Subject: Engineering Forum on MSN

From: [email-masked] (Mark Cayton)
Date: 19 Oct 95 17:33:44 -0700

To:		sci.electronics.repair
Subject:		Engineering Forum

Hey all you Engineering types on the Usenets...aren't you getting 
tired of communicating with a single font? Don't you wish you could 
be surfing the NET using Windows 95 instead? ... maybe on the 
Microsoft Network online service? Is VT100 emulation ready for the 
recycling bin? We think so! Would you like to discuss things real 
time..online?

The MSN has an Engineering Forum, and through this area, you can 
participate in the good old fashioned ascii newsgroups...or take a 
leap into the unknown and use the rich text files, graphics and 
hot-links, top quality e-mail (with binary, OLE and other file 
attachments supported).

We have an extensive BBS system and several Engineering Professionals 
who are online and ready to hear your ideas, suggestions and 
requests...they even give technical support on Win95. We have created 
dedicated areas for all kinds of Engineering, and are happy to 
accomodate anyone we've missed out to date.

In addition we have a bunch of Excellent WWW shortcuts (ASME, IEEE, 
NASA, Dod, and lots of professional Institutions and societies are 
just a double-click away)... we've tried to make a great resource and 
thought you should know about it. Naturally you can browse the MSN 
and the WWW and other areas of the INTERNET simultaneously, using as 
many windows as you like.

We thought Engineering and Technical professionals might appreciate 
this! We maybe wrong, but we believe some Engineers also like to stay 
up to date...so Welcome to '95 (1995 that is)...and see ya in the 
forum! Oh I almost forgot to mention our chats...yes, we hold several 
chat events and other online discussions. It's time for Engineers to 
start talking and doing things again. How about online collaborations 
and other projects? Think about it.

Mark Cayton
Engineering Forum Manager
The Microsoft Network

---

From: JP Barnard <[email-masked]>
Date: 21 Oct 1995 21:18:43 GMT

Hi

Yup, I certainly am interested in such a forum. In fact I am 
working as system engineer on an information management system 
at the university of stellenbosch in South Africa in which a 
Industrial Engineering forum will exist eventually (next year 
this time).

I use win95 (love it), but another service provider. Can I 
still get through to your forum?

Kind regards.

-- 
JP Barnard, Stellenbosch, South Africa
********************************************
"I neither live for the sake of another man,
nor do I expect another to live for mine"
                    Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
********************************************