Subject: INFORMATION NEEDED: Organic Finishing & Process Modeling

From: "H. Hina Ganni" <[email-masked]>
Date: 9 Oct 1995 12:40:54 GMT

We are developing process simulation models for various applications, 
including at this time technologies in our Organic Finishing Center.  I 
would like to know what else is already out in the literature or in use 
at various sites, including industry, academia, and military 
installations.  Technologies of particular interest include: application 
of paint using electrocoating, powder coating, or liquid spray coating, 
and the pretreatment of parts (cleaning and conversion coating 
application) prior to organic finishing.

Any information on the following topics would be greatly appreciated, as 
would other related information, data, or comments.

1.  Work previously or currently in process for modeling organic 
finishing processes.  The information can include literature references, 
published reports, discussions of equations used to describe or define 
the processes, theoretical background, etc.

2.  Information on the coating efficiency associated with either the 
pretreatment or coating processes.  Problems or limitations associated 
with the various processes.  Relationships between coating thickness and 
process operating parameters.

Please send your responses directly to me at: [email-masked] as I am 
not always a regular reader of this newsgrouop.

I will compile and summarize the information and make it available upon 
request.  Sources will be acknowledged unless you request otherwise.

Thanks in advance.
Hina Ganni
Process Engineer

National Defense Center for Environmental Excellence
Concurrent Technologies Corporation
1450 Scalp Avenue
Johnstown, PA 15904

voice:  (814) 269-6422
fax:     (814) 269-2798
email:   [email-masked]