Subject: Herb against Mosquitos ??

From: [email-masked] (Edwin Kelly)
Date: 20 Jun 1995 19:15:03 -0500

I am wondering if there are any herbals that can be taken to help 
keep mosquitos from biting.  I happen to be in an area where they are 
quite abundant.
-- 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Edwin T Kelly       *      Houston, TX      *      [email-masked] |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked] (Forest Harlan)
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 1995 23:04:07 -0800

> keep mosquitos from biting.  I happen to be in an area where they are 
   In the way of herbal products, there are certain oils which have
insect-repellant properties, most famous of which are citronella and
pennyroyal.  Also, I know of references to bay/laurel and eucalyptus. 
Garlic enjoys a certain following in our circles as well.
   I have personally had good luck with Kiss My Face "Kiss-Off" and
Quantum "Z-Z-Z-Away."  I know that there are many other very good brands
available at most quality natural food stores.
   In the way of nutritional supplements, Vitamin B-1 at 500 mg. daily has
been shown to be quite effective after taking for a few days.  Lower
levels may work for some people, but the research was done at 500 mgs.

   I hope that this is useful information.  I have been selling
supplements for 12 years and these are generally effective remedies.

   Forest Harlan: [email-masked]