Subject: ALPHA-diffs for 0.99 patchlevel 7
From: [email-masked] (Linus Torvalds)
Date: 22 Mar 1993 21:03:45 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

I don't generally announce ALPHA-diffs to quite this large an audience,
but I'll be partying^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hunavailable for the rest of the
week, and it's unlikely that I will be able to check mails or the
newsgroups until the start of April.  As a result, I'm putting up my
latest kernel version for ftp as it fixes some things in 0.99.7.

The ALPHA-diffs can be found on nic.funet.fi: in the directory
pub/OS/Linux/PEOPLE/Linus.  If you dislike patching, you can get the
full sources in "linux-0.99.7A.tar.z", or just get the diff file
"ALPHA-diff.z". 

Changes in this release:
 - the new kernel now detects the lock-up condition at startup if you
   have a faulty 386/387 coupling, and will use software floating point
   in that case. 
 - the Xia filesystem is updated to the latest version
 - the DOS filesystem is updated to the latest version
 - the XT disk driver is included: I haven't been able to test it, but
   at least it won't bother anybody if you don't configure it in.. 
 - the latest serial diffs are in
 - minor ultrastor fixes
 - some changes to the keyboard and line printer drivers: I hope the
   keyboard lockups that some people have reported would be gone with
   this release. 
 - some fixes to arp.c

I'll be interested in success/failure reports, although I won't be able
to answer them for some time (and I might miss some of the posts on
c.o.l). 

		Linus

-- 
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email-masked]