Subject: How would you heat/cool this garage/bonus room addition??

From: Rick Stanley P840 <[email-masked]>
Date: 1 Jun 1995 14:24:40 GMT

I'm currently planning a garage/bonus room addition to our house. I'm looking
for recommendations on the best way to heat and cool the bonus room. 
Here's some information:
Current House
=============
Is a story and a half, @1800 square feet.
Has two heating/cooling units, one for 1st floor/one for second floor.
They are both natural gas furnaces. One is in the crawl space and one is in
the attic (with two compressors outside).

The garage/bonus room is going to be attached to the house. There will be no
access to the bonus room from the second floor. Access to the bonus room will
be at an existing side entrance door. A landing will be built at this door
for the stairs going up to the bonus room. I plan to frame this area in,
insulate, and sheet rock. I don't plan to ever heat and cool the garage.
The bonus room will be @ 300 square feet. There is going to be a small bath
with stand-up shower, toilet, and sink.

So, how would you heat and cool this thing? I'm sure that I'm looking at a
new stand-alone system. Any recommendations??

Thanks!

Rick Stanley                      | E-Mail ----->>>> [email-masked]
Bell Northern Research            |-----------------------------------
35 Davis Drive                    |      /~~\\       ,    , ,
Research Triangle Park, NC 27708  |     #===||==========#***|
(919)991-7673 or ESN 294-7673     |      \__//            ` `