Subject: Re: C H E C K T H I S O U T !

From: [email-masked]
Date: 28 May 1995 06:35:00 +0100

--

In article <[email-masked]>,
[email-masked] (Clever Tigress)  wrote:

> F R E E  M O N E Y  a great opportunity.
[20298 Bytes deleted]
> Good Fortune

A copy with full header datas has been posted to [email-masked].
We will see...

## CrossPoint v3.02 ##

---

From: [email-masked] (Clever Tigress)
Date: Sat, 27 May 1995 17:45:47 -0400

#######################################################################
    
    Subj:  $100,000 Mailing List for $10!
This is a cheap, LEGAL way to build a quick list of pro-active people!

########################################################################
   A short while after you begin this program you will realize what
a remarkable money machine this is. Nine days after my sponsor began
advertising on line, he received 32 envelopes. Each sender had
enclosed $5.00. Forty seven days after his first advertisement
appeared on line, the total receipts had risen to $17,654. He ran 15
ads for a two-week period and during that time, sent this file to
168 people. He stopped sending the file after he had received 23
envelopes; each one contained $5.00.

"I've just begun to run the program again and I'm amazed at how
predictable it is. The results appear to be slightly ahead of last
time".

Read the whole report and I'm sure you will want to start building
your list immediately...I sure did!!!

Your only risk in participating in this program is the $10.00 that
you send to the list members and the few dollars that it cost to
advertise and transmit the file to those who respond. You'll get
that back in the first few envelopes. After that...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ... IT'S PURE PROFIT! ... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Remember, the program works because of the honesty of the
participants.

SEND YOUR 6 ENVELOPES (WITH A TOTAL OF $10.00) THE DAY YOU BEGIN THE
PLAN.

WORK THE PROGRAM HONESTLY AND DILIGENTLY AND YOU WILL REAP GREAT
REWARDS.

              GO FOR IT! YOU WILL NEVER REGRET IT!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

You may have seen a MUCH LONGER, LONGER, LONGER
version of this program on-line.  This is the SHORT VERSION!
NO letters needed and very inexpensive to E-Mail.

           DON'T MISS THE BOAT ON THIS ONE.

            IT'S TOO EASY AND THE MONEY'S

                      GREAT.

Before you say no and just hit the old delete button try
thinking about it like this.  You could take a chance and
make alot of money, or you could take the $10 to McDonalds
and grab a burger.  I was one of those, don't get me wrong
today you have to be,then I tried it.

I did all the RIGHT things, such as ADVERTISE, ADVERTISE,
ADVERTISE and before you know it I was paying taxes on alot
more money than in the past.

Basically, it is a list of 10 people who have already decided
paying taxes is alot more enjoyable than eating burgers. They
joined by mailing money to others.  When you join you must mail
out $10 total.  You join by mailing $1 to #1,2,3,4,5 AND mailing
$5 to #10.

You then edit the file to remove the name in #1.  Move all the
other nine names up one spot leaving #10 blank.  Then you add
your name next to #10.  YOU THEN PLACE CLASSIFIED AD'S ON-LINE.
Place your AD's on any BBS that you have access to and you'll
have greater success.

When you get responses, you send them this entire file AS IS.
Since you are then #10 on their lists, they will send you $5
per person that joins.  You then move up to #9.  When others
join after them, you become #8, and so on.

When you reach #5, you will then be receiving $1 from
thousands of people who joined way after you since the list
expands geometrically (see diagram in the SUMMARY at end).

If only two people join after you, you get your $10 back in a
week.  Anything after that is pure PROFIT.

Thousands of people have made BIG money with this program, as
much as hundreds of thousands of dollars in two months!!

DON'T MISS OUT JOIN NOW, just follow the green-brick road!

WHAT IT COSTS:
-------------
It costs $10 to join.

WHAT YOU DO:
-----------
READ THIS FILE COMPLETELY BEFORE USING IT!
It is an EXCELLENT PROGRAM and if you use it, you are agreeing
to ALL the terms in THE AGREEMENT at the end.  Have fun making
LOTS OF MONEY!  I am.

