Subject: Re: Natural sewage treatment

From: [email-masked] (Bretzel)
Date: 25 Mar 1996 23:31:14 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, Student Two <[email-masked]> says:
>dear nick ,

I'm new to this thread so the information I have may have already been
passed on to you...

A company whose products we use inthe manufacture of passenger railroad 
equipment is Michrophor, inc, P.O. Box 1460, Willits, CA 95490 (707) 459-
5563.  They provide a system of a toilet (stainless steel or porcelan) and 
processing tank made of HDPE plastic filled with redwood bark chips connected
to a smaller cholrine dispensing tank.  The system is sized on basic demand.
Waste and .5 gal water is drained from the bowl to a lower chamber through a 
flapper valve.  After the flapper closes a blast of air moves the waste and 
water to the process tank up to 25 feet away and as much as 30" higher.
In the tank the waste is separated from the water and filtered through
the bark chips.  Biological agents, which happen to come with the waste
degrade the solids.  Eventually everything passes through as a relatively
non-septic water which is completely sanitized by the chlorine.  The draw back
is that the system can handle ONLY solids that have been eaten and tissue.
Anything else entering the system makes it clog up and become septic.

Brett Hall
[email-masked]
www.denver.net/~bretzel/ 

From terry [email-masked] Tue Apr  2 15:24:30 EST 1996
Article: 6506 of alt.architecture.alternative
Path: newz.oit.unc.edu!concert!news-server.ncren.net!news.duke.edu!zombie.ncsc.mil!nntp.coast.net!howland.reston.ans.net!newsfeed.internetmci.com!in2.uu.net!news.cais.net!news.supernet.net!nntp.cntfl.com!news.fsu.edu!freenet3.scri.fsu.edu!usenet.ufl.edu!usenet
From: Terry <terry [email-masked]>
Newsgroups: alt.architecture.alternative
Subject: Re: progressive architects available
Date: 20 Mar 1996 18:29:00 GMT
Organization: University of Florida
Lines: 4
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
NNTP-Posting-Host: cop105.cop.ufl.edu
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 1.22 (Windows; I; 16bit)
To: [email-masked]

To bad you're not in the Gainesville, FL area, I can't seem to find someone 
progressive that is interested in a lower end home project.  If you know of someone 
available in my area please let me know.  Good luck with our move to LA!