Subject: OSA Damper Leakage

From: [email-masked] (Tom Tribble)
Date: 31 May 1995 01:45:02 GMT

A number of years ago I read an article in HPAC (or a similar publication)
that described a field survey of OSA dampers and the amount of air leakage
observed (when the dampers were in the closed position) due to missing or
damaged seals, bent or misaligned blades, and inacurately adjusted
linkages.  Now (many years later) when I need a reference of this type, I
can't seem to find ANYTHING on this subject.  If any one has any published
sources for information on this subject, I'd appreciate an E-Mail pointing
me in the right direction.  Thanks for any help.

-- 
 )))*-----*))))    
       \\( )//       
        \| |/       
        // \\       
 [email-masked]
    (510) 486-7654

---

From: [email-masked] (Richard Jansky)
Date: 1 Jun 1995 18:16:15 GMT

Just wondering...

Why do you want to have tight OSA dampers? Isn't the task of OSA dampers
to provide OSA to the space, and therefore, never be fully closed, since
you almost always need a minimum OSA amount?

Richard

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Tom Tribble) writes:
|> A number of years ago I read an article in HPAC (or a similar publication)
|> that described a field survey of OSA dampers and the amount of air leakage
|> observed (when the dampers were in the closed position) due to missing or
|> damaged seals, bent or misaligned blades, and inacurately adjusted
|> linkages.  Now (many years later) when I need a reference of this type, I
|> can't seem to find ANYTHING on this subject.  If any one has any published
|> sources for information on this subject, I'd appreciate an E-Mail pointing
|> me in the right direction.  Thanks for any help.
|> 
|> -- 
|>  )))*-----*))))    
|>        \\( )//       
|>         \| |/       
|>         // \\       
|>  [email-masked]
|>     (510) 486-7654