Subject: ?: Recycled / High-tech materials?

From: [email-masked] (Rob-L)
Date: 13 May 1995 07:16:29 GMT

I have heard of an organization called The Center for Resourceful 
Building Technology, that publishes a buyer's guide listing companies 
which sell recycled or otherwise interesting and unusual building materials.
 
How do I get a copy?  Are they on the net?

---

From: [email-masked] (DDarrelD)
Date: 26 May 1995 21:01:30 -0400

With a non-profit call Architects/ Designers/ Planners for Social
Responsibility, I'm working on a resource guide to building materials that
are considered better than others based on resource use, toxicity,
pollution,
local production ... We're aiming generally for the West Coast, but
include much that is nationall.  One of the major conclusions we've come
to is that petroleum-based materials are a very bad habit that we
need to break.  We've also just received a substantial grant to allow us
to focus on recycled materials.

Our guide now has over 600 listings, as well as information sheets on
specific areas (like paint, roofing, wood, concrete...)
 
We're trying to get the information out & to get feedback especially. 
Currently we're asking $10 for the paper version and $5 for the diskette
(filemakerPro & word for windows format)

Darrel DeBoer
Architects/ Designers/ Planners for Social Responsibility
PO Box 9126
Berkeley CA  94709-0126
510-273-2428