Subject: Solar Rights

From: [email-masked] (Neftali Soto)
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 1996 22:04:20 GMT

I'm not sure if this would be the right group to check, but, could
anybody point me in the right direction to find info. in connection
with property owners solar rights. 
My concern is that a building is planned next to a friend's house and
he believes that shadow from the building may affect the solar energy
effects on his house (especially during the winter).  If anybody knows
about any state, federal or local law (or any case precence on that
respect) it would be greatly appreciated.  Private e-mail welcomed.
N. Soto, Connecticut 
******************************************
Neftali Soto, LLB District 11, Connecticut
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
http://q.continuum.net/~nefsoto/ltleague.htm
**********************************************

---

From: Raymond Bahm <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 1996 11:18:20 -0600

> respect) it would be greatly appreciated.  Private e-mail welcomed.
Solar Rights laws tend to be local -- city or state level, I don't
know of any such national laws.  Contact the NortEast Sustainable
Energy Association (NESEA) .
try:
Northeast Sustainable Energy Association
23 Ames Street
Greenfield, MA 01301
413-774-6051
Fax: 413-774-6053
-- 
Ray Bahm  --  [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (PGOSUN)
Date: 10 Sep 1996 15:12:06 -0400

You could also call the Boulder Energy Conservation Center at
303-441-3278.  They could certainly put you in touch with the right person
in the city.  We have solar rights laws here.

Pamm