Subject: Re: lighting manufacturers

From: [email-masked] (Joe Mann)
Date: 6 Sep 1995 05:09:36 -0400

At 02:46 PM 9/4/95 -0500, you wrote:
>I am a student at the University of Kansas doing research on the topic of
>lamp manufacturing.  I was wondering if anybody could suggest sources of
>information that I might write to or call, or books/periodicals that I
>might purchase or check out from a library.  Any information addition to
>the little that I have so far would be very much appreciated.  Please
>respond to me personally at:
>
>[email-masked]
>

I am a lighting representative in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area.  Our
company carries several lines of lighting sources.  One of our lines is
Supreme Lighting Corporation of Mullins, SC.  Supreme is the last independent
manufacturer of lamps in the US.  It is family owned, and is in it's third
generation, of ownership by the Siegel family.  You may want to contact them
at 1-800-922-6693.  They have a cover sheet in their catalog that explains
it's history, and genesis.  The people at the factory are very friendly and
I'm sure that they will be glad to help you.

PS. mail sent to: [email-masked], bounces...

                      _\|/_
                      (o o)
    ---------------oOO-(_)-OOo----------------
   | [email-masked]        73's de: KA0YUA |
   |     www.skypoint.net/subscribers/joem/   |
    ------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked] (Don Ernst)
Date: 06 Sep 1995 21:26:34 GMT

Get a copy of the IES, Illuiminating Engineering Society, handbook from your
college library.  It is full of data about lamps from a technical,
specification and design standpoint.
+-------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Kamilche Mac BBS, (360) 426-3262, (360) 426-2742, (360) 426-8928. |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Don't send me files or attachments larger than 30K combined!      |
| Send large items to [email-masked] w/forwarding instructions.  |
+-------------------------------------------------------------------+