Subject: '92 Sable: R-12 or R-134a?

From: [email-masked] (Michael Purucker)
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 1995 21:26:27 +5

Does anyone know whether the 1992 Mercury Sable (3.8 l, 6 cyl) was equipped 
with R-12 or R-134a Refrigerant? My brother-in-law is rebuilding one and
hasn't been able to locate the information.

                                                              Mike Purucker
                                                              
[email-masked]

---

From: Peter Kesselman <[email-masked]>
Date: 2 Aug 1995 12:50:59 GMT

My '93 Taurus (same difference) has good 'ole R12.

Peter Kesselman.

---

From: [email-masked] (Thomas H Miller)
Date: 2 Aug 1995 10:32:54 -0400

Michael Purucker ([email-masked]) wrote:
: Does anyone know whether the 1992 Mercury Sable (3.8 l, 6 cyl) was equipped 
: with R-12 or R-134a Refrigerant? My brother-in-law is rebuilding one and
: hasn't been able to locate the information.

:                                                               Mike Purucker
:                                                               
: [email-masked]

What type of access ports are on it?

Tom

-- 
______________________________________________________________________
          ** Tom Miller **        |"No man should be criticized for  
E-mail [email-masked] | defending his rights"
Chief of Engineering, Md EMS Comm | Justice Robert G. Gillepsie

---

From: [email-masked] (Joseph Benning)
Date: 2 Aug 1995 19:12:41 GMT

Mike, open your hood or the car. On the passenger firewall is a black 
fiberglass box containing the fan motor, heat core and evaporator core. 
On the box is a label, which states what type and how much refrigerant 
the system contains. Also, you might check the owners manual.

Joseph Benning
--
[email-masked]/.\-----Northeastern Illinois University
Joseph A. Benning              / \:/ \       Chicago, Illinois, USA 60625  
                             /   [ ]   \
"I've seen it before Joe.../   /{x.x}\   \...You're an Internet junkie; 
    Roadkill, on the     /        U        \ Information Super Highway!"