Subject: Looking for a DC motor

From: [email-masked] (Raul Almquist)
Date: 6 May 1996 06:28:55 GMT

I have need of a DC motor to replace an AC motor in a cloths dryer, if 
anyone knows where such motors can be located please let me know.

  I have a cloths dryer with a dead AC motor in it, I took it up to my 
property recently, hooked up a 4'x 8' solar air heater via a duct control 
shunt to it, to provide the drying heat as needed, now I need to be able 
to get the drum a'moving to dry the cloths, this should work out pretty 
well, but am stumped on the DC motor.  I have checked thru our company's 
resources, but to date, nada...  anyone?

  Too many large furry animals around the property who love playing with 
things that are not 100% attended to by a human, so I need to have a 
dryer to get things dried out properly without rents and muddy paw prints 
all over them.:)

---

From: aor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 May 1996 23:30:41 -0400

There is a store in Gaithersburg MD (Oakmont Ave) which must have
3,000 motors listed in their catalog.  Give them a try.  The name
is "Grainger's".

Al