Subject: The Bible of Usenet *may* be changing its name...
From: Kevin Atkinson <[email-masked]>
Date: 22 Jan 1995 21:59:04 GMT
Newsgroups: news.misc,alt.internet.services,news.future,news.admin.misc,news.groups

The Bible of Usenet was originally called "USENET Bible."
Some one then e-mailed me saying the name was confusing; he
thought it meant USENET's *Holy* Bible.  I agreed with him
and I changed the name to "Bible of Usenet."   Which is
clearer, or so I thought.   I then latter got some e-mail
from else saying that name is confusing and I should
consider "Usenet Codex" or "Codex of Usenet".  I didn't like
these names because it is not that common of a word.  I
wanted a clear and "exciting" name.  I have considered
"Usenet Collection", but that name is two weak.

So I am asking the USENet community for a good name, or if
its even worth changing.  Changing the name would be a lot
of trouble.  Considering I will even have to change the
Bible of Usenet login name and Change the Subject of the
FAQ, which will probably mean waiting another month for it
to get approved fore news.answers.  So is it even worth it?
I personally fell that "Bible of Usenet" is clear because it
is the Bible *of* Usenet; the "of" makes it clear.  But, I
could be wrong...  If I do change the name what would be a
good name?  I would like it to began with Usenet to so that
it would sort with things under Usenet (when presented under
a long list).  A few names to consider are "Usenet
Handbook", and. "Usenet Primer".

Please replay by *posting* so that others can see what you
think.  Any e-mail you send me would probably wind up
getting posted so that I can see what others think of the
idea.

The Bible of Usenet is a collection of Useful info. on
Usenet including:
        -A Short Description of the group.
        -A Long Description of the group
        -Any FAQ's that go with the group
        -The Moderators name and e-mail address if moderated
        -Where and how the group is archived, if at all.
        -Its average volume
        -Its average number of readers
        -Any mailing lists it is gatewayed to
Before Considering any names please check out the FAQ (just
posted) and at least the abbreviated version of the Bible
(see the FAQ for more info.)

PS: Lets keep this conversation civil; NO Flames or name-
calling.
--
* Kevin Atkinson, Clarknet Internet Serv., Maintainer of The Bible of Usenet *
*      Finger [email-masked] for more info on The Bible of Usenet.       *
*    Or send mail to [email-masked]  with a subject line of HELP.        *
*  This is in its beginning stages and I could use any help I could get!     *