Subject: ANNOUNCEMENT: Tin v1.2 GAMMA PL0 for LINUX (nov & xover aware)
From: [email-masked] (Iain Lea)
Date: 14 May 1993 19:09:05 +0300
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce,comp.os.linux,news.software.readers

I have uploaded a LINUX only binary version of the TIN newsreader to:

  ftp.germay.eu.net:/pub/comp/i386/Linux/Incoming.UniDO/tin-1.20G.t.z

The version is a late GAMMA of v1.2 PL0.  Its main claim to fame is
builtin support for the NOV & XOVER index file standard plus numerous
bug fixes over v1.1 PL9.  

I have only been able to test the XOVER support against a remote INN 
v1.4 server.  I am looking for people to test it against a local news
spool and .overview files.  As soon as I receive positive feedback I
will be releasing v1.2 PL0 to alt.sources and the ftp sites.

Enjoy and please report any nov / xover problems you find to me.

Iain

PS. It may take the ftp admin at ftp.germany.eu.net a few days to
    upload the file to the above location.

--
NAMES  Iain Lea    [email-masked]
SNAIL  Siemens AG, ANL A433SZ, Gruendlacher Str. 248, 8510 Fuerth, Germany.
PHONE  +49-911-3089-407 (work) +49-911-331963 (home) +49-911-3089-290 (FAX)