Subject: Plotmtv uploaded
From: [email-masked] (Michael Klemme)
Date: 28 Jul 1993 12:50:14 -0400
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

Hallo!

I have ported the Kenny Toh's program PLOTMTV V1.3.1  to Linux.

FROM THE MANPAGES:
------------------

DESCRIPTION:
PLOTMTV  is  a fast and convenient X11 program for visual-
ization of scientific data.  The program reads in data  in
the  MTVDAT format and plots each dataset in the data-file
in turn.  Each plot comes with  a  simple  but  functional
Graphical User Interface, which allows users to zoom in or
pan to areas of interest on the plot, or to toggle between
2D  and 3D plots. The plots may then be sent directly to a
grayscale or color PostScript printer for  hard-copy  out-
put.

PLOTMTV's  capabilities  include 2D line and scatter plots
(x-vs-y), contour plots,  3D  surface,  line  and  scatter
plots  as well as vector plots.  The Graphical User Inter-
face allows interactive zoom and pan, toggling between  2D
and  3D  plots, rotating 3D plots, and some (limited) cus-
tomization of the resultant plots.  Through the  GUI,  one
can  also print the plot using the "Print" button, or save
the Postscript plot to a file using the  "Print  to  File"
button. Both color and grayscale postscript output are
supported.

It can be found at: 

	nic.funet.fi:		Linux/util/sci/plotmtv

        tsx-11.MIT.EDU:  /pub/linux/src/usr.bin.X11/plotmtv-1.31.src.tar.gz
                         /pub/linux/src/usr.bin.X11/plotmtv-1.31.README
                         /pub/linux/bin/usr.bin.X11/plotmtv-1.31.bin.tar.gz

Have fun

	Michael Klemme

-- 

Life can only be understood backwards;
but it must be lived forwards.
			Kierkegaard

     Michael Klemme
     Gesamthochschule Paderborn, Germany
     EMail: [email-masked]
-- 
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email-masked]