Subject: Re: Las Vegas Hotel CONSTRUCTION Page U P D A T E (12/3)

From: [email-masked] (Daniel P Tasman)
Date: 5 Dec 1996 00:35:50 GMT

Guy Schackman wrote:

> The Las Vegas Hotel and Casino Construction page has been updated with
> photographs from late November.  I've also started tracking construction
> at Caesars Palace and The Sahara.  Stop by and check the progress of
> construction here in Vegas!

Excellent page!  A few questions, to anyone who knows anything about
what's going on in Vegas ...

* I just heard that the Hacienda closed.  What sort of mega-resort is
  planned for that site?

* Is it my imagination, or are the "three wing" hotels like the Mirage,
  Treasure Island, Bellagio and Monte Carlo all built from the same set of 
  plans?

* Are they ever going to build the Beau Rivage? 

* What's the deal with "The Caribbean?"  The "coming soon" sign has been
  up for about five years now.

* Isn't the Desert Inn up for a really _major_ expansion?  All I saw was
  a picture of a tiny, Victorian-looking wing that seemed really out of 
  place with the rest of the hotel.

* Any bets for the next Strip hotel to close and implode?  My money's
  going with Westward Ho, and maybe the Frontier, to be blasted down in
  the next few years.

-- 
 Dan Tasman    [email-masked]   http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~tasman/
 UB School of Architecture and Planning          http://www.arch.buffalo.edu/
 +--------------------------------------------------------------------------+
 | "I think that I shall never see a billboard lovely as a tree.            |
 |  indeed, unless the billboards fall, I'll never see a tree at all."      |
 |                                        Odgen Nash, Song of the Open Road |
 +--------------------------------------------------------------------------+

---

From: HThomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 1996 23:57:59 -0800

Guy Schackman wrote:
> 
> In article <[email-masked]>, HThomas
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> > Daniel P Tasman wrote:
> 
> > It is my understanding that the LV project that had been referred to as
> > the "Beau Rivage" is now the Bellagio that we all know of. The name
> > "Beau Rivage" is now being used for a Mirage/Wynn project in Atlantic
> > City.
> 
> I was my understanding that the Beau Rivage is being built in Biloxi,
> Mississippi.  Can anyone confirm this?
> 
> Guy Schackman

After my earlier post, I visited the Mirage web site. You are indeed
correct that "Beau Rivage" is the name of their Mississippi project.
According to that web site, the AC project appears to be unnamed, though
I thought I had heard that the AC casino was going to be named "Beau
Rivage" as well. Thanks for correcting my error.........HThomas