Subject: System Admin tool uploaded (ALPHA)
From: [email-masked] (Brian Kimmel)
Date: 28 Jul 1993 13:22:21 -0400
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

I have uploaded to tsx-11 and sunsite the alfa release of the first of
the Kimbro system administration tools.

Here is a part of the README:

The purpose of this package is to establish a basic configuration that
follows normal system administration policies.  That is, files are
located in the *proper* directories and have the *correct*
permissions.

Since no two SAs will ever agree as to the exact properness and
correctness is for any given system, I expect this will evolve to be a
consensus definition of what a Linux system should be.

This is basically an ALPHA release.  If you are not sure of what you
are doing, DON'T USE THIS PACKAGE.  I am starting this and expect to
have a lot of mistakes pointed out.  Eventually, I hope this will
evolve to be the definitive answer for the setup of a Linux system.
In any case run the program WITHOUT the -f flag to see what it tells
you that may be wrong with your system.

Be sure that you make a boot-able root disk before you change anything
on your system.

Mail comments, bug reports, etc. to [email-masked]
Brian

-- 
D. Brian Kimmel  [email-masked]

-- 
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email-masked]