Subject: Re: Germicidal lamps

From: [email-masked] (Dimitri Sirota)
Date: 8 May 1995 06:58:41 GMT

I am looking for information on the use of HV UV lamps for 
large-scale industrial water purification applications. I understand
there are some waterworks (in Californai for example) which prefer this
method of purification over chlorine. Can anyone provide information o
the efficacy of the UV technology, and on whatever competing technologies
exist for this application? Does anyone know of any companies directly
involved in UV water purification? 
			Thanks,
					Mike

---

From: Solarchem <[email-masked]>
Date: 10 May 1995 19:15:39 GMT

Solarchem Environmental Systems is active in the field of industrial   
purification using Rayox UV-Oxidation systems. The Rayox systems use high   
power (3o KW) ,high intensity UV-C output lamps to photolize H2O2 to   
produce hydroxyl radicals (OH) which initiate the rapid oxidation of   
waterborne contaminants. The high intensity of UV-C is also effective in   
destroying virus and bacteria in water. 

For more information please [email-masked] 
 
P.S. sorry for the duplication.