Subject: APL for linux
From: Michael Cain <[email-masked]>
Date: 13 Apr 1993 19:04:30 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

I uploaded two files containing the APL\11 interpreter for
the APL language to sunsite.unc.edu.  This is basically the
same interpreter that has been distributed on the Berkley (sp?)
source-licensed-required tapes in the past.  U S WEST allowed
me to use their name to obtain a license from AT&T to distribute
the source freely.  The license included in this distribution
is intended to protect U S WEST, not inhibit the use or further
distribution of the source code.

apl11src.tpz contains the source code for the interpreter,
makefile, documentation, etc.  For those without the C compiler,
apl11bin.tpz contains a statically-linked executable for the
interpreter and the documentation.  The executable was built
under 99pl5, and is known to work there.  Files were tar'ed
and gzip'ed.

This is not a product-quality interpreter.  It uses ascii
characters instead of the usual unusual character set.  It is
restricted to "flat" APL.  However, I make use of it most days
at least as a fancy calculator, and occasionally for more
serious programming.  Bug reports (and fixes!!) can be sent
to me at the address below.

Enjoy!!
Mike Cain
[email-masked]

-- 
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email-masked]