Subject: Re: software controlled dimmers

From: [email-masked] (ZARNOTT)
Date: 8 Mar 1995 22:13:24 -0500

I guess if you have a controller that converts digital to 0 -10VDC you can
drive the Advance MKVII, and Motorola Helios Ballasts.  

Lutron's new ballast is called Eco-10 because it is a 10% dimming ballast
as compared to the Hi-lume 1% model.  They use a phase control 3-wire
system that would need to be run through an inexpensive module they call a
"BCI" to be controlled via a 0-10VDC signal.  If you call them, they may
have another way they dim via computer.  Talk to Dave Luchaco.  He's one
of the best dimming engineers on the planet.

BTW - They have been shipping the Eco-10 for a couple months now.

Mike Z

---

From: [email-masked] (ZARNOTT)
Date: 8 Mar 1995 22:13:24 -0500

Mike Z

---

From: [email-masked] (mark stephens)
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 15:19:46 -0500

Sorry if I'm jumping into the middle of a thread....

Are these for fluorescent lights?  And if so, what would be a ball park
price and can these be purchased at a good local lighting store?

thanks!

mark