Subject: The Unfeeling Feeling...

From: [email-masked] (Terence Joseph Mallon)
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 1995 15:12:56 +0000

Its a Sunday afternoon in September 1982. I can not recall the days date
or the approximate time, only the space, with its faces, words, sounds,
surfaces and pain. The I/me did not exist then, it was you, us, we, them
and it. Provocation was both a word unheard and unused. An action either
direct or indirect, always shallow - never of depth. A sheltered World. It
took less than a second to fracture the line, the line which usually
limits and then causes the reproduction, now suffered transposition
instead.....a release. I/Me was born, switched on awoke. Confused,
distorted, passionate, the view had changed from being that of a part, to
that of the whole. From one to an other, the clothed to the naked, the
false to the true. The potential for both/and appeared, where one is no
longer governed by the way one is, but lead by the way one feels. Hear me
please, "feel...what you feel." The hand, the nose, the teeth. Their is no
longer a body, just states of mind...just peaces. Where the work is going,
their is no longer a line and that is what the year has all been about. So
many people have life but so few are alive. End closure free. Inside,
outside, the same. The line, the between, can cause the problem, it also
offers the solution, it depends on ones parallax, ones position, ones
choice, ones involvement. Beyond the line, from the line, the invisible,
the in...visible. The relationship between personality and architecture.
The answers are already here, its a matter of going for the quest(ion)s.
The reversal. Assign From Feelings Emotions Constructing Their. My
quest(ion)s have just begun. Their is my architecture. Here is my
architecture. I AM MY ARCHITECTURE. I submit myself to the panel.

I LOVE YOU MUM AND DAD.
TERENCE. J. MALLON.
4th Year.

"This text was written in June 1994 at the end of my 4th Year at the
Architectural Association, School of Architecture, London. I am now ready
to give it to you, whoever 'you' may be. The Unfeeling Feeling."