Subject: UV window glazing without Low E

From: William R Stewart <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 May 1996 13:17:11 -0400

Does anybody know of a window supplier that sells windows with only the
UV protection?  I am in the final decision stages for a passive solar 
house design and I want to protect my family and furniture from the 
harmful effects of UV radiation without the penalty of reduced 
insolation through the windows, which low-E would impose.

Thanks,

Will Stewart

---

From: [email-masked] (Patrick Salsbury)
Date: 09 May 1996 00:09:17 GMT

In article <[email-masked]> William R Stewart <[email-masked]> writes:

-From: William R Stewart <[email-masked]>
-Newsgroups: alt.solar.thermal
-Date: Tue, 07 May 1996 13:17:11 -0400
-
-Does anybody know of a window supplier that sells windows with only the
-UV protection?  I am in the final decision stages for a passive solar 
-house design and I want to protect my family and furniture from the 
-harmful effects of UV radiation without the penalty of reduced 
-insolation through the windows, which low-E would impose.
-
-Thanks,
-
-Will Stewart

	If I'm not mistaken, ALL windows provide UV shielding. UV doesn't pass
through glass. No extra glazing needed. If you're not looking for some sort of
IR protection or anything like that, then a single pane of standard glass will
probably do the trick.

	Anyone care to confirm or deny this?

--
Pat
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
	  Patrick Salsbury 	                            SCO
	Voice: 408-427-7076	                     400 Encinal Street 
        email: [email-masked]		            Santa Cruz, CA 95060
  http://seneca.sco.com/pat.html		     FAX: 408-429-1887