Subject: Re: Surplus HVAC Equipment Needed

From: [email-masked] (John Mills)
Date: 28 Jul 1995 01:10:36 GMT

[email-masked] (George Goble) wrote:
>
>In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] writes:
>>I am seeking salvage and surplus dealers of industrial grade severe 
duty HVAC equipment.  I am 
>>interested in buying unused units that have incurred damage during 
shipping or storage.  Even if you 
>
>One of the world's largest HVAC surplus places is called "USA 
Manufacturing"
>in Lebonan, Indiana, USA.

George, you ever been in their place? What a bunch of wierd stuff. Was 
there a couple of months ago getting a heat exchanger for a Williamson 20 
year old furnace. Looked at some of the packaged units in their lot - 
upwards of 10+ years old. Most equipment isn't discounted any but 
occasionally some deals. They were getting a bunch of Carrier Infinity 
furnaces in for 1/2 price. New, undented, last year's but super price. 
Where the savings comes in are the tiny stuff. Needed a special limit for 
Williamson electric furnace White-Rodgers hasn't made in years. They had 
it for $2.

---

From: [email-masked] (George Goble)
Date: 28 Jul 1995 15:00:34 GMT

>Williamson electric furnace White-Rodgers hasn't made in years. They had 
 
As long as the Arabs keep showing up with suitcases full of money
and buying whole rooms of [complete equipment], the price
wont come down much.. Picked up a new Copeland Scroll 3.5 tons
for $140 or so ...various coils, etc, for $70, rotary compressors,
1ton, for $40 (for recovery units when homemade was ok).
Valves, pressure controls, and small misc things are a hell of a deal..
Guess the Arabs dont buy that kind of stuff..

They had a bunch of pressure relief safeties (pop off valves)..
New which are $35-$40... and they were < $2 each.
--ghg