Subject: SUVA-95 Experiences?

From: Peter Kesselman <[email-masked]>
Date: 2 Aug 1995 03:57:17 GMT

Does anyone have any experience with SUVA-95? It is a new alternative to 
R13/503/23. It is supposed to have lower discharge temperature than R23. 
We just ordered some directly from DuPont (it's only available in 
limited supply so far.

Peter Kesselman.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 4 Aug 1995 02:13:48 GMT

>We just ordered some directly from DuPont (it's only available in 

Peter,  Suva 95, aka Suva X, aka KCD-9515 is a refrigerant blend of
R-23 and R-116.  It have a dew point curve almost identical to R-503,
and it has a temperature glide of about 1F.  So for all practical
purposes, it is an azeotrope like R-503.

R-13 and R-503 are on their way out, since they're both CFCs.  R-23
was the only HFC game in town for awhile.  Problem with it is its
inherently high operating discharge temperatures.  You generally
needed some means of suction gas desuperheating to prevent oil
breakdown problems.

Suva 95 looks good.  You can use R-503 TEV for Suva 95, though
you will get about 20 percent less capacity out of it compared
to R-503.  You may need to look at TEV sizing, and possibly other
component sizing.

Andy Schoen
[email-masked]