Subject: Hamas Covenant - Full Text
From: Shaul Wallach <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1992 08:59:31 IST
Newsgroups: talk.politics.mideast

In response to several requests, I am posting herewith
the complete text of the Covenant of the Islamic Resistance
Movement (Hamas). It is, to the best of my ability, a
verbatim reproduction of the official English version,
with the same pagination and line division.

Shalom,

Shaul Wallach

---------------------------------------------------------------------

                            The Covenant
                               of the
                     Islamic Resistance Movement

                           18 August 1988

               In The Name Of The Most Merciful Allah

"Ye  are the  best  nation that  hath been  raised  up unto  mankind:
ye  command  that  which  is  just,  and  ye  forbid  that  which  is
unjust,  and  ye believe  in Allah.   And if  they who  have received
the  scriptures had  believed,  it  had  surely been  the better  for
them:   there are  believers among  them,   but the  greater part  of
them are  transgressors.  They  shall not  hurt you,   unless with  a
slight hurt;  and  if they fight against you,  they  shall turn their
backs  to you,   and  they shall  not be  helped.   They are  smitten
with  vileness  wheresoever  they  are  found;   unless  they  obtain
security by  entering into a  treaty with  Allah,  and a  treaty with
men;   and  they draw  on  themselves  indignation from  Allah,   and
they are  afflicted with  poverty.  This  they suffer,   because they
disbelieved  the signs  of Allah,   and slew  the prophets  unjustly;
this,  because  they were  rebellious,  and  transgressed." (Al-Imran
- verses  109-111). (Translator's  Note:  Translations  of the  Koran
quotations  are  taken from  George  Sale's  "The Koran".   The  only
departure  is  the   word  "God"  which  is  replaced   by  the  word
"Allah" throughout.)

Israel  will  exist and  will  continue  to  exist until  Islam  will
obliterate  it,   just  as  it obliterated  others  before  it"  (The
Martyr, Imam Hassan al-Banna, of blessed memory).

"The Islamic world  is on fire.  Each  of us should pour  some water,
no  matter  how  little,   to extinguish  whatever  one  can  without
waiting  for  the  others."  (Sheikh  Amjad  al-Zahawi,   of  blessed
memory).

                                 -2-

In The Name Of The Most Merciful Allah

Introduction
    Praise  be  unto  Allah,   to  whom  we  resort  for  help,   and
whose forgiveness,   guidance and support  we seek;  Allah  bless the
Prophet  and grant  him salvation,   his  companions and  supporters,
and to  those who  carried out  his message  and adopted  his laws  -
everlasting prayers  and salvation  as long as  the earth  and heaven
will last. Hereafter:

O People:

    Out of the  midst of troubles and  the sea of suffering,   out of
the  palpitations  of faithful  hearts  and  cleansed arms;   out  of
the sense  of duty,  and  in response  to Allah's command,   the call
has  gone  out  rallying  people  together  and  making  them  follow
the ways  of Allah,  leading  them to  have determined will  in order
to  fulfill their  role in  life,   to overcome  all obstacles,   and
surmount  the difficulties  on  the  way.  Constant  preparation  has
continued and  so has the  readiness to  sacrifice life and  all that
is precious for the sake of Allah.

    Thus  it was  that  the nucleus  (of  the  movement)  was  formed
and  started  to  pave  its  way   through  the  tempestuous  sea  of
hopes and  expectations,  of wishes  and yearnings,  of  troubles and
obstacles, of pain and challenges, both inside and outside.

    When  the idea  was ripe,   the seed  grew and  the plant  struck
root  in the  soil  of reality,   away  from  passing emotions,   and
hateful   haste.   The   Islamic  Resistance   Movement  emerged   to
carry out  its role  through striving  for the  sake of  its Creator,

                                 -3-

its  arms  intertwined  with  those  of  all  the  fighters  for  the
liberation of Palestine.   The spirits of its fighters  meet with the
spirits of  all the fighters who  have sacrificed their lives  on the
soil of  Palestine,  ever  since it was  conquered by  the companions
of the Prophet,  Allah bless him  and grant him salvation,  and until
this day.

    This  Covenant  of  the   Islamic  Resistance  Movement  (HAMAS),
clarifies its  picture,  reveals its  identity,  outlines  its stand,
explains  its aims,   speaks  about its  hopes,   and  calls for  its
support,   adoption and  joining  its  ranks.  Our  struggle  against
the  Jews is  very  great and  very serious.   It  needs all  sincere
efforts.  It  is a step that  inevitably should be followed  by other
steps.    The  Movement   is  but   one  squadron   that  should   be
supported  by  more  and  more squadrons  from  this  vast  Arab  and
Islamic world,  until the enemy is  vanquished and Allah's victory is
realised.

    Thus  we see  them coming  on the  horizon "and  you shall  learn
about it hereafter" "Allah hath written,  Verily I will prevail,  and
my  apostles:   for Allah  is  strong  and  mighty." (The  Dispute  -
verse 21).

    "Say to  them,  This is  my way:  I invite  you to Allah,   by an
evident  demonstration;   both  I  and he  who  followeth  me;   and,
praise  be unto  Allah!   I  am not  an  idolator."  (Joseph -  verse
107).

    ---------------
    Hamas   (means)     strength   and   bravery    -(according   to)
Al-Mua'jam al-Wasit: c1.

                                 -4-

                             Chapter One
                             -----------

                     Definition of the Movement
                     --------------------------

Ideological Starting-Points
---------------------------

Article One:

    The    Islamic     Resistance    Movement:      The    Movement's
programme is Islam.  From it,  it  draws its ideas,  ways of thinking
and understanding  of the  universe,  life  and man.   It resorts  to
it for judgement  in all its conduct,   and it is inspired  by it for
guidance of its steps.

The   Islamic  Resistance   Movement's  Relation   With  the   Moslem
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Brotherhood Group:
------------------

Article Two:

    The  Islamic  Resistance   Movement  is  one  of   the  wings  of
Moslem  Brotherhood   in  Palestine.   Moslem   Brotherhood  Movement
is a  universal organization  which constitutes  the largest  Islamic
movement  in  modern   times.   It  is  characterised   by  its  deep
understanding,   accurate  comprehension  and  its  complete  embrace
of all  Islamic concepts  of all aspects  of life,   culture,  creed,
politics, economics, education, society,  justice and judgement,  the
spreading of Islam,   education,  art,  information,  science  of the
occult and conversion to Islam.

Structure and Formation
-----------------------

Article Three:

    The   basic  structure   of  the   Islamic  Resistance   Movement
consists  of  Moslems  who  have  given  their  allegiance  to  Allah

                                 -5-

whom  they truly  worship,  -  "I have  created the  jinn and  humans
only  for  the  purpose  of  worshipping"   -  who  know  their  duty
towards themselves,  their families and  country.  In all that,  they
fear  Allah  and raise  the  banner  of  Jihad  in the  face  of  the
oppressors,   so that  they  would rid  the land  and  the people  of
their uncleanliness, vileness and evils.

    "But we will  oppose truth to vanity,  and it  shall confound the
same; and behold, it shall vanish away." (Prophets - verse 18).

