Subject: Unified Professional Theatre Auditions/Correction

From: [email-masked] (MDetroit)
Date: 4 Nov 1995 02:47:14 -0500

THIS NOTICE CONTAINS CORRECTIONS from the last posting on UPTA

A new set of professional theatre auditions called the Unified
Professional Theatre Auditions will be held in Memphis, TN on February
17th (Sat.), 18th (Sun.) & 19th (Mon.), 1996.  Registered theatres must
provide PAID positions, company or internship, Equity or non-Equity. 
Actors must have a post-graduate degree (MFA, MA, PhD, etc.) in theatre by
8/96, OR be a member of Equity, OR be Equity Eligible, OR have Equity
points, OR have attended last year's auditions, OR have their registration
form signed by a registered UPTA theatre, and must be available for work
year-round, not just during the summer. Tech/Admin. candidates must be
available year-round and have an undergraduate degree in technical or
administrative theatre by 8/96, or be an Equity Stage Manager, or have
their registration signed by a registered UPTA theatre.  If you are a
theatre representative, actor, technical, or administrative candidate who
meets the above qualifications, you can receive more information by
contacting UPTA at 51 S. Cooper St., Memphis, TN  38104, or contact
Michael Detroit, Audition Coordinator, UPTA, by e-mail (AOL=MDetroit,
Internet=[email-masked]).

-Michael Detroit-
[email-masked]

THESE THEATRES ATTENDED THE 1995 UPTAs.

Arkansas Arts Center Children's Theatre, Little Rock, AR;
Arkansas Repertory Theatre Company, Little Rock, AR; 
ArtReach Touring Theatre, Cincinnati, OH;
Barter Theatre, Abingdon, VA;
Birmingham Children's Theatre, Birmingham, AL;
The Blowing Rock Stage Company, Blowing Rock, NC; 
Busch Gardens, Tampa, FL;
Charlotte Repertory Theatre, Charlotte, NC; 
Circa '21 Dinner Theatre, Rock Island, IL;
Cumberland County Playhouse, Crossville, TN; 
Festival of Southern Theatre, University, MS
Flat Rock Playhouse, Flat Rock, NC; 
Greenbrier Valley Theatre/Greenbrier Rep., Lewisburg, WV;
Hope Summer Repertory Theatre, Holland, MI;
Horse Cave Theatre, Horse Cave, KY;  
Jenny Wiley Drama Association, Inc., Prestonburg, KY;
Lexington Children's Theatre, Lexington, KY; 
MA Productions, Kansas City, MO;
Murry's Dinner Playhouse, Little Rock, AR;
Nebraska Theatre Caravan, Omaha, NE;
New Stage Theatre, Jackson, MS; 
Northern Lights Playhouse, Hazelhurst, WI;
The Old Creamery Theatre Company, Garrison, IA; 
Playhouse on the Square, Memphis, TN;
Pritchard Productions, Marshall, MI;
Repertory Theatre of America/Alpha-Omega Players, Rockport, TX;
Texas Shakespeare Festival at Kilgore College, Kilgore, TX; 
Warehouse Theatre, Greenville, SC;
Wildwood Park for the Performing Arts, Little Rock, AR

THESE THEATRES MAY JOIN THEM IN 1996!
Alley Theatre, Houston, TX; Beef & Boards Dinner Theatre, Indianapolis,
IN; Burt Reynold's Institute for Theatre, Tequesta, FL; Creede Repertory
Theatre, Creede, CO; Ensemble Theatre of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH;
Golden Apple Dinner Theatre, Sarasota, FL; Horizon Theatre Company,
Atlanta, GA; Human Race Theatre Company, Dayton, OH; Kentucky Shakespeare
Festival, Louisville, KY; Pennsylvania Stage Company, Allentown, PA;
Theatre IV, Richmond, VA; Virginia Stage Company, Norfolk, VA; Zachary
Scott Theatre Center, Austin, TX

**************************************************************************
**
REGISTRATION INFORMATION

Actor/Tech/Admin. Registration = $20.00 through December 31, 1995, $30.00
after December 31, 1995
Theatre Registration = $100.00 after September 17, 1995
For registration information and brochures, please contact Michael
Detroit, Audition Coordinator, Unified Professional Theatre Auditions, 51
S. Cooper St., Memphis, Tennessee, 38104, 901-725-0776, FAX 901-272-7530
**************************************************************************
**
Please note that all money received will be used for administrative costs,
audition expenses, publicity, printing, and postage. This event is NOT a
money-making venture for a for-profit organization.