Subject: xdtm 2.5
From: [email-masked] (Alejandro Rivero)
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1993 21:47:03 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

I dont know if this is already in the list of ported software, so Im only
a small comment.

I have tried (and got) to compile the X desktop manager 2.5 to linux +
xfree+olwm. Some details to account for:

-You need between 3 and 7 Mbytes free to compile and install.
- Standard SLS distribution has BISON and FLEX, but no XPM color icons.
	you must observe this then editing the Imakefile
-xmkmf put spaces in the makefile, you must change them to tabs as usual
-you can (must?) asume you are a TRUE_SYSV, but be aware, xdtm makes
 wrong assumtions about which include to use to define some constants,
  X_OK and R_OK. They are in unistd.h, but xtdm sources look for them
  in file.h sometimes. And other files assume that unistd is in include/sys,
which is also wrong.

I havent got the color icons, but I will confess I have look around only
for three or four hours.

Happy linuxing!

Alejandro Rivero
Theoretical Phys
Zaragoza Univ
Spain