Article Four:

    The  Islamic  Resistance  Movement   welcomes  every  Moslem  who
embraces its  faith,  ideology,   follows its  programme,  keeps  its
secrets,   and  wants to  belong  to  its  ranks  and carry  out  the
duty. Allah will certainly reward such one.
Time and Place Extent of the Islamic Resistance Movement:
---------------------------------------------------------

Article Five:

    Time  extent of  the Islamic  Resistance  Movement:  By  adopting
Islam as  its way  of life,  the  Movement goes back  to the  time of
the birth  of the Islamic message,   of the righteous  ancestor,  for
Allah is  its target,  the  Prophet is its  example and the  Koran is
its constitution.   Its extent  in place is  anywhere that  there are
Moslems  who  embrace  Islam  as their  way  of  life  everywhere  in
the globe.   This being  so,  it extends  to the  depth of  the earth
and reaches out to the heaven.

    "Dost  thou   not  see  how   Allah  putteth  forth   a  parable;
representing a  good word,   as a  good tree,   whose root  is firmly
fixed in  the earth,   and whose branches  reach unto  heaven;  which
bringeth forth its  fruit in all seasons,   by the will of  its Lord?
Allah   propoundeth   parables   unto  men,    that   they   may   be
instructed." (Abraham - verses 24-25).

                                 -6-

Characteristics and Independence:
---------------------------------

Article Six:

    The   Islamic    Resistance   Movement    is   a    distinguished
Palestinian  movement,  whose  allegiance  is  to Allah,   and  whose
way  of life  is Islam.   It strives  to  raise the  banner of  Allah
over  every  inch  of  Palestine,   for   under  the  wing  of  Islam
followers  of  all  religions  can coexist  in  security  and  safety
where their  lives,  possessions  and rights  are concerned.   In the
absence of  Islam,  strife will  be rife,  oppression  spreads,  evil
prevails and schisms and wars will break out.

    How  excellent was  the  Moslem poet,   Mohamed  Ikbal,  when  he
wrote:  "If faith is lost,  there is no security and there is no life
for  him who  does  not  adhere to  religion.   He  who accepts  life
without religion, has taken annihilation as his companion for life."

The Universality of the Islamic Resistance Movement:
----------------------------------------------------

Article Seven:

    As  a  result of  the  fact  that  those  Moslems who  adhere  to
the  ways of  the Islamic  Resistance  Movement spread  all over  the
world,   rally  support  for  it  and  its  stands,   strive  towards
enhancing its  struggle,  the  Movement is  a universal  one.  It  is
well-equipped for that  because of the clarity of  its ideology,  the
nobility of its aim and the loftiness of its objectives.

    On  this basis,   the Movement  should be  viewed and  evaluated,
and  its  role be  recognised.   He  who  denies its  right,   evades
supporting   it  and   turns   a  blind   eye   to  facts,    whether
intentionally or  unintentionally,  would awaken  to see  that events
have overtaken  him and with no  logic to justify his  attitude.  One

                                 -7-

should certainly learn from past examples.
    The injustice  of next-of-kin  is harder to  bear than  the smite
of the Indian sword.

    "We  have  also  sent  down  unto thee  the  book  of  the  Koran
with  truth,  confirming  that scripture  which  was revealed  before
it;   and   preserving  the   same  safe   from  corruption.    Judge
therefore  between   them  according   to  that   which  Allah   hath
revealed;   and  follow not  their  desires,   by swerving  from  the
truth  which  hath  come  unto  thee.  Unto  every  of  you  have  we
given a law,   and an open path;   and if Allah had  pleased,  he had
surely made you one  people;  but he hath thought it  fit to give you
different laws,  that  he might try you  in that which he  hath given
you  respectively.  Therefore  strive  to excel  each  other in  good
works;  unto  Allah shall ye  all return,   and then will  he declare
unto  you  that concerning  which  ye  have disagreed."  (The  Table,
verse 48).

    The  Islamic Resistance  Movement  is one  of  the  links in  the
chain of  the struggle  against the Zionist  invaders.  It  goes back
to  1939,  to  the  emergence  of the  martyr  Izz  al-Din al  Kissam
and  his  brethren  the fighters,   members  of  Moslem  Brotherhood.
It  goes on  to reach  out and  become  one with  another chain  that
includes  the struggle  of the  Palestinians  and Moslem  Brotherhood
in  the   1948  war   and  the   Jihad  operations   of  the   Moslem
Brotherhood in 1968 and after.

    Moreover,   if  the  links  have been  distant  from  each  other
and if  obstacles,  placed by  those who  are the lackeys  of Zionism
in  the  way of  the  fighters  obstructed  the continuation  of  the
struggle,    the  Islamic   Resistance   Movement   aspires  to   the
realisation  of Allah's  promise,   no matter  how  long that  should
take.  The  Prophet,  Allah bless him  and grant him  salvation,  has
said:   "The Day  of  Judgement will  not  come  about until  Moslems
fight the  Jews (killing the  Jews),  when  the Jew will  hide behind

                                 -8-

stones  and trees.   The  stones and  trees will  say  O Moslems,   O
Abdulla,  there  is a Jew  behind me,  come  and kill him.   Only the
Gharkad  tree,  (evidently  a certain  kind  of tree)   would not  do
that  because it  is  one of  the  trees of  the  Jews." (related  by
al-Bukhari and Moslem).

The Slogan of the Islamic Resistance Movement:
----------------------------------------------

Article Eight:
    Allah is  its target,  the Prophet  is its model,  the  Koran its
constitution:  Jihad is its  path and death for the sake  of Allah is
the loftiest of its wishes.

                             CHAPTER TWO
                             -----------

                             OBJECTIVES
                             ----------

Incentives and Objectives:
--------------------------

Article Nine:

    The  Islamic Resistance  Movement  found itself  at  a time  when
Islam  has  disappeared  from  life.   Thus  rules  shook,   concepts
were  upset,    values  changed   and  evil   people  took   control,
oppression  and  darkness  prevailed,  cowards  became  like  tigers:
homelands were  usurped,  people  were scattered  and were  caused to
wander all  over the  world,  the  state of  justice disappeared  and
the state  of falsehood replaced it.   Nothing remained in  its right
place.   Thus,  when  Islam  is absent  from  the arena,   everything
changes. From this state of affairs the incentives are drawn.

    As  for  the  objectives:   They are  the  fighting  against  the
false, defeating it and vanquishing it so that justice could prevail,

                                 -9-

homelands  be retrieved  and  from its  mosques  would  the voice  of
the  mu'azen  emerge declaring  the  establishment  of the  state  of
Islam,  so  that people and things  would return each to  their right
places and Allah is our helper.

    "...and if  Allah had not prevented  men,  the one by  the other,
verily  the  earth had  been  corrupted:   but Allah  is  beneficient
towards his creatures." (The Cow - verse 251).

Article Ten:
    As  the  Islamic Resistance  Movement  paves  its way,   it  will
back  the oppressed  and  support the  wronged  with  all its  might.
It  will  spare   no  effort  to  bring  about   justice  and  defeat
injustice,  in  word and deed,  in  this place and everywhere  it can
reach and have influence therein.

                            CHAPTER THREE
                            -------------

                       STRATEGIES AND METHODS
                       ----------------------

           STRATEGIES OF THE ISLAMIC RESISTANCE MOVEMENT:
           ----------------------------------------------
                     PALESTINE IS ISLAMIC WAQF:
                     -------------------------

Article Eleven:

    The  Islamic  Resistance  Movement  believes  that  the  land  of
Palestine  is   an  Islamic  Waqf   consecrated  for   future  Moslem
generations until  Judgement Day.   It,  or any  part of  it,  should
not be squandered:  it,  or any part  of it,  should not be given up.
Neither  a  single Arab  country  nor  all Arab  countries,   neither
any king  or president,  nor all  the kings and  presidents,  neither
any  organization nor  all of  them,   be they  Palestinian or  Arab,
possess the  right to  do that.   Palestine is  an Islamic  Waqf land

                                -10-

consecrated  for  Moslem  generations   until  Judgement  Day.   This
being so,   who could  claim to  have the  right to  represent Moslem
generations till Judgement Day?

