Subject: HuM??

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 21:11:29 -0500

Taking 5 minutes to read this text may be one of the best decisions you
ever made.

IT'S ALL ABOUT HONESTY. AND YOUR ABILITY TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTION!!!!!!!!!

I saw this article in an Internet Newsgroup telling me that I could make
$50,000 within 4 weeks for an investment of only $5. At first I thought
that this was a joke,  but as I read on, I thought to myself that this
might just work.  I contacted a few of my friends and told them about this
article, they all thought that I was crazy for believing that I could get
rich with an investment of only $5. They all laugh and carried on.  Later
on that week I decided to go on with it... I figure that all I maybe losing
is $5, the minimum which I usually spend on lottery each week.  I realize
that I take a chance each week playing the lottery, which I never win...so
why not take a chance now...I follow the instruction in the article and
just like they promise...in the boundary of two weeks, I started receiving
money $$$ by mail and it kept on coming and coming, I could not believe it!
Hundreds of dollars turned into thousands!    

The way this worked was that I sent $1 by mail to each of 5 names and
addresses specified in the article. I then placed my own name and address
in the article and posted it in 200 other Newsgroups.

TWO WEEK LATER, The hundreds turned to $22,277... more money than I ever
dreamed of making playing the lottery.

BELIEVE ME, If you follow the 3 steps below, there is no reason whatsoever
why the same shouldn't happen to you. This is a perfectly legitimate
investment opportunity. You invest $5 and you receive a return on your
investment. So does the next investor.

MAY I ALSO REMIND YOU THAT:
      
      1: THIS IS NOT ILLEGAL
      2: NOT A CHAIN LETTER 
      3: IT 'S PERFECTLY LEGITIMATE!

OBVIOUSLY, IF YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED, THEN DON'T PARTICIPATE. BUT PLEASE
PRINT THIS ARTICLE AND GIVE IT TO SOMEONE WHO MAY WISH TO TAKE AVANTAGE OF
THIS OPORTUNITY.

The procedure is very simple.

STEP 1. Write your name and address on 5 separate pieces of paper with the
words
              "PLEASE ADD ME TO YOUR MAILING LIST". Fold a $1 note or money
              order or bank draft in each of the pieces of paper and mail
them to the
              following five addresses:

              1. GREG CARROLL, 3658 MAURICE AVE, FT. WORTH, TX 76111 USA
              2. MIKE BUREK, 2007 SUNNY BROOK DRIVE, AUSTIN, TX 78723-3451 
                 USA
              3. RASHAD.A, P.O.BOX 1311 STATION H MONTREAL,PQ H3G 2N3
              4. JOHN P. RUBEN, 56 SMITH STREET, STAMFORD, CT  06902
                     5. FRED BROWN, 5091 OLD LIBERTY RD., FRANKLINVILLE,
NV  27298
     
STEP 2. Now remove the 1st name on the list, move the other 4 names up  
             (5 becomes 4, 4 becomes 3 etc.) and put your name and address
as                                                     number 5 on the
list. You can do this by re-typing this article or simply                  
                      editing and re-posting it in this or another
Newsgroup.

STEP 3. Post your amended article to at least 200 new groups (there are
             17 000 of them).

You are now in the Mail Order Investment Business and you will start
receiving $1 returns by mail within a week or two. The more Newsgroups
you post to, the bigger your return will be. You may want to rent a Post
Office Box to handle the volume of mail you are likely to receive.

If you wish to remain anonymous, you can use a pseudonym such as
"The Manager" or "The Investor", but make sure your address is correct!

              NOW LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SYSTEM WORKS!

Of every 200 postings I made, I received an average of 5 replies, YES -
ONLY 5, each with a $1 bill enclosed. You make $5 for every 200
postings WITH YOUR NAME AT NUMBER 5.

Each person who sent you $1, now also makes let's say, only 200
additional postings WITH YOUR NAME AT NUMBER 4, i.e. 1000 postings.
On average therefore, 50 people will send you $1 with your name at
number 4. You make $50.

Your 50 new agents make 200 posting each WITH YOUR NAME AT NUMBER 3
or 10 000 postings - average return 500 at $1 each is $500. They
make 200 postings each WITH YOUR NAME AT NUMBER 2 = 100 000 postings
= 5 000 returns at $1 each = $5 000.

Finally, 5 000 people make 200 postings each WITH YOUR NAME AT NUMBER 1
and you get a return of $50 000 before you name drops off the list.
AND THAT'S IF EVERYONE DOWN THE LINE ONLY MAKES 200 POSTINGS! Total

income in one cycle = $55 500.

>From time to time, when your name is no longer on the list, you take
the latest posting that is appearing in the Newsgroups, SEND OUT
ANOTHER $5 TO THE NAMES THAT ARE ON THE LIST, PUT YOUR NAME IN
AT NUMBER 5 AND START POSTING AGAIN. Remember, 200 postings is only
a guideline. The more you post, the greater the return.

Let's review the reasons why you should do this: THE ONLY COST FACTORS
ARE 5 STAMPS, 5 ENVELOPES, AND 5 $1 BILLS. Anyone can afford five
dollars to put into such an effortless investment with SPECTACULAR
RETURNS.

Some people have said to me "What happens if the scheme is 'played
out' and no one sends me any money"? Big deal! So you lose $5 - but
what are the chances of that happening?

Do you realize how many Internet Users there are? Do you realize how
many times this scheme can be utilized over and over again - with
COMPLETELY NEW people participating?

There are not HUNDREDS, NOT EVEN THOUSANDS, BUT HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF
NEW INTERNET USERS EVERY MONTH!

Remember, read the instructions carefully and play FAIRLY...that's
the only way this will work. Get a printout so you can refer back
to this article easily.

Try to keep a list of everyone that sends you money and always keep
an eye on the Newsgroup postings to make sure everyone is playing
fairly. You know where your name should be.

REMEMBER - HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY.

ENJOY!

---

From: [email-masked] (G cooper)
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 96 15:56:10 GMT

Wrong agian.  It does constitute a chain letter.  It is illegial and things like 
this WILL bring censor ship of the net and I don't think anyone wants that.
Gaylord Cooper