Subject: Solar Oven

From: Gene Bearer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 19:59:35 -0400

I am looking for directions for having students make a solar oven in
which to cook from as a class project.  Please forward many information
that may help me to<[email-masked]>  Thanks!!  Gene

---

From: [email-masked] (Marvin Hamon)
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 22:38:02 -0700

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] says...
> that may help me to<[email-masked]>  Thanks!!  Gene

I would recommend "Cooking with the Sun" by Beth Halacy and Dan Halacy. 
It gives a good background in how solar ovens work and instructions on 
building simple ovens that I think would work out well for a class 
project. It even covers cooking tips and gives recipes.

I also found quite a few web sites with information on solar ovens when I 
did a search on one of the web search engines.

I hope this helps.

Marvin Hamon
[email-masked]