Subject: Re: ~You have to see this

From: Karl Frederick Luedke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 21:21:24 -0500

Is there any way to  prevent postings like these? I'm getting 
sick of wading through all the garbage in my mailbox!

					Sincerely,

						Karlfl

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 20 Sep 1996 22:46:57 GMT

>sick of wading through all the garbage in my mailbox!

Sort of:

E-Mail a copy of the entire message to the people in charge of the site that
propagated the rubbish. These people hate nothing more than a mailbox full
of complaints about one of their subscribers. This generally results in the 
person who sent it losing their account.

Be sure to look at more than the "from" line, these are frequently fakes
something along the lines of "kewl [email-masked]" or some other
ridiculousness. 

The message ID usually will contain enough info to track down the service provider.

Ted Blockley