Subject: new dual-monitor patches
From: [email-masked] (Jeff Grills)
Date: 2 May 1993 21:13:56 +0300
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

After hacking on this for a bit, and talking Tuomas Lukka and Cory West,
I'm now in charge of maintaining the dual-monitor patches for linux.

MAJOR NEW FEATURE: you can now dynamically choose which monitor a VC
will appear on.  Basically, you hold down the right-alt-key when you
press a function key, and it comes up on the mono monitor.  You
hold the left down, it comes up on the color.  This corresponds to
the physical position of the monitors on my desk, so I made it easy
for you to reverse this.  See the enclosed docs.  It does redraws
of the screen if the size changes, and sends a sigwinch to the process
running in that VC.

This is a working release, however it is by no means finished or perfect.
It is known to have problems with graphics applications, such as X.
I plan to clean it up in a while, but I thought the world would like
use of the work I've done so far.

Basically, if you have interest in this, go grab the package
(currently only on sunsite.unc.edu:/pub/Linux/Incoming
as dual-mon.0999.tar.z), and read the README file therein.
As this name implies, this is a context diff for the 0.99pl9 linux kernel.

Hope you like, and it serves you well.  Email all comments,
questions, bugs (perferably  with context-diff patches (grin))
to me, [email-masked]

-- 
jeff grills
[email-masked]