Subject: More lighting publications

From: [email-masked] (Judith Block)
Date: 26 Jul 1995 15:52:07 -0400

Electrodeless lamps. Intelligent occupancy sensors. Luminous
ceilings. Where can one find information about these and other
issues affecting the future of lighting? Just released is Lighting
Futures, a newsletter published by the Lighting Research Center of
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, New York, which covers
advances in the lighting industry, especially in technologies and
techniques. Each issue of Lighting Futures will carry a feature
article about a significant lighting trend.  Editor Catherine Luo
reports that ongoing depatments will include Flash!, a column
that covers new and upcoming lighting product techniques;
Trade in Flux, which covers the activities of government, nonprofit,
professional and other organizations that can affect the lighting
community; Switched Online, which reviews the lighting resources
on the Internet and other information services; and Reflections, a
forum for members of the lighting trade to express their opinions,
concerns and questions about the future of lighting.

Lighting Futures, sponsored by the U.S. Environmental Protection
Agency, is published six times a year and, for a limited time, is
available free of charge. For a subscription, contact Publications,
Lighting Research Center, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy,
New York 12180-3590, tel: (518) 276-8716; fax: (518) 276-2999;
e-mail: [email-masked];
World Wide Web: http://www.rpi.edu/dept/lrc/LRC.html.