Subject: fig2mf & diagramf added to Linux TeX archive
From: [email-masked] (Thomas Dunbar)
Date: 30 Mar 1993 20:26:56 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce,comp.os.linux

i've added fig2mf.tpz and diagramf.tpz to the t2 disk of the SLS
package at tsx-11.mit.edu.

 fig2mf contains binary and source for a little utility to convert 
fig drawings (e.g. those made with xfig) into MetaFont code. some 
sample fig drawings are included. unpack at / and then read
/usr/TeX/man/fig2mf.dvi. This method of graphic insertion (for simple
graphics, at any rate) has an advantage over, say, inserting eps with
dvips in that the text and graphics can be viewed with xdvi, etc.
fig2mf uses the Leathrum's graphbase.mf from the mfpic package; the
version of graphbase.mf included will overwrite the older version
(that is in texlib.tpz).

 diagramf contains TeX and MetaFont code to put simple diagrams in 
tex files. i've added a script to run it (assumes the default dirs
i compiled into tex,mf, etc.)

 the non-Linux specific archives are available at ftp.tex.ac.uk--a
very extensive archive of TeX/MetaFont related stuff.

  thomas ([email-masked])

-- 
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email-masked]