Subject: New issue of Electronic Green Journal available

From: Pollastro Mike <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 1994 02:20:46 GMT

Please forgive the duplication caused by cross-posting of the
following to several library and environmental listservs.  Please
feel free to forward this posting to any individual or list that
would be interested in it.

The University of Idaho Library announces the availability of the
second issue of the ELECTRONIC GREEN JOURNAL (ISSN: 1076-
7975).

The ELECTRONIC GREEN JOURNAL is a professional refereed
publication devoted to disseminating information concerning
sources on international environmental topics including:
assessment, conservation, development, disposal, education,
hazards, pollution, resources, technology, and treatment.
Environmental issues  frequently cross national borders; therefore,
our journal encourages the international sharing of environmental
expertise. The journal serves  communities as an educational
environmental resource, and includes both  practical and scholarly
articles, bibliographies, reviews, editorial  comments, and
announcements.  We are academically sponsored; however, our
focus is for the educated generalist as well as the specialist.

Advertisements are accepted at a rate of $150/screen (24 lines x 70
characters/line) or portion thereof for commercial organizations and
$75/screen for non-profit organizations.  Text or images can be
accommodated.

The journal is available via gopher, worldwide web, ftp
or by subscription.

To subscribe, send an email message to [email-masked]
with the following in the body of the message:
     subscribe egj your_email_address

Addresses:

  gopher:   gopher.uidaho.edu   (menu choice:  University of Idaho
Electronic Publications)

  worldwide web:   http://gopher.uidaho.edu/1/UI_gopher/library/egj/

  anonymous ftp:   ftp.uidaho.edu (directory: pub/docs/publications/EGJ
           PLEASE NOTE: gif files must be ftp-ed in BINARY mode

Original contributions from authors are welcome.  Guidelines for
authors are available from the editors.  Send contributions,
advertisements, requests for guidelines, or requests for any other
information about the journal to:

Maria Jankowska,  [email-masked]
Francis Griego, [email-masked]
Mike Pollastro, [email-masked]

The contents of the second issue are listed below.  The filename in the
ftp archive precedes the author and/or title of each contribution.

ELECTRONIC GREEN JOURNAL Volume 1, Issue 2, November 1994
TABLE OF CONTENTS

egj-toc.txt Table of Contents

polla01.txt Mike Pollastro, From the Editor

lewis01.txt Deanna L. Lewis and Ron Chepesiuk, The International Trade In
Toxic Waste: A Selected Bibliography Of Sources  A bibliography focusing
on how strict environmental  protection in the West is contributing to a
buildup of the dangerous waste in the Third World.

polon01.txt Michael Jay Polonsky  An Introduction To Green Marketing   The
scope and importance of the relationship between business and the environment,
and a survey of the pitfalls and abuses.

polon01.gif  GRAPHIC:  Figure 1.  "I Damage the Environment Because..."
<Picture>

groat01.txt Greta de Groat, Population And The Environment   Evaluation of
sources which focus on the importance of world population growth, one of the
major ecological issues.

stoss01.txt Frederick W. Stoss, Environmental Education: Back to Basics
Educational materials on current environmental problems.

link01.txt Terry Link Environmental Resources  News in brief of
environmentally related publications, online databases, and other resources.

press.gif  ADVERTISEMENT:  University of Idaho Press <Picture>

brown01.txt Greg Brown reviews Land Conservation Through Public/Private
Partnerships

ruff01.txt Gene Ruffin reviews Story Earth: Native Voices on the Environment

stoss01.txt  Frederick W. Stoss  reviews Three Children's Environmental Books

foss01.txt  Beverley Foss reviews Water Quality and Availability: a Reference
Handbook

foss02.txt  Beverley Foss reviews Fundamentals of Environmental Science and
Technology

kinne01.txt Sheri Kinney reviews Trails for the Twenty-First Century

weint01.txt Irwin Weintraub reviews Defining Sustainable Forestry

kaag01.txt Cindy Kaag reviews Environmental Poisons in Our Food

sawye01.txt Benjamin Sawyer reviews Guardians of the Whales

whart01.txt Dale Wharton reviews The Greenpeace Guide to Anti-
environmental Organizations

evere01.txt  Melissa Everett reviews Whole Terrain: Reflective Environmental
Practice
------------------------------------------------------------
Mike Pollastro
Head, Reference Services
University of Idaho Library, Moscow, ID 83843
[email-masked]
208-885-2504 (Voice)  208-885-6817 (Fax)

New issue of Electronic Green Journal available