Subject: desalinization

From: jim chrislock <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 1996 17:30:56 GMT

Does anyone know anything about solar desalinizaation?

---

From: [email-masked] (Nick Pine)
Date: 4 May 1996 14:29:56 -0400

>Does anyone know anything about solar desalinizaation?

Yes. Try looking in Duffie and Beckman's _Solar Engineering of Thermal
Processes_, 2nd edition, 1991, pages 657-662, which describe this as more
of an economic than a technical problem, using long trenches covered
with sloped glass or plastic glazing to distill at most about 2 lb of
water per square foot of glazing per day by having the water condense
on the underside of the glazing and run back down into a gutter.

Nick

---

From: [email-masked] (Gerhard Beinlich)
Date: 14 May 1996 19:28:53 GMT

Re: desalinization

Sorry, what does "desalinization" means?

ciao

Gerd