Subject: Sound Driver for Linux 0.99.11
From: [email-masked] (Hannu Savolainen)
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 93 00:50:09 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

I have uploaded the version 1.0c of the sound driver to nic.funet.fi.
There is no new features in this version. It just compiles with Linux
0.99.11.

The driver is located at the directory pub/OS/Linux/xtra/snd-kit and the
file is snd-driv-1.0c.tar.gz (gzipped). There is also a diff against
version 1.0b in file snd-driv-1.0b-1.0c.diff (also at
sunsite:pub/Linux/kernel/misc-patches).

The driver development is aproaching version 2.0 and it's time to start
the alpha test phase soon. This version will support GUS and MPU-401
(dumb uart mode) in addtion to the SB, SB Pro, AdLib and PAS16 supported
by the version 1.0c. SB 16 (ASP) will not be supported unless someone
writes the driver. In addition this version will support the OPL-3 chip
(4 OP modes).

If you are interested to join the alpha test team, please subscribe to
the SOUND channel. I will use it for the further announcements.
(Send a message to [email-masked] with just a
line containing:

X-Mn-Admin: join SOUND
).

Hannu
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hannu Savolainen ([email-masked])
Linux: Free OS for free citizens.

--
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email-masked]