Subject: Re: Cyborg Citzens

From: Peter Andrew Lopez <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 1996 16:25:59 -0400

Excerpts from netnews.alt.architecture.alternative: 28-Jun-96 Cyborg
Citzens by [email-masked] 
> At this rate that the society views architects, the profession will be
> gone and forgotten in a matter of a few generations.

i wish i could agree with you (because architecture is in the relm of art)

unfortunately the word will linger on for more than a few generations
probably a coupld of decades unless the current group of 'architects'
decides to kill it off or decide to disassociate themselves from the
word 'architecture'.

the first step is too get rid of 'architecture' schools one way of doing
this would be after a student has graduated, sue the school because you
were not able to get a job.  this would start the ball rolling.  it
might be a good thing to eliminate 'architecture' off the planet.  i
would like to see that day.

other questions to ask...
>Cyborg citizens does not give a damn about architecture. All that
>concerns him is the room with a good and fast computer with a well
>linked up system. This is the place that he eat, drink, sleep, work
>and play.
who does care about architecture?  can you really name anyone.  this is
one profession where i don't hear anyone attempting to save it.

with the rooms you inhabit to use your 'fast' computer.  i guess
engineers will make um.  

but don't cyborg citizens give a damn about their P5 architecture.  i've
always found it faciniating that all the new computer chips call their
make up 'architecture'  maybe computer chip programers and creators are
the new architects?

but on the up side...without e-mail and the internet i don't think this
conversation would be happening.  maybe if we promote (of course this is
where it all gets subjective) 'architecture' (i guess it would have to
be what you think is architecture since there is no real defining values
in the field right now)  maybe we could all bring it bad for one big
hurrah...like it's really gone anywhere.  architecture is always in the
background of society.  it's another word in the english language which
really isn't going anywhere because it is a very broad term.

zepol retard

recent graduate 'arch' student  offer me job i work for you!