    This is  the law governing the  land of Palestine in  the Islamic
Sharia  (law)  and  the  same  goes for  any  land  the Moslems  have
conquered  by   force,   because  during   the  times   of  (Islamic)
conquests,    the  Moslems   consecrated   these   lands  to   Moslem
generations till the Day of Judgement.

    It  happened  like  this:   When   the  leaders  of  the  Islamic
armies conquered  Syria and  Iraq,  they  sent to  the Caliph  of the
Moslems,   Umar  bin-el-Khatab,   asking for  his  advice  concerning
the  conquered  land  -  whether they  should  divide  it  among  the
soldiers,    or  leave   it  for   its  owners,    or  what?    After
consultations  and discussions  between the  Caliph  of the  Moslems,
Omar  bin-el-Khatab  and  companions of  the  Prophet,   Allah  bless
him and  grant him salvation,   it was  decided that the  land should
be left  with its  owners who  could benefit  by its  fruit.  As  for
the real  ownership of the  land and the  land itself,  it  should be
consecrated  for  Moslem  generations   till  Judgement  Day.   Those
who are  on the  land,  are  there only  to benefit  from its  fruit.
This  Waqf  remains  as  long  as   earth  and  heaven  remain.   Any
procedure in  contradiction to  Islamic Sharia,   where Palestine  is
concerned, is null and void.

    "Verily,  this is a certain truth.   Wherefore praise the name of
thy Lord, the great Allah." (The Inevitable - verse 95).

Homeland  and Nationalism  from  the Point  of  View  of the  Islamic
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Resistance Movement in Palestine:
---------------------------------
Article Twelve:
    Nationalism,  from  the point of  view of the  Islamic Resistance
Movement,  is  part of the  religious creed.  Nothing  in nationalism
is  more  significant or  deeper  than  in  the  case when  an  enemy

                                -11-

should  tread  Moslem   land.   Resisting  and  quelling   the  enemy
become  the individual  duty of  every  Moslem,  male  or female.   A
woman  can  go   out  to  fight  the  enemy   without  her  husband's
permission, and so does the slave: without his master's permission.

    Nothing of  the sort is  to be found  in any other  regime.  This
is  an   undisputed  fact.   If   other  nationalist   movements  are
connected   with   materialistic,    human    or   regional   causes,
nationalism  of  the  Islamic  Resistance   Movement  has  all  these
elements as  well as the  more important  elements that give  it soul
and  life.   It  is  connected  to  the  source  of  spirit  and  the
granter of  life,  hoisting in the  sky of the homeland  the heavenly
banner that joins earth and heaven with a strong bond.

    If  Moses comes  and  throws his  staff,   both  witch and  magic
are annulled.

    "Now  is  the  right   direction  manifestly  distinguished  from
deceit:  whoever therefore  shall deny Tagut,  and  believe in Allah,
he shall surely take  hold with a strong handle,  which  shall not be
broken;   Allah is  he  who  heareth and  seeth."  (The  Cow -  Verse
256).

Peaceful Solutions, Initiatives and International Conferences:
--------------------------------------------------------------

Article Thirteen:

    Initiatives,  and so-called peaceful  solutions and international
conferences,  are in  contradiction to the principles  of the Islamic
Resistance  Movement.   Abusing  any  part   of  Palestine  is  abuse
directed  against  part  of religion.   Nationalism  of  the  Islamic
Resistance  Movement  is part  of  its  religion.  Its  members  have
been fed  on that.   For the  sake of  hoisting the  banner of  Allah
over  their homeland  they  fight.  "Allah  will  be prominent,   but
most people do not know."

                                -12-

    Now  and  then  the  call  goes  out  for  the  convening  of  an
international   conference  to   look  for   ways   of  solving   the
(Palestinian)  question.  Some accept,  others  reject the idea,  for
this or  other reason,  with one  stipulation or more for  consent to
convening  the  conference  and participating  in  it.   Knowing  the
parties  constituting   the  conference,   their  past   and  present
attitudes   towards   Moslem  problems,    the   Islamic   Resistance
Movement   does   not   consider   these   conferences   capable   of
realising  the demands,   restoring the  rights or  doing justice  to
the  oppressed.   These conferences  are  only  ways of  setting  the
infidels in  the land of  the Moslems  as arbitraters.  When  did the
infidels do  justice to  the believers?   "But the  Jews will  not be
pleased with thee,  neither the  Christians,  until thou follow their
religion;  say,  The  direction of Allah is the  true direction.  And
verily if thou follow their desires,   after the knowledge which hath
been given  thee,  thou  shalt find  no patron  or protector  against
Allah." (The Cow - verse 120).

    There  is  no  solution  for   the  Palestinian  question  except
through   Jihad.     Initiatives,    proposals    and   international
conferences  are  all  a  waste of  time  and  vain  endeavors.   The
Palestinian  people  know better  than  to  consent to  having  their
future,  rights  and fate toyed with.   As in said in  the honourable
Hadith:

    "The people  of Syria are  Allah's lash  in His land.   He wreaks
His   vengeance   through   them   against   whomsoever   He   wishes
among   His   slaves  It   is   unthinkable   that  those   who   are
double-faced  among them  should  prosper  over the  faithful.   They
will certainly die out of grief and desperation."
The Three Circles:
------------------
Article Fourteen:
    The question  of the  liberation of Palestine  is bound  to three
circles:  the  Palestinian circle,  the  Arab circle and  the Islamic

                                -13-

circle.  Each of  these circles has its role in  the struggle against
Zionism.  Each has  its duties,  and it  is a horrible mistake  and a
sign  of   deep  ignorance   to  overlook   any  of   these  circles.
Palestine  is  an  Islamic  land  which has  the  first  of  the  two
kiblahs (direction to  which Moslems turn in praying),   the third of
the  holy (Islamic)   sanctuaries,  and  the point  of departure  for
Mohamed's   midnight    journey   to   the   seven    heavens   (i.e.
Jerusalem).   "Praise be  unto  him who  transported  his servant  by
night,  from  the sacred  temple of  Mecca to  the farther  temple of
Jerusalem,  the  circuit of  which we  have blessed,   that we  might
show  him some  of our  signs;  for  Allah  is he  who heareth,   and
seeth." (The Night-Journey - verse 1).

    Since  this is  the case,   liberation  of Palestine  is then  an
individual  duty  for  very  Moslem wherever  he  may  be.   On  this
basis,  the  problem should  be viewed.  This  should be  realised by
every Moslem.

    The  day the  problem  is dealt  with on  this  basis,  when  the
three  circles mobilize  their capabilities,   the  present state  of
affairs  will change  and the  day  of liberation  will come  nearer.
"Verily ye  are stronger  than they,   by reason  of the  terror cast
into their  breasts from Allah.  This,   because they are  not people
of prudence." (The Emigration - verse 13).

