Subject: "The Project" Newsletter - INTRO

From: [email-masked] (Steve Crocker)
Date: 28 Nov 1992 10:46:29 GMT

The following files consist of issues of a newsletter from a group called
"The Project" which is oriented toward unbiased, scholarly research on
conspiracy theories. Their working hypothesis appears to involve an
ongoing conflict between a "Judaeo-British-Royalist" conspiracy and 
a "Catholic-Jesuit-Vatican" conspiracy. They have assembled the best 
bibliography I have ever seen on conspiracy research, and although
it is repeated to some extent in each of the four issues, I have left in 
intact for the sake of completeness. The most extensive version with the 
best descriptions of the material is in the final file. I have not had 
time to read these in depth, or evaluate the content of their conclusions, 
But I do have a few comments. <putting on LaRouche supporter hat>

>From LaRouche's point of view, the Catholic Church appears as much less 
monolithic than is suggested by this material, and is home to a variety 
of competing factions, often with diametrically opposite intent. In 
particular, LaRouche does not regard the Jesuit order as authentically 
Catholic, but rather as an intelligence operation which penetrated the 
church under the direction of Loyala's controllers. Sorry, I don't recall 
who he attributes as the patrons of Loyala, but I suspect it would be the 
so called "black nobility" (not a racial designation :). Another thing 
which strikes me is a difference in analytical approach between these 
folks and LaRouche. LaRouche makes major use of philosophical issues 
as a touchstone for sorting out the complex webs of association and 
interconnection which have traditionally caused conspiracy researchers 
so many headaches. In general, he will look at an individual or community 
of thought in the light of their stance on the issue of Progress and the 
spread of technology, technological skills, and the economic benefits of 
technology among the broad nmasses of an ever expanding population. 
Individuals or groups thrown together by associations of circumstance, 
or separated by misleading ideological categories can still be recognized 
by their intellectual pedigree, especially as it affects their stance on 
these crucial issues. From the material I have seen, the Project workers, 
although they cite and discuss LaRouche, do not seem to have adopted this 
element of his method. This is too bad, because it works.

-Steve