Subject: fibre-optic HID lighting

From: [email-masked] (John MacDonald)
Date: 9 Aug 1995 18:47:22 GMT

I seem to recall a company which made a type of fibre optic lighting for 
HID ballasts.  I think that lamp/ballast were located remotely and that
light was transfered by fibre optics.  Anyone have information on this?

***********************************************
... and crawling on the planet's face
	some insects called the human race...
... lost in time ... lost in space
... and meaning
***********************************************

---

From: [email-masked] (BA6)
Date: 11 Aug 1995 13:20:09 -0400

Lighting Services Inc (800)999-9574 has and HID light box (150 watts) with
fiber optics available.  Their fax number is (914)942-2177.

---

From: [email-masked] (AnVes)
Date: 12 Aug 1995 10:00:30 -0400

Most mfrs. of fiber optic cable also build illuminators with HID light
sources.  Fiberstars in Fremont, California manufacturers fiber optic
cable for side-emitting and end-emitting purposes, along with 150w and
400w metal halide illuminators.  These illuminators offer high light
output and long lamp life.  One drawback of metal halide and other HID
lamps is not much red in their color spectrum.  So, even with dichroic
filters, you won't get deep red colors. For more info call 1-800-327-7877.
Regards, 
[email-masked] (Tony Vespoli)