Subject: Solar housing

From: [email-masked] (Doveknives)
Date: 14 Aug 1996 14:05:16 -0400

I am very interested in the Earth Ship or burm/underground housing ideas
and want to learn more about these.  It is my goal to live free of grid
for the electric needs of my house and possibly my machine/blacksmithing
shop.  Hope to move from a small town on the Colorado plains, where I run
my business, into the country to become more self-sufficient in general. I
you have any advice in these matters, I would greatly appreciate your
imput.  Have been reading Home Power magazine and find it very helpful. 
If you know of other publications, please advise.  

Thanks, S.R.

---

From: "Charlie Varner" <[email-masked]>
Date: 16 Aug 1996 05:08:53 GMT

Doveknives <[email-masked]> wrote in article
<[email-masked]>...
> I am very interested in the Earth Ship or burm/underground housing ideas

a great design guide is in print from the University of Minnesota - Earth
Sheltered Housing Design.