Subject: Low-Cost solar collectors - Info request

From: [email-masked] (Richard Magee)
Date: 10 Oct 96 16:47:00 -0700

I would like to build a solar heat system for my home. If anyone 
has information on where I might get plans to build or purchase Low 
Cost Solar collectors.
  I Live in Boston, Massachusetts and would like to supplement our 
home heating system.

                           Rick Magee
                           [email-masked]

---

From: Chuck Marken <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 16:55:29 -0600

>   I Live in Boston, Massachusetts and would like to supplement our

Rick, You should consider used liquid collectors. We have many sizes
available, 4' x 8' being the most popular. They run about 150 to $200
ea. depending on brand and condition. This is 1/2 to 1/3 the price of
new collectors. Check out our site at http://www.rt66.com/aaasolar or
e-mail [email-masked] with a snail mail address for a free catalog,
poatage free in the USA and Canada, $5 everywhere else.

Chuck

---

From: [email-masked] (Howard Walker)
Date: 13 Oct 1996 01:19:23 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] says...
>  I Live in Boston, Massachusetts and would like to supplement our 

Go to your local library and check out, "Ted Lucas....Low cost Solar 
Heating."  He wrote some damn good stuff in the late 70's - early 80's.
He is the one that got me thinking about solar heating for my pool.

Howard Walker

---

From: James W Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 09:04:04 -0700

Howard Walker wrote:
> Howard WalkerCheck the Solar Topic on my homepage for a summary of a similar system.

   http://homepage.twd.net/jimsspot/index.htm

Might help to evaluate the proposals

    --JB