Subject: Architecture + Energy Awards Program, Pacific NW

From: [email-masked] (Jeff Jansen)
Date: Thu, 23 May 96 04:21:37 GMT

A N N O U N C I N G 

------------------------------------------
ARCHITECTURE + ENERGY Awards Program
------------------------------------------
   of the
   Portland, Oregon Chapter of the
   American Institute of Architects (AIA)

DESCRIPTION
----------------------------------------------------------------
   The 1996 awards program, ARCHITECTURE + ENERGY: BUILDING 
   EXCELLENCE IN THE NORTHWEST, recognizes design excellence in 
   buildings that utilize energy-efficient technology. This 
   program is open to nonresidential buildings in Idaho, 
   Montana, Oregon, and Washington. 

CALL FOR ENTRIES
----------------------------------------------------------------
   Call for Entry packets will be available in May 1996. 
   Submission deadline is Friday, June 14, 1996 at 5:00 PM 

   To request an entry packet, send your Name, Firm name, 
   Mailing address, Phone number, and Email address to: 

        ARCHITECTURE + ENERGY
        Attn: Robyn Cooper-Olson
        AIA Portland
        315 SW Fourth Avenue
        Portland OR 97204
        503.223.8757
        503.220.0254 fax
        email: [email-masked] 

   NOTE: We can not email you a Call for Entry Packet, so if 
   you email us your request, be sure to include your "regular" 
   mailing information. 

   Also, look for more information about ARCHITECTURE+ENERGY
   at http://www.teleport.com/~aiapdx.

JURORS
----------------------------------------------------------------
   Jurors for the 1996 ARCHITECTURE+ENERGY program are: 

   o  Arthur Erickson, Hon. FAIA, FRAIC, ARCA, MRIBA
      Vancouver, BC, Canada 
  
   o  Harry T. Gordon, FAIA
      Principal at Burt Hill, Washington, DC 
  
   o  Jerry A. Bancroft, AIA
      Professor of Architecture, Montana State University 
  
   o  Kevin R. Hydes, PE
      a Vice President of Keen Engineering Co. Ltd.,
      North Vancouver, BC, Canada 
  
   o  James R. Benya, PE, FIES, IALD
      Benya Lighting Design, Sausalito, CA and West Linn, OR 

TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE
----------------------------------------------------------------
   Technical Assistance for award submissions is available.
   For more information, contact: 

        Dorothy Payton, Technical Training Facilitator
        503.223.8757
        [email-masked] 
----------------------------------------------------------------
<end of announcement>