Subject: Re: Straw Bale Info Needed

From: [email-masked] (M J Epko)
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 1996 01:37:55 GMT

[email-masked] (DaveTri) wrote:

>I just starting to learn about (and fall in love with) straw bale
>construction and would like any info or suggestions.
>I have been reading, but would like any personal observations from people
>who may have built with straw bales.
>I am currently in the New England area and am very concerned with mositure
>and protecting the integrity of the straw bale in a snowy, damp
>enviroment. Most of the building I have read about are in Nebraska, New
>Mexico, and Arizona.
>Thanks for any help!

	Search phrase "straw bale" with just about any search engine.
WebCrawler, supplied with your AOL account, will work just dandy.
Several sites specific to sb construction are out there ... see
especially the strawbale mailing list archives for outstanding
discussions on topics pertinent to your concerns. There's an active
faction in the Great White North ... no strangers to rain, snow,
slush, and other skyborne goop.
	The host computer for that list crashed a couple days ago, however,
and you may not be able to access the archives for a few days. Last I
heard they expected to be back up by this afternoon, but it hasn't
happened yet. Be patient - it *will* be well worth your while.