Subject: Re: Water mist for cooling outdoors??

From: [email-masked] (Jim Riticher)
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 1995 01:54:26 GMT

[email-masked] (Cecil Williams) wrote:

>I understand that in the hot & dry parts of the U.S., like around Phoenix,
>Arizona, that  a fine water mist will make the heat a bit more bearable
>outdoors. I am looking for a source of these water atomizers or misting
>devices. Any experience with this type of outdoor cooling would be
>appreciated?

There's a company in Alabama called Springcool Systems that
manufactures misting heads and systems, primarily for large
flat-roofed structures. Sorry, but I don't have their catalog, so i
don't have an address or phone number. Maybe Sweet's or Thomas
Register?

I don't have any personal experience with their systems.

Jim Riticher
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Duane Beach)
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 1995 11:50:49 -0400

In article <[email-masked]>,
[email-masked] (Cecil Williams) wrote:

> Cecil Williams
> Sugar Land, TX

.. was in phoenix last week (118+) and noticed these by a restaurant
patio.  It was simply a pipe with several fine mist heads suspended about
8 feet in the air around the perimeter and spraying slightly away from the
tables.  It was noticably cooler at the tables.

-- 
Duane Beach
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Jim Riticher)
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 1995 01:58:36 GMT

There's a company in Alabama called Springcool Systems that
manufactures misting heads and systems, primarily for large
flat-roofed structures. Sorry, but I don't have their catalog, so I
don't have an address or phone number. Maybe Sweet's or Thomas
Register?

Good luck!

James J. Riticher, P.E. (Jim)
Environmental Design International
[email-masked]