Subject: Fiber Optic lighting

From: [email-masked] (Jason McVay)
Date: 28 Jul 1995 14:28:25 GMT

A couple of years ago, I saw that a car company was thinking of 
backlighting a car's gauges with a single light bulb by branching optic 
fibers from _one_ lightbulb to the back of the gauges. My question is: 
could this engineering technique be done on a much larger scale and could 
fiber optic lighting 
be used as a primary source of light rather than just backlight? For 
instance, replacing 3 hallway lights with optic fibers branching from 
just one bulb? Could this be done and still retain light quality and 
_save money_?

Jason

---

From: [email-masked] (BA6)
Date: 11 Aug 1995 13:07:18 -0400

Another company that offers Fiber Optic Lighting and is very concerned
with useable light is Lighting Services Inc (LSI).  The are a manufacturer
in Stony Point, NY.  There phone number is (800)999-9574 or fax
(914)942-2177.

I would suggest that you try here for you Fiber Optic needs.