Subject: Re: bullshit

From: [email-masked] (Elemi01)
Date: 9 Sep 1995 19:15:12 -0400

If you think about it, transdermal medications (skin patches for smokers,
motion sickness, angina sufferers, etc.) are just a high tech application
of aromatherapy massage (ie medicines absorbed through the skin).  Think
about all the medications in your doctor's bag that derive DIRECTLY from
plants and plant extracts -- taxalt to suppress tumor growth, aspirin,
most antibiotics (derived from micro-plants) just to name a few.  And
there is no question that smells affect us physically and emotionally.  If
you doubt it, I invite you to smell Play-doh and see if it doesn't make
you feel better/happy then spend a Saturday night in the drunk tank
(sober!) and see if you don't notice an aroma-induced physical "effect"
(like the urge to hurl!).
Can aromatherapy energize the chakras, balance your aura, or cause plant
elementals to work for your success and happiness?  Who knows...
All things considered, I think a health practice based on inhaling and
massaging into the skin pure plant oils makes a lot of sense.
Regards,
Michel & Linda Lowe
Elemi Oils & Herbs, Ltd.