Subject: NASA Developed "Super Insulation" Now Available to the Public

From: [email-masked] (Ken Loomis)
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 18:09:34 +0800

NASA Developed "Super Insulation" Now Available to the Public

The "Super Insulation" that NASA developed for use in the space program is
now available in quantities that make it affordable for the general
public.  It is a clean, economical alternative to fiberglass.  And unlike
traditional insulation, that merely SLOWS heat transfer, this product
STOPS 97% of the heat, resulting in substantial energy savings.  In the
summer, it keeps unwanted heat out, and in the winter, it keeps desirable
heat in.

This product is available in residential, commerical, and industrial
grades.  It can be used for everything from insulating buildings to
insulating freezers to insulating cold-storage transport containers. 
Wherever there is hot or cold, this product has an application.

For more information, send an e-mail to:

[email-masked]

or, visit our web site at:

http://www.u-b-kool.com/

Thank you,
Ken Loomis

---

From: "Brian A. Rock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 1996 08:03:56 -0800

Ken Loomis wrote:
> STOPS 97% of the heat, resulting in substantial energy savings.  In the  ^^^^^

*** False Claim Alert! ***

Heat transfer can't be stopped, only slowed.  Why not advertise the R or 
U value of the product?  The price would be nice too!

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Brian A. Rock, Ph.D., P.E.        Voice:  (913) 864-3434
The University of Kansas          Fax:    (913) 864-5099
Architectural Engineering Dept.   E-mail: [email-masked]
Marvin Hall                       Home page: http://www.arce.ukans.edu/
Lawrence, Kansas 66045-2222       Rock Chalk, Jayhawk, KU!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Noral D. Stewart" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 1996 09:55:33 -0500

> or, visit our web site at:

We often depend on thermal insulators to also provide acoustical 
absorption to improve the sound insulation of walls.  Does this material 
provide acoustical absorption like fiberglass, mineral fiber, and 
cellulose, or is it more like styrofoam that is acoustically useless?

Noral Stewart