1.  STORE THIS FILE  - described below.
2.  MAIL $10 TOTAL OUT to people on the list - described below.
3.  UPDATE THE LIST - add your name to it as described below.
4.  PLACE ADS ON-LINE.
5.  MAIL THIS FILE VIA E-MAIL - to all responses to your ad.
    until 20 of the responses have JOINED - described below.
6.  WAIT FOR THE MONEY TO ROLL IN - spend it as you wish.

WHAT TO EXPECT:
--------------

1.  YOU WILL RECEIVE $5 FROM EACH PERSON WHO JOINS UNDER YOUR
    NAME.  You get your $10 back IMMEDIATELY as #10 and here's
    the beauty of it...with ONLY TWO PEOPLE joining under you!!
2.  YOU WILL RECEIVE $1 FROM EACH OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE in about 
    two months.

    As each person joins, the names on the list move
    up and when YOUR NAME reaches position #5 you will receive
    $1 from thousands of people who have joined way after you.
    The sooner you join the better.

HIGHLIGHTS:
----------
1.  Investment required:   $10.

2.  Limited distribution:  You will stop sending the file when
                          20 PEOPLE HAVE JOINED IMMEDIATELY UNDER YOU.

3.  Editing prohibited:    You MAY NOT change ANYTHING in this
                           file, other than deleting name #1,
                           moving the names up one and adding
                           your own name as #10.
4.  Upgrading allowed:     You MAY use this file if you
                           currently have any previous versions
                           of the long file BUT YOU MUST STILL
                           PAY #10 the $5 unless you already
                           paid #10 for any other version.

5.  Step-by-step info:     To help newcomers joining.

6.  3-Point Checklist:     To ensure you did everything right.

7.  5-Point Agreement:     a) If you send file out, you agree to all
                           b) If you don't agree, you MAY NOT
                              send out this file to anyone.

                INSTRUCTIONS
                ------------

Welcome to the world of Mail Order!

This home business is a little different than most mail-order
businesses.  Your product is not solid and tangible, but
rather a service.

Basically, you are in the business of developing Mailing Lists.
Many large corporations are happy to PAY BIG BUCKS for quality
mailing lists.

The money YOU WILL MAKE from the mailing lists are secondary to the
income which is made from people like yourself requesting that
they be included in that list.

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:  Get the following SIX items BEFORE starting:
-------------------

1.  6 Envelopes - preferably business size
2.  6 Stamps - 32 cents each
3.  6 Pieces of paper - large enough for one sentence
4.  A Pen
5.  1 $5.00 bill   (U.S. currency)
6.  5 $1.00 bills  (U.S. currency)

When you have stored this entire file, read it, and have
everything you need above, follow the six sections below to begin.
Now, Let's Go!  Isn't this fun?  It should be and you should be
getting very excited at this point.

1)  STORE THIS FILE 

2)  MAIL $10 TOTAL OUT:
    ------------------

DO THESE STEPS IN ORDER:

1. Address six envelopes to the names in the following
   positions:  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10

      NOTE: The last envelope goes to name 10 (TEN)
            (NOT name #6) IS RIGHT!

2. Place a stamp on each envelope.
3. Write the following on each of the six pieces of paper: 
      
       PLEASE ADD MY NAME TO YOUR MAILING LIST.

4. Insert each piece of paper in each envelope.
5. Insert a $1.00 bill in envelopes to: names 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
6. Insert the $5.00 bill in the last envelope to name 10.
7. Seal the six envelopes.
8. Mail the six envelopes.

THIS IS A LEGITIMATE SERVICE THAT YOU ARE REQUESTING.

YOU ARE PAYING $1 FOR THIS SERVICE TO EACH OF #1 - 5,
AND $5 TO #10).

If you did the eight steps above, go to 3 below.  If you have
not done the eight steps above, go back and do them NOW BEFORE
going to step three below!

3)  UPDATE THE LIST AS FOLLOWS:
    --------------------------
    If you have NOT done everything in (2) above you CANNOT
    continue!  Go back to (2) above and AFTER you've done
    EVERYTHING there come back here to this section!

