Subject: Energy Conservation JV Opportunity

From: [email-masked] (Robert Odynski)
Date: 31 Jul 1995 00:11:02 GMT

Do you know decision makers in industrial plants, manufacturing plants, 
large commercial buildings, power plants, or Government? If so, all 
parties can make great profits and help the local environment with my 
ETI programme. I have 20 years experience on over 2500 projects. 
This works great and everybody wins.

I use unique computer software that helps determine the Economic
Thickness of Insulation (ETI). Relevant data such as ambient
temperature, cost per energy unit, process temperature, and
insulation cost are input into the computer. The results of the ETI
computation are used to determine the optimal insulation thickness
and design, the energy cost savings, the length of time to pay back
the insulation cost, and  the resulting energy savings and emission
reductions. 

The following is an abbreviated example of ETI insulation in the
lower mainland of BC in 1995, based on BC Gas energy costs, union
labour to install insulation, and quoted in Canadian Dollars:

ETI INSULATION PROJECT #BC-075-100: 1995 BC NATURAL GAS RATES, 610 LINEAL
METRES OF UNINSULATED 50 MM PIPE OPERATING AT 150 DEGREES CELSIUS, PIPES 
ARELOCATED INSIDE A 20 DEGREE CELSIUS HEATED BUILDING. IT COST $8,200.00 
TO INSULATE THE PIPES TO ETI STANDARDS. THE ENERGY COST SAVINGS AFTER 
INSULATING WILL BE $1,930.00 PER MONTH. MY FEE IS 25% OF THE FIRST 12 
MONTHS OF ENERGY COST SAVINGS. THE TOTAL TIME TO PAY BACK THE INSULATION 
COST AND MY FEE WILL BE 7.25 MONTHS WORTH OF ENERGY COST SAVINGS. 
THE LIFE EXPECTANCY OF THE PROCESS SYSTEM IS 25 YEARS. THE TOTAL ENERGY 
COST SAVINGS OVER 25 YEARS RESULTING FROM ETI INSULATION WILL BE $579,000.00. INCREASES IN THE COST OF NATURAL GAS OVER
THE 25 YEAR PERIOD AND FUTURE VALUE OF MONEY HAVE BEEN EXCLUDED FROM THIS
CALCULATION.

For many years after the ETI insulation is installed, it is earning a
profit by saving money that would otherwise be spent on wasted
energy. Uninsulated systems provide the largest and fastest payback
when ETI insulation is installed. However, research shows that many
systems with existing insulation also provide large and fast paybacks
when insulation is upgraded to ETI standards.

OVERVIEW OF HOW MY ETI INSULATION PROGRAMME WORKS

1. I visit the plant to get the information required to do an ETI
report. The report will describe the potential energy cost savings,
payback periods, emission reductions, and bottom line profits
available with ETI insulation. Systems, pipes, and equipment will be
listed individually so that items with the best paybacks can be
identified and acted upon first. There is no cost for this report and
no obligation to proceed further. Plant engineers are welcome to
verify the accuracy of the report.

2. If it is decided to proceed with my ETI programme, my fee would be
25% of the first year of estimated energy cost savings resulting from
installing the ETI insulation. The estimate of energy cost savings
would be a mutually agreed amount based on the ETI report. The energy
cost savings in the fee calculation would be limited to the savings
achieved by installing the ETI insulation. For example, if there was
an additional 1" of ETI insulation installed over existing
insulation, the fee calculation would be based on the savings
achieved by the additional 1" of insulation only. The ETI report
provides the information required to make the fee calculations.

Full financing for material may be arranged and worker training to 
install insulation can be provided if required. Projects in developing 
countries may find this interesting.

Please reply if interested in a mutually beneficial JV:

Robert Odynski
Richmond, B.C., Canada
[email-masked]

(I will respond to you after Aug 6)