Subject: New lighting publications

From: [email-masked] (Judith Block)
Date: 26 Jul 1995 15:47:41 -0400

The Lighting Research Center, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute,
Troy, New York, announces the publication of Lighting Listings, a
236-page directory of publications, research organizations,
educational opportunities, and associations for the lighting
industry.  Originally published in 1992, this edition has been
revised and expanded to include entries from many foreign
countries.  Intended to be used as a quick reference guide, this
directory briefly summarizes pertinent information about an
organization and lists names, addresses, phone numbers, fax
numbers, e-mail addresses and contact names, where known.

Chapter 1, Lighting Publications, categorizes lighting magazines
and journals into English and non-English language serials. Many
new titles have been added as well as information on lighting
databases and the NIST electronic mailing list.  Chapter 2, Research
Organizations, features energy offices an agencies in states with
active energy conservation and lighting efficiency programs. It also
lists federal agencies and nongovernment research organizations.
Chapter 3, Lighting Education Opportunities, includes programs at
colleges and universities; those universities which have research
centers for the study of lighting or related fields or extensive
lighting education programs are described in detail.  Also covered
in this chapter are professional association and manufacturer
seminars, conferences and demonstration centers.  Chapter 4, U.S.
Associations, describes lighting-related associations, which include
trade and professional organizations as well as energy and
environment groups.  Finally, Chapter 5, International Lighting
Education and Research Programs, Associations and Trade Shows
highlights important information about lighting organizations
>from  around the world.

For information on how to obtain Lighting Listings, please contact:
Publications, Lighting Research Center, Rensselaer Polytechnic
Institute, Troy, New York 12180-3590. Phone: 518 276-8716; Fax:
276-2999; e-mail: [email-masked].