Subject: Re: FASTER THAN LIGHT~~~WHY NOT? PLEASE E-MAIL ME

From: [email-masked] (Mr Paul Kim Hung Iu)
Date: 7 Sep 1995 16:56:46 GMT

: Einstein Said:

: v12 = (v1 + v2)/(1 + v1*v2) 

: Where v12 is the velocity of the combined Lorentz transformation and 
: v1 = the velocity of the first Lorentz transormation and v2 = the 
: velocity of the second Lorentz transformation.

: In his book "The Meaning of Relativity", Pg 37 in my edition.

: In your specific instance, the bullet would be going .96 c.

Let we change the conditions of this experiment.

In some place of the universe, I assume that there are only two objects A 
& B, object A run 3/4c to one direction, if there is no object B, people 
in object A may feel they have no velocity even they running at 3/4c.
Object B start moving to the opposite direction of A at the speed 3/4c,
will object A feel object B is running at the speed 1.5c far away from 
him ?

How to handle this case ?

Paul

---

From: ed steinberg <[email-masked]>
Date: 8 Sep 1995 00:27:23 GMT

[email-masked] (Phil Johnson) wrote:
>Okay, my friend and I were talking
>In Einstein's theory of relativity he says that nothing can exceed the
>speed of light
>Well, what if there is a plane (object B) that goes 3/4 the speed of
>light, and a gun (object C) that can shoot a bullet 3/4 the speed of
>light.
>The ground would be object A
>If object B was flying and object C was shot from object B, wouldn't
>the speed of the bullet exceed the speed of light?
>Please E-Mail ASAP
>My address is [email-masked]
>
>
Isn't the speed of dark greater than the speed of light? 
After all, we can see the light coming... the dark happens 
instantaneously.

-- 

?????????????????????????????????????????????
?       Who knows what evil lurks in the MIME's of men?     ?
?                                                                        
                             ?
?      THE SHADOW KNOWS --- (but not much)                    ?
?????????????????????????????????????????????

---

From: ed steinberg <[email-masked]>
Date: 8 Sep 1995 00:27:58 GMT

--

---

From: ed steinberg <[email-masked]>
Date: 8 Sep 1995 00:28:14 GMT

--

---

From: [email-masked] (Nicola Camilleri)
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 1995 10:40:25 GMT

>>the speed of the bullet exceed the speed of light?

The plane and the bullet are in different frames of reference so can't
be dealt with by this type of maths.  If you are interested I'll
follow up with more details later.

Nikki.
/==================================================================\
|   Nicola Camilleri            email: [email-masked]    |
\==================================================================/