Subject: no-cost heating & cooling

From: [email-masked] (user3)
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 16:14:39 -0500

I am currently involved in a research project to determine the efficacy 
of geothermal heating and cooling for residential applications.  My 
background is in law/business.  I have read significant theoretical 
discussions regarding solar, geothermal, and wind power applications. I 
have been unable to locate any reports of practical applications and the 
results.  Does anyone have any personal experience which they would share 
concerning methods of implementation, problems encountered, and results 
obtained?   
-- 
Michael W. Cummins
[email-masked]

Researching new methods to cut our dependence on 
fossil fuels.

---

From: Raymond Bahm <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 22:18:57 -0600

user3 wrote:

>  Does anyone have any personal experience which they would share
This is not personal, but I have heard reports about several projects
of greatly differing sizes.  The Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory has
drilled a borehole near their facility in Northern New Mexico and done
research on the heated water and steam which returns when water is
pumped
down the hole.  You might find some reports in their library.

I seem to recall that the most common problem with geothermal systems
is the disolved minerals which precipitate out in the piping of the
systems, ultimately clogging things.
-- 
Ray Bahm  --  [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 17 Sep 1996 19:13:36 GMT

Raymond Bahm ([email-masked]) wrote:
: user3 wrote:
: > snip

test reply please disregard. thanx 
qj