The Jihad for the Liberation of Palestine is an Individual Duty:
----------------------------------------------------------------

Article Fifteen:

    The  day  that   enemies  usurp  part  of   Moslem  land,   Jihad
becomes  the  individual  duty  of every  Moslem.   In  face  of  the
Jews' usurpation of  Palestine,  it is compulsory that  the banner of
Jihad  be raised.   To  do this  requires  the  diffusion of  Islamic
consciousness  among the  masses,  both  on the  regional,  Arab  and

                                -14-

Islamic levels.   It is necessary to  instill the spirit of  Jihad in
the  heart of  the nation  so that  they would  confront the  enemies
and join the ranks of the fighters.

    It  is  necessary  that   scientists,   educators  and  teachers,
information  and  media people,   as  well  as the  educated  masses,
especially the  youth and sheikhs  of the Islamic  movements,  should
take  part  in  the  operation of  awakening  (the  masses).   It  is
important  that  basic changes  be  made  in the  school  curriculum,
to cleanse it of the traces  of ideological invasion that affected it
as  a result  of the  orientalists and  missionaries who  infiltrated
the region  following the  defeat of  the Crusaders  at the  hands of
Salah  el-Din  (Saladin).    The  Crusaders  realised  that   it  was
impossible to  defeat the  Moslems without  first having  ideological
invasion  pave the  way  by  upsetting their  thoughts,   disfiguring
their  heritage and  violating their  ideals.  Only  then could  they
invade with  soldiers.  This,  in  its turn,   paved the way  for the
imperialistic  invasion   that  made  Allenby  declare   on  entering
Jerusalem:   "Only  now  have  the   Crusades  ended."  General  Guru
stood  at Salah  el-Din's  grave and  said:   "We  have returned,   O
Salah  el-Din."  Imperialism  has helped  towards  the  strengthening
of ideological invasion, deepening,  and still does,  its roots.  All
this has paved the way towards the loss of Palestine.

    It  is  necessary   to  instill  in  the  minds   of  the  Moslem
generations  that the  Palestinian problem  is  a religious  problem,
and  should  be  dealt  with   on  this  basis.   Palestine  contains
Islamic holy sites.   In it there is  al- Aqsa Mosque which  is bound
to  the great  Mosque in  Mecca in  an  inseparable bond  as long  as
heaven  and earth  speak  of Isra`  (Mohammed's  midnight journey  to
the  seven  heavens)    and  Mi'raj  (Mohammed's  ascension   to  the
seven heavens from Jerusalem).

    "The  bond of  one  day for  the  sake of  Allah  is better  than
the world  and whatever  there is  on it.   The place  of one's  whip

                                -15-

in  Paradise is  far  better than  the world  and  whatever there  is
on  it.  A  worshipper's going  and coming  in the  service of  Allah
is  better  than  the  world  and  whatever  there  is  on  it."  (As
related by al-Bukhari, Moslem, al-Tarmdhi and Ibn Maja).

    "I  swear by  the holder  of Mohammed's  soul that  I would  like
to invade and  be killed for the  sake of Allah,  then  invade and be
killed,   and  then invade  again  and  be  killed." (As  related  by
al-Bukhari and Moslem).

The Education of the Generations:
---------------------------------

Article Sixteen:
    It is  necessary to follow  Islamic orientation in  educating the
Islamic  generations  in   our  region  by  teaching   the  religious
duties,   comprehensive  study  of  the  Koran,   the  study  of  the
Prophet's  Sunna  (his  sayings  and  doings),   and  learning  about
Islamic  history and  heritage from  their  authentic sources.   This
should  be  done   by  specialised  and  learned   people,   using  a
curriculum that  would healthily form the  thoughts and faith  of the
Moslem student.   Side by side with  this,  a comprehensive  study of
the enemy,   his human  and financial  capabilities,  learning  about
his  points  of weakness  and  strength,   and  getting to  know  the
forces supporting and  helping him,  should also  be included.  Also,
it  is  important to  be  acquainted  with  the current  events,   to
follow  what  is new  and  to  study  the analysis  and  commentaries
made  of  these  events.   Planning   for  the  present  and  future,
studying  every trend  appearing,  is  a  must so  that the  fighting
Moslem would  live knowing  his aim,   objective and  his way  in the
midst of what is going on around him.

    "O my  son,  verily every matter,   whether good or  bad,  though
it  be the  weight of  a grain  of  mustard-seed,  and  be hidden  in
a rock,  or in  the heavens,  or in the earth,   Allah will bring the
same to  light;  for Allah is  clear-sighted and knowing.  O  my son,

                                -16-

be  constant  at  prayer,   and command  that  which  is  just,   and
forbid that  which is  evil:  and  be patient  under the  afflictions
which shall befall thee;  for this  is a duty absolutely incumbent on
all  men.  Distort  not thy  face out  of contempt  to men,   neither
walk in  the earth  with insolence;   for Allah  loveth no  arrogant,
vain-glorious person." (Lokman - verses 16-18).

The Role of the Moslem Woman:
-----------------------------

Article Seventeen:

    The  Moslem woman  has  a role  no less  important  than that  of
the moslem  man in  the battle of  liberation.  She  is the  maker of
men.   Her role  in  guiding and  educating  the  new generations  is
great.   The  enemies  have  realised the  importance  of  her  role.
They  consider that  if they  are able  to  direct and  bring her  up
they  way they  wish,   far  from Islam,   they  would  have won  the
battle.  That  is why  you find them  giving these  attempts constant
attention  through information  campaigns,   films,   and the  school
curriculum,   using   for  that   purpose  their   lackeys  who   are
infiltrated  through Zionist  organizations under  various names  and
shapes,  such  as Freemasons,   Rotary Clubs,   espionage groups  and
others,  which  are all  nothing more  than cells  of subversion  and
saboteurs.    These   organizations   have   ample   resources   that
enable  them to  play  their role  in societies  for  the purpose  of
achieving  the  Zionist  targets  and to  deepen  the  concepts  that
would  serve   the  enemy.   These   organizations  operate   in  the
absence  of  Islam  and  its  estrangement  among  its  people.   The
Islamic  peoples  should  perform  their   role  in  confronting  the
conspiracies of  these saboteurs.   The day  Islam is  in control  of
guiding  the  affairs  of life,   these  organizations,   hostile  to
humanity and Islam, will be obliterated.

                                -17-

Article Eighteen:

    Woman  in the  home of  the fighting  family,  whether  she is  a
mother or a  sister,  plays the most important role  in looking after
the  family,   rearing  the  children and  embuing  them  with  moral
values  and thoughts  derived  from Islam.   She  has  to teach  them
to  perform the  religious  duties in  preparation  for  the role  of
fighting awaiting  them.  That is  why it  is necessary to  pay great
attention  to  schools  and  the  curriculum  followed  in  educating
Moslem  girls,  so  that  they  would grow  up  to  be good  mothers,
aware of their role in the battle of liberation.

    She  has  to   be  of  sufficient  knowledge   and  understanding
where  the   performance  of  housekeeping  matters   are  concerned,
because economy  and avoidance  of waste  of the  family budget,   is
one  of  the   requirements  for  the  ability   to  continue  moving
forward  in the  difficult  conditions  surrounding us.   She  should
put before  her eyes  the fact  that the  money available  to her  is
just like  blood which  should never  flow except  through the  veins
so that both children and grown-ups could continue to live.

    "Verily,  the Moslems  of either sex,  and the  true believers of
either sex,   and the  devout men,   and the  devout women,   and the
men  of  veracity,  and  the  women  of  veracity,  and  the  patient
men,  and  the patient women,   and the  humble men,  and  the humble
women,   and  the  alms-givers  of  either  sex  who  remember  Allah
frequently;   for  them   hath  Allah  prepared  forgiveness   and  a
great reward." (The Confederates - verse 25).

