Subject: post and beam

From: [email-masked] (SarahS4151)
Date: 2 Sep 1996 19:08:58 -0400

hello
 we would like to build a post and beam home out of our own wood.
i pretty much have the floor plan roughly worked out

how could i find:

someone to do blueprints with my floor plan in post and beam

info on how to cut trees for the timbers

sarah
voice from the wilderness...
   the goats want to be milked

sarah
as far west as the internet gets on the continental u s

---

From: [email-masked] (Joe Pica)
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 1996 03:03:15 GMT

>as far west as the internet gets on the continental u s

Dear Sarah,
I don't know how far west you are located but, chances are there is an
architect located not too far from you.  I suggest you let your
fingers do the walking or, ask a few friends (someone you know - knows
an architect).  

Then, tell them what you want.  Show them your wood (it may not have
sufficient structural value), show them your floor plan.  Hire them.

FYI, blueprints are a developed in a diazo process utilizing a paper
which has an emulsifier on one side.  After exposure to light, the
sheet is re-fed through an ammonia gas mixture which turns the
remaining emulsifier a blue color (although I have also seen green and
pink).  These are typically done utilizing diazo machines (aka
blueprinters) and are sometimes done by large graphic reproduction
firms.  Unfortunately, you need a drawing (and design) on a vellum or
mylar sheet first.  This drawing or design is typical accomplished by
a design professional (or engineer).

Joe