Subject: printing.how-to uploaded to SunSite:Incoming
From: [email-masked] (Grant Taylor)
Date: 18 Jul 1993 20:13:50 -0400
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

I have uploaded 'How to print under Linux' (release jul18-93) as
sunsite.unc.edu:/pub/Linux/Incoming/printing.how-to.  (At 50K, it is
now too large for c.o.l.a) 

[Actually, 50K is not too large for c.o.l.a, if you split it into 
multiple parts. :) --mdw]

It contains information on how to set up lpd, gs, ghostview, type 1
fonts, the use of TeX/LaTeX, etc, and how to preview (with and without
X) and fax documents as well.  Included is the documentation omitted
from the gs-2.6.1 distribution about the X11 driver, resources, color
models, and platform fonts.

(This was originally written in response to the 'why are you using a
non-standard thing like LaTeX for the LDP?' flame war on the DOC
channel a while back.)

-grant

Grant Taylor                                   [email-masked]
Read `how to print under linux' -- get it from sunsite or mail server:
To: [email-masked]
Subject: send printing.how-to  -or-  Subject: printing.how-to.z.uue
and for a list of other linux printing-related files: 
Subject: help

-- 
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email-masked]