    1. REMOVE the name that appears as #1 on the list.
    2. MOVE the other nine names up one position. (#2 will
       become #1 and #3 will become #2, etc.)     
    3. PLACE YOUR NAME, ADDRESS AND ZIP CODE IN THE #10
       POSITION.

    4.  PLACE ON-LINE ADS:
    -----------------
    It is ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL for you to ADVERTISE ON-LINE and
    to E-MAIL THIS COMPLETE FILE to people responding to YOUR
    advertisements.

    IF YOU DON'T advertise, you CANNOT generate responses AND
    THEREFORE, YOUR name (in the #10 position when you SEND
    the file) will NEVER move up and you will NEVER make
    money!  You  M U S T advertise on-line.  If you advertise
    EXACTLY where you found this advertisement and in other
    CATEGORIES on the bulletin board, you will generate LOTS
    of responses (you REPLIED to my ad didn't you?).

   THE FOLLOWING IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED:

1.  SPACE AND CAPITALIZE YOUR SUBJECT. EXAMPLE:

        N E T W O R K   M A R K E T I N G!

        This separates your ad from the clutter of everyone
        else's (since most people rarely use spaces between
        the letters). The reader will spot your ad because it
        S T A N D S  O U T and will respond.

    2.  USE EYE-CATCHING PHRASES:  F  R  E  E   M  O  N  E  Y
        Who can resist responding to this?  Did YOU?  Make the
        subject irresistible.  Spur the reader's curiosity.

    3.  KEEP THE AD VERY BRIEF: EX: Press REPLY for THE BEST
        easy cash information.  This saves you money in
        advertising.  The shorter the better.  Again, you
        responded and I saved money advertising.  And so will YOU too.

Don't worry about using the exact same ad as the one you
read when you responded to my ad.  You have my permission.
I won't lose anything by it.  If anything, my name will
move that much faster up the list.  So will YOURS, when the
next person to reply to YOUR AD receives the file EASYCA from YOU.

Use this exact same file, BUT YOU MAY NOT ALTER ITS CONTENTS,
FORMAT, STRUCTURE, ETC., IN ANY WAY, MANNER, OR FORM OTHER THEN
TO DELETE THE NAME IN THE #1 POSITION, MOVE ALL THE OTHER NAMES
UP ONE POSITION, AND ADD YOUR OWN NAME IN THE #10 POSITION.

This means:
YOU MAY USE this file, BUT YOU MAY NOT ADD ANYTHING ELSE to it
OR TAKE AWAY ANYTHING ELSE from it OR CHANGE ANYTHING ELSE IN IT.
NOT one DOT.

Why?  Because this file has been thoroughly TESTED, REVISED, and
RETESTED in market studies, and the results indicate that MORE
THAN 98.3% OF THE PEOPLE RECEIVING THIS UNALTERED FILE WILL JOIN!

Any alterations in this file at all, will NOT improve your
response rate and will probably DRASTICALLY REDUCE RESPONSE
RATE FROM 98.3% TO LESS THAN 13%!!

Don't try to reinvent the wheel, it's already been invented
just ROLL with it!

For those of you still skeptical, why do you think there are so
many variations of this file in CIS?  Because they've all been
tried, and revised, and THIS ONE, is the one that EVOLVED from
those, and will PULL IN THE GREATEST RESPONSE.

Go ahead, if you want, try the others, you'll soon see you are
wasting precious time, money and the positive response rate won't
even come CLOSE to THIS one.

5)  MAIL THIS FILE VIA E-MAIL:
    ------------------------
   E-Mail this entire file AS IS when you get responses to
    your on-line ads UNTIL YOU HAVE 20 PEOPLE WHO JOINED under
    you.  NOT everyone who receives the file will join.  But
    most will.  

    HOW TO MAIL THE FILE:
    After you get E-Mail responding to your ad, you need to SEND
    them this ENTIRE FILE AS IS.  Since you already saved it. Just 
    BE SURE TO NOTE THE ID# of the person responding.

6)  WAIT FOR THE MONEY TO ROLL IN:
    -----------------------------
    As soon as people responding to YOUR ads join YOUR list,

    THEY WILL EACH BE SENDING YOU THE $5 bill.  So, for
    example, in a 2-week period, if you get 100 responses to
    join under you, you'll receive 100 x $5 = $500.

