Subject: Black light sources?

From: [email-masked] (Paul H.)
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 1995 19:29:26 -0500

I am looking for a regular blacklight but in a powerful flood light form.

Please give me phone #s of mailorder places, or somewhere in the boston
area where I might find them.

Thanks very much in advance

---

From: [email-masked] (Phil Morrow)
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 1995 04:37:57 GMT

>Thanks very much in advance
Paul:
I am assuming you need this for "black light" effects ie: day-glo etc.
Call your local theatrical rental house and ask for "UV Beehives".
(From the buzzing sound the ballasts used to make ICYWTK)
These used to be a mercury source with a "black light"coloured glass
filter that is used for floodlighting stages. They used to be produced
by Altman lighting in Yonkers NY, but I am sure that lots of
improvement has been made in the last few years. If my memory serves
me correct a rental house called "Barbizon" is located near or in the
Boston area and they are one of the best in the business. Failing that
look in the yellow pages under lighting suppliers, theatrical. These
are relatively common fixtures. 
If you need true UV sources (ie: specific wavelength for germicide or
research purposes) try your local  OSRAM/Sylvannia, Philips or GE
lighting reps. They can tell you about the lamp and maybe who has a
fixture for it although this is pretty
specialised/expensive/dangerous.

Hope this helps

Phil Morrow M.I.E.S.
Phil Morrow Consulting
http://www.mbnet.mb.ca/pmconsult
Lighting in Canada
http://www.mbnet.mb.ca/pmconsult/corner.html