Subject: MS-DOS FS version 0.11 released
From: [email-masked] (Werner Almesberger)
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1993 03:15:21 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

I've just uploaded version 0.11 of the MS-DOS FS to sunsite.unc.edu's
/pub/Linux/Incoming and to tsx-11.mit.edu, where it will appear in
/pub/linux/ALPHA/dosfs. The file is named dosfs.11.tar.Z

This time, the changes are quite minimal - the most important change is
0.99pl7 compatibility. CHANGES section is attached. Note: dosfs.11 will
only work with Linux 0.99pl7 (and probably later). The previous release
dosfs.10 won't work with 0.99pl7.

I probably should have labeled it "BETA", because it seems to be quite
stable and will probably be ready for inclusion into the standard kernel
quite soon. (I suppose that much optimism will immediately yield a few
megabytes of bug reports ;-)

- Werner

---------------------------------- cut here -----------------------------------

CHANGES FROM VERSION 10 TO 11
=============================

  - some minor changes for 0.99pl7 compatibility.
  - added a check for creation of '.' and '..' to the regression test.
  - removed some gcc 2.3.3 warnings from smount.c and todos.c
-- 
   _________________________________________________________________________
  / Werner Almesberger, ETH Zuerich, CH           [email-masked] /
 /_IFW_A44__Tel._+41_1_254_7213___________________________________________/

-- 
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email-masked]