Subject: Straw Bale Building Presentation in Flagstaff, AZ

From: [email-masked] (P. Doherty & K. Micunek)
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 1995 17:21:27 MST

NORTHERN ARIZONA SUSTAINABLE BUILDING NETWORK

                presents

         ‘STRAW BALE CONSTRUCTION’

an Evening with Matts Myhrman and David Eisenberg

Wednesday, August 16, 1995
7:00 PM - 9:00PM Flagstaff City Hall
Flagstaff, AZ, USA

Donations:  $2 NASBN Members
            $3 Non-Members

Northern Arizona Sustainable Building Network (NASBN) is an all
volunteer, not for profit, open membership organization dedicated to 
providing educational programs and resources concerning affordable, 
energy efficient, resource conserving building practices.

Contact NASBN at:   P.O. Box 1951
                    Flagstaff, AZ 86002

         or via :   Paul Doherty
                    (602) 779-6236
                    [email-masked]

Matts Myrman is a co-founder of Out-on-Bale, the internationally 
recognized organization for the straw bale movement.  Located in
Tucson, Out on Bale provides general resources for straw bale building, 
including written materials and videos.  They sponsor workshops all 
over the country on straw bale building and publish _The Last Straw_,
the leading (only?) straw bale building journal.

Contact Out on Bale at: 1037 E. Linden
                        Tucson, AZ  85719

David Eisenberg, a contributing author to _The Straw Bale House Book_, 
is director of the Development Center for Appropriate Technology (DCAT) 
in Tucson.  DCAT is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.  Lately, he has
also been working on developing the Bale Research Advisory Network 
(BRAN), an informal network of people and organizations working on 
research, testing and development of straw bale construction.  David 
has led numerous workshops on straw bale building and has been 
involved with developing building codes for straw bale construction.

Contact DCAT at:  P.O. Box 41144
                  Tucson, AZ 85717
                  [email-masked]