Subject: new binutils is on tsx-11
From: [email-masked] (HJ Lu)
Date: 25 Mar 1993 16:38:55 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

The binaries are in binutils.tar.z on tsx-11 under pub/linux/GCC.
The source code is in binutils-1.9l.tar.z on tsx-11 under
pub/linux/GCC/src.

The only changes are in ld for dynamically linked library.

H.J.
-- 
School of EECS				Internet: [email-masked]
Washington State University		BITNET:   [email-masked]
Pullman, WA 99164			Phone:    (509) 334-6315
--------
These are binary utilities used by Linux, which are based on the GNU
binutils 1.9.

Lots of changes are made for dynamically linked libraries and
cross-compiling. You need gnu make 3.62 or above to use
Makefile.linux.

Please use Makefile.linux as base for your Makefile. I didn't get time
to test them, You are more than welcome to fix any bugs it may have. If
you have any problems, please drop me a note.

There is file, ld.c.dll.diff, which is the diff from the virgin
binutils 1.9. If you want to use binutils 2.x to cross-compile from
big endian machine, you should try to incorporate the diff to binutils
2.x. Please contact [email-masked] for further info.

I also fixed a bug. Now you can do

gcc -s -o foo foo.o
strip foo

without seeing any error message.

H.J.
[email-masked]
03/25/93

-- 
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email-masked]