Subject: Linux Mail Handler Instructions
From: [email-masked] (Bill Riemers)
Date: 20 Jul 1993 09:17:57 -0400
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

Its that time of the month again folks...  I should remind
everyone that the reply is generated automatically, and if
you use one of the subjects below, the mail handler delete 
your message after sending you a reply.
---

Linux mail handler!

Info on linux kits, and list Xconfig files.  How  does it work?
You send a message to:

  [email-masked]

Your subject line will determine what information you are sent.  The
following subject lines are recognized.  My mail handler attempts
to correct common errors, if the subject still isn't recognized
your message is forwarded to me as e-mail.

SUBJECT                           ACTION
------------------------ ----------------------------------------------
help                     mails you:an updated version of this file
hardware                 mails you:the hardware compatability list
Linux-FAQ toc            mails you:the Linux FAQ table of contents
Linux-FAQ 1              mails you:WARNINGS,                
                                   LINUX GENERAL INFORMATION, and       
                                   LINUX USEFUL ADDRESSES          
Linux-FAQ 2              mails you:INSTALLATION and COMMON PROBLEMS,   
                                   SOME CLASSICAL PROBLEMS, and       
                                   LINUX and DOS               
Linux-FAQ 3              mails you:MISCELLANEOUS HINTS, and        
                                   MORE HINTS              
Linux-FAQ 4              mails you:FEATURES,                
                                   GCC MISC INFORMATION, and          
                                   SCSI SPECIAL              
Linux-FAQ 5              mails you:EMACS for LINUX,            
                                   X11, THE MINIMUM and MORE, and      
                                   NETWORKING and LINUX            
Linux-FAQ 6              mails you:EVERYTHING FOR PRINTING, and         
                                   UUCP/NEWS/MAIL for LINUX       
Linux-FAQ toc 1 2 3 4 5 6   mails you:all of the Linux FAQ
Linux-META-FAQ           mails you:the Linux META-FAQ
Linux-support            mails you:instructions for Sunsite's mail help
mail-order               mails you:summary of Linux mail order adds
Unix-FAQ toc             mails you:The comp.unix.questions FAQ table of 
                                   contents
Unix-FAQ 1               mails you:General questions.
Unix-FAQ 2               mails you:Relatively basic questions, likely to
                                   be asked by beginners.
Unix-FAQ 3               mails you:Intermediate questions.
Unix-FAQ 4               mails you:Advanced questions, likely to be
                                   asked by people who though they
                                   already knew all of the answers.
Unix-FAQ 5               mails you:Questions pertaining to the various
                                   shells, and the differences.
Unix-FAQ 6               mails you:An overview of Unix variants.
Unix-FAQ 7               mails you:An comparison of configuration
                                   management systems (RCS, SCCS).
Unix-FAQ toc 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   mails you:the full comp.unix.questions FAQ
Xconfig-file             mails you:a list of Xconfig files available
<anything else>          forwards your message to Bill C. Riemers
------------------------ ----------------------------------------------
NOTE1: If your mail server does not support a subject line, send a message
with the key-word SUBJECT: followed by one of the above subjects.

NOTE2: Most of the help files are posted in comp.os.linux.announce
if you have access to this newsgroup obtain the HELP and FAQ files
there!  

PLEASE DON'T REQUEST MORE THAN 8 LETTERS / DAY

If you would like to add something to the one of the databases, send
me e-mail.  (This is a free service.)

------------

P.S. The sunsite instructions are not very helpfull.  I finially got
around to trying them and all I got was a reply telling me to request
ibugs* files, without a clue how to request them.  Even worse, my 
question was "How do I request sunsite files by mail?"  If anyone has
a more complete set of instructions could you mail and/or post them?  

--
"Yeti!  Saw them in the London Underground twenty years ago.  Ghosts!
A headless woman used to walk through my bedroom at midnight.  Mermaids?
Grandpa was rescued from the Marie Celeste by one.  Vampires?  I always
wondered where my dad went to at night.  Telepathy?  Right now you're
thinking that I'm talking crap.  So what can you tell me that I won't
believe in?" - Andrew Hunt, "CAT'S CRADLE: WITCH MARK"

-- 
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email-masked]