Subject: Job opening at Lighting Technologies

From: [email-masked] (Michael Smith)
Date: 9 Mar 1995 17:31:02 GMT

Position Opening : Project Engineer

Description
-----------
Lighting Technologies is a growing engineering enterprise providing software    
and engineering services to the lighting industry. The products and services we 
offer include:

	- A suite of commercial lighting analysis software products (Lumen-Micro, 
	  Lumen-Specifier, and FiELD)
	- Custom lighting software for major lighting manufacturers
	- Optical design services for specialized applications

We have an immediate opening for a project engineer. Our engineers work in teams 
of two to five on projects that involve the development of user interfaces and 
lighting calculation algorithms.  Engineers are expected to participate in every 
aspect of the software development cycle, including:
	
	- Requirements specification
	- Software architecture
	- Detailed design and user interface design
	- Coding and debugging
	- Maintenance

Additionally, all engineers occasionally participate in consulting projects 
involving optical design and detailed lighting calculations.

Qualifications
--------------
Formal education in the principles of lighting design and application, including 
a thorough understanding of all aspects of lighting calculations.

One to three years in the lighting industry.  Knowledge of the design,      
manufacture, and distribution of lighting equipment is preferred.

One to three years experience with software development, including an 
understanding of modern programming practices.

Demonstrated experience in Basic and/or C/C++.  Specific experience with 
Microsoft Visual Basic, and Microsoft Visual C++ strongly preferred.

Solid knowledge of CAD, with a practical understanding of AutoCAD (or other 
major CAD package), and CAD file formats.

Thorough understanding of MS DOS, MS Windows 3.1x, and the typical suite of 
Windows-based productivity tools (spreadsheet, wordprocessor, presentation 
software, communication software, etc.)

Compensation 
------------
We offer an attractive compensation package, which includes full insurance, a 
401(k), flexible scheduling, and an education assistance program.   

How to respond
--------------
We have the vision, resources, and technical knowledge to bring high quality 
software products to the lighting industry.  If you would like to join our team, 
send a resume by e-mail, fax, or mail to:

Director of Engineering
Lighting Technologies, Inc.
2540 Frontier Avenue, Suite 107
Boulder, Colorado  80303 USA
fax: 		303-449-5964
e-mail: 	[email-masked]
		[email-masked]
		Compuserve: 71431,1224