Subject: LaRouche /Bevel program pamphlet: part 1

From: [email-masked] (John Covici)
Date: 22 Oct 92 9:10:46 GMT

front matter

The LaRouche-Bevel Program to Save the Nation

Reversing 30 Years of Post-Industrial Suicide

Independents for Economic Recovery, LaRouche for President

Leesburg, Virginia
October 1992.

                        - Contents -

Preface

Introduction

Meet the Candidates

Chapter 1: Why We Are Suffering Through a New Great
Depression

Chapter 2: Solving the Fresh Water Crisis

Chapter 3: Building New Railways, Waterways, and Highways

Chapter 4: Mag-Lev: The Technology of the 21st Century

Chapter 5: Nuclear Fission: Bridge to Fusion Power

Chapter 6: The Best Health Care for Every American

Chapter 7: Restore Literacy and Classical Education

Chapter 8: LaRouche's Program for 6 Million New Jobs

Chapter 9: `Jumpstart' for the U.S.A. from the `Productive
Triangle'

Chapter 10: Great Projects to Develop the World

Chapter 11: Frontier in Space: LaRouche's Moon-Mars
Program
     LaRouche on America's National Purpose

Chapter 12: Revive Family Farming and Feed the World

Chapter 13: LaRouche's Program for a War on AIDS

Chapter 14: Why LaRouche Calls NAFTA `Auschwitz Below
the Border'

Chapter 15: How the United States Became a Police State
   {The Theological and Constitutional Alternative to
   the Death Penalty} by the Reverend James L. Bevel

Appendix: The LaRouche-Bevel Announcement

Appendix: Proposed Federal Reserve Nationalization Act of 1992

                        - Preface -

This book presents the program of independent presidential
candidate Lyndon H. LaRouche and his vice-presidential
running mate, the Reverend James Luther Bevel, to create 6 to
8 million jobs during the first months of their
administration. It outlines the emergency economic measures
through which the current world depression can be ended,
including 1) declaring a national economic emergency; 2)
constitutionalizing the Federal Reserve; 3) undertaking
needed large-scale infrastructure and development projects in
the areas of transportation, energy production, water,
education, and health care; and 4) implementing international
and domestic debt restructuring and moratoria. 
   The program that the LaRouche-Bevel ticket proposes
was successfully implemented during the era of President John
F. Kennedy's space program, and before that, during the later
years of the Franklin Delano Roosevelt presidency. It was
successfully implemented by our greatest President, Abraham
Lincoln, even in the midst of a bloody civil war.
   Today, the LaRouche-Bevel program--known during the last
century as the American System--represents the only hope for
a world that is financially and economically bankrupt and
filled with starvation, disease, unemployment, poverty,
terrorism, civil strife, and increasing desperation. Can we
fail to act at a time when we know that the drug-infested
schools of our nation are threatening the destruction of the
hearts and minds of our children? Can we fail to act when we
see the starving and terrified faces of children fleeing from
war-torn Bosnia? Do we see not only terrible, personal
anguish, but the beginnings of European-wide and worldwide
conflict and war? 
   We are losing generations of our young people because of
a neo-Malthusian economic policy, imposed on the nation since
the 1963 assassination of President Kennedy. Since the murder
of Kennedy, every American President has helped implement
this post-industrial policy. Industry and agriculture have
been abandoned for real estate and commodities speculation,
junk bonds, and communications ``industries.'' Shopping centers,
office towers, and mobile phones have replaced factories and
farms. MacDonald's is one of our nation's largest employers;
at thousands of hamburger outlets across the country, young
people serve up McMuffins and Big Macs, but don't know
how to make change without a computerized cash register.
Meanwhile, America's highly skilled steel and machine-tool
workers have been put out of work and/or placed into
low-skilled jobs. Our workforce is either unemployed or
underemployed. 
   We are creating economic disasters within the recently
emerged democracies of eastern Europe by insisting that they
also tear down their industry and implement radical free
trade doctrines. Lyndon LaRouche has demonstrated that the
collapse of the Third World economies and the destruction of
the economic base of eastern Europe is a result of a colonial
economic doctrine administered through the
``conditionalities'' austerity policies of the International
Monetary Fund and the World Bank. Colonial policy calls for
abandoning industry and growing cash crops for export which,
for many nations in Ibero-America and elsewhere, increasingly
has become marijuana and cocaine. This policy turned inward
has created a United States that increasingly resembles a
Third World country where the middle class, made up of
skilled blue collar and white collar workers, shrinks, and
more and more people are impoverished. 
   This book presents the alternative. The LaRouche-Bevel
ticket has outlined a program that can restore economic,
political, and social justice to the nation and the world.
The LaRouche-Bevel ticket opposes the North American Free
Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and the GATT proposal because they
are colonialist, radical free trade doctrines that are designed
to destroy the last remnant of economic independence
remaining to farmers and the labor movement. To restore the
principles of redemptive justice to this country, their
campaign has called for ending the barbaric practice of
capital punishment. They have also called for opening the
files on the Kennedy and King assassinations and the
politically motivated incarceration of Lyndon H. LaRouche. 
   LaRouche and his associates have led a decades-long
battle against the drug mafias and the colonial policies of
the IMF and the World Bank which spawned them. Reverend Bevel
brings to the ticket a wealth of experience.
He served as director of non-violent political
action for Martin Luther King; was leader of the Children's
March in Birmingham, Alabama; helped lead the Selma Right to
Vote movement; and served as director of the Mobilization to
End the War in Vietnam. 
   During recent years, Reverend Bevel has devoted his
energies to the organization of Precinct
Councils, which involves engaging communities in political
actions that strengthen the individual and community
comprehension of constitutional processes. Reverend Bevel has
also called for putting prayer and classical education back
into the schools, where drugs and the teaching of so-called
alternative lifestyles have become a substitute for real
education. 
   The political combination of LaRouche and Bevel brings
together defined economic alternatives to the colonial
destruction of the world, together with the best of the
leadership and the hopes and aspirations of the civil rights
movement. The LaRouche-Bevel ticket provides hope for the
voters, who hitherto have been offered the
lesser-of-two-evils alternative of George Bush and Bill
Clinton. Now there is a choice. The responsibility for the
outcome of this year's presidential election is with you, the
voter. Your vote can determine the course of history. 

----
         John Covici
          [email-masked]