The Role of Islamic Art in the Battle of Liberation:
----------------------------------------------------

Article Nineteen:

    Art   has  regulations   and  measures   by  which   it  can   be
determined whether it  is Islamic or pre-Islamic  (Jahili)  art.  The

                                -18-

issues of  Islamic liberation are in  need of Islamic art  that would
take  the spirit  high,  without  raising  one side  of human  nature
above the  other,  but rather  raise all  of them harmoniously  an in
equilibrium.

    Man  is  a  unique  and  wonderful   creature,   made  out  of  a
handful  of clay  and a  breath  from Allah.   Islamic art  addresses
man  on  this  basis,   while  pre-Islamic  art  addresses  the  body
giving preference to the clay component in it.

    The book,  the article,  the  bulletin,  the sermon,  the thesis,
the popular poem,   the poetic ode,  the song,  the  play and others,
contain the  characteristics of  Islamic art,   then these  are among
the requirements of  ideological mobilization,  renewed food  for the
journey  and  recreation  for  the  soul.    The  road  is  long  and
suffering  is plenty.   The  soul will  be  bored,   but Islamic  art
renews  the energies,   resurrects the  movement,   arousing in  them
lofty  meanings  and  proper  conduct.    "Nothing  can  improve  the
self if it is in retreat except shifting from one mood to another."

    All  this is  utterly serious  and no  jest,  for  those who  are
fighters do not jest.

Social Mutual Responsibility:
-----------------------------

Article Twenty:

    Moslem   society  is   a  mutually   responsible  society.    The
Prophet,  prayers  and greetings  be unto  him,  said:   "Blessed are
the  generous,  whether  they  were in  town or  on  a journey,   who
have  collected  all  that  they had  and  shared  it  equally  among
themselves."

    The  Islamic  spirit  is  what should  prevail  in  every  Moslem
society.   The society  that  confronts a  vicious  enemy which  acts

                                -19-

in  a  way similar  to  Nazism,   making no  differentiation  between
man  and   woman,   between  children  and   old  people  -   such  a
society is entitled to this Islamic  spirit.  Our enemy relies on the
methods  of  collective  punishment.   He   has  deprived  people  of
their  homeland and  properties,   pursued them  in  their places  of
exile and gathering,   breaking bones,  shooting at  women,  children
and old  people,  with  or without  a reason.   The enemy  has opened
detention  camps  where   thousands  and  thousands  of   people  are
thrown  and kept  under sub-human  conditions.  Added  to this,   are
the  demolition  of  houses,   rendering  children  orphans,   meting
cruel  sentences against  thousands  of  young people,   and  causing
them  to spend  the best  years of  their  lives in  the dungeons  of
prisons.

    In  their  Nazi  treatment,   the  Jews  made  no  exception  for
women or  children.  Their policy  of striking  fear in the  heart is
meant  for  all.  They  attack  people  where their  breadwinning  is
concerned,   extorting  their  money and  threatening  their  honour.
They  deal with  people  as if  they were  the  worst war  criminals.
Deportation from the homeland is a kind of murder.

    To  counter these  deeds,   it is  necessary  that social  mutual
responsibility should  prevail among  the people.   The enemy  should
be  faced by  the people  as a  single body  which if  one member  of
it should  complain,  the rest of  the body would respond  by feeling
the same pains.

Article Twenty-One:

    Mutual   social   responsibility  means   extending   assistance,
financial or  moral,  to  all those who  are in  need and  joining in
the  execution  of  some  of  the   work.   Members  of  the  Islamic
Resistance  Movement should  consider  the  interests of  the  masses
as  their own  personal  interests.  They  must  spare  no effort  in
achieving  and preserving  them.   They must  prevent  any foul  play

                                -20-

with  the  future  of  the upcoming  generations  and  anything  that
could  cause loss  to  society.   The masses  are  part  of them  and
they are  part of the masses.   Their strength is theirs,   and their
future  is  theirs.   Members  of  the  Islamic  Resistance  Movement
should  share the  people's  joy and  grief,   adopt  the demands  of
the  public and  whatever  means by  which  they  could be  realised.
The day  that such  a spirit  prevails,  brotherliness  would deepen,
cooperation,   sympathy and  unity  will be  enhanced  and the  ranks
will be solidified to confront the enemies.

Supportive Forces Behind the Enemy:
-----------------------------------

Article Twenty-Two:

    For a  long time,   the enemies  have been  planning,  skillfully
and  with  precision,    for  the  achievement  of   what  they  have
attained.   They took  into consideration  the  causes affecting  the
current  of events.   They  strived to  amass  great and  substantive
material  wealth  which they  devoted  to  the realisation  of  their
dream.  With  their money,   they took  control of  the world  media,
news  agencies,    the  press,    publishing  houses,    broadcasting
stations,  and  others.  With  their money  they stirred  revolutions
in various  parts of the  world with  the purpose of  achieving their
interests  and  reaping the  fruit  therein.   They were  behind  the
French  Revolution,   the  Communist  revolution   and  most  of  the
revolutions  we  heard  and  hear   about,   here  and  there.   With
their  money  they  formed secret  societies,   such  as  Freemasons,
Rotary  Clubs,   the Lions  and  others  in  different parts  of  the
world  for  the   purpose  of  sabotaging  societies   and  achieving
Zionist  interests.   With their  money  they  were able  to  control
imperialistic  countries   and  instigate   them  to   colonize  many
countries in  order to  enable them  to exploit  their resources  and
spread corruption there.

                                -21-

    You  may speak  as  much as  you want  about  regional and  world
wars.   They  were behind  World  War  I,   when  they were  able  to
destroy   the  Islamic   Caliphate,   making   financial  gains   and
controlling  resources.   They  obtained   the  Balfour  Declaration,
formed  the League  of  Nations through  which  they  could rule  the
world.   They were  behind World  War  II,  through  which they  made
huge financial  gains by  trading in  armaments,  and  paved the  way
for the  establishment of  their state.  It  was they  who instigated
the replacement  of the  League of  Nations with  the United  Nations
and  the  Security   Council  to  enable  them  to   rule  the  world
through  them.   There   is  no  war  going   on  anywhere,   without
having their finger in it.

    "So  often as  they shall  kindle a  fire for  war,  Allah  shall
extinguish it;   and they shall set  their minds to act  corruptly in
the earth,   but Allah loveth  not the  corrupt doers." (The  Table -
verse 64).

    The imperialistic  forces in  the Capitalist  West and  Communist
East,   support the  enemy with  all their  might,  in  money and  in
men.   These  forces  take  turns  in  doing  that.   The  day  Islam
appears,  the forces of infidelity would  unite to challenge it,  for
the infidels are of one nation.

    "O  true believers,   contract not  an  intimate friendship  with
any besides  yourselves:  they  will not fail  to corrupt  you.  They
wish  for that  which may  cause you  to perish:   their hatred  hath
already  appeared  from   out  of  their  mouths;    but  what  their
breasts  conceal  is yet  more  inveterate.   We have  already  shown
you signs  of their ill  will towards  you,  if ye  understand." (The
Family of Imran - verse 118).

    It is  not in  vain that the  verse is  ended with  Allah's words
"if ye understand."

