Subject: Upload of libgr-1.2 and libf2c-0.7
From: [email-masked] (R.W.W. Hooft)
Date: 3 May 1993 13:02:38 +0300
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

Directed by the release of the new XV-3.00 (graphics viewer) source on
export.lcs.mit.edu and the appearance of a new version of f2c (Fortran
to C translator) on prep.ai.mit.edu, I have uploaded new versions of
the graphics and fortran DLL libraries to sunsite.unc.edu. The only
difference with the older versions is that newer versions of the
original code were used.

Both libraries probably require the 4.3.3 lib{c|m} to work correctly.

Also uploaded is the April 1993 version of the f2c program.

Filenames:

sunsite.unc.edu:/pub/Linux/Libs/libgr-1.2.README
sunsite.unc.edu:/pub/Linux/Libs/libgr-1.2.tar.z
sunsite.unc.edu:/pub/Linux/development/fortran/f2c-Apr93-bin.README
sunsite.unc.edu:/pub/Linux/development/fortran/f2c-Apr93-bin.z
sunsite.unc.edu:/pub/Linux/development/fortran/libf2c-0.7.README
sunsite.unc.edu:/pub/Linux/development/fortran/libf2c-0.7.tar.z

For people who have never seen my libraries before:

The libf2c.so.0.7 allows Fortran binaries to be almost as small as C
binaries of the same functionality ("Hello, world" <2kB)

The libgr.so.1.2 makes graphics programs a lot smaller: notably all
binaries using libtiff.a are reduced by 200 kB and all programs using
libjpeg.a by 50kB. Furthermore it can save you the hassle of having to
compile the tiff library for yourself (for which you need 18MB of free
virtual memory and some patience).

The new version of the f2c lib and program should also appear on
tsx-11.mit.edu, but please be patient.

Regards,
--
Rob W.W. Hooft,  Department of crystal and structural chemistry
Bijvoet Center for Biomolecular Research, University of Utrecht
The Netherlands ===== [email-masked] ([email-masked])
====Use a Real Operating System on your 386: Linux is FREE!====