Subject: NEW! Electronic Journal - ITcon

From: Vanier <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 May 1995 23:12:23 GMT

*** FIRST  ANNOUNCEMENT ***
                  ***   CALL FOR PAPERS   ***

    ELECTRONIC JOURNAL OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES IN CONSTRUCTION

A new peer-reviewed, aperiodic journal called the Electronic Journal
of Information Technologies in Construction will be available later
this year. Scheduled to begin publishing in August 1995, ITcon will
provide a new medium for researchers for the information technology
applications in the construction industry. 

With short lead times ITcon will assist the rapid diffusion of
research results. It is the first electronic journal for 
construction addressing specifically the domain of IT.

1. JOURNAL SCOPE

Papers will be published in the following areas:

* Construction process and enterprise modeling using IT as an 
  enabling technology,
* IT strategies within building organizations and groups,
* IT-based techniques for problem solving in construction,
* IT-supported communication across or within disciplines,
* Methods for concurrent engineering,
* Education and training in Information Technologies,
* Remote communication between programs and other computing 
  techniques,
* Standards for structuring and exchanging data within the building 
  lifecyle, and
* Technologies and standards for the computerized representation of 
  building product models.

In addition to submissions from researchers, the journal invites
articles from industry and software developers, such as those
presenting new capabilities being incorporated into software
products, or how companies are applying state-of-the-art IT solutions
to design and construction practice.

A special section of the journal will encourage scholarly
discussions as a two-way communication between the commentator and
the author of the original article.

2. SUBMISSIONS

The language of the journal is English.

Papers eligible for publication should present original research or
be state-of the art reviews. Papers presenting research in the early
stages or research ideas in general will not be accepted. 

Papers submitted to ITcon will pass through a conventional refereeing
process which ensures the same high-quality standards as expected
>from  paper journals. For the typical paper, the review period should
be no longer than one month.  All correspondence is through
electronic mail.

All papers must be submitted by e-mail in Rich Text Format (RTF) or
in PostScript following the ITcon guide-line style sheets available
on the WWW server. Submissions must be sent to the following address
by registered e-mail: 

       [email-masked]

Authors receive an electronic acknowledgement of their submissions
after the file is reviewed for submission compliance.

Accepted articles are published via the World-Wide-Web. After the
final edition has been received it goes into production immediately.
Publication consists of placing a HyperText Markup Language (HTML)
source on the ITcon WWW server and PostScript version in an
electronic archive.

3. SUBSCRIPTIONS (WWW site, mailing list, printed edition)

This electronic journal is distributed freely to the ITcon
subscribers. Primary means of distribution is the World Wide Web.
The ITcon home page is under construction at:

        http://itcon.fagg.uni-lj.si/~itcon/

An ITcon.announce mailing list has been set up to distribute news,
announcements, calls for papers and abstracts of published papers.
The list is not public - no discussion may take place in the list and
only the editors are allowed to write into it so it should really be
a low volume high content information source. To keep in touch with
the developments related to the journal, please subscribe! 

To subscribe send email to:
        [email-masked] 

Write
        sub itcon.announce
        end

in the body of the message. Upon subscription you will receive more 
information on the journal.

ITcon will also consider publishing printed hardbound yearly volumes 
which would become available at similar cost as the yearly subscriptions 
of other journals.

4. MASTHEAD

PUBLISHER
  Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden.

TITLE EDITOR

  Prof. Bo-Christer Bjoerk [email-masked]
        Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Stockholm, Sweden.

ASSOCIATE EDITORS

  Prof. Charles M. Eastman    [email-masked]
        University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA), USA.
 
  Asst. Prof. Ziga Turk    [email-masked]
        University of Ljubljana, Slovenia.

  Dr. Dana J. Vanier       [email-masked]
        Institute for Research in Construction, Ottawa, Canada.

EDITORIAL ADVISORY BOARD
 
The following international IT experts in all construction 
disciplines have already agreed to participate on the board: 

 Robert Amor,
        University of Auckland, New Zealand. 
 Godfried Augenbroe,
        Delft University of Technology, Netherlands. 
 Marin P. Betts,
        University of Salford, United Kingdom. 
 Alan Bridges,
        University of Strathclyde, United Kingdom. 
 Per Christiansson,
        Lund University, Sweden. 
 Robin Drogemuller,
        James Cook University of North Queensland, Australia. 
 Thomas Froese,
        University of British Columbia, Canada.
 James Garrett, 
        Carnegie Mellon University, USA. 
 John Gero,
        University of Sydney, Australia. 
 Matti Hannus,
        Technical Research Centre of Finland, Finland. 
 Krishan S. Mathur,
        National University of Singapore, Singapore. 
 Patrice Poyet,
        CSTB, France. 
 Ron Sharpe,
        CISRO, Australia. 
 Ian Smith, 
        Federal Institute of Technology, Switzerland.
 Raimar J. Scherer,
        Technische Universitaet Dresden, Germany. 
 Tor G. Syvertsen, 
        The Norwegian Institute of Technology, Norway. 
 Paul M. Teicholz,
        Stanford University, USA. 
 Iris D. Tommelein,
        University of Michigan, USA.
 James A. Turner,
        University of Michigan, USA.
 Robert Woodbury,
        University of Adelaide, Australia. 

We would like you to consider subscribing to the ITcon.announce list
and hereby call for papers within the scope of the journal. Please
forward this announcement and call to your friends and colleagues.

        Bo-Christer Bjoerk
        Charles M. Eastman
        Ziga Turk
        Dana J. Vanier

For more information:
* subscribe to the itcon.announce list
* visit http://itcon.fagg.uni-lj.si/~itcon/
* ask the editors who receive mail as [email-masked]

From La Empire Sun May 28 17:02:30 EDT 1995
Article: 2142 of sci.engr.lighting
Path: bigblue.oit.unc.edu!concert!gatech!swrinde!howland.reston.ans.net!nctuccca.edu.tw!aladdin.iii.org.tw!shts.seed.net.tw!usenet
From: [email-masked] (LA King)
Newsgroups: sci.engr.lighting
Subject: UV LIght?  Help Me!
Date: Thu, 25 May 1995 16:28:38 GMT
Organization: de Fomosa
Lines: 17
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: La Empire
NNTP-Posting-Host: 192.72.75.113
X-Newsreader: Forte Free Agent v0.55

Hi everybody on Internet:

 I has a quit silly question, that is How many kinds of UV LIght?
and how does it work? 
 I want to take that to deal with photochemical, but I cannot really
know what's kind can take effect.
 I do wish somebody can help me.  thanks

\\\\\ /////      Lawrence 
 \ ^   ^ /   [email-masked]
  ( o o )
   / O \
  // - \\   
  \\|||//