Subject: Architecture and Lucid dreaming webpage

From: Nicole Hammond <[email-masked]>
Date: 12 Apr 1996 11:50:40 GMT

Greetings

I am a student at the school of Architecture at Kingston University,
and I would like to show you the results of a project I have done
involving lucid dreaming.

Please take a look and tell me what you think.

http://www.king.ac.uk/~ac_s066/nicole/start.htm

Cheers

Nicole Hammond

---

From: Peter Ireland <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 1996 23:49:54 +0100

In article <[email-masked]>, Nicole Hammond
<[email-masked]> writes
>Please take a look and tell me what you think.
Fascinating - for a long time I've been thinking that architects need to
get to grips with virtual environments properly and realise that this
can be more than a medium for reproducing 3D reality. You seem to be
tackling that - no wonder that your visitors have trouble understanding
it. In some ways there is a great irony in a project conceived and
created as hypertext being perceived in a series of 2D drawings -
inevitably at low resolution. After all how do you draw some of the
highly abstract concepts you are dealing with? That said your collage
and crayon technique does a pretty good job. 

I'm intrigued to know how it wss received - I can imagine severe
reservations over your interpretation of reality, though your appraisal
of it as seen from university rings bells. I recall justifying
apparently arbitrary decisions on my final projects on the basis of the
amount I could learn from them in 'my last chance to design a building
that wouldn't get built', only to be reminded that most of my future
work would fit that category.

Since unbuilt buildings seems to be the future for most of us it will be
interesting to see a future develop for building types not designed for
any conventioanl form of construction.
-- 
Peter Ireland