Subject: Re: Forward Raytracer

From: [email-masked] (Enrique Piraino Davidson)
Date: 13 Mar 1995 14:39:14 -0500

In article  [email-masked] writes:
>Received: from garnet.nist.gov by aix1.ucv.cl (AIX 3.2/UCB 5.64/4.03)
>          id AA13747; Mon, 13 Mar 1995 13:58:41 -0600
>X-Listname: "sci.engr.lighting <==> Aux Mailing List" <[email-masked]>
>Warnings-To: <>
>Errors-To: [email-masked]
>Sender: [email-masked]
>Received: from ise.fhg.de by garnet.nist.gov (MX V3.2) with SMTP; Mon, 13 Mar
>          1995 11:26:28 EST
>Received: from server1.ise.fhg.de by ise.fhg.de (5.0/SMI-SVR4) id AA03959; Mon,
>          13 Mar 1995 17:17:26 --100
>Received: from tos24 by server1; Mon, 13 Mar 95 17:17:16 +0100
>Received: by tos24; Mon, 13 Mar 1995 17:17:16 +0100
>From: [email-masked]
>Reply-To: [email-masked]
>Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
>Subject: Forward Raytracer
>To: [email-masked] (lighting)
>Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 17:17:16 +0100 (MEZ)
>Cc: [email-masked] (Gerold Furler),
>        [email-masked] (Peter
>    Apian-Bennewitz),
>        [email-masked] (Manuel Goller),
>        [email-masked]
>    (Joerg Jungjohann)
>X-Mailer: ELM [version 2.4 PL22]
>Mime-Version: 1.0
>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
>Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
>Content-Length: 848

>We are looking for a forward raytracing program capable to analyze
>bidirectional reflection/transmission properties of optical elements.
>These elements should be of very general type allowing
>any given geometry and any transmissive, diffuse (also non-Lambertian,
>if possible) and direct reflective and refractive property.

>Can anybody prevent us from reinventing the wheel?

>Fred Sick
>Daylighting Group at FhG-ISE
>--
>----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>Friedrich Sick   MAIL : Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy Systems
>                        Oltmannsstr. 5
>                        D-79100 Freiburg
>                        Germany
>                 PHONE: +49-(0)761-4588-133    FAX: +49-(0)761-4588-132
>                 email: [email-masked]
>----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Friedrich:

I suspect that a person named Chris Parks E-mail
[email-masked] could have some developments that help you to solve
the problem.

Good Luck

       Enrique Piraino Davidson        *   INTERNET: [email-masked]
     Lighting Studies Department      *  BITNET  : epiraino at ucvvm1
  School of Electrical Engineering    * MAIL    :   P.O.BOX 4059
 Universidad Catolica de Valparaiso               Valparaíso-CHILE
             CHILE                                  *   FAX     : 56-32-215380