Subject: Fixed afio uploaded to sunsite
From: [email-masked] (Andrew Stevens)
Date: 25 Mar 1993 16:38:31 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

[afio is an archiver program; many household uses. --mdw]

I have just uploaded to sunsite a fixed version afio
(afio-2.3pgm.4.tar.z) of Dave Gymer's port of afio (afio.2.3.tar.z) .
This should fix the problem with file table overflows and greatly tidies
up the handling of double buffering.

Note: under Linux the option to verify floppies after writing them
is usually defeated by the buffer cache.  I.e. if you have
enough RAM the floppy will not be re-read because the read is
satisfied by the copy in buffer cache.  

Andrew
-- 
        Andrew Stevens               INTERNET: [email-masked]
      Programmming Research Group       
     11 Keble Road, Oxford, England     
     OX1 3QD   +44 0865 272563

-- 
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email-masked]