Subject: Re: Xanadome info ?

From: [email-masked] (PLonewolf)
Date: 12 Sep 1996 14:51:53 -0400

There is a dome mail list at bit.listserv.geodesic. Also a web search with
just "dome" will give you a good start. There are "lots" of dome home guys
out now that have been in business for 10+ years. Oregon dome comes to
mind but there are others. Hope this helps.
Pierre A. Lonewolf
Lonewolf Communications
KOTZ-AM
Kotzebue, Alaska 99752

---

From: "specter" <[email-masked]>
Date: 13 Sep 1996 16:35:18 GMT

Kevin Kilman <[email-masked]> wrote in article
<[email-masked]>...
> A freind wants to build a dome home and I am trying to find
> a company that used to be called Xanadome.

	I don't know about the actual company, but the Xanadu attraction at
Wisconsin Dells to my best knowledge has been destroyed.  I have seen adds
in the back of Popular Science and Popular Mechanics referring to a company
that makes these Dome homes.  Although economically sound, and after
completed they are earth friendly, I have heard that the materials used to
build these domes are extremely toxic, and super bad for the environment. 
Hope I helped in some way.

---

From: [email-masked] (Terry Egan)
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 22:44:42 -0700

>Hope I helped in some way.

	I also don't recall the Xanadome outfit, but here is a website that has many
manufactories:

	http://www.dnaco.net/~michael/domes/

In opposition to what you have heard, I have heard quite the opposite as regards
toxicity; in fact, many of these company pride themselves on how 'green'
they and their designs are.