Subject: best solar collector plate material and bonding methods

From: [email-masked] (Ken)
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 02:05:07 GMT

I am contructing a solar collector and am trying to decide on the best type
of material for the absorber plate: copper or aluminum? Also, what is the
best method of bonding the copper liquid lines to the aborber plate for best
transmission of energy?

---

From: [email-masked] (Murray Tracey)
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 12:28:57 +1200

> best method of bonding the copper liquid lines to the aborber plate for best

I don't know which is best, but I do know that you always increase the
potential problems when you bond dissimilar metals together.  Some
manufacurers do this, (bond dissimilar metals) but if you pipes are copper
it probably would be less problem to use copper collector.

Just my .02
-Murray

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Murray Tracey                         Phone:  64-7-838 4243
Information & Technology Services     Fax:    64-7-838 4668
Waikato University, Hamilton, N.Z.    email:  [email-masked]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~