Subject: Re: Lightning

From: "Brian A. Rock, Ph.D., P.E." <[email-masked]>
Date: 5 Oct 95 09:50:17 CDT

Ed Taylor <[email-masked]> wrote:
>I recently had some damage to my hvac system.  Repairman said 
>lightning.  Sent compressor to engineering firm who said no 
>evidence of lightning.  Thermostat, heater/ac control box and 
>some electrical components on the exterior unit all burned at the 
>same time.   Could lightning cause this damage and not damage the 
>compressor?  What else could cause this level of damge?  No 
>circuit breakers were tripped.  Any ideas?
>
>Ed

You should have that circuit breaker replaced.  It may have been damaged.

-- 
*************************************************************************
Brian A. Rock, Ph.D., P.E.        Voice:  (913) 864-3434
The University of Kansas          Fax:    (913) 864-5099
Architectural Engineering Dept.   E-mail: [email-masked]
Marvin Hall                       HomePage: http://energy.arce.ukans.edu/
Lawrence, Kansas 66045-2222       Rock Chalk, Jayhawk, KU!
*************************************************************************