Subject: Re: Re: Lyndon LaRouche & the Liberty L

From: [email-masked] (Kingsley Morse)
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1992 16:42:12 GMT

In alt.activism, NLG Civil Liberties Committee <[email-masked]> writes:

> Liberty Lobby .... well deserve the term fascist.

Are you sure? I looked up the definition of "fascism" in the American Heritaqe
Dictionary. It says:

   A system of government that exercises a dictatorship...

I also looked up the creed of a newspaper published by Liberty Lobby. It says:

   We are biased toward the best interests of the majority of consumers,
   taxpayers and voters ....

I don't think the newspaper is fascist. It is biased toward the best interests
of consumers, taxpayers and voters; certainly not a dictatorship. Chip's post
reminds me of a Usenet post titled "Ooooooooo There's a Nazi under my bed!"
(Sorry Chip)

---

From: NLG Civil Liberties Committee <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Aug 92 21:12 PDT

Folks, try some intelligent analysis. Any large academic study of fascism
will give a far more complex definition than authoritarian repression by
a government. The major academic work on Liberty Lobby by Mintz, for example,
discusses at great length the fascist tendencies of the group and the role
it plays in bridging the neo-Nazi right and the reactionary right. The major
error you folks are making about fascism, is that it is widely recognized that
there is a dramatic difference between fascism as a political movement, with itspopulist and pseudo-radical appeals to the middle and working class, and the
brutul form it takes when it gains state power.
  Please read Hannah Arendt on "The Origins of Totalitarianism" and her
careful discusion of Fascism as a political movement: it sounds just like the
appeals of LaRouche and Liberty Lobby: no surpise, both are fascist movements.
Please recall that as movements, fascism in Italy and Germnany attacked the
regimes in power as corrupt, and promised to represent the average person
against the elites.
  Sorry suckers, you're falling for the con again. I would have thought
thinking folks would not make the same error twice...at least not in
the same century.
  I will post a lengthier discussion I co-wrote on LaRouche in a new
topic.
  And please do some reading in a real library, not just issues of
LaRouchian and Liberty Lobby screed.

George Seldes, author of "Sawdust Caesar," first biography of Il Dulce:
"This guy LaRouche is pushing the same line as the Italian Fascists, it's
Italian Fascist Economic theory...anyone can see that."
   (Interview with Seldes at age 96 at his home in Vermont, 1986)

-Chip Berlet
Sued twice by LaRouche for calling him a fascist...LaRouche lost both cases.
One was a jury trial...they did their homework...why don't you?