Subject: Near UV phosphors

From: [email-masked] (Craig Bingman)
Date: 5 Sep 1995 23:55:10 GMT

All--

I'm looking for information on fluorescent lamps which produce substantial
quantities of near-UV radiation.  It seems that most black-light lamps
give a ~350 nm peak.  That is shorter than I would like.  I'm looking for
something in the gap between conventional black light lamps and 03
actinic lamps (420 nm peak.)  

I'm aware that sylvania makes a lamp with a ~365 nm peak, which is 
closer to what I'm looking for.

If anyone has any leads on other lamps with peaks between let us
say 360 and 410 nm, I would greatly appreciate that information.

Thank you,

Craig Bingman

---

From: Zvonimir Tomislav Hlousek <[email-masked]>
Date: 6 Sep 1995 20:14:17 GMT

[email-masked] (Craig Bingman) wrote:

>I'm looking for information on fluorescent lamps which produce
>substantial quantities of near-UV radiation.  It seems that most 
>black-light lamps give a ~350 nm peak.  That is shorter than I would
>like.  I'm looking for something in the gap between conventional black >light lamps and 03 actinic lamps (420 nm peak.)  
>

You may want to contact lamp manufacturers like UVP and BHK (both is LA area). They should be able to make a lamp for you with custom phosphor mixture that will give you the output you want.
Here are the phone numbers:
UVP: (800) 452-6788
BHK: (909) 593-6590

I hope this helps.

Z. Hlousek

---

From: [email-masked] (Frank Jahnke)
Date: 6 Sep 1995 11:22:22 -0700

Try Voltarc (203-255-2633).  They are the largest mfg. of "semi-custom" 
lamps, and would be happy to make a lamp appropriate for your needs.  I 
know that they have phosphors emitting near 311, 355/350, 351, 368, and 
420 nm; I'm sure they have others.

Frank Jahnke, Ph.D.
LightStream Photocatalytic