Subject: Simula for linux
From: Jan Nicolai Langfeldt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1993 16:12:19 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

Announcing a Simula compiler (well, complete Simula to C translator
and compilation control) for linux.

It was compiled with gcc 2.3.3, for 4.3.2 shared libraries. Earlier
shared libraries will not work due to bugs in them.

cim binary is freely distributable, but the source is restricted so
it's not included (it is available for those wishing to enhance cim
tho).

It can be found on these sites:

  nic.funet.fi: /pub/OS/Linux/util/languages/linux.cim.tar.Z
  sunsite.unc.edu: /pub/Linux/development/linux.cim.tar.Z

It should appear somewhere on tsx.mit.edu.

Anyone that has gotten earlier versions of cim (from ftp.ifi.uio.no)
can upgrade now if they wish, if nothing else they can finaly get rid
if the obsolete libraries they have been forced to keep around.

Simula was the first object-oriented programming language, constructed
in the late 1960ies. It pionered the concepts that now is all the rage
in the software business.

Please contact [email-masked] (me) with any questions about cim on
linux.

Nicolai

-- 
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email-masked]