Subject: CFV: sci.chem.coatings

From: Kenneth Herron <[email-masked]>
Date: 3 Nov 1995 20:14:02 -0000

FIRST CALL FOR VOTES (of 2)
                 unmoderated group sci.chem.coatings

Newsgroups line:
sci.chem.coatings	Paints and Coatings practitioners.

Votes must be received by 23:59:59 UTC, 24 Nov 1995.

This vote is being conducted by a neutral third party.  Questions about
this proposal should be directed to the proponents.

Proponent: Bill Bren <[email-masked]>
Proponent: Mike Lazar <[email-masked]>
Votetaker: Kenneth Herron <[email-masked]>

RATIONALE: sci.chem.coatings

Currently there is no one place to handle traffic specifically for the
discussion of Paints and Coatings.  Postings to the sci.chem group get
easily lost among the 50 t0 100 daily postings.  Postings to the more
manageable sci.polymers (about 10/day) are inappropriate when the
discussion involves coatings issues not related to polymers.

CHARTER: sci.chem.coatings

A newsgroup to promote the exchange of ideas and discussion of issues of
paints and coatings technology.  Anyone intrested will be welcome to
join in the discussion about, but not limited to:

	-	Polymeric coating resins
	-	Pigments
	-	Coatings additives
	-	Coatings solvents
	-	Powder coatings
	-	Professional societies and conferences
	-	Application techniques for paints and coatings
	-	Regulatory issues effecting coatings
	-	Sales and Marketing issues
	-	Manufacturing of paints
	-	Packaging and transportation of coatings materials.
	-	Employment opportunities within the coatings industry
	-	Educational and research resources
	-	Surface Color

The discussion will be held in english.  FAQ's should be developed for
specific areas of intrest and will be updated periodically.  Commercial
announcements are not permitted as this news group is not intended to be
a marketplace.  Although coatings questions for paint users may or may
not get a response, they are permitted.  The ultimate objective of the
news group is to assist coatings practitioners in there craft with a
free flowing discussion of current coatings technology.

END CHARTER.

HOW TO VOTE

Erase everything above the top "-=-=-=-" line and erase everything below
the bottom "-=-=-=-" line.  Do not erase anything between these lines
and do not change the group names.

Give your name on the line that asks for it.  For each group, place a
YES or NO in the brackets next to it to vote for or against it.  If you
don't want to vote on a particular group, just leave the space blank.
Don't worry about spacing of the columns or any quote characters (">")
that your reply inserts.

Then send via e-mail to:  [email-masked]

-=-=-=-=-=- Don't Delete Anything Between These Lines -=-=-=-=-=-
sci.chem.coatings Ballot <SCCA-01> (Don't remove this marker)

Give your real name here->

  Your Vote   Group
-----------------------------------------------------------------
 [ YES     ]  example.yes.vote
 [ NO      ]  example.no.vote
 [ ABSTAIN ]  example.abstention

 [         ]  CREATE sci.chem.coatings
-=-=-=-=-=- Don't Delete Anything Between These Lines -=-=-=-=-=-

VOTING PROCEDURE NOTES:

Standard Guidelines for voting apply.  One person, one vote.  Votes must
be mailed directly from the voter to the votetaker.  Anonymous,
forwarded or proxy votes are not valid; this includes votes generated by
WWW/HTML/CGI forms.

Vote counting is automated.  Failure to follow these directions may mean
that your vote does not get counted.  If you do not receive an
acknowledgment of your vote within three days, contact the votetaker
about the problem.  It's your responsibility to make sure your vote is
registered correctly.  Duplicate votes are resolved in favor of the most
recent valid vote.  Addresses and votes of all voters will be published
in the final voting results post.

The purpose of a Usenet vote is to determine the genuine interest of
persons who would read a proposed newsgroup.  Soliciting votes from
disinterested parties defeats this purpose.  Please do not distribute
this CFV.  If you must, direct people to the official CFV as posted to
news.announce.newgroups.  Distributing pre-marked or otherwise edited
copies of this CFV is generally considered to be vote fraud.  When in
doubt, ask the votetaker.

DISTRIBUTION:

This Call for votes is being posted to the following newsgroups:

	news.announce.newgroups  news.groups
	sci.chem                 sci.engr.chem
	sci.engr.lighting        sci.polymers
	sci.research