Subject: Re: Query: risk of contamination from pressure treated wood

From: [email-masked] (Lara Wiggert)
Date: 24 Oct 1994 14:44:09 -0000

Ms. Clark,

Regarding your treated wood query, the EPA has several publications on 
the topic of wood preservation which discuss toxicity - I just glanced at 
one we have at hand, and it mentions cadmium, chromium, copper and zinc 
as heavy metals used in this type of process.  Also, you may want to look 
for a CD-Rom database called Environment Abstracts at your University 
library - this is a popular database and many schools subscribe to it.

It is possible to log onto the EPA's online library system for yourself 
(brochures explaining how to do this are available), or, you could submit 
an information request to us, as we handle questions from outside the U.S.

Our contact information is as follows:

INFOTERRA/USA
EPA Headquarters Library/3404
401 M St., SW
Washington, D.C.  20460
202-260-5917
FAX: 202-260-3923

Sending a fax is recommended so that we will have your complete contact 
information and details of your information needs.

Lara Wiggert
Reference Librarian
INFOTERRA/USA