links to email and web sites.
Extended secondary index's covering more aspects of the Construction
Industry in the UK. 
Construct IT 96 UK special presentation. 
We are still receiving approvals and changes for descriptions 
but are opening the doors so that you can benefit early from a 
Virtual World of Construct IT . 

Netscape 2.0 and above Browser features included are:-

Frames:- Multiple windows with permanent top menu icon bar
Ticker Tape News:- a news strip running along the bottom which 
people are encouraged to submit items for.
Animated graphics:- GIF animation logos and how they are achieved.

Web Browser technology:-
VRML:- coming soon a virtual biw world and introduction to the state of
the technology.
JAVA:- applications in development to enhance pages.

The BIW is part of the Construction Industry Gateway Project sister 
server 
CIG (Construction Information Gateway) http://cig.bre.co.uk.

The BIW is on the Pipex Network. Access to the Site has been tested
and the following should be noted.
A UK ,or European, service provider is recommended for access at any 
time of day.
Access via Compuserve or America On-Line should be before 1pm GMT. See 
our "access details" on the site.
 
If you have trouble accessing the site please email me or the 
[email-masked]
stating date, time, location, network, connection type, and speed.  

We look forward to you visiting us and registering your presence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~        
_______T  i  m   A  i  k  i  n   R. I. B. A.      ______
       email:[email-masked]               __/
_______for the Building Information Warehouse_/