Subject: building a lasting pier/peninsula

From: [email-masked] (Onchiota)
Date: 30 Aug 1995 18:38:20 -0400

hi, I'm interested in building a pier/peninsula into the ocean, and would
like info on how to do it...I've seen concrete items shaped like
childrens' jack nested that supposedly resist tidal and storm destruction,
but don't know anytrhing about these or other technologies, ideas?

---

From: The Construction Site <http://www.constr.com
Date: 31 Aug 1995 10:25:15 GMT

>   [email-masked] (Onchiota) writes:
I am in the process of writing articles with photo examples on The 
Construction Site. Go to http://www.constr.com. From the Category 
Selection Index select Contractors. Scroll down to Bulkheads and select 
Various Systems.... (educational). I have much more data and photos to 
add. If you don't find what you want already up, let me know and I will try 
to get it up for you. I am a specialist in your area of interest.

While you are at the site, click on See Treasure #1, (from the Home 
Page).

Doyle Peeks 

The Construction Site
http://www.constr.com/
[email-masked]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

---

From: The Construction Site <http://www.constr.com
Date: 31 Aug 1995 10:29:04 GMT

>  but don't know anytrhing about these or other technologies, ideas?
I forgot to mention in my previous msg. The system you referred to is 
called, Kellner Jacks, named after the man that invented them. I do have 
some information on them. I don't have it online yet, but will see what I 
can do about it. I will let you know when it is up.

Doyle
The Construction Site
http://www.constr.com/
[email-masked]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

---

From: The Construction Site <http://www.constr.com
Date: 31 Aug 1995 11:56:54 GMT

>  but don't know anytrhing about these or other technologies, ideas?
I goofed. The units are called "Tetrapods" I have an article with one 
photo that will be up sometime today, (8-31-95) I hope.  

Sorry about that. I wasn't awake good when I posted the messg.

Doyle

The Construction Site
http://www.constr.com/
[email-masked]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~