                                -22-

                            CHAPTER FOUR
                            ------------

                       OUR ATTITUDES TOWARDS:
                       ----------------------

A. Islamic Movements:
-  ------------------

Article Twenty-Three:

The  Islamic  Resistance  Movement   views  other  Islamic  movements
with respect  and appreciation.   If it  were at  variance with  them
on one  point or  opinion,  it  is in  agreement with  them on  other
points  and  understandings.   It   considers  these  movements,   if
they reveal good intentions and dedication  to Allah,  that they fall
into  the category  of  those  who are  trying  hard  since they  act
within the Islamic circle. Each active person has his share.

The  Islamic  Resistance  Movement   considers  all  these  movements
as  a  fund  for  itself.   It   prays  to  Allah  for  guidance  and
directions for  all and  it spares no  effort to  keep the  banner of
unity raised,  ever  striving for its realisation  in accordance with
the Koran and the Prophet's directives.

"And  cleave all  of  you unto  the covenant  of  Allah,  and  depart
not from  it,  and remember the  favour of Allah towards  you:  since
ye  were enemies,   and he  reconciled  your hearts,   and ye  became
companions  and  brethren  by  his  favour:    and  ye  were  on  the
brink of a pit of fire, and he
delivered you thence.   Allah declareth unto you his  signs,  that ye
may be directed." (The Family of Imran - Verse 102).

Article Twenty-Four:
--------------------

    The  Islamic  Resistance  Movement   does  not  allow  slandering
or speaking ill of individuals or  groups,  for the believer does not

                                -23-

indulge  in such  malpractices.   It  is necessary  to  differentiate
between   this   behaviour   and  the   stands   taken   by   certain
individuals  and  groups.   Whenever   those  stands  are  erroneous,
the  Islamic  Resistance  Movement preserves  the  right  to  expound
the  error and  to  warn against  it.   It will  strive  to show  the
right  path and  to  judge the  case  in  question with  objectivity.
Wise conduct  is indeed  the target  of the  believer who  follows it
wherever he discerns it.

    "Allah loveth not  the speaking ill of anyone  in public,  unless
he  who  is injured  call  for  assistance;   and Allah  heareth  and
knoweth:   whether ye  publish a  good  action,  or  conceal it,   or
forgive  evil,  verily  Allah  is gracious  and  powerful." (Women  -
verses 147-148).

B. Nationalist Movements in the Palestinian Arena:
   -----------------------------------------------

Article Twenty-Five:

    The  Islamic   Resistance  Movement   respects  these   movements
and   appreciates    their   circumstances    and   the    conditions
surrounding  and  affecting them.   It  encourages  them as  long  as
they  do not  give  their allegiance  to the  Communist  East or  the
Crusading  West.  It  confirms to  all  those who  are integrated  in
it,   or  sympathetic  towards  it,    that  the  Islamic  Resistance
Movement   is   a   fighting   movement  that   has   a   moral   and
enlightened look  of life and  the way  it should cooperate  with the
other  (movements).  It  detests  opportunism  and desires  only  the
good of  people,  individuals  and groups  alike.  It  does not  seek
material gains,  personal  fame,  nor does it look for  a reward from
others.   It works  with its  own resources  and whatever  is at  its
disposal "and  prepare for  them whatever  force you  can",  for  the
fulfilment of the  duty,  and the earning of Allah's  favour.  It has
no other desire than that.

                                -24-

    The  Movement assures  all the  nationalist  trends operating  in
the Palestinian  arena for the liberation  of Palestine,  that  it is
there  for their  support  and assistance.   It  will  never be  more
than that,  both in  words and deeds,  now and in  the future.  It is
there  to bring  together and  not to  divide,  to  preserve and  not
to  squander,  to  unify  and not  to  throw  asunder.  It  evaluates
every good  word,  sincere  effort and good  offices.  It  closes the
door in  the face  of side  disagreements and  does not  lend an  ear
to rumours  and slanders,   while at  the same  time fully  realising
the right for self-defence.

    Anything contrary  or contradictory  to these  trends,  is  a lie
disseminated  by  enemies  or  their   lackeys  for  the  purpose  of
sowing  confusion,   disrupting  the  ranks   and  occupy  them  with
side issues.

    "O true believers,   if a wicked man  come unto you with  a tale,
inquire  strictly  into  the  truth thereof;   lest  ye  hurt  people
through  ignorance,  and  afterwards repent  of what  ye have  done."
(The Inner Apartments - verse 6).

Article Twenty-Six:

    In  viewing  the  Palestinian  nationalist  movements  that  give
allegiance neither to  the East nor the West,  in  this positive way,
the   Islamic    Resistance   Movement   does   not    refrain   from
discussing new  situations on  the regional  or international  levels
where  the  Palestinian  question  is concerned.   It  does  that  in
such  an objective  manner revealing  the extent  of how  much it  is
in  harmony  or contradiction  with  the  national interests  in  the
light of the Islamic point of view.

                                -25-

C. The Palestinian Liberation Organization:
   ----------------------------------------

Article Twenty-Seven:

    The Palestinian  Liberation Organization  is the  closest to  the
heart  of   the  Islamic  Resistance   Movement.   It   contains  the
father  and the  brother,   the  next of  kin  and  the friend.   The
Moslem does  not estrange  himself from  his father,   brother,  next
of kin or friend.   Our homeland is one,  our situation  is one,  our
fate is one and the enemy is a joint enemy to all of us.

    Because  of  the  situations surrounding  the  formation  of  the
Organization,  of  the ideological confusion  prevailing in  the Arab
world  as   a  result  of   the  ideological  invasion   under  whose
influence  the  Arab  world  has  fallen  since  the  defeat  of  the
Crusaders  and  which  was,   and   still  is,   intensified  through
orientalists,   missionaries  and   imperialists,   the  Organization
adopted the idea of the secular state. And that it how we view it.

    Secularism    completely    contradicts    religious    ideology.
Attitudes, conduct and decisions stem from ideologies.

    That  is  why,   with  all our  appreciation  for  the  Palestine
Liberation  Organization  -  and  what it  can  develop  into  -  and
without belittling  its role  in the  Arab-Israeli conflict,   we are
unable  to exchange  the  present or  future  Islamic Palestine  with
the secular  idea.  The Islamic  nature of  Palestine is part  of our
religion and  whoever takes  his religion lightly  is a  loser.  "Who
will be  adverse to the  religion of Abraham,   but he whose  mind is
infatuated? (The Cow - verse 130).

   The  day  the  Palestine   Liberation  Organization  adopts  Islam
as its way of  life,  we will become its soldiers,   and fuel for its
fire that will burn the enemies.

                                -26-

    Until such  a day,  and  we pray to Allah  that it will  be soon,
the  Islamic Resistance  Movement's  stand towards  the  PLO is  that
of the  son towards  his father,   the brother  towards his  brother,
and the  relative to  relative,  suffers  his pain  and supports  him
in   confronting  the   enemies,   wishing   him  to   be  wise   and
well-guided.

    "Stand by  your brother,  for he  who is brotherless is  like the
fighter  who  goes to  battle  without  arms.   One's cousin  is  the
wing one flies with - could the bird fly without wings?"

D. Arab and Islamic Countries:
   ---------------------------

Article Twenty-Eight:

    The  Zionist  invasion  is  a  vicious  invasion.   It  does  not
refrain  from  resorting   to  all  methods,   using   all  evil  and
contemptible  ways to  achieve its  end.   It relies  greatly in  its
infiltration  and espionage  operations on  the secret  organizations
it  gave rise  to,  such  as the  Freemasons,  The  Rotary and  Lions
clubs,   and   other  sabotage  groups.   All   these  organizations,
whether  secret  or  open,   work in  the  interest  of  Zionism  and
according to  its instructions.  They  aim at  undermining societies,
destroying    values,    corrupting    consciences,     deteriorating
character  and  annihilating Islam.   It  is  behind the  drug  trade
and alcoholism in all  its kinds so as to facilitate  its control and
expansion.

