Subject: Right Light Three Proccedin

From: [email-masked] (Nils Borg)
Date: 13 Aug 1995 10:20:45 -0400

ANGÅENDE                 Right Light Three Proccedings available

RIGHT LIGHT THREE PROCEEDINGS AVAILABLE NOW

A very comprehensive, reliable and authoritative update on the status of
energy-efficient lighting programs and technologies around the world.

Proceedings from Right Light Three, the 3rd European Conference on
Energy-Efficient Lighting

·	50 peer-reviewed papers and 30 poster papers by authors from 30 countries
·	575 pages in two volumes on different aspects of energy-efficient lighting

VOLUME ONE: PEER-REVIEWED PAPERS in five broad topic areas:
·	IMPLEMENTATION, including 21 papers under the following headlines: National
Programmes and Perspectives, Commercial and Industrial Lessons from the Field,
Residential Lessons From the Field, and Technology Push and Lighting Quality.
Implementation papers mainly cover Brazil, China, India, Mexico, Netherlands,
Poland, Sweden, UK, and USA.
·	LIGHTING SYSTEMS, including 12 papers on Daylighting, Lighting Design
Software, Controls and Daylight, and Lighting Design and Application Issues.
These papers cover case and comparative studies on the application of
traditional technologies as well as state-of-the-art technologies such as
sulphur lamps and hollow light guide systems, advanced daylight systems, and
daylight dimming systems. Papers from Canada, Denmark, Italy, Norway, Germany,
UK, and USA.
·	STANDARDS, GUIDELINES, AND POLICY ISSUES including eight papers under three
subcategories: Five papers (from Canada, Denmark, UK, and USA) give a general
overview on policy options and discuss the feasibility of European lighting
standards, as well as discussing component testing and technology-specific
standards. Three papers give updates on the new UK, Dutch and US National
Standards and Guidelines.
·	LIGHTING AND ENVIRONMENT, including six papers under two subcategories:
Economics and Life-Cycle Analyses, and "Sky Glow" with authors from Germany,
Japan, the Netherlands, Norway, UK, and Sweden.
·	LIGHTING AND RENEWABLES, with four papers on PV-based lighting systems.
Here, general technology overviews as well as two papers on the national
large-scale programs in Vietnam and Sri Lanka are presented.

VOLUME TWO contain POSTER PAPERS from all five topic areas, including papers
on:

·	CFL Programs in Brazil
·	Light loggers as a low-cost method for evaluating lighting savings
·	Electricity conservation and T&D losses in electricity grids
·	Public lighting in the Netherlands
·	Lighting design and energy analysis software
·	Using lighting patterns to change lighting practice
·	Public electric utility perspectives
·	Comparisons between various luminaire types and their light distribution
·	Integrating daylight and artificial lighting in developing-country
situations
·	Sulphur lamps and advanced reflector-based light distribution
·	general overviews and commercial/industrial case studies from Argentina,
India, Lithuania, the Netherlands, Poland, Romania, USA
·	Industrial and Public Lighting standards and guidelines from Romania and
Denmark

Right Light Three, the 3rd European Conference on Energy-Efficient Lighting,
was organised by Northern Electric on behalf of the International Association
for Energy-Efficient Lighting (IAEEL). The conference took place in Newcastle
upon-Tyne, England, June 18-21, 1995. The third conference in this series of
bi-annual conference was the most international event so far with more than
200 participants from 40 countries.

Proceedings cost GBP 120 (surface mail) and GBP 130 (air mail). Invoice will
be included with the proceedings. Two or copies to the same address (and on
the same invoice) cost GBP200 (300 for three copies etc). ) (GBP 210, 310,
etc. for air delivery)

Order proceedings from (please state if you prefer air delivery)
Right Light Three Conference Office
Northern Electric
Carliol House
Market Street
Newcastle-upon-Tyne NE1 6NE
phone: + 44 191 235 2801
Fax: + 44 191 235 2898

OR:

You can also Email your order to me, Nils Borg, <[email-masked]> and I
will forward your request to Northern Electric.