Subject: Re: Electrodeless Lamps

From: [email-masked] (HGBII)
Date: 26 May 1995 22:13:36 -0400

Try Philips Lighting....they have a 'Q' lamp that operates without
filaments.

---

From: [email-masked] (OnoNeon)
Date: 27 May 1995 01:59:08 -0400

In answer to the following search on electrodless lamps:
Any of the five noble gasses can be excited with a small Tesla Coil when
introduced into a vacuum tube. Some of the earliest luminous tubes used
carbon dioxide as a filling gas. However, sticking with a nobel gas will
yield a longer life.
I have succesfully illuminated neon and argon filled tubs in a microwave.
The hardest part is creating a pure enviorment for the nobel gas.
Traditional bombarding techniques have to be put aside and oven annealing
needs to be employed. Ask a local sign shop supplier for a high frequency
leak detector and you will get a small and commercially safe Tesla
Coil.For more info contact me. Ono...ono....
Ono Neon
Viva le Lumens
Shadowmaker Inc.
ph.201 694-2585