    Arab  countries  surrounding  Israel  are  asked  to  open  their
borders  before  the  fighters  from   among  the  Arab  and  Islamic
nations so  that they could consolidate  their efforts with  those of
their Moslem brethren in Palestine.

    As for  the other  Arab and  Islamic countries,   they are  asked
to  facilitate the  movement of  the fighters  from and  to it,   and
this is the least thing they could do.

                                -27-

    We  should  not forget  to  remind  every  Moslem that  when  the
Jews  conquered   the  Holy  City  in   1967,   they  stood   on  the
threshold  of  the  Aqsa  Mosque and  proclaimed  that  "Mohammed  is
dead, and his descendants are all women."

    Israel,   Judaism  and  Jews  challenge   Islam  and  the  Moslem
people. "May the cowards never sleep."

E.     Nationalist    and   Religious    Groupings,     Institutions,
       --------------------------------------------------------------
Intellectuals, The Arab and Islamic World:
------------------------------------------

    The   Islamic   Resistance   Movement  hopes   that   all   these
groupings will side with it in all spheres,  would support it,  adopt
its  stand  and solidify  its  activities  and moves,   work  towards
rallying support  for it so  that the Islamic  people will be  a base
and a stay  for it,  supplying it  with strategic depth an  all human
material  and  informative spheres,   in  time  and in  place.   This
should  be done  through  the  convening of  solidarity  conferences,
the  issuing  of  explanatory  bulletins,   favourable  articles  and
booklets,  enlightening  the masses regarding the  Palestinian issue,
clarifying  what  confronts  it and  the  conspiracies  woven  around
it.   They  should  mobilize  the  Islamic  nations,   ideologically,
educationally  and  culturally,   so  that  these  peoples  would  be
equipped  to   perform  their   role  in   the  decisive   battle  of
liberation,   just as  they did  when they  vanquished the  Crusaders
and the  Tatars and saved human  civilization.  Indeed,  that  is not
difficult for Allah.

    "Allah hath written, Verily I will prevail, and my apostles:  for
Allah is strong and mighty." (The Dispute - verse 21).

                                -28-

Article Thirty:

    Writers,  intellectuals,  media people,   orators,  educaters and
teachers,   and all  the  various sectors  in  the  Arab and  Islamic
world - all  of them are called  upon to perform their  role,  and to
fulfill their duty,  because of the ferocity of the Zionist offensive
and  the  Zionist  influence  in  many  countries  exercised  through
financial and  media control,  as well  as the consequences  that all
this lead to in the greater part of the world.

    Jihad  is  not   confined  to  the  carrying  of   arms  and  the
confrontation  of   the  enemy.   The   effective  word,    the  good
article,  the  useful book,  support  and solidarity -  together with
the  presence  of  sincere  purpose   for  the  hoisting  of  Allah's
banner  higher and  higher  - all  these are  elements  of the  Jihad
for Allah's sake.

    "Whosoever  mobilises  a  fighter  for   the  sake  of  Allah  is
himself a  fighter.  Whosoever supports  the relatives of  a fighter,
he  himself   is  a  fighter."   (related  by   al-Bukhari,   Moslem,
Abu-Dawood and al-Tarmadhi).

F. Followers of Other Religions:
--------------------------------
The Islamic Resistance Movement Is A Humanistic Movement:
---------------------------------------------------------

Article Thirty-One:

    The  Islamic  Resistance  Movement   is  a  humanistic  movement.
It takes  care of  human rights  and is  guided by  Islamic tolerance
when dealing  with the  followers of  other religions.   It does  not
antagonize  anyone of  them  except if  it is  antagonized  by it  or
stands in its way to hamper its moves and waste its efforts.

    Under the  wing of Islam,   it is  possible for the  followers of
the  three  religions  -  Islam,    Christianity  and  Judaism  -  to

                                -29-

coexist  in  peace  and  quiet with  each  other.   Peace  and  quiet
would  not be  possible except  under the  wing of  Islam.  Past  and
present history are the best witness to that.

    It  is the  duty  of the  followers of  other  religions to  stop
disputing the sovereignty  of Islam in this region,   because the day
these  followers  should   take  over  there  will   be  nothing  but
carnage,   displacement   and  terror.   Everyone   of  them   is  at
variance with his fellow-religionists,  not  to speak about followers
of  other  religionists.   Past  and  present  history  are  full  of
examples to prove this fact.

    "They will  not fight against  you in  a body,  except  in fenced
towns,   or  from   behind  walls.   Their  strength   in  war  among
themselves is  great:  thou  thinkest them to  be united;   but their
hearts  are divided.   This,   because they  are  people  who do  not
understand." (The Emigration - verse 14).

    Islam  confers  upon  everyone   his  legitimate  rights.   Islam
prevents  the  incursion  on  other  people's  rights.   The  Zionist
Nazi activities against our people will  not last for long.  "For the
state of  injustice lasts but  one day,   while the state  of justice
lasts till Doomsday."

    "As  to   those  who   have  not  borne   arms  against   you  on
account of  religion,  nor turned you  out of your  dwellings,  Allah
forbiddeth you  not to deal kindly  with them,  and to  behave justly
towards them;  for  Allah loveth those who act justly."  (The Tried -
verse 8).

                                -30-

The Attempt to Isolate the Palestinian People:
----------------------------------------------

Article Thirty-Two:

    World Zionism,  together with  imperialistic powers,  try through
a  studied  plan and  an  intelligent  strategy  to remove  one  Arab
state  after another  from the  circle of  struggle against  Zionism,
in  order  to have  it  finally  face  the Palestinian  people  only.
Egypt  was,  to  a  great extent,   removed from  the  circle of  the
struggle,   through  the  treacherous  Camp  David  Agreement.   They
are  trying to  draw  other Arab  countries  into similar  agreements
and to bring them outside the circle of struggle.

    The  Islamic  Resistance  Movement  calls  on  Arab  and  Islamic
nations to  take up  the line  of serious  and persevering  action to
prevent the  success of  this horrendous  plan,  to  warn the  people
of  the  danger  eminating  from   leaving  the  circle  of  struggle
against Zionism.   Today it  is Palestine,  tomorrow  it will  be one
country  or   another.   The  Zionist   plan  is   limitless.   After
Palestine,   the Zionists  aspire  to expand  from  the  Nile to  the
Euphrates.    When  they   will  have   digested   the  region   they
overtook,  they will aspire to further  expansion,  and so on.  Their
plan  is embodied  in the  "Protocols of  the Elders  of Zion",   and
their present conduct is the best proof of what we are saying.

    Leaving  the circle  of struggle  with Zionism  is high  treason,
and cursed  be he  who does  that.  "for  whoso shall  turn his  back
unto  them on  that  day,   unless he  turneth  aside  to fight,   or
retreateth to another  party of the faithful,  shall  draw on himself
the  indignation of  Allah,  and  his abode  shall be  hell;  an  ill
journey shall  it be  thither." (The  Spoils -  verse 16).   There is
no  way  out except  by  concentrating  all  powers and  energies  to
face this Nazi,  vicious Tatar invasion.   The alternative is loss of
one's country,   the dispersion of citizens,   the spread of  vice on
earth  and the  destruction of  religious values.   Let every  person
know  that he  is responsible  before Allah,   for "the  doer of  the

                                -31-

slightest  good deed  is  rewarded  in like,   and  the  does of  the
slightest evil deed is also rewarded in like."

