Subject: NY Times article about "green" materials?

From: [email-masked] (Robert Roxby)
Date: 4 Apr 1996 17:42:22 GMT

I'm going to renovate a house and am trying to find a New York Times 
article I saw a while (w/in last year or so) about "green" construction 
materials.  Can any of you point me to it, or to similar references?
Thanks, Bob

---

From: Kathy Ging <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 1996 23:58:03 -0800

You might contact the Yestermorrow Center  RR 1  Box 97-5 
Warren Vt  05674 802-496-5545 /802-296-5540 fax; they teach
various bldg alternative processes

Also Environmental Building News -their pub is excellent, and they
have a handy bibliography of books and pubs.
RR 1, Box 161 Brattleboro, VT 05301 tel: 802-257-7300; 257-7304  fax

Products & Information for Energy Independence Since 1978:
Real Goods Trading Corporation, 555 Leslie Street, Ukiah, California,
95482  orders  800-762-7325 [email-masked]
  fax  707-468-9394   http://www/well.com/user/realgood/
  business  707-468-9292

NW Eco-Building Guild 217 Ninth Ave. N Seattle  WA 98109
has a directory and a quarterly journal 206-634-3702 $45 yr
or $20 student

Environmental Building Supplies 1314 NW NORTHRUP Portland  OR 
97209 tel:503-222-3881 fax: 541-222-3756

B. J. Harris, The Harris Directory, Stafford-Harris, Inc.
1916 Pike Pl.  #  705 Seattle, WA 98101 206-682-4042; 206-447-1670
fax. Extensive  list of recycled-content building products & materials, 
updated every 6 mos.  Available for all computer platforms, in database & 
spread-sheet formats. Price includes semi-annual update.  dos or 
mac -$69 database. Shipping additional.

Environmental Construction Outfitters, 44 Crosby St.,  6th Fl New York
NY 10012 212-334-9659; 800-238-5008; 212-226-8084 fax

Carol Venolia, architect, wrote book, Healing Environments and publishes 
newsletter Building with Nature POB 369 Gualala, CA 95445 707-884-4513

ETCETERA! pls. add to this list!

*re-orienting mineral, vegetable, animal and information kindoms*
Kathy Ging POB  11245 Eugene, OR   97440
Secretary of NW Eco-Building Guild, Eugene, OR chapter