Subject: Number 102 in the series--Convair F-102 Delta Dagger (4 of 5)

From: [email-masked]
Date: 9 Dec 93 15:50:19 GMT

>From [email-masked]

The F-102 Delta Dagger was used by only two foreign air forces, those 
of Greece and Turkey.  

Beginning in 1968, approximately fifty F-102As and TF-102As were 
transferred to Turkey from USAF stocks.  Before transfer to Turkey, 
they were overhauled by CASA in Seville.  They were assigned to No.  
142 Squadron at Murted and No.  181 Squadron at Merzifon.  They 
remained in service until about 1970.  

In light of the supply of Delta Daggers to Turkey, it probably comes 
as no surprise that F-102As and TF-102As were also transferred to 
Greece.  Greece acquired about 25 of these aircraft for use by the 114 
Wing at Tanagra.  

Sources:

  General Dynamics Aircraft and their Predecessors, John Wegg,
  Naval Institute Press, 1990.

  United States Military Aircraft Since 1909, Gordon Swanborough and
  Peter M. Bowers, Smithsonian, 1989.

  The American Fighter, Enzo Angelucci and Peter Bowers, Orion, 1987.

  Fighters of the United States Air Force, Robert F. Dorr and
  David Donald, Temple Press Aerospace, 1990.

  American Combat Planes, Third Enlarged Edition, Ray Wagner, Doubleday,
  1982.

  The World Guide to Combat Planes, William Green, MacDonald, London, 1966

  The World's Fighting Planes, William Green, Doubleday, 1964.

  The Aircraft of the World, William Green and Gerald Pollinger, Doubleday,
  1965.

Joe Baugher		AT&T Bell Laboratories   	
2000 North Naperville Road      Naperville, Illinois 60566-7033