Subject: FS: Architecture Books

From: [email-masked] (Blake Ross)
Date: 10 Sep 1996 21:08:32 GMT

I am pleased to offer the following architecture titles:

Bachmann, Jul, and Von Moos, Stanislaus.  NEW DIRECTIONS IN SWISS
ARCHITECTURE.  128pp.  Prof. illus. in b&w.  George Braziller (New York),
1969.  First Printing.  Very good cloth in poor (creased and torn) dj.  $15

Blaser, Werner. MIES VAN DER ROHE.  203pp.  Prof. illus in b&w.  Praeger
(New York), 1972 revised edition.  Good survey.  Small wraps.  Small 
creases to top of front and back covers and to bottom corner of front cover, 
else good.  $10

Handlin, David P.  THE AMERICAN HOME: ARCHITECTURE AND SOCIETY 1815-1915.
545pp.  Some b&w illus.  Little, Brown, & Company (Boston), 1979.  Wraps.  
Minor highlighting and underlining on a few pages; owner's name on
front free endpaper and top edge, else good clean copy.  $10

Jacobs, Herbert, with Katherine Jacobs.  BUILDING WITH FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT:
AN ILLUSTRATED MEMOIR.  147pp.  Illus. in b&w.  Chronicle Books (San
Francisco), 1978.  Wraps.  Very good+  $18

Johnson, Philip.  MIES VAN DER ROHE.  Third edition, revised.  229pp.  
Prof. illus. in b&w.  Museum of Modern Art (New York), 1978.  
Very good.  $15

Kervick, Francis W.  ARCHITECTS IN AMERICA OF CATHOLIC TRADITION.  140pp.
61 b&w plates.  Charles E. Tuttle Company (Rutland, VT), 1962.  First  
edition.  Very good cloth with scuffing on cover at front hinge; owner's
bookplate / tattered dj.  $10

Libeskind, Daniel.  EXTENSION TO THE BERLIN MUSEUM WITH JEWISH MUSEUM
DEPARTMENT.  Edited by Kristin Feireiss.  138pp.  Prof. illus. in b&w and 
color with photographs and plans.  Ernst & Sohn (Berlin), 1992.  Text in 
English, German, and Hebrew.  Fine wraps.  $15

Mace, Angela.  THE ROYAL INSTITUTE OF BRITISH ARCHITECTS: A GUIDE TO ITS
ARCHIVE AND HISTORY.  378pp.  Few illus.  Mansell (New York), 1986.  Fine
cloth / very good dj with small tear to top of front hinge.  $10

Masello, David.  ARCHITECTURE WITHOUT RULES: THE HOUSES OF MARCEL BREUER
AND HERBERT BECKHARD.  171pp.  Prof. illus. in b&w and color.  W.W. Norton
& Company (New York), 1983.  First edition.  Fine cloth in very 
good+ dj.  $20

Safdie, Moshe.  FOR EVERYONE A GARDEN.  Edited by Judith Wolin.  Unpaginated
[about 350pp.]  Prof. illus. in b&w with photographs, plans, and drawings.
MIT Press, 1974.  Good cloth with some pale staining to cover and foxing on
endpapers.  $15

Schulze, Franz.  MIES VAN DER ROHE: A CRITICAL BIOGRAPHY.  355pp.  219 b&w
illus.  University of Chicago Press (Chicago), 1985.  Fine cloth / very good
dj with slight buckling.  $20

Sharon, Arieh.  KIBBUTZ + BAUHAUS: AN ARCHITECT'S WAY IN A NEW LAND.  267pp.
Prof. illus. in b&w.  Karl Kramer Verlag (Stuttgart) and Massada 
(Israel), 1976.  Large.  Small inscription on title page, else fine cloth/  
very good+ dj with rubbing to corners and two small tears to top of 
back.  Nice volume.  $25

The Architectural League of New York.  EMERGING VOICES: A NEW GENERATION
OF ARCHITECTS IN AMERICA.  128pp.  Prof. illus in b&w with photographs and
plans.  The Architectural League of New York, 1986.  Wraps.  Very good.  $10

Von Eckardt, Wolf.  ERIC MENDELSOHN.  128pp.  Over 80 pages of reproductions
including photographs, plans, and drawings.  George Braziller (New York), 
1960.  Wraps.  Minor scuffing on front cover with small crease at bottom
of book, else very good.  $10

TERMS:
Returnable within 10 days in same condition as received.  Shipping is 
$3 for the first book and $1 for each additional book.  Overseas shipping
billed at cost.  Orders shipped promptly upon receipt of payment.  E-mail
to reserve.

Blake Ross
[email-masked]