Subject: DON'T SHOP AT CIRCUIT CITY

From: [email-masked] (Cary )
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 08:19:40 GMT

WHY YOU SHOULD NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM CIRCUIT CITY

I was looking for a new computer earlier this year.  Since I was a
loyal customer
of Circuit City, I bought a name brand computer from them at their
Lafayette, Louisiana location. 
 It was a $2,600.00 system with a 166mhz Pentium, internal Zip drive,
battery back-up power supply, etc.

Well, unfortunately, there was a problem.  The sound card was
defective.  I tried 
to get the problem worked out with the manufacturer, but the part was
on back-
order.  Eventually, I brought the system back to Circuit City and
exchanged it for
an identical system.  

The new system had a problem with the modem.  I was disgusted.  After
7 days,
I returned this system.  Circuit City refused to accept the return.
"Why?" you
ask?  Because they say I violated their product return policy.
Circuit City says
that you must return any computer within 14 days if you expect a
refund.  I 
pointed out that I only had this system for 7 days.  "Ahhh, but we
have to go 
by the date you purchased the original(defective) system, not the date
you
took possession of the second system."  

I appealled to the manager of the store, Kevin Harrington.  But he
said the same
thing.  He added, "We're just gonna put this system on the shelf for
you with your
name on it.  You can come get it whenever you want!"  I then called
their Consumer
Affairs Department at 1-800-251-2665.  I got the same run around from
them.  But I also
got referred to Dave Walker, a supervisor, at 1-800-399-2565 ext 6035.
He was also no
help.  It was the same run around.

Dave did give me the  of the District Manager, Mr. Gary Bivens.  It is
2421 Veterans 
Memorial Blvd., Kenner, LA  70062.  Mr Bivens echoed the same
responses that I
have heard from the beginning.

So, you can see, Circuit City does not stand behind their products.
Their trying to 
steal $2,600.00 from me(they still have the computer, plus it is no
longer state-of-the-
art).  Please don't trust them.  I am really sorry that I did.  

Cary