Subject: Extracting Oils?

From: [email-masked] (Angela T Daniels)
Date: 28 Oct 1994 20:26:57 GMT

Does anyone know how to extract essential oils from patchouli root?
I have some roots that I want to get the oils from but I don't really
know how. I don't want to use any nasty chemicals either....thanks
in advance.

--
Amy Daniels
Graduate Student, Geology
University of Texas at Dallas-Center for Lithospheric Studies
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Pattynyne)
Date: 31 Oct 1994 03:17:02 -0500

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Angela T
Daniels) writes:

You should probably not bother extracting the patchouli oil from the
material you have.....It take pounds and pounds of plant material to steam
distill to get  a small amount of oil....and you would need a steam
distillation system to distill....I suggest keeping it in its natural
form...maybe putting it in a sachet of some type so you can smell it....or
in a potpourri...and go buy some patchouli essential oil...it's cheap
enough...

Patty