Subject: new release of rxvt on sunsite
From: [email-masked] (Robert Nation)
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 93 19:34:04 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

Rxvt release 1.2 has been uploaded to /pub/Linux/Incoming/rxvt-1.2.tar.z
on sunsite.unc.edu.

Xvt is an xterm replacement which uses a little less memory, and is 
suitable for use on machines with small memories. Tek4010 support
is removed.

Modifications were made by Rob Nation ([email-masked]) 
to make it a little more compact, and to add and remove certain features.

Here's what's new since the last release:
1. Bug fixes for:
	lock-ups when displaying character with code >127
	core dumps when pressing Alt+function key.
2. An xterm compatible scroll-bar is implemented as a run-time option.
3. -C option is now compatible with xterm's

Also, some unrelated stuff has been added to the package:
1. rclock - a lighter weight version of xclock. Has the nice feature
   of displaying the time in analog format when de-iconified, or in
   digital format when iconified

2. Notes on other tricks to conserve memory when using X. Shows a 
   route to saving a full megabyte of RAM. When running Xmono in 4.25
   megabytes of RAM, I now have 1.1 Mebyte free (actually its used for
   buffers).

Some people may have release 1.12. These people do not need to upgrade unless
they use the xterm-style scroll bar.

Rob Nation
([email-masked])

--
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email-masked]