Subject: LED's

From: [email-masked] (Joann Taylor)
Date: 29 Aug 1995 08:43:29 -0700

I am currently compiling information on LED's - capability,
availability, etc. This is an area that is new to me so I am asking for
 pointer's to information.  I have access to a reasonable technical
 library and , of course, on-line resources.  I was hoping that readers
 might have some creative suggestions as to where one might look for
information. Namely, trade-shows where LED manufacturer's exhibit (the
last Photonics and SID shows had nothing to speak of....), particular
publications that feature LED developments,&  manufacturer's of LED's-
particularly those that might not be considered 'mainstream'. 
Any university programs doing
research in LED's would also be of interest.

Please feel free to contact me via E-mail ([email-masked] )
or post for the group at large if you feel there might be enough general
interest.  Thank you for any information that you can provide - it is
much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Joann Taylor

-- 
* Joann Taylor                                               *
* Principal Consultant - Color Technology Solutions          *
* Specializing in Color Science, Technology and Applications *
* [email-masked]                                        *

---

From: [email-masked] (Loren Wilton)
Date: 31 Aug 1995 05:34:25 GMT

This sort of thing is usually covered by the more hardware-oriented electronics
shows.  Wescon usually has a large number of companies exhibiting each year.
I'm sure the east coast counterpart (I forget its name) must have many also.

Various components-oriented magazines often have ads for any number of LED
companies.  Electronic Components, ECN, EDN, and many others are good sources.

One of the largest primary LED makers in the world is Hewlett Packard.
The HP optoelectronics catalog is about 1.5 inches thick, packed with data
sheets.  Chicago Minature also sells LEDs.  There are any number of
manufacturers in the near and far east,  notably Tiwan.  Also, there are
scads of repackagers that buy leds from other sources and package them into
things like incandescent-lamp replacements.

	Loren