Subject: Linux in PCWeek Twice!
From: Brian Mahaffy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 1994 16:31:49 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

Linux is making its way into the "Mainstream" PC press!  Linux shows up
twice in the current (April 25, 1994) issue of PCWeek from Ziff Davis.

The top center front page article covers the recent announcement from
Novell about Expose'.  I for one am very pleased with the favorable 
description of Linux given in the article.  A quote from the article:

    "The new system, code-named Expose' is not a derivative of 
    Novell's own UnixWare; it is based on Linux, a ** FULL-FEATURED **
    [emphasis mine] Unix clone for PCs that is distributed under a
    free GNU Public License, sources said.  Linux 1.0, which shipped
    in March, runs on 386- and 486- based ISA and EISA computers."

                                        -- PCWeek 4/25/94

The description of Linux as full featured is significant due to the
grief PCWeek gave Novell over the descriptions of the initial release
of UnixWare as being an incomplete and NOT full featured Unix when
the initial version shipped previously.

The second appearence of Linux is in an article about Xwindow software
for Macs and MSWindows called "eXodus".  In the pictures accompanying
the article, what appears to be Linux BASH sessions are clearly visible
in the pictures.  Appropriatly enough, the system name on the BASH
sessions (as well as the Xload screen) is 'Linux'.

We seem to be taking over folks! 8^>

....Brian
--
_______________________________________________________________________
Brian Mahaffy      Hewlett-Packard | Any sufficiently advanced  
Storage Subsystems Division (SSD)  | technology, is indistinguishable
N6UGP              (208)396-7857   | from Magic! 
[email-masked]             |                    Arthur C. Clark
[email-masked]             |
___________________________________|___________________________________
              Ask me about Linux!     The Free Unix for x86 PCs
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
"They, that can give up essential liberty, to obtain a little temporary
 safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin 1759

--
Mail submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email-masked]
Be sure to include Keywords: and a short description of your software.