Subject: October Photovoltaic Workshop, Woodstock, NY

From: Laurie Loeb <[email-masked]>
Date: 13 Aug 1996 06:52:21 GMT

A Photovoltaic Design and Installation Workshop will be held near 
Woodstock, NY, October 14 - 19. Offered by Solar Energy International 
(SEI) as part of their 1996 RENEWABLE ENERGY EDUCATION PROGRAM (REEP), 
the workshop will teach you how to use solar energy to produce your own 
electricity through practical design and installation of photovoltaic 
(PV) systems.

Participants in the PV Design & Installation workshop learn how to use PV 
(photovoltaic) technology to produce their own electricity from the sun 
through practical design and installation of PV systems.  Participants 
learn system sizing, site analysis, hardware specification and component 
selection.

The workshop covers typical applications and case study examples.  
Participants will install an operational system in the field and learn 
the proper use of tools and safety precautions.  This workshop is for the 
beginner who wants to use PV, owner-builders, people seeking careers as 
solar professionals or seeking employment in the solar industry, and 
people wanting to work in developing countries.

Topics Include:

* Basics of Electricity            
* Solar Site Analysis             
* Stand-Alone Applications
* PV System Components            
* Energy Efficient Appliances     
* Component Specification         
* Safety Procedures & Code

Other Activities Include:

* Tours of PV Residences 
* Laboratory Exercises
* Hands-on Installation

The workshop will be held from 9 am to 5 pm daily October 14 - 19.  The 
all-inclusive fee is $550.  For logistics and more information, call the 
workshop co-sponsor, Sun Mountain, at 914-657-8096.  

For general information and registration, contact:

Solar Energy International
PO Box 715
Carbondale, CO 81623-0715
Tel: (970) 963-8855
FAX: (970) 963-8866
E-mail: [email-masked]
http://www.crest.org/renewables/sei/

SEI is a non-profit 501(c)3 educational organization whose mission is to
encourage the practical use of renewable energies through education and 
technical assistance.