Subject: Starting alt.architecture.theory newsgroup

From: [email-masked] (EVANANDA)
Date: 27 Jan 1996 05:35:12 -0500

Since there is no place for discussion of architectural theory by
architects, students, and interested laypersons; and since I have been
reading various threads in this newsgroup re: starting
alt.architecture.theory,  I am wondering who else would be interested. 

I  have access to a major edu server, and I will begin official posting of
RFDs (Request For Discussion) in the next week to ten days. 

What I would like some input on is if the group should be moderated or
unmoderated. My own preference is for a moderated group; to keep it on
track. 

I am willing to moderate it for at least the next couple years. If the
group is moderated trash postings will be thrown out, and people asking
about what kind of stain they should use will be politely directed to the
right place. I think that this approach is needed; because if
alt.architecture.theory does attract alot of architects, then the general
population will come in seeking free advice. The purpose here is to
establish a newsgroup for discussion of all serious aspects of
architecture, theory, modernism, post-modernism, post-post-modernism,
urbanism, design, tall buildings, international, etc...

To keep this discussion going, post your messages to this subject. If you
want to help, (there actually has to be a vote to create a newsgroup),
e-mail me.

Evan Rofheart
[email-masked]