Subject: Source for low pressure sensors?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 1995 22:37:33 GMT

I am looking for a source for pressure sensors in  the 1 to 50 pascal
range, suitable for measuring stack effect in houses.  Does anybody
know of any? 

Thanks
Norbert Senf (Masonry Stove Builders)
email [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Nick Pine)
Date: 23 Oct 1995 02:20:02 -0400

>range, suitable for measuring stack effect in houses.  Does anybody

I'd be interested to know what you find out. Also, does anyone know of
some easy way to measure airflows below 200 fpm? A temperature sensor
and a resistor inside a ping-pong ball?

National Semiconductor at 2900 Semiconductor Drive/Santa Clara, CA 95051,
(408) 737-5000, used to make interesting pressure sensor ICs. Maybe they
could tell you if someone uses them in a pressure sensor instrument. Grainger
part numbers 6T604 (Dwyer, 475-1AV, $342), 3T403 (Alnor 530, $546) and
3T295 (Dwyer/Magnehelic 2000-00AV, 0-0.25" H20, $56.20) look interesting. 

BTW, I wonder if your stoves use triple wall continuous airflow all-fuel
fluepipe, with outside air flowing down between the outer and middle pipe,
as an air-air heat exchanger?

Nick