Subject: minor xxgdb patch
From: [email-masked] (Mike Engelhardt)
Date: 9 Apr 1993 20:44:14 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

In the interest of getting a binary of xxgdb linked to modern
sharable Xfree libraries, I recompiled it(the bin on tsx is an
Xfree1.1 vintage that has the X libraries statically linked,
making for a rather large file).  The only changes required for
xxgdb-1.06 are:

  1. Change BSD style name of FNDELAY to POSIX style O_NDELAY.
  2. Change BSD style name of FAPPEND to POSIX style O_APPEND.
  3. Defined SYSV so that setpgrp() is called with no arguments.
  4. Commented out trapping and decoding of SIGBUS.

So to recompile xxgdb:

  1. ftp xxgdb-1.06.tar.Z, uncompress and tar.
  2. uudecode and gunzip this post.
  3. Apply xxgdb.diff with patch.
  4. cd to ./xxgdb-1.06 and xmkmf
  5. If your system is messed up like mine, change the line
     "USRLIBDIR = /usr/X386/lib" to "USRLIBDIR = /usr/lib"
  6. Type make and install the binary and man page.

credit: H.J. Lu helped me.

-- 
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email-masked]