Subject: Re: Venting a dryer indoors

From: "Marc O'Brien" <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Nov 1996 00:47:51 GMT

Sounds like an excellent Builtong machine :-)

Phil E. Tuma <[email-masked]> wrote in article
<[email-masked]>...
: A dehumidification dryer is the best way to dry clothes. Such a
system 
: uses a heat pump that can run at up to 230F.  Hot air from the
condenser 
: picks up moisture from the clothes.  This moist air then passes
over the 
: evporator where it is condensed and drained.  The air then
completes the 
: loop.  You'll note that the system completely recovers the latent
heat of 
: the moisture and so requires only about 40% of the energy of a 
: conventional system.  In fact, a dehumidification dryer can run on
a 
: standard 110V outlet.

Would you have to ensure a degree of ventilation preventing heat of
compression continually raising the chamber temperature which might
raise sat evap temp closer to dew point ?

-- 
Marc O'Brien

Industrial refrigeration mechanic

---

From: [email-masked] (Bert Menkveld)
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 10:20:48 LOCAL

In article <[email-masked]> James Staber <[email-masked]> writes:
>From: James Staber <[email-masked]>
>Subject: Re: Venting a dryer indoors
>Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 07:29:58 -0500

>I presume you're talking about the European condensing dryers.  Have you 
>seen any exported to the US?  Biggest problem I would be aware of is 
>capacity just as with their washers.

Well, that's a matter of your perceived "need" for capacity.  It does not seem 
to me that people in Europe necessarily have a lesser need for drying lots of 
clothes at a time than we in North America do.

BTW, our clothes dryer consists of a drying rack -- not as fast, but lots of 
capcity!  :)

--
Bert Menkveld

---

From: [email-masked] (Tim Jebb)
Date: 2 Dec 1996 13:35:00 GMT

>>I presume you're talking about the European condensing dryers.  Have 
you 

The only condensing dryers I've seen are ones which use cold water, and 
are in fact combination washer-dryers. However, I've not been looking 
very hard, not knowing that such beasts exist except in my imagination. 
Can you actually buy them?

>clothes at a time than we in North America do.

Not true. It's well known that Americans sweat more than we do :-)

---

From: Line Diana Blytt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 1996 10:09:03 +0100

Tim Jebb wrote:
>The only condensing dryers I've seen are ones which use cold water, >and are in fact combination washer-dryers. However, I've not been >looking very hard, not knowing that such beasts exist except in my >imagination. Can you actually buy them?

> >Well, that's a matter of your perceived "need" for capacity.  It does > >not seem
> >to me that people in Europe necessarily have a lesser need for drying > >lots of clothes at a time than we in North America do.

> Not true. It's well known that Americans sweat more than we do :-)

I don´t know what you can buy in thee US but in Norway the condensing 
dryers I belive have half of the marked. They have been for sale at 
least 5-10 years and are not too expensive either. A full 
washer-machine, about 4-5 kg dry clothes, takes about 2 hours to dry and 
"produce" desilised water in a container which you have to empty. On hot 
summer dayes it is not so efficient. It produces heat (not wapour) so a 
closed  small room isn´t a ideal placement. In winter time the condense 
dryer works very good and the heat is a welcome side-effect.

Line Diana Blytt

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 96 16:41:49 PDT

we manufactor dryers based on refrigeration cycle.the 
capacity is from 10 liter per day up to 42 liter per day
and it used in u.k and new-ziland. if you want more 
details then e-mail me

amitsur levy-israel