Subject: CDplayer-0.1.tar.z available
From: [email-masked] (Mark Buckaway)
Date: 18 Jul 1993 20:13:23 -0400
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

When I installed my Mitsumi CDROM with the mcd 0.3 driver, I was happy
except I have no way to play audio CD's without running X-Windows for
the xcdplayer program.

Last night, I got fed up and decided to write my own that would not
require X to run; hence, the first release of CDplayer version 0.1.

This is a crude little utility that accepts command line arguments to
play an entire CD, play an entire CD from a certain track, show some
info on a CD, and pause a CD in play.

This is the first release, and although it is functional, it is by far
not perfect. Future releases will have refinements and a curses
interface. This should function with any Linux supported CDROM, but I
have only tested it the mcd 0.3 driver.

The file is on sunsite.unc.edu in /pub/Linux/Incoming and will be
moved to wherever when the sysadmin returns. It has been uploaded to
tsx-11.mit.edu as well and will appear there when the file is moved.

Mark
--
Mark Buckaway            [email-masked]
DataSoft Communications  uunorth!datasoft!mark
System Administrator

-- 
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email-masked]