Subject: Upload of drop-in Xaw3d DLL library to sunsite
From: [email-masked] (R.W.W. Hooft)
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1993 09:28:41 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

I have uploaded to sunsite.unc.edu:/pub/Linux/Incoming
the package libXaw3d-3.0-A.tar.z.

Watch the announcements of Erik Troan to see if it moves.

The libXaw3.so.3.0 file in this package is a drop-in replacement for
/lib/libXaw.so.3.0. I have used it for a few days now without
problems. In the README file of the original package the authors
warn people using aXe and xarchie. These two programs probably won't
work unchanged with this drop-in library, but I don't use them, so I
don't know.

Please notice that it has been no more than about 20 minutes of my
time (most of this for writing the README file). Go and praise Dirk
Hohndel and Eric Youngdale (and the authors of Xaw3d) instead!

The README from the package is appended.

Best Regards,

Rob Hooft.
==========================================================
This package is:
 -    How to build a DLL jumptable version of Xaw3d libs

It is based on:
 -    Eric Youngdale's package of tools for building DLL libraries.
 -    package  DLL-X.0.2.tar.z 02/04/93   Dirk Hohndel

It contains:
 -    unmodified sources of the original library (export.lcs.mit.edu). 
 -    A few scripts that can help rebuilding the library.
 -    A modified lex.c file ('flex'ed and corrected: UGLY!)

It was designed by:
 -    Rob Hooft ([email-masked])

With help of:
 -    David Engel ([email-masked]), the original author of the JumpTables.
 -    H.J. Lu ([email-masked]), the maintainer of our GCC and libc.
 -    the DLL tools 2.1 package by Eric Youngdale.
 -    Dirk Hohndel, who actually did all the work.

To build the lib (you don't need to if you trust me):
 -    you need an installed 'tools' package.
 -    modify the make.shared script, it needs to know the JUMP_DIR.
 -    Type './make.clean' (if needed).
 -    Type './make.shared' to make the shared lib.

To install the lib:
 -    cp libXaw3.so.3.0 /lib
 -    cd /lib
 -    ln -sf libXaw3.so.3.0 libXaw.so.3

Warning:
 -    Read the README file in the Xaw3d subdirectory for some Xaw3d warnings.