Subject: York residential equipment

From: [email-masked] (Steve Bukosky)
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 1995 01:56:38 GMT

York has been absent in my area for some time.  Does anyone know what
they have for furnaces now?  Do they have dual input and ECM units?

Steve Bukosky         [email-masked]
Service Coordinator
Tom's Heating Service
Waukesha, Wisconsin

Agent .99a

---

From: [email-masked] (John Mills)
Date: 6 Oct 1995 00:11:56 GMT

YO!

York hasn't made much inroads here but since we've helped out their 
distributor with a couple of problem customers, I've gotten to know the 
line. They gave me a product catalog on the stuff. They do have ECM air 
handlers and I believe the Diamond 80 has a ECM model. No 2 stage as of 
yet. Seems like good furnace line. Had heard of some problems with the 
new 90 but heard they were solved. Both 80 & 90 use tubular heat 
exchanger, hot surface ignition. 90 is sealed combustion. We put in a 12 
SEER pump last fall to replace one the competition ruined! The idiots 
removed the heating cap tube. So when reversing valve switched to heat, 
no refrigerant flow. They had so much trouble that York replaced it with 
10 SEER and they paid the extra to get 12 SEER & matched coil for utility 
incentives. Impressive unit. Copeland scroll, demand defrost, the 
Yorkgard module even includes outdoor stats. 5 year parts warranty across 
the board. Have dual compressor 17 SEER A/C so probably can claim most 
efficient air cooled system.

Stuff is pricey - along the lines of Trane & Lennox.

You folks looking for another line?