Subject: gcc 2.4.5 is on tsx-11
From: HJ Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Jul 1993 21:44:23 -0400
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

I finally got time to put gcc 2.4.5 binary on tsx-11. Nothing special
about it. You can get it if you haven't got it yet and don't have
the time/disk space to compile it yourself.

----
This is the Linux binary release of gcc 2.4.5, built with
gcc-2.4.5.tar.z. You have to use 0.99 pl10 or above to run it. You have
to have the Linux C library 4.4.1 or above installed to use it.

You can get it from tsx-11 under pub/linux/packages/GCC.

This release fixed lots of g++ bugs. If you are using g++, please use
this one. The function templates should work now.

WARNING:
 1) Object C is in this relaese. But it is untested.
 2) libgcc.a and libobjc.a under /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux/2.4.5
    are compiled with debug turned on. They will be linked if -static,
    -g or -pg is used during linking. libgcc.a in /usr/lib is compiled
    with debug turned off.
 3) I changed /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux/2.4.5/specs a little bit
    such that cc -p -g will link like -p.
 4) Only i486 binaries are provided. It is a little bit bigger than
    i386 version, and runs with the same speed on i386 but faster on
    i486.

The file list

1. gcc-2.4.5-p1.tar.z
   Cpp, cc1, cc1plus, protoize, unprotoize and version dependent
   header files. Protoize and unprotoize are untested. To install

	gzip -dc gcc-2.4.5-p1.tar.z | tar xvvof -

2. gcc-2.4.5-p2.tar.z
   Object C stuff. Untested. To install

	cd /
	gzip -dc gcc-2.4.5-p2.tar.z | tar xvvof -

BTW, please fix the file permissions and ownerships.

To use the old one, please do

gcc -V xxxxxx # xxxxxx is the old version number.

H.J.
[email-masked]
07/23/93

-- 
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email-masked]