Subject: info on '21st Century House'

From: Eric Hunting <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 23:40:03 -0500

I recently caught a glance at an article in a recent architecture
journal concerning an unusual house design developed at 'Catholic
University'. The house was a project of two professors and their
students which was intended to demonstrate '21st Century' housing
design. What was unusual about the house was its construction primarily
of tubular steel frame, metal panel, and insulated glass. It was also
designed for transportability and used a combination of photovoltaic and
windmill power, an external 'battery shack' being one of the features of
the structure. The article noted that this demonstration house was
intended for show at various museums about the US. Alas, this is about
all the detail this article provided. It did not specifify exactly which
'Catholic University' was the srouce of the project, where in the
country it was initially built, or any specific sites where it was being
shown. I'd appreciate it if anyone familiar with this unusual project
could send me additional information, ideally some contact info for the
project itself.

Thank you,

Eric Hunting

[email-masked]

Your MaNiAs _become_ SCIENCE!