Subject: Duct Cleaning Equipment

From: [email-masked] (Steve Bukosky)
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 1995 23:02:36 GMT

Our company should be in the market for new duct cleaning technology
in the near future.  We have been a long time duct cleaner, going back
to the monster sausages (air bags) and have used the Pringle vacuum
trucks for the last few decades.

You can't beat the truck vacuums for supplying compressed air, but the
8" pipes and hoses that must be connected from the truck to the
furnace is rapidly becoming impractical due to the change in
construction of houses in the recent years.

Two systems I am looking at are the IAQ HEPA VAC that appears bulky
but is connected directly to the ducts in the basement, and the MEYER
portable vacuum that is wheeled up to the house but still needs  hoses
run throughout the house and down to the basement.

I would like opinions from those that are or have used them.  Thanks!

Steve Bukosky         [email-masked]
Service Coordinator
Tom's Heating Service
Waukesha, Wisconsin