Subject: HotWired Job Openings - SHELTER (alternative housing)

From: [email-masked] (Julie Petersen)
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 1995 11:37:51 -0800

HotWired Job Openings - SHELTER (alternative housing)

HotWired <http://www.hotwired.com> seeks an editorial assistant
and production assistant for SHELTER, a new section
investigating alternative housing solutions. In Shelter, we will
explore the diversity of human dwelling to create a blueprint
for housing for the 21st century. Along the way, we will collect
tools and ideas to share among a community of individuals who
are investigating creative approaches to their living spaces.
All applicants must have a deep curiosity and fascination for
the where and how of human habitat, and be able to discuss their
views and visions in some detail. If you aren't interested in
alternative housing, these jobs aren't for you.

The editorial assistant will work closely with the section
editor to gather, select, edit, write, and format material for
Shelter's content sections and databases. Strong skills and some
editorial experience is essential. The ability to work
independently in a chaotic environment under weekly deadlines is
expected.

The production assistant  will oversee acquisition, production
and formatting of hypermedia material, along with some design
work. Web experience and agility is essential. Familiarity with
Macs, Photoshop, Premiere, and sound editing programs is
strongly preferred. The production assistant will also work
closely with HotWired engineering to develop and maintain
Shelter databases. Information interface and organization skills
are extremely desirable.

Both applicants will play strong roles in the growth of
Shelter. Expect the concept of "position" to grow fuzzy when we
get collective and the ideas fly start flying. If you think you
have something to offer, but it doesn't fit into one of the
above categories...send us a pitch. If you don't want to work
for HotWired - but you have something to contribute, send us
email. If you just want to talk about the weird places you've
lived - we're eager to listen.

These are entry-level positions. Salaries are admittedly low,
but they do get better! And hey, you get to live in San
Francisco and pursue a very cool idea with very cool people.
Send cover letters and resumes (ASCII-only/no attachments),
along with URLs when available to [email-masked].

If you're not interested in working on Shelter, but you are
interested in working at HotWired, send email to
[email-masked] for a complete and up-to-date listing of
all available positions.