Subject: Re: WATT REDUCTION ON COOLING LOAD

From: [email-masked] (ZARNOTT)
Date: 26 May 1995 16:38:00 -0400

Hey Steve,

Thanks! - I believe that number you gave more than the explanation I gave
earlier.

Mike Z

---

From: [email-masked] (Steve Lewellen)
Date: Fri, 26 May 1995 04:04:57 GMT

[email-masked] (ZARNOTT) writes:

>It depends on your building and weather data, however, the maximum number
>I use is:
>1 Watt HVAC reduction for each 3.2 Watts of lighting energy reduction.
>You figure it out from there.
>Mike Z

I apologize in advance if I am off here since this is my 1st time 
viewing this group and post.  Trying to decipher the above response 
(didn't see orig post), however for every 3.2 watt reduction of lighting 
( I assume your refering to incandescent) you btuh reduction would be 10.92.
There is no corelation between the weather bin data and building that 
effect light watts.  One watt = 3.413 btuh.

To reduce the sensible heat load one ton on the HVAC for lighting 
purposes, a reduction of 3,516 watts would be required.

[email-masked]  (Steve Lewellen)