Subject: Vought F-8 Crusader (15 of 18)

From: [email-masked] (joseph.f.baugher)
Date: 20 Sep 94 02:16:53 GMT

The designation F-8M was was reserved for a proposal for the 
remanufacture of low-time F-8As.  However, by this time, very few 
F-8As were still around and the idea never achieved fruition.  

Sources:

    Vought F-8 Crusader, Peter Mersky, Osprey, 1981.

    The American Fighter, Enzo Angelucci and Peter Bowers, Orion, 1987.

    United States Navy Aircraft Since 1911, Gordon Swanborough and
    Peter M. Bowers, Smithsonian, 1989.

    Ray Wagner, American Combat Planes, Third Enlarged Edition,
    Doubleday, 1982.

Joe Baugher			**************************************
AT&T Bell Laboratories		*  "Round up the usual suspects."    *
1000 E. Warrenville Road	**************************************
P. O. Box 3013
Naperville, Illinois 60566-7013		
(708) 713 4548				
uscbu!jfb                     Who, me?  Speak for AT&T?  Surely you jest!	
[email-masked]