    Not bad considering you invested only $10 right!  You may
    get less or LOTS MORE.  At any rate, WHEN ONLY two PEOPLE
    JOIN YOU'LL HAVE YOUR $10 BACK!!  (This will happen A LOT
    SOONER than you think, within a week you'll already be
    EVEN.)

    PLEASE NOTE:  This is a TEAM effort.  Everyone must adhere
    to the rules.  If YOU send out to 500 responses who join,
    you'll make 500 x $5 = $2,500 BUT the list will SLOW DOWN    
    since there will be less people available to join and the
    BIG money is with the $1 bills IN THE LONG RUN, NOT the $5
    bills in the SHORT RUN!

    You WANT to allow others to join UNDER PEOPLE UNDER YOU so
    that the list can FLY!  That's why it is SO IMPORTANT to
    STOP SENDING THE FILE ONCE YOU HAVE 20 PEOPLE WHO SIGNED
    ON IMMEDIATELY UNDER YOU.  HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN TO STOP
    SENDING FILES OUT?  WHEN YOU HAVE RECEIVED 20 $5 BILLS ($100)!  
    Of course you may be receiving plenty of $1 bills
    in the meantime.  That's O.K.  Keep sending files out UNTIL
    you receive 20 $5 BILLS!

    You start at #10 and when your name reaches #5, you will be
    on thousands of lists.  IF YOU DO NOT PUT YOURSELF IN #10,
    YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE THE $5 FROM EACH AND EVERY PERSON YOU
    SEND THIS FILE TO (WHO IS ALSO REQUIRED TO SEND $5. TO #10.
    THAT'S YOU ON THEIR LIST)!

    WITHIN 60 DAYS YOU WILL RECEIVE OVER $50,000.00 IN CASH!!!
    ----------------------------------------------------------

    KEEP A COPY OF THIS FILE FOR YOURSELF so that you can use
    it AGAIN AND AGAIN whenever you need money.  As soon as you
    mail out these letters you are automatically in the mail-
    order business and SOME PEOPLE WILL BE SENDING YOU $1 to be
    placed on your mailing list and THE PEOPLE YOU SEND THE
    FILE TO, WILL BE SENDING YOU $5 to also be placed on your
    mailing list.  This list can then be rented to a mailing
    list broker that can be found in the Yellow Pages for
    additional income on a regular basis.  The list will become
    MORE VALUABLE AS IT GROWS in size.

    This is a service.  This is perfectly legal.  If you have
    any doubts, refer to Title 18, Sec. 1302 & 1341 of the
    postal lottery laws.

NOTE: Make sure you retain EVERY name and address sent to you,
      either on computer or hard copy, but DO NOT discard the
      notes ("Please add my name to your mailing list.") they
      send you.  This is PROOF that you are truly providing a
      service and should the IRS or some other Government
      agency question you, you can provide them with this proof!

                BEGIN LIST OF PARTICIPANTS
                --------------------------
                                
        1.  Ethan C. Allen ($1)
            30225 18th Ave SW
            Federal Way, WA 98023

        2.  Ken Mah ($1)
            1875 Dandini Circle
            San Jose, CA 95128                        
      
        3.  Ken Hanscom ($1)
            24255 PCH #1044
            Malibu, CA 90263-1044

        4.  David Grieshaber ($1)
            462 E. Northwood Ave. Apt. B
            Columbus, OH 43201 

        5.  Fred Ewan ($1)
            909 Keith Avenue
            Spring Lake Heights, NJ 07726
          
        6.  Matthew Jakubiak
            P.O. Box 66
            Hotchkiss, CO 18419     
        
        7.  Endrik Janicke
            349 Ash Ave. #78
            Carpinteria, CA 93013

        8.  M.F. Service
            3021 N.E. 72nd Ave. Suite 965
            Vancouver, WA 98661

        9.  Lane Belling
            Box 0397
            Brown University
            Providence, RI 02912

       10.  Clever Kitty ($5)
            6235 Jamestown Dr.
            Parma, OH 44134

        END LIST OF PARTICIPANTS
        ------------------------

                      SUMMARY
                      -------
1.  FILE this file as EASYCASH or any other name for 
    this very special file.

