Subject: Portable AC Needed

From: [email-masked] (Dr. E. Joseph Derrick)
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 1995 03:19:05 GMT

I have heard that there is such a thing as small portable gas powered AC
(either natural gas, coal gas or liquid petroleum gas).  Does anyone
know anything about such devices or any other devices (aside from
evaporative coolers - the location we need such devices has such a high
humidity level rendering evaporative coolers useless).  We dont mind if
these units require minimal power to run electric fans (up to 400W).

Would it be possible to provide one or more of following
suitable details on:
1- Suppliers and manufacturers, addresses or phone numbers.
2- Cost range from small portable units to larger units (if they exist)
   e.g., 2KW->6KW power output, equivalent compact units
3- Other non-electrical air conditioning options.

Please e-mail responses to [email-masked]
Much thanks in advance.
Regards,
Joe
--
****************************************************************************
JOE DERRICK /EMAIL: [email-masked] /PH: (852) 2358-7023 /FAX: (852) 2358-1477
Dept of Computer Science, Hong Kong Univ of Science and Technology,HONG KONG