    The  Islamic  Resistance  Movement  consider  itself  to  be  the
spearhead  of  the  circle  of struggle  with  world  Zionism  and  a
step  on the  road.  The  Movement adds  its efforts  to the  efforts
of  all those  who are  active in  the Palestinian  arena.  Arab  and
Islamic  Peoples  should augment  by  further  steps on  their  part;
Islamic  groupings  all  over  the Arab  world  should  also  do  the
same,   since all  of  these are  the  best-equipped  for the  future
role in the fight with the warmongering Jews.

    "..and we  have put  enmity and hatred  between them,   until the
day of resurrection.   So often as they  shall kindle a fire  of war,
Allah shall  extinguish it;  and  they shall  set their minds  to act
corruptly in  the earth,   but Allah loveth  not the  corrupt doers."
(The Table - verse 64).

Article Thirty-Three:

    The  Islamic Resistance  Movement,   being  based on  the  common
coordinated  and  interdependent  conceptions  of  the  laws  of  the
universe,  and  flowing in the stream  of destiny in  confronting and
fighting  the  enemies   in  defence  of  the   Moslems  and  Islamic
civilization and  sacred sites,   the first among  which is  the Aqsa
Mosque,   urges the  Arab and  Islamic  peoples,  their  governments,
popular and  official groupings,  to fear  Allah where their  view of
the  Islamic  Resistance Movement  and  their  dealings with  it  are
concerned.   They  should  back  and  support  it,   as  Allah  wants
them to,   extending to it more  and more funds till  Allah's purpose
is achieved when  ranks will close up,  fighters  join other fighters
and  masses everywhere  in the  Islamic  world will  come forward  in
response  to the  call of  duty  while loudly  proclaiming:  Hail  to
Jihad.   Their cry  will  reach  the heavens  and  will  go on  being

                                -32-

resounded  until liberation  is  achieved,   the invaders  vanquished
and Allah's victory comes about.

    "And Allah  will certainly assist him  who shall be on  his side:
for Allah is strong and mighty." (The Pilgrimage - verse 40).

                            CHAPTER FIVE
                            ------------
                      THE TESTIMONY OF HISTORY
                      ------------------------

Across History in Confronting the Invaders:
--------------------------------- ---------

Article Thirty-Four:

    Palestine is  the navel  of the  globe and  the crossroad  of the
continents.  Since  the dawn of history,   it has been the  target of
expansionists.   The  Prophet,    Allah  bless  him  and   grant  him
salvation,  had himself  pointed to this fact in the  noble Hadith in
which  he called  on  his  honourable companion,   Ma'adh  ben-Jabal,
saying:  O  Ma'ath,  Allah throw  open before  you,  when I  am gone,
Syria,   from  Al-Arish  to  the  Euphrates.   Its  men,   women  and
slaves will  stay firmly  there till the  Day of  Judgement.  Whoever
of you  should choose one  of the Syrian  shores,  or the  Holy Land,
he will be in constant struggle till the Day of Judgement."

   Expansionists   have   more   than   once   put   their   eye   on
Palestine  which they  attacked with  their armies  to fulfill  their
designs  on it.   Thus  it was  that the  Crusaders  came with  their
armies,  bringing  with them  their creed  and carrying  their Cross.
They  were  able  to  defeat  the  Moslems  for  a  while,   but  the
Moslems  were  able  to  retrieve  the  land  only  when  they  stood
under  the  wing  of  their religious  banner,   united  their  word,
hallowed  the  name  of  Allah and  surged  out  fighting  under  the
leadership  of  Salah  ed-Din  al-Ayyubi.   They  fought  for  almost
twenty  years  and  at  the  end  the  Crusaders  were  defeated  and
Palestine  was  liberated.  "Say  unto  those  who believe  not,   Ye

                                -33-

shall  be  overcome,  and  thrown  together  into hell;   an  unhappy
couch it shall be." (The Family of Imran - verse 12).

    This is  the only way to  liberate Palestine.  There is  no doubt
about  the testimony  of  history.  It  is  one of  the  laws of  the
universe  and   one  of   the  rules   of  existence.    Nothing  can
overcome iron  except iron.   Their false  futile creed  can only  be
defeated  by the  righteous  Islamic creed.   A  creed  could not  be
fought except by a creed,  and in  the last analysis,  victory is for
the just, for justice is certainly victorious.

    "Our  word  hath  formerly  been  given  unto  our  servants  the
apostles;   that  they  should  certainly  be  assisted  against  the
infidels,   and that  our armies  should surely  be the  conquerors."
(Those Who Rank Themselves - verses 171-172).

Article Thirty-Five:

    The  Islamic  Resistance  Movement  views  seriously  the  defeat
of  the Crusaders  at the  hands of  Salah ed-Din  al-Ayyubi and  the
rescuing of  Palestine from their  hands,  as  well as the  defeat of
the  Tatars at  Ein  Galot,  breaking  their power  at  the hands  of
Qataz  and  Al-Dhaher Bivers  and  saving  the  Arab world  from  the
Tatar  onslaught which  aimed  at the  destruction  of every  meaning
of  human civilization.   The  Movement  draws lessons  and  examples
from  all  this.   The  present   Zionist  onslaught  has  also  been
preceded  by   Crusading  raids  from   the  West  and   other  Tatar
raids  from the  East.  Just  as the  Moslems faced  those raids  and
planned  fighting  and  defeating  them,   they  should  be  able  to
confront  the Zionist  invasion and  defeat  it.  This  is indeed  no
problem for  the Almighty  Allah,  provided  that the  intentions are
pure,    the   determination   is  true   and   that   Moslems   have
benefited from  past experiences,  rid  themselves of the  effects of
ideological invasion and followed the customs of their ancestors.

                                -34-

                         C O N C L U S I O N
                         -------------------

The Islamic Resistance Movement is Composed of Soldiers:
--------------------------------------------------------

Article Thirty-Six:

    While  paving   its  way,    the  Islamic   Resistance  Movement,
emphasizes time  and again  to all the  sons of  our people,   to the
Arab  and Islamic  nations,  that  it  does not  seek personal  fame,
material  gain,    or  social  prominence.    It  does  not   aim  to
compete  against  any  one  from  among  our  people,   or  take  his
place.  Nothing of the  sort at all.  It will not  act against any of
the  sons of  Moslems  or  those who  are  peaceful  towards it  from
among non-Moslems,   be they  here or  anywhere else.   It will  only
serve  as a  support for  all groupings  and organizations  operating
against the Zionist enemy and its lackeys.

    The  Islamic  Resistance Movement  adopts  Islam  as its  way  of
life.   Islam is  its creed  and  religion.  Whoever  takes Islam  as
his way of life,   be it an organization,  a grouping,   a country or
any other  body,  the  Islamic Resistance  Movement considers  itself
as their soldiers and nothing more.

    We  ask Allah  to  show  us the  right  course,   to make  us  an
example  to others  and  to  judge between  us  and  our people  with
truth.   "O Lord,   do  thou judge  between us  and  our nation  with
truth; for thou art the best judge." (Al Araf - Verse 89).

    The last  of our  prayers will  be praise  to Allah,   the Master
of the Universe.