2.  MAIL $10 TOTAL OUT:  Do the 8 steps in Section 2.

3.  UPDATE THE LIST:     Do the 3 steps in Section 3.

4.  PLACE ADS all over the bulletin boards.  The more the better.
      a. NOTE ID#s of everyone when you get inquiries to your ads.

5.  E-MAIL THIS EXACT FILE TO OTHERS.

6.  WAIT FOR THE MONEY:

    When the $1 bills starts rolling in, in about 4 - 5 weeks,
    be ready for it!  (Don't forget that the $5 bills will
    begin rolling in MUCH SOONER: give it a week, but don't be
    surprised if in 3 - 4 DAYS you start getting them as you
    well should! -- a few days after people you send the file
    to read it and join by sending you $5.)
   If you send the file to 10 people who join, and they all
    send to 10 who join, and those 10 send to 10, etc., this
    is how fast your name will move to #1:

                            DIAGRAM
                            -------

      THEY SEND TO        YOUR #    ON THIS MANY LISTS
YOU SEND TO 10                            10    10
THE $5 ROLL IN:             10             9    100      =$50.00
                           100             8    1000
                          1000             7    10000
                         10000             6    100000
                        100000             5    1000000
THE MONEY ROLLS IN:    1000000             4    10000000 = $$$!!
                      10000000             3    100000000
                     100000000             2    1000000000
                    1000000000             1    10000000000

Now let's get REAL here...YOU'RE NOT going to receive BILLIONS
of dollars despite how good the numbers look.

Why not?  Because, unfortunately, SOME OF YOU are NOT going to
DO IT.  So of course, those won't get ANY money BUT the VAST
MAJORITY OF YOU WILL DO IT (over 98.3% positive response): send
the money and the files out.  YOU WILL DEFINITELY RECEIVE MONEY.

However, no matter how good in theory, sooner or later the process
breaks down so INSTEAD OF RECEIVING BILLIONS OR MILLIONS, you'll
only receive a few thousand or hundred thousand or so.  But at
that point, WHO REALLY CARES?  That's MORE MONEY THAN MOST PEOPLE
MAKE IN A YEAR IN A FULL-TIME JOB!

And when the money finally stops, guess what?, you can do it
ALL OVER AGAIN!!

7.   HAVE FUN depositing the money in your bank account.

                     CHECKLIST
                     ---------
1.  Did you mail $1 to each of #1, 2, 3, 4, 5?
2.  Did you mail $5 to #10 only?
3.  Did you place on-line advertisements?

If you DID ALL of the above, YOU'RE READY to receive responses
and mail this file out and receive money.

If you MISSED ANY OF THE 3 STEPS in the checklist above, DO
THEM RIGHT AWAY so you can begin to receive responses and thus
receive money.

                  THE AGREEMENT
                  -------------

1.  You agree that you will send out a $1 bill to each of the
    names listed in positions #1, 2, 3, 4, 5 AND that you will
    send out a $5 bill to the name listed in position #10 only,
    for a total investment of $10, BEFORE sending this file to
    anyone or posting it on any bulletin board.

2.  You agree to use this file exactly as when you received it
    in accordance with Section 4) Place On-line Ads.  That is,
    you agree you will not alter this file, unless you're merely
    moving the names from positions 1-9 up one position, in
    order, and adding your own name to position #10.

3.  You agree that you will stop sending this file when you have
    20 PEOPLE who JOINED immediately under you so that the names
    can move up MUCH faster so EVERYONE can make money faster.
    Including YOU.

Now if you haven't enrolled, go back to the checklist and DO IT NOW!
Remember...you only use $10 to make $thousands!!!

Good Fortune

---

From: [email-masked] (J. Blustein)
Date: 27 May 1995 22:27:25 GMT

I've notified [email-masked] of this spam.  Please don't
follow it up with a posting.
-- 
Jamie Blustein                                                    <[email-masked]>
    Answers to questions frequently asked in alt.backrubs are available via
    anonymous FTP from rtfm.mit.edu in pub/usenet-by-group/alt.backrubs/faq
           (ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet-by-group/alt.backrubs/faq)

---

From: [email-masked] (Robert Batina)
Date: 28 May 1995 00:36:52 GMT

Clever Tigress ([email-masked]) wrote:

[SCAM DELETED]

:         4.  David Grieshaber ($1)
:             462 E. Northwood Ave. Apt. B
:             Columbus, OH 43201 

Oh man.. it pains me to see that some guy in my own city is part of this 
crappy scam...    I think at least one of the people reading that 
original guy's post should just e-bomb the hell out of him.  Maybe he will 
get the point we don't need his crap in our group...

But, I gues with the thousands of dollars he will be making, he wouldn't 
care if his e-mail got clogged up for a few days.  <G>

--
 _____________________________________________________________________
|                     |                                               |_
|   Robert J Batina   |    Also known as 'Roberto' around the net.    | |
|---------------------|  Check out my "Stuff For Sale" online ads at: | |
| [email-masked] |        http://www.infinet.com/~rbatina        | |
|_____________________|_______________________________________________| |
  |_____________________________________________________________________|

---

From: [email-masked] (Cecil J. Vance, Jr.)
Date: 28 May 1995 02:23:57 GMT

> care if his e-mail got clogged up for a few days.  <G>

I already posted the info concerning this post in
news.admin.net-abuses.misc.  Someone should cancel the post.

************************************************************************

"I'd rather push a Ford than drive a Chevy."--from a hat
"A country boy can survive."--Hank Williams, Jr.
"Montani semper liberi."--state motto of WV
"Where you goin', city boy?"--Primus, "My Name Is Mud"
"Growing up among some of the oldest mountains in the world and
stunning natural beauty has got to be one of the best experiences of
childhood."--Christa Franklin ([email-masked])
Cecil J. Vance, Jr., loner, rebel, Appalachian
************************************************************************

---

From: [email-masked] (Robert Schuh)
Date: 29 May 1995 19:53:34 GMT

In <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Michael J. Motal)
writes: 
>
>John A. Stanley ([email-masked]) wrote:
>: In article <[email-masked]>,
>: [email-masked] wrote:
>: > --
>: > 
>: > In article <[email-masked]>,
>: > [email-masked] (Clever Tigress)  wrote:
>: > 
>: > > F R E E  M O N E Y  a great opportunity.
>: > [20298 Bytes deleted]
>: > > Good Fortune
>: > 
>: > A copy with full header datas has been posted to
[email-masked].
>: > We will see...
>
>: And had you actually read that full header you would have seen
>: that the header was forged.
>
>: --
>: John A. Stanley                      [email-masked]
>
>The correct source of the most is:
>
>database-mac.oai.org
>
>Mail your complaints to the postmaster there.
>-- 
>======================================================================
======
>[email-masked]
>
>T6C8L2s hl d- a- w-- c+ yk+ s- m1 m2 q-
>======================================================================
======

Do you people not see that continuing to put posts up regarding this
situation is doing nothing but prolonging its life? If you see shit
like this ignore it!!! Constantly saying your are going to be little
tattle tails to his server does nothing but give this shit more life.
IGNORE IT!!!!!!!!!

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Robert Schuh)
Date: 29 May 1995 06:32:28 GMT

Why do you people get so bent over some stupid crap like this? Just
ignore it. You waste too much time and energy worrying about other
people and their ctap!

---

From: [email-masked] (John A. Stanley)
Date: 28 May 1995 09:43:25 -0400

And had you actually read that full header you would have seen
that the header was forged.

--
John A. Stanley                      [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Mac McDougald)
Date: Sat, 27 May 1995 22:15:20 eastern

>original guy's post should just e-bomb the hell out of him.

  Mailing address invalid...I, like some others, complained to postmaster at 
netcom, so let's just drop it (and sorry 'bout this follow, even)..

>>>>>>   Mac McDougald ([email-masked] or [email-masked])
"Things are more like they are now than they've ever been before."