Subject: Nontoxic Construction Wkshp, Aspen, CO September

From: Laurie Loeb <[email-masked]>
Date: 18 Aug 1996 19:14:32 GMT

BUILDING FOR HUMAN HEALTH: Closing the Door on Toxic Construction
A workshop sponsored by SOLAR ENERGY INTERNATIONAL

September 27 - 30, 1996 in Aspen, Colorado

********  What homeowners, builders, architects and consumers 
need to know about the homes they live in or want to build.**********

An alert to the health hazards of standard building methods and 
materials, this colloquium investigates alternatives to toxic 
construction.  This unique presentation highlights the integration of 
environmentally sound building with construction techniques that promote 
human health.

This colloquium was designed in collaboration with people who have been 
injured and disabled by chemical exposures.  Knowing the value of an 
unpolluted environment, they seek to prevent unnecessary illness in 
others.

* Be alerted to health hazards of standard building practices and 
products.

* Learn alternatives to toxic construction.

* Integrate "green" building with construction techniques that promote 
human health.

* Learn time-honored approaches to integrating people, buildings and the 
natural environment.

* Create a living environment that nourishes human spirit, vitality and 
health.

Presenters Include:

Paula Baker
John Bower
Erica Elliott, M.D.
Cedar Rose Guelberth
Susan Molloy
Cecil Smith
Carol Venolia
Panther Wilde

Place: This colloquium will be sponsored by SOLAR ENERGY INTERNATIONAL 
and will be held at the Aspen Center for Environmental Studies in ASPEN, 
COLORADO

Schedule:	Friday, September 27   	7 pm - 9 pm    
	Saturday, September 28	9 am - 9 pm
		(includes potluck dinner 5 - 7 pm)
	Sunday, September 29		9 am - 5 pm
	Monday, 	September 30	9 am - 5 pm	

Costs:	Friday evening		$10
	Friday, Saturday, Sunday	$250
	Monday			$100
	Friday - Monday		$325

* The colloquium will adhere to a fragrance-free policy *

Please send us your mailing address so that we can mail you a complete 
schedule and registration form.

For more information and registration, contact:

Solar Energy International
PO Box 715
Carbondale, CO 81623-0715
Tel: (970) 963-8855
FAX: (970) 963-8866
E-mail: [email-masked]
http://solstice.crest.org/renewables/sei/

SEI is a non-profit 501(c)3 educational organization whose mission is to
encourage the practical use of renewable energies